It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - what is the purpose of us being in a human body?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
reply to post by TarzanBeta

If a functioning human organism is the only broadcaster, then I propose an experiment. Ask your finger to tell your brain to numb your body.

Don't tell your brain to. Ask your finger to. Of course, the irony should immediately be found upon this request, but do it anyway.

Why would one talk to his finger? Maybe you should tell your brain to conjure a better analogy.

Exactly right. But you said the functioning human organism is the broadcaster.

That cannot be true. You cannot control your functions. You can't add height to yourself. You can't grow your hair the way you want it simply by thought.

The body contains the necessary hardware and software for receiving and interpreting signals, but those signals obviously do not originate from the body itself. The brain is the physical organ which receives and processes those signals. Those signals must be manifest physically before the brain.

But from where do the signals originate?

Edit to ask: Which major organ cannot be artificially created and implanted, or its function reproduced and redirected, into a human being? The brain. If you want to kill the body, you kill the brain. But if the brain is only a processor, then from where does the information originate?
edit on 8/24/2013 by TarzanBeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Originally posted by Visitor2012

In my travels, it seems to me that being alive IS the purpose of life.

edit on 24-8-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

You just remarried the idea of life being tied only to the body with that sentence, after you spent the entire time saying that it isn't.

That's circular and pointless.

The purpose of life is -not- so that the body might live, or else the body would not be dying. Nature, as base as it is, proves this.

You misunderstood what I am saying. Life itself, creating or manifesting all of the form in this universe, seems to be doing so, for the sake of experiencing itself. So all of existence, being all form including yourself, IS the result of the fulfillment of that life energy or of that consciousness.

In other words, to put it in an exaggerated way, we are Trophies that are trying to win. Or we are the purpose served, that is trying to find a purpose to serve.

edit on 24-8-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

It does not seem, at all. Only from a "the world revolves around me and only me" perspective, which nature, as base as it is, proves wrong by the existence of many individuals.

It's still circular logic.

There is a purpose to the experience. It has been explained. And it shouldn't have to be explained because it's very simple to understand.

People these days keep seeking higher understanding; ironically putting themselves in a position to not accept that the truth has manifest and it is here and it is easy to receive.

It couldn't be great wisdom if it was easy to receive, right?

Or could it.

A quote attributed to a couple of bright minds:

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I accept that you have found a purpose to yourself, but please don't have the arrogance to assume your purpose should apply to everyone. It is our right to determine our own purpose. Call it an exercise in creativity.
edit on 24-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I tend to think of the universe as God, everything as just one Spirit, people, plants, animals, oceans, stars, planets, galaxies, all an expression of Spirit.

I don't think that the why of my being here is important. I think just being here is important.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Exactly right. But you said the functioning human organism is the broadcaster.

That cannot be true. You cannot control your functions. You can't add height to yourself. You can't grow your hair the way you want it simply by thought.

No. I'm saying your functions control you. You are your bodily functions, and the body that functions. A song cannot play the instrument it comes from.

The body contains the necessary hardware and software for receiving and interpreting signals, but those signals obviously do not originate from the body itself. The brain is the physical organ which receives and processes those signals. Those signals must be manifest physically before the brain.

But from where do the signals originate?

I agree with this. The signals come from the environment. If that's what you meant with the Broadcaster analogy, I would have to agree.

Edit to ask: Which major organ cannot be artificially created and implanted, or its function reproduced and redirected, into a human being? The brain. If you want to kill the body, you kill the brain. But if the brain is only a processor, then from where does the information originate?

Yes. Reality, or whatever you want to call it. I agree.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

People who are trying to find a higher understanding to life, admit that they don't HAVE an understanding to life. That's self honesty, they are honest with themselves and they have a certain humbleness and humility. But people who think they KNOW what life is and what existence is.....

...and push their 'knowledge' onto others as Truth, I avoid them like the plague.
edit on 24-8-2013 by Visitor2012 because: I asked a question as to if he ever had an OBE. But I'm no longer interested in the answer.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I'd ask the same question about all of the animals and plants and insects and bacteria and fungi and whatever else. What's the purpose of them being in imperfect bodies, existing in ignorance?

All life is in the same predicament. Stuck in imperfect bodies, swimming against a tide of ignorance that seems to go on without end and cannot be completely overcome.

I think if there's no purpose for lower lifeforms then there's no purpose for us either.

The nearest I can come to purpose is to conclude that life is experience. Take it or leave it. Our purpose then is to breath and continue on for as long as we can bare it or accept it.

I would say that since being here and experiencing is our purpose then being healthy and satisfied and living a long life is also our purpose. However, experience is not confined to happiness or good health. Experience also includes everything painful and sad. There's no law book which says how long one should live. If one only lives a single day because of overbearing disease then so be it. If one should be in anguish and pain for most of their life then so be it. There's no law against that. Until one can define experience as only including good health and happiness then so be it.

Don't some people say death is the ultimate experience? Death is experience too.

At this stage in my life I just want to leave something behind before I die. I'm not sure what I will leave behind, but I want it to be more than bad memories or regrets that I leave others with. For me, that's my purpose, in addition to experiencing what I am afforded to.

Checkout this (note that I am not trying to be offensive with this):

edit on 24-8-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Just stop it. This is a NICE thread and everyone has a right to their opinion.
That's all we have with this subject ... opinion. So ... stop with the name calling.

