It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - what is the purpose of us being in a human body?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
That's what I'd like to know your opinion on .... If there is a higher being that has created humanity, why do you think He decided to stick our spiritual essence into these fallible and sickly organic bodies that are so very limited and that suffer and die? Was He being cruel? and uncaring? Was He thinking we would grow spiritually from the experience? Or are just what we are for no reason ... there is no 'what purpose' to answer?

"He"?

how bout "us" as a communal collective decided to admit ourself(ves) to absolute amnesia for the experience of becoming Godly again...

can't "be" god unless you know what it's like to "not" be god...

fraction yourselves into billions of mortal animal bodies... slip in a secret of how to ascend to the higher body planted WITHIN the coding of the mortal body..... and see what happens...

i think you're on the right track...
although i dont think there's a "he" that is malevolently watching us toil and suffer for his own sadistic pleasure...
i think that's a cop out...a semi- conclusion that people get to and stick with thinking it's clever ...

HOWEVER... there is thought of a benevolent Architect that created a Demiurge.. a malevolent (from our perspective_) diety who is in charge of this universe... watching us.. challenging us... (in order for us to be able to grow as beings)

the secret is very cleverly hidden in most western religions...
blatantly displayed in Eastern traditions...

it's sexual alchemy... raising the kundalini...
to push forward the next level triple helix based dna body to develop.

mortal bodies are indeed a testing ground.... methinks.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

OP, I haven't an answer, but I can say that once when I was working with my inner guide (angelic), I was focusing on the general idea of personal 'evolution' and realized (with IG's help) that the real purpose of my life is loving interaction.

Everything else possible was secondary. And 'evolution' was definitely secondary.

I even had the overlay of sex when I understood it: that it's like during sex, the real point is the quality of the interaction; the happy ending and just how happy it might be depends on the interaction. So the "lust for result" as Crowley put it -- which is humorously apt in this analogy -- is inappropriate.

For whatever it's worth. That was the insight. Sounds good on paper but the degree to which I have that in my life varies quite a bit I admit!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
For me, to learn love and care for others. That's why we have families, children, parents, grand-parents.

What if we reproduced just like fish or plants - just send out our offspring and leave it up to fate whether they lived or died. Sentient beings like ourselves wouldn't be able to handle that thought of leaving their offspring like that.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

I'm in complete agreement with your thoughts on love Stormcell.

If you were to explore current quantum thinking on "Entanglement," it might open your mind to the roots of sentience in all matter.

Then you might forbear to underestimate the animals.
Here's poem for you....

(Poem #168) A Dead Mole

Strong-shouldered mole,
That so much lived below the ground,
Dug, fought and loved, hunted and fed,
For you to raise a mound
Was as for us to make a hole;
What wonder now that being dead
Your body lies here stout and square
Buried within the blue vault of the air?
-- Andrew Young

mistersmith.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I seriously doubt any of us are here to learn a valuable lesson or to better understand ourselves. Look at the resources, power, eternalness we are supposed to have before we come to inhabit a body. That being, most likely already knows it all and coming to Earth to learn a lesson sounds like a step backwards.

So why the body? Why get stuck in a fleshbag and lose most if not all of your previous experiences & abilities?

I believe we are playing a game and the body is used as a tool to limit our own power over how the game is played.

Have you ever played a game where you can cheat, turn on god mode and do anything you want? You lose interest, it is no longer a challenge, the entertainment value is gone. If souls are eternal, have access to the akashic records, and are powerful, running around on this blue orb would be extremely boring and unfulfilling.

Instead, let's make it interesting, create some fun factor, design a story, set up limitations and see how the main participant plays it out. Maybe you have some friends that decide to join in the fun and play supporting roles under the same circumstances. Let's call it D&D for the gods, roll the dice and lose yourself in the game.

Are you not entertained, I know I am!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."- Einstein

Such questions have been asked since the dawn of civilization. 500- 5000 years ago, a lot of religions where based on cruel ever punishing god, as to possibly mimic their view or perception of reality. Although I don't think our ancestors were stupid, or lacked common sense in their ways, but I do think of them cruel at times.

I personally don't believe in the creator God, even though at times, the universe seems to have a mind of its own. You get hear talks of the hologram universe a lot these days, and some will say our Earth is nothing but a prison for our kind, or that the whole universe is a giant video game made by powerful god like entities.

It is amazing however, how the universe seems like it could be designed. Like our Earth for example, we are at the perfect distance from the sun, where it is not too hot, or not too cold and life has existed for at least a billion years, and yet it is still here, existing. And we have a bunch of asteroids surrounding us, but we have a gas giant, Jupiter, which in fact pulls them in, and lets the asteroids crash to it surface.

But yet, it was all coincidental.

