It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - what is the purpose of us being in a human body?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
No one knows ... so there are no right or wrong answers. Based on your thoughts and experiences and learning .. what is the purpose of us (our real selves .. our spiritual consciousness) being stuck in these human bodies?

Is there no purpose at all? We are what we are? No reason at all? No God? No spirit?

Does the fact that we are in these human bodies that get sick and break down evidence that they are not 'intelligently designed?

Or do we have a creator-god who is really cruel? A dead beat dad who enjoys watching us suffer?

Or is our 'creator' really other organic life forms (aliens) ... but if so then still the question remains why did the ultimate creator (god) put our spiritual essence into these human bodies?

Or is the fact that we are in frail human bodies evidence of an intelligent designer putting us in organic bodies to learn higher spiritual lessons? LIke compassion? Like suffering with the world so we know we are all together somehow? Broken bodies are an opportunity for others to step in and help which is good karma and helps us develop spiritually, etc etc?

Or is it something else altogether???

That's what I'd like to know your opinion on .... If there is a higher being that has created humanity, why do you think He decided to stick our spiritual essence into these fallible and sickly organic bodies that are so very limited and that suffer and die? Was He being cruel? and uncaring? Was He thinking we would grow spiritually from the experience? Or are just what we are for no reason ... there is no 'what purpose' to answer?

I don't have the answer. I'm asking the question. What do you think?
Anyone's answer is as good as anyone else's.
So please ... share what you think. I'd LOVE to hear it!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I think therefore I am.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
I think therefore I am.

Yes .. but why are you thinking while in an organic body?
Do you mean that you need an organic body to think with and that is it's purpose?
Can you think without an organic body ... while in a spiritual 'body'??

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
What do you have to be given a purpose? Find one for yourself. Decide your own meaning.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
What do you have to be given a purpose? Find one for yourself. Decide your own meaning.

So there is no greater purpose of the human body other than what you or I make of it?
Interesting.

Those who believe 'everything has a purpose or a reason for happening' ....
They make up a greater purpose or a reason for random events.
Yes??

Okay ... as good an answer as any other.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
"noone knows"

so then ill reserve my answer from this thread. since uve already decided u wont meet anyone who knows on it.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I have struggled for years on what is our reason for existing...
I was discussing this very subject with a mate who thinks our purpose is to seed other planets with humanity.
I disagreed with that theory.
My conclusion is not very nice,but allows me to keep a form of sanity in a world gone mental.

Its simple-we are here in this form to trash everything-all other species,all ecosystems-everything we touch and even that we don't touch.

Mother natures reset button,in human form.

Sure we may think we are super intelligent,advanced and deserve our place at the top of the pile.
But we aren't and don't.
All the good things we are capable of pale into insignificance when you look at the bigger picture of death and destruction we create,many times without even trying to do so.

Mother natures wreaking crew,gone viral.
If that's the reality-we are damned good at it.

I apologise for my negativity-I have tried looking at the world through rose tinted specs,but ultimatley that is delusional-at least my above theory seems to fit,when you look at the long term,and how much we are responsible for destroying,especially since the industrial revolution.

Just my opinion after 38 years on planet Earth-I really hope I am wrong,but doubt it.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by ObservingYou
I think therefore I am.

Yes .. but why are you thinking while in an organic body?
Do you mean that you need an organic body to think with and that is it's purpose?
Can you think without an organic body ... while in a spiritual 'body'??

Why am I thinking in an organic body? Because I was born into one.
Why do I have an organic body? Star dust got creative.
Can I think in a spiritual 'body'?.... Not by the same mechanism - but yes.
Is there 'spirit/soul'? Yes, science that I find credible proves this.
Why does anything exist? Will be an eternal infinite question that can never be answered, as there is no beginning and no end.

My two cents

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Excellent questions. I'm a firm believer of the second entry to the Emerald Tablets of Thoth, where we get "That which is below is like that which is above & that which is above is like that which is below to do the miracles of one only thing" (as above, so below).

When people have left their bodies and returned or have visions or astral travel, they hear, see, smell, and sometimes even taste things. When we get direction from guides, they are heard. These things require our bodies to experience, right? Well, that's what we think, anyway.

I used to think it a little too convenient that the other side used the same senses that we do here but I always had it backwards. The other side is not modeled after us; it is us who is modeled after them.

As far as "why", their are several answers. One is "why not"? Another is that there is more to learn with finite resources and mortal bodies than there is with infinite abundance and immortality.

It's the same reason people start new characters all the time in games and some will purposely put ridiculous handicaps on their selves when playing. For example, I used to make Skyrim characters with "rules" like "my dude is a tradesman so all he can use is a pick and wood axe". It made it fun and I how to play the game differently. When some of us are born with anger issues or disabilities, it teaches us how to play the game differently.

The reason I use digital gaming for examples is because of the whole "as above, so below". We are the "below" in comparison to the other side but digital games are the "below" in comparison to us. There are a whole lot of parallels to spirituality and digital simulations and person can see it once they get past the stigmas.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
My conclusion is not very nice,but allows me to keep a form of sanity in a world gone mental.

I'm trying to follow your thought ...

So we are organic beings ... with no spiritual essence and no supernatural reason for existing in organic form. Or organic form is just that ... part of a eco system that is out of balance?

