It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tells Schools Not To Discipline Black Students For Bad Behavior

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by Mizzijr

Whoops...most of the time, the parent is not involved in their education in the first place, eh?

Exactly.

The students are a product of their home environment. It takes a rare human being to overcome being born to worthless pieces of # or deadbeat fