It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New low for the Tea Party

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

All of these big bad social programs were born of sincere need.

I say born out of wants people want more fiat currency, they want corporate products to fill an empty void in their souls, and is a sad statement of people determining their self worth by how much fiat currency government throws at them.

I sometimes find myself amazed at the rhetoric wondering if folks have taken the time to actually research poverty in the twentieth century or the labor riots and strikes that led to unions and laws limiting corporate power and monopoly.

And vilifying the very thing that gives them jobs and wealth to buy those corporate products that is some cognitive dissonance going on there.

In one regard, sadly, it appears that the right also has adherents who reject history.

Rejecting history ?

Like since the war on poverty began there are now more people broke, more dependent than ever before in this nations history.

With that kind of big government help who needs enemies right?
edit on 11-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Actually, a quick perusal of Google turns up nothing to link this
self proclaimed "Atemis" to the Tea Party. So where is the link
between the Tea Party and this letter then?

Oh, ETA I see the the OP has not responded to any of the previous
questions so far about the accuracy of the title.

edit on 11-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The City of Portland website suggests that it is a real phenomenon and that multiple people have received the flyer.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

The best social program/help/anti poverty solution is, and always has been a job.

Yes.

But there are those who cant work, or provide for themselves. That is the truth. Not those who are abusing the system, but those truly who are in need. Living on the streets gives you a perspective you cant get on the news or in a book. We have lumped all of them into this cesspool of do nothings.

There are a lot of folks in dark places Neo. Its the truth. We cant sweep those people under the rug, and tell them to get a shave and haircut and look for a job...

That cant be the only answer.....not for this Country.

Originally posted by neo96
Did government get you out of that ?

Who did Sonny?

You right ?

The only person you can count on who won't screw you over to get a vote right?

Absolutely, it was me.

But.... If I had a disability that prevented me from getting out of it, the situation would have been different.

That is the truth.

This Country is the Greatest on this Earth, contrary to what people may believe. We have traveled to the moon and back, have had great leaps in technology. I'm just sad that we cant come to a viable solution other then Revolution. MHO

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

In one regard, sadly, it appears that the right also has adherents who reject history.

False.

You see, it is you guys who reject history. Specifically the history of the Roman Empire who went down this same path.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Yes, I see that. Thanks Heff, however the City of Portland says nothing about
the Tea Party, and if you look on Google, hits come up for some weirdo on
Craigslist in Portland for this "Artemis of the wildland".

Just for the record, whoever has done this should be prosecuted
to the full extent of the law.

I sincerely doubt any Tea Party member would do this, I have met
a lot of these people in my area, though I am not a member.
They are mostly older people, with great respect for the country and fellow man
Still not seeing the connection.
edit on 11-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

This Country has the means to provide its people the help it needs.

It most certainly does not. We are currently looking at 90 trillion dollars in unfunded liabilities!!!

There isn't enough money on planet Earth to "provide" for those "needs".

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I never questioned if they were real.

You know perhaps Obama is doing this. Those free loaders are giving him a bad name you know... Yeah maybe him and his Marxist buddies. Maybe one of us should make a new thread.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
If in fact any Tea Party group was involved with this,

Doesn't anybody realize that the Left Wing media would have this story preempting everything up to and including the end of the world ?

The fact that the incidents are happening is not evidence of who done it.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

False.

You see, it is you guys who reject history. Specifically the history of the Roman Empire who went down this same path.

What exact path would that be? You'll likely cherry pick and cite "bread and circuses". I'll counter with "the hoarding of individual wealth" and "building Empire and military and political over extension".

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

The more you manage to blame on Obama, the more I start to think that maybe the Kool Aid supporters are right and that he might actually have super human powers.

To believe what I read, he has got to be the busiest person in the history of the world.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Tardacus

Just curious... why would anyone go to all the trouble of Photoshopping something they could just print out and crumble up with far less effort?

I couldn't even stop laughing long enough to think what to say...

ETA: On topic. I see no proof that there's a member of a Tea Party group responsible for this, but I get the OP's point. There is definitely a none too small faction of Americans that I can see being okay with posting flyers like that.
edit on 11-8-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

False.