Okay ... as good an answer as any.

BTW .. you mentioned 'keeping sanity in a world gone mental'. Trying to find purpose in something that doesn't have purpose can also be a way that people try to keep their sanity. If you are correct, and there is no purpose to us being stuck in these frail bodies at all other than a natural ecosystem ... then that would indeed be a depressing thought and many people would have mental/physical breakdowns at that thought. So that is worth mentioning ...

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

No one knows. But I'm interested to see what people think. You never know what enlightening train of thought will come from others and where it will lead ...

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Maybe we are here as a way of water transportation to water and fertilize the earth? maybe we are as a whole species a virus, a planet killer? maybe we are the product/vehicle or lab of the 10,00 species of germs and bacteria that occupy our bodies? maybe we are a species gone unchecked since the extinction on the dinosaurs? maybe we are the result of alien manipulation? perhaps we are here to adapt,procreate and advance our evolution? maybe there is a higher purpose and love is really all we need? a thousand possibilities could exist, it's up to you to choose which one

edit on 24-8-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

Oh excellent. Fun answer. Deep!
You are in an organic body because you were born into one.
WHY were you born in an organic body and not in an etherial one?
Is there a reason .. a greater purpose .. or was it just random that you jumped into an organic one?

Your thoughts??

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

So our frail human organic bodies teach us things. Well .. teach those who are willing to learn from the experience. Teach things that can't be learned in a perfect etherial body. Okay.
As good of an answer as any.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

So our frail human organic bodies teach us things. Well .. teach those who are willing to learn from the experience. Teach things that can't be learned in a perfect etherial body. Okay.
As good of an answer as any.

Even if you are not willing to learn in this incarnation, you are at least being a teacher for others.

When trying to make sense of a small child dying, you are only left with either "as above, so below" or with strict secular atheism. Since many of us KNOW of the other side and cannot, with any honesty, believe in atheism, it leaves very few explanations.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well science is beginning to prove the old shamans correct on the universe, the idea that time and existence do not truly exist and are simply a part of our experience.

Long story short, the universe (including time) is a single tiny point in a void of nothingness, we are a part of everything, and everything is a part of us. We are eternal in a weird way.

However, to exist at all in this physical manifestation we need a machine to operate within. Not all consciousness needs to have a body, but to exist in the material universe we need something to get around in. That means we have to accept the inevitable, that everything becomes worn out in the end. Death is obviously the one downside to physical manifestation.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I believe 100% that we are not our bodies. We are Quantum Holograms (Soul) that can interface with the matrix of life itsself. We are given bodies so that we can manipulate 3rd dimentional objects. We were given these bodies to learn. In the spirit realms, all information can be accessed instaneously. This is why spirits don't need bodies anymore. Thought is the basis behind quantum information gathering. Astral projection is proof of two things so far: One is that we have a Soul, and two this Soul can roam the universe/dimentions without the need for a body. I have come up with a new shamanic theory. The body serves as the projector. What is being projected is the soul (quantum hologram). Also keep in mind that all energy is entangled no matter the distance. This would eliminate the need for space travel. Why use a rocket to travel, when your own energy/mind is already everywhere?
edit on 24-8-2013 by Oannes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Because when can only experience certain concepts when we are physical beings in a physical playground.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I wouldn't say we are not spiritually capable,rather other drives get in the way.
I know I sound really depressing,but the thing is I see myself as optimistic in some ways-Its just that when I look at history,and the present we seem to be heading into a future where most other animals are either extinct or live only in zoos,while we will be left with a resourseless rock and no hope of achieving our potential-we need those resources and minerals if we were to say get into deep space someday.

David Attenborugh,the wildlife guy wrote a book years ago called "the first eden."
In it he talks about the history of species across the globe and how they are affected when us two leggeds move into their territories-sadly the result is always the same-every other species are decimated,resources stripped,then we find somewhere else to repeat the carnage.

I ain't an eco freak,but that book sort of hit a nerve with me as to what we are about,maybe not even consciously but on some base level.
Don't get me wrong we are also capable of great beauty and wonder-but in the end we still wreak more than help our home planet.
Gawd help the Sirians if we ever manage to pay them a visit..

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

No one knows ... so there are no right or wrong answers. Based on your thoughts and experiences and learning .. what is the purpose of us (our real selves .. our spiritual consciousness) being stuck in these human bodies?

Is there no purpose at all? We are what we are? No reason at all? No God? No spirit?

I think this is one of the best set of questions asked here on ATS in a long time.

You and I have very similar thoughts.

I personal believe that we choose our lives and the physical experience that goes along with it, just like someone that decides to go to an amusement park for the day. Upon entering the amusement park the reality is transformed into a different world, one of fun and diversity.

It would make sense that if we are eternal that we have experienced everything, thus the need to have some sort of veil, or block put on us to focus on the experience we have chosen.

I can say that in my personal opinion I will never ever return to this thing we cal earth, it was interesting, but it feels like I have live a thousand lives and I am over it.

My analogy is like when someone pulls your finger and you fart, it's funny the first few times, but after awhile it gets old.

I guess the only thing I can say is try to enjoy the ride while it last, then don't buy another ticket next time.

edit on 24-8-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join