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
There is a purpose to the experience. It has been explained.

No it hasn't. Your opinion as to the purpose has been given. But it's just opinion.
You have no proof that it is fact. No one here has any proof ... only opinion.
And that is what was asked for ... opinion ... so that others can give consideration to them.
Everyones opinion is welcome and is just as valid as anyone elses'.

Originally posted by jonnywhite
The nearest I can come to purpose is to conclude that life is experience. Take it or leave it. Our purpose then is to breath and continue on for as long as we can bare it or accept it.

YIKES ... but okay.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Maybe we are holographs of our higher selves......But what is the purpose? I think it is about spiritual evolution and raising our frequencies.......We are all atoms and I believe quantum mechanics plays a part in it.....But the reason for it...ahhh yes, I know.....It is to learn to LOVE.....

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
.But the reason for it...ahhh yes, I know.....It is to learn to LOVE.....

You think it is necessary to be in organic bodies to be able for our spirits to learn to love?
Okay. Maybe. There has to be hardship and suffering in some people in order for the others
to manifest love and compassion. I guess that could be true ....

Thanks for the response. Something to think about.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Ugh... I ask myself the same bloody question each single day.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
We actually have one of the best immune systems around....

Oh hon ... considering the number of people on this planet with autoimmune diseases ...
I'm going to have to disagree with you on that. Seriously ... autoimmune sucks ... and it's
not because I didn't eat right or whatever. It's part of being a spiritual being stuck in an
organic body. The organic body feels wrong as a covering for my spiritual being ....

I have one of the autoimmune diseases. If you do not give the body something to fight, it starts to fight you.....That is what my father told me long ago in the sixties, it makes perfect sense when you start to research it. If you do not use up the chemicals of the immune system they start to destroy your body, if they get to strong, then the release can kill you. I eat carrots right from the garden, wiping them off on my shirt yet I can't eat a store carrot without peeling it because it is treated with antioxidents which suppress and build the immune system, something that is not good when you have autoimmune diseases. We make good farmers and construction workers where our immune system is constantly taxed.

I have a lot of time studying this because it applies to my family health history. I spend most of my time studying things that apply to my family, why would I worry about other people. I only notice that other people have the same problems as I do and it may apply to them.

Humanoids have been on this planet for a long time, if our bodies were inferior than we would have disappeared in a few generations. I'm sure there are some runts of the litter that have survived and created a few weakened individuals that have limited defenses, but the people with autoimmune are not defective as they would have us believe, it is that we are in an environment that has not enough to fight. If these immune system chemical stores get too large in our body, they tear us apart. We used to be the ones who never ever needed a doctor, now they changed things and we are always at the doctors. I can't even get a flu shot, my body reacts against it with atom bombs. Just because I can't take their medicines does not make me damaged goods.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by swanne

Ugh... I ask myself the same bloody question each single day.

especially when you are sick with a head cold, or the flu, or are in pain, right? Yep. It's especially puzzling when there seems to be so much unnecessary illness and suffering going on. All because of the organic human body. So if there is a creator, then He purposely put us spiritual beings in a frail organic body that he knows will get sick and have all sorts of physical problems. It's hard to wrap your head around sometimes ....

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I'm going to have to talk to you more via U2U about autoimmune diseases. What you are saying sounds interesting. Autoimmune .. the body trying to kill itself ... it's just so strange .. and yet so many of us have it.

We'll chat more via U2U soon!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Maybe the body is a prison, made to restrict the awareness of our spiritual selves. Or maybe, physical bodies are how the all-conscience experiences existence. Maybe when we die, we return to the supreme intelligence and deposit whatever knowledge and experiences we acquired in life. Then we are born again to learn new information. This way the ultimate intelligence is always learning. There are many possibilities.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

There are people who claim that we are nothing more than an experiment. To see if this "creation" called human beings can co-exist with the nature that sustains us.

The jury is still out on whether this "experiment" actually exists, or if it is working.

www.tamaradean.com.au...

Warning: Slight nudity.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Hi Flyer,

What I'm getting out of your OP is the question of: Do we have a higher purpose?

How can there be a higher purpose when we humans are so limited in what we can do? What is the purpose of our existence? Is it to, what?, learn how to get along? To care about others? To spend a lifetime trying to figure out if there's a god or not?

Any and all questions we can ask ourselves on this topic, our 'spirits' should already know these things. So, why bother slipping into human form?

If we are part of some universal consciousness, then that consciousness must not know a hell of a lot if it needs us to learn things for it.

No, we are not spirits. We don't have souls. There is no reason for us to exist. No lessons to learn for that great hereafter. This is it.

Have a good day.
edit on 8/24/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

What I'm getting out of your OP is the question of: Do we have a higher purpose?

That's a different question entirely, Jigger. The question is: "what is the purpose of us being in a human body?"

Oh, and this:

There is no reason for us to exist.

Is a bunch of crap. Just because you are wasting your time, doesn't mean we don't mean anything.
edit on 24-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
We are simply a product of our environment. A million chemical reactions occurring simultaneously.

Our bodies serve the purpose of living because it can. The environment allows it.
Only on Earth is this a possibility due to the chain reactions in the past up to this point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join