What exact path would that be? You'll likely cherry pick and cite "bread and circuses". I'll counter with "the hoarding of individual wealth" and "building Empire and military and political over extension".

Overtaxing the rich to provide freebies to the poor.

Who mysteriously grew exponentially when they realized the Senate was a better "boss" than the ones they currently had.

And BTW, providing funding for the military is just about the only constitutional thing this country does.

edit on 11-8-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

We Already Grow Enough Food For 10 Billion People -- and Still Can't End Hunger

Like I said, we do have the means, but at what costs?

Our Country is broken, and short of Revolution, it wont get better. It will get worse. ANYONE not seeing this is blind.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

The Path of Cicero sounds good to me:

Cicero found himself frequently confounded by Antonius. Antonius heartily agreed with him that the budget should be balanced, that the Treasury should be refilled, that public debt should be reduced, that the arrogance of the generals should be tempered and controlled, that assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt, that the mobs should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence, and that prudence and frugality should be put into practice as soon as possible.

But when Cicero produced facts and figures how all these things must and should be accomplished by austerity and discipline and commonsense, Antonius became troubled

quoteinvestigator.com...

When a civil right invades a domain of the rights of all the people, then it becomes a special right of a special class. Cicero again, 58 B.C.

That sure does sound like the Welfare Industrial Complex.

In any case we are Rome,

We are in decline,

And the barbarians are at the gates,

and self reliance has become a dead 'language'.

All Hail Caesar !

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Rome fell roughly 525 years after those quotes. I'm guessing that Cicero's fears were a bit hyperbolic and rhetorical.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

We Already Grow Enough Food For 10 Billion People -- and Still Can't End Hunger

Like I said, we do have the means, but at what costs?

Our Country is broken, and short of Revolution, it wont get better. It will get worse. ANYONE not seeing this is blind.

Oh, I thought when you meant provide for those needs you meant with the current structure.

And there is one other way to restore the Republic and Federalism short of an armed revolution. Mark Levin has a new book dropping on 8/13 that shows the blueprint. Article 5 amendments proposed by the states. The government will never reform itself and so it must be done from the state level.

If that doesn't work, then yes, millions will die in revolution.
edit on 11-8-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Rome fell roughly 525 years after those quotes. I'm guessing that Cicero's fears were a bit hyperbolic and rhetorical.

I think Roman 'liberals' of the time just called him a Tea Partier and sent out letters publishing who was on disability to marginalize him so they would not listen to what he was saying.

The Romans did so like to party like there is no tomorrow, and they were not going to let common sense or reason interfere with that..

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I see this as another political ploy, tugging at the emotional heartstrings. How dare we deny sustenance to those who cannot do so for themselves?

The thing is, it is starting to backfire. SNAP, Welfare and Disability compensation have ballooned under this Administration. There is no denying that.

The emotions are starting to work both ways in my opinion. People are starting to wake up to the fiscal mess that the U.S. is in. And they are looking for the easy solution, like they always do.

Cut defense.

Cut Welfare.

Cut MedicAid/MediCare. Etc, etc.

Truth is, we need cuts across the board. And if you are receiving a hand-up from the Government, just be aware that you will be visited from time to time just to make sure that the money is not be fraudulated.

That is the quick, yet painful, easy fix.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I would hate to shamelessly plug my own thread but it seems this one has devolved into exactly what I was getting at there. Devolve isn't the best word I suppose, given the premise from the OP was that this was a Tea Party "hit" and regardless if there was any evidence or even remote question to it -- they still perpetuated it.

Last I checked, I thought pushing knowingly false information on this site was a violation of the T&Cs. Some could say the speculation is there and we all make speculations, but this is showing and highlighting how some can think and apply critical thought to the information and others will just descend into their respective fox-holes, holding to their guns, thinking they are fighting for what is right.

Who am I speaking of? Those who responded to the title and took the OPs post, with as little as information as it has, and called it truth. Deny ignorance? Nah, just draw the line and hold it at all costs!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join