I do believe in the spirit, and am more curious about the science behind it, even though that a joke in its own. If you asked a scientist what the science behind a soul, they probably laugh their a$$ off. However, maybe in some weird distant future, they'd be like sh*t, why the hell not?

edit on 19-9-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I've noticed that in this world at least, (the world I'm presumably
most familiar with), that all of life is either a predator, is prey,
or is in a symbiotic relationship with a predator or prey.

It is my observation that the human animal is part of this dynamic,
which humanity calls "spirituality".

It is also my observation that 'human spirituality' is similar to a WW2
Cargo Cult phenomenon.

Frankly, the universe to give one name to it, doesn't give crapola
about our 'bliss' or 'enlightenment'. We are part of a greater
lifecycle; only we don't quite understand our part in it yet.

All the philosophies and mystical systems have made big
promises over the years.. and I'm very dubious that any of
them have delivered the goods to any degree. Oh sure,
there have been a few prodigies.. but they could have
done a mcGyver with an assortment of odds and ends.

Most mystical systems I've seen are about escaping this
'hell world' (which we have created, and then wish to
blame upon shadowy evils).

My observation is that a genuine 'spiritual' fabric does
exist.. and it is in fact indistinguishable from the
physical fabric. It's all the same stuff.

If there is any place that matters, it's not in some
heaven or 'pure land' of the spirit. This world is what
matters, or presumably we wouldn't be here. It is in
fact our denial of the basics of reality, which craps
up everything for all of us. We spend all our time
trying to escape it, with our bloated imaginations,
with our desires for 'ascension'.

Now it is my contention that 'more' exists.. that in
fact I'm aware of it to some degree... both via
'sight' and other senses.. and via my rational mind
as well. But for myself at least, my struggle has
always been, to have my feet firmly on the ground
while my head is in the clouds.. both at the same
time. If 'my spirituality' can't be useful in the real
world, then its just mental masturbation.

KPB

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

There is no god There never was.Humans create gods or god.Open your mind more read more about aliens.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

The probable answer would fit inside a Dummy's Guide to God and the Universe. Why don't I have a go . Here goes:

1)God the creator is in a state of nothingness. Has not got clue what it is.

2)So decides to find out . Therefore steps out of himself (sorry ladies . Just want to conjure up a picture of and old bearded man). God steps out of himself in order to have a good look at himself.

3)Well that is not working . Is it ? If there is only one of him looking at himself, it is bound to be a biased view. Therefore he multiplies himself into and large amount of divine sparks which are really MINI-MEs. That way he can have multiple experience.

4)Those mini-me go out to seek experience, carefully selecting human circumstances that will give good experience. Each mini-me ( a spritual soul) knows it is eternal and is not worried about harsh human-body experience.

5)Experience is gathered and brought back home. No need to die yet since we retain the connection with the source at all time. A bit like internet monitoring and big brother watching.

6)Sparks die out by going back to source and re-emerging again

7)At the end of a long cycle, God is a bit more informed about himself. But here comes the crunch. Who created him ? It now dawns on him that there is something above. Turns out God himself is a divine spark of a bigger God.

edit on 5-11-2013 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I am of the believe that is many words and many souls and that we travel thru life experiencing different bodies at different times for our souls to learn. The human body is just a learning experience for the soul.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

No one knows ... so there are no right or wrong answers. Based on your thoughts and experiences and learning .. what is the purpose of us (our real selves .. our spiritual consciousness) being stuck in these human bodies?
Being stuck in these human bodies? Your free to leave any time you wish, for starters.

This isnt going to be real hard for those with a active imagination, oh I can hear it now. Yes, such as mine

Imagine just "Being", without the body, only a intelligence with no where to go, and nothing to be. Imagine you have nothing but love and compassion for all things, no negativity within you, at all.

Pain, suffering, going without, hate, dis-pare, envy, greed, hopelessness, fear, are not within you, and you have no concept of the meanings of these emotions.

How can you ever expect to understand these emotions, unless you experience them.

Welcome to reality

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Sorry I mean many worlds, yes the only way to learn from the human experience is to live in a human body, perhaps being human is the most challenging goal of any soul.

Our bodies and brain are so hard to control due to all the emotions that we can feel that it have to be the most challenging experience of all.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Was He thinking we would grow spiritually from the experience?

I read an article about scientists getting approval to take 10 people who were dying and weigh them, then weigh them again after death. Link to just one site about this experiment. There are several sites on this experiment.

Every person lost 21 grams, was it their soul leaving their body. Maybe people didn't start off as a physical body, maybe we were just a floating soul, until something happened that upset God and as punishment and to help us learn a important lesson we are now physical bodies.

Well that is my two cents worth. And if someone else has already said this on this thread then please forgive me I like to answer as I am reading threads, instead of going back and trying to find the post I wanted to answer to.

Stari

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join