It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New low for the Tea Party

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You equate feeding the hungry with "extreme concepts", "freakin Nihilism" and "Mad Max anarchy"? Seriously?

Did I say that?

No.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

""New low for the Tea Party""

You got the title all wrong there.

it should read;

"Liberal Left Wing group Targets Disabled People and Blames the Tea Party"

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Would everyone please stop using logic and reason.

This is a hit-thread on the Tea Party. There is NO evidence that supports the allegations that it is the Tea Party, but please don't let that stop the vitriol and hatred oozing off the cyber-pages of this thread.

Bumping for REALITY.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

How is need a false dilemma? You do realize that disability means disabled - as in "not able". What gets me angry is how often disability is categorically looked at, by some, as a choice of some sort.

Family and private charity are both great things... except when they're not. In my own life journey I've found that private charity is woefully overburdened - often having waiting periods of months or years just to get an interview. As for family? If the disabled person has close relatives who are willing to help, they are fortunate. Many have no close relatives or have close relatives who are too selfish to care.

Speaking from person experience... When I first got sick, my brother in law, who claims to be very conservative, sat me down on my birthday to tell me that suicide is the noble answer for the ill, as suicide is the most humane thing a sick person can do for the benefit of their able bodied loved ones. In fact he insisted that my continued life was a direct insult to everyone I ever cared about, my children, and my community.

Though a few years later he tried to spin his statement and suggested he was just seeking to "light a fire under my ass" - the message was heard loud and clear. A message that put my proverbial horse into this race... and is largely why I started referring to myself as a liberal. The sad part is that when he said these things to me they were fairly uncommon and outrageous. As time passes more and more people seem comfortable with publicly stating such views.

It saddens me that we currently live in a society that seeks to openly embrace eugenics.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Did I say that?

No.

Thus the question mark in my post. I was asking for clarification - as that is how it read to me.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

IT is a false dilemma when people tell me when they can't make in this world with out government 'benevolence'.

Straight up fact the government was not created to provide fiat currency and corporate products to the citizens of this country.

IT WAS NOT CREATED for that.

I do not agree,nor will I ever agree with anyone telling me that is what government is suppose to do.
edit on 11-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

This is for you Heff. This thread should be in the hoax bin unless this person can show even an inkling of truth. A news article with proof. A witness seeing Palin slipping the notes in place. A video.. Anything besides a crumpled note.
edit on 11-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I cannot moderate any threads I participate in... so those thoughts would be better suited to a complaint.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Did I say that?

No.

Thus the question mark in my post. I was asking for clarification - as that is how it read to me.

No, Leftists make a failed argument that if we don't support central government then we are pro Nihilism. An example would be that if we want reform for the SNAP program that we "want poor people to starve".

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You have to understand this.

There are EXTREME Liberals, and EXTREME Conservatives.

Then?

The rest of us.

Social programs are great, as long as they are not abused. That's been the biggest problem so far. The Abuse and the Waste.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Any new party that grows and becomes a danger to the status of the two party system we have now will be demonized

The Tea party is demonized because it's full of rejects.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Social programs are great,

No

They

Aren't.

There are a myriad of reasons why they aren't fraud and abuse is only the tip of the iceberg.

Manipulation by the body politic holding them over people's heads for power and control.

It is a road that must not be traveled.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Actually its filled with individuals who are fed up with the Status Quo...........

Its a Label.

All of them know that this current Government is broken. Its filled with ex and current D's and R's, Independents, etc..........Least the ones I know.

Just think.... Is it the rejects that are giving Congress the all time low in the polls? If so, then there's a lot of them......

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I don't think they are great. These entitlements now have the nation 90 trillion in the red in unfunded liabilities. I'm against redistribution of wealth via a progressive tax. There was a world that existed prior to the New Deal.

Do you know that in the darkest times of our nation the poor needing assistance rose 15-18%? And during this administration it has doubled to 100% increase?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Any new party that grows and becomes a danger to the status of the two party system we have now will be demonized

True!

We "reject" big government.
We "reject" the imposition of our freedoms.
We "reject" the concept that government is the solution to all of societies problems.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I understand where you are coming from, trust me.

But....

This Country has the means to provide its people the help it needs. If there is an opt out on these social programs, I am all for it. Just dont come asking when you are need. Better hope Family, Friends, and strangers are willing to give you a hand. That's the Truth Neo. I lived in my car for months, with no help, so I would know.

And yes....I believe by design, that MANY social programs were hijacked or made with an Agenda in the making. There has to be a fine line for it all. Too bad we cant come to one.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

True!

We "reject" big government.
We "reject" the imposition of our freedoms.
We "reject" the concept that government is the solution to all of societies problems.

In one regard, sadly, it appears that the right also has adherents who reject history. All of these big bad social programs were born of sincere need. I sometimes find myself amazed at the rhetoric wondering if folks have taken the time to actually research poverty in the twentieth century or the labor riots and strikes that led to unions and laws limiting corporate power and monopoly.

While there is a lot of room for reform in social services - the need is real and for the benefit of all.

Even Jefferson saw the need:

And the said Aldermen shall meet together, at the court-house of their county, at some time between the second Tuesday in July and the first day of August in every year, and by taxation of the persons and property, in their county, according to the mode of assessment prescribed by the law which shall be then in force, for raising money for the public exigencies, shall raise competent sums of money for the necessary relief of such poor, lame, impotent, blind, and other inhabitants of the county as are not able to maintain themselves. And also for the putting out the poor children apprentices, as well as for defraying the expences of putting so much of this act in execution as relates to setting the poor to work and keeping them so employed; they shall collect appropriate taxes.

Source

edit on 8/11/13 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

This Country has the means to provide its people the help it needs.

We don't have the means

The best social program/help/anti poverty solution is, and always has been a job.

I lived in my car for months, with no help, so I would know.

Did government get you out of that ?

Who did Sonny?

You right ?

The only person you can count on who won't screw you over to get a vote right?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

The Patriot Act was also formed based on "need".

We can all see how THAT'S been going!

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

This could have been anyone who wanted to prank
the tea partiers. You know, astroturf ...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join