It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - what is the purpose of us being in a human body?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The answer is simple and people do know despite what the OP says.

You are here to have experiences that lead to and understanding of yourself.

The problem lies in the fact that those who seek to control develop one that suits their system of control. You are here to please god, or fix your karma and so on.

Ask yourself this question: If life here on Earth was balanced, harmonious, transparent would you ask the same question with the same tone?

The reason people are hung up on there being some giant answer for this question is they find the suffering here intolerable, they hope that it has some greater purpose then suffering for suffering sake - like, "gee if we all suffer for 5000 years really good god will then let us go." This is what it is here, and you are free to go other places where it isn't like this, in fact, 150,000 did that just today alone.

You are here to experience the expression that is Earth, and one day soon, you'll be off to experience another expression, maybe one called platock, where there is no time and space, no food, no sun, just world where everyone expresses themselves like a jackson pollack painting.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
We actually have one of the best immune systems around.....as long as we eat foods that we evolved to. Our minds are capable of automatically knowing what to eat and we crave the antidote subconsciously so we eat it. The problem is we need to taste a lot of different foods when we are young so we can know where the antidotes lie. We learn all this before the primordial section of the brain is set, before nine years old. After that, we have to consciously know it. Our conscious mind can override this though, if we are told something is bad and believe it, we will not eat it. There are complications to this though, the foods are changing, we seem to modify everything and the spices and herbs, half are good for us while the other half are bad for us. Where we are to the evolution of the food is a personal genetic matter. If we ate the right things, we could live for a very long time and rarely get sick. I am allergic to the protein in milk. I was always told that milk is good for everybody, and deep in my mind I believe this to this day because the conditioning is so strong in me. The fact is I felt like I was damaged, when in reality, those who aren't allergic to milk are actually the damaged ones, I can't drink milk on a regular basis, but I can use it as a powerful medicine, my allergy to it is really good, the ones who are not allergic to it have a weakened immune system. Not all of what we were conditioned to believe is good is really good.

We are here to learn, there would be no way that we could believe that such a screwed up reality can exist without being here. I hope I graduate this world someday, I don't want to be sent here for another time, having all my knowledge erased and having to go through this again.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Short and simple, learn how to live, care and be thankful for a miraculous gift and learn the mysteries of the universe somewhat from it. Our bodies are miraculous, we only use a the briefest touch of our brain. It restores. Amazing.

That and we have a spiritual self which combines thought and learning, it must somehow. These are along my thoughts on the subject.
edit on 24-8-2013 by KristofLaw because: Added a couple words and retouched a sentence.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I used to attend meetings with a spiritual teacher, he's quite enlightened (imo) in terms of knowing who he really is (not the body, not the mind, etc) and guides others to this realization, following Ramana's teachings.

I once asked him this question as it appealed to me too, and he said that having a body is the way that you may know yourself. While you inhibit a human conscious-of-itself form, you may realize that you are actually not the body, but the experiencer or the observer of objects including the body. So basically it's like consciousness realizing it is actually consciousness and not a separated entity we all believe each of us are.

I still don't know what to make of this, I used to think we are here merely for having experiences and nothing else matters but now i'm really clueless and lost about it. But anyway, that's another viewpoint to look from so I've decided to share it. Take it as you wish please.

edit on 24-8-2013 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

There is nothing that shows that we are "something in a body". So I think your first presupposition is misleading. Therefor there is no purpose to "us being in a body", since we are not in a body.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
My take is that Pure Consciousness is limitless. It has no boundaries and is a "world" of unlimited thought and concepts. It is of the absolute highest vibration. It is "no thing", but It knows all things.

In order to experience Its thoughts and implement Its concepts, Pure Consciousness had to lower and vary part of Itself....thus, reducing that part's vibration. That is when Light and physical creation was born with all its various vibrations resulting in movement, time, dimensions, color, sound, smells, tastes, textures, etc. etc.---the physical realm.

Now, in order for the Creator to experience Its physical Creation, Its own image on the physical plane had to be made. It would need its own consciousness (free will) with an ability to connect to the Creator's consciousness on some level. Afterall, Pure Consciousness is where all knowledge lies.

Voila! Man.....made in the Creator's image, only limited by the experiences and knowledge he/she acquires during its lifetime and his/her ability to align its personal free will with the Creator's Divine Will.

When we die, our experiences, intellect, wisdom, etc. is uploaded to some Greater Consciousness, and we either do it again, or....not. That part, I'm not sure of.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

There is nothing that shows that we are "something in a body". So I think your first presupposition is misleading. Therefor there is no purpose to "us being in a body", since we are not in a body.

I would disagree. As a fact, scientists have not yet isolated the precise nature nor location of the consciousness.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I would disagree. As a fact, scientists have not yet isolated the precise nature nor location of the consciousness.

It is also a fact that they have not properly defined what consciousness is. How can they isolate something when they don't know what it is? Draw a circle around the human body, and you have isolated something. If one isolates something within the body, then it is a part of the human body. So are we the human body or a part of the human body?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

It is also a fact that they have not properly defined what consciousness is. How can they isolate something when they don't know what it is? Draw a circle around the human body, and you have isolated something. If one isolates something within the body, then it is a part of the human body. So are we the human body or a part of the human body?

It is an interesting question, isn't it? As such, you cannot say:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

As such, you cannot say:

How so?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by ObservingYou

Oh excellent. Fun answer. Deep!
You are in an organic body because you were born into one.
WHY were you born in an organic body and not in an etherial one?
Is there a reason .. a greater purpose .. or was it just random that you jumped into an organic one?

Your thoughts??

Well, according to sources that i personally invest in..
We are here for the purpose of experiencing physical manifest - no more no less, just as we will/have been experienced in the astral and etheric

Nice subject OP.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

If you cannot say what it is, you cannot say what it is not.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

ATS - what is the purpose of us being in a human body?

In terms of western thought and philosophy, it's purpose is to be the vehicle for our return to The One (Plotinus). Everything about being in a body is the praxis for our spiritual lives. It's your 'ticket to ride'

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Notice how when a child is born, and is given everything that he wants, and everything he demands, and is patronized is entire life, he, by nature of the ease surrounding his life, becomes spoiled. When a child becomes spoiled, it means that they believe they are more important than everyone else around them; they consider themselves above even those that gave life to them.

Now when a child is raised with discipline, and is allowed to endure the hardships, not only which he creates for himself, but also the hardships that others have created for him, then he learns wisdom, and learns empathy, and learns to love, and to give, and to be quiet and pay attention, and to have reverence for those that came before him because of their suffering by default, and to have respect for all life, knowing their pain.

Not speaking concerning abilities, the reason you have your mortal body is because you must endure the suffering in order to understand. Once you understand, you no longer need to endure the suffering. But people will want to cause you suffering because you understand, which makes them jealous. They convince themselves that you do not understand and that you are a fool. So they want you to suffer even more for the wisdom that you have.

But then we suffer so that we show our resolve, and also further prove our love for everyone, even those that hurt us. And if we were born impervious to damage, how can we than prove our endurance?

And for those that see the resolve and the endurance, and especially the love, even for the very enemies which torture them, eventually, when those same enemies suffer themselves their own hardships or what someone else puts on them, then they will become in the shoes of those whom they tortured. And they will remember the love and strength which you had. And they will desire to be that. And they will desire how to receive that.

If it wasn't for the pain and suffering, which is horrible, but it must exist for this purpose, then there would be no learning this: Love is greater than the desire for power and authority.

For it exists beforehand, but how can it be proven when there is a spirit that begins to lie, and calls all truth a lie? The accuser must be addressed. Only a perfect answer can shut the energetic and arrogant lips of the most manipulative accuser. So then we, for the sake of everyone, agree to entertain the answer, and to be a part of it, that all things will become perfect for everyone. For if we seek only our own perfection, we fail, because that is the desire for power and authority. As well, when we seek only our own perfection, we are saying, "You are not as important as me." Though nature itself, as base as it is, proves this a lie; for if one was more important than the other, then why do both exist? For in existence, something either is or is not.

If it is not, then it is not important. If it is, then it is important.

Many words for many different angles. But everyone should be able to understand it simply enough.

If it is exists, it is important. If it does not exist, it is not important.

Therefore, lies cause that which is unimportant to be important, and that which is important to be unimportant.

And that is why there is confusion, and why we have such a hard time understanding purpose. Confusion. That's simple, right?

You know, it's a feeling inside of you that takes less than a nanosecond to process; but when considering relaying that information to an audience, it seems like so much more.
edit on 8/24/2013 by TarzanBeta because: minus "s"

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

What consciousness is? I can list off many things it isn't – a volleyball for instance. But we can infer that consciousness, if there is such a thing, is a function of the human body, as we know brain damage, death, narcotics, disease and other malfunctions or contortions can alter consciousness. So what, in the end, do these maladies and injuries alter? Consciousness? Or the human body? Perhaps they are one and the same.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Has it ever occurred to you that the human brain might be comparable to a radio? And the mind is a program to which that brain is specifically tuned?
edit on 24-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Has it ever occurred to you that the human brain might be comparable to a radio? And the mind is a program to which that brain is specifically tuned?

It has never occurred to me. Radios require radio signals and radio waves. I don't think the mind has any of those properties.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

It has never occurred to me. Radios require radio signals and radio waves. I don't think the mind has any of those properties.

Something to keep in mind as research progresses and more possibilities come to light.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
I can say that in my personal opinion I will never ever return to this thing we cal earth, it was interesting, but it feels like I have live a thousand lives and I am over it.

Oh man ... I SO HEAR YOU! I'm done. I want no more of this. Enough is enough!

I just started a thread you might like -
The Seven Planes of Existence for Out of Body Souls
edit on 8/24/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

edit on 24-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

That has occurred to me anyway. Multiple times.

I have always thought of the nervous system as a receiver, a conduit, a transmitter. Definitely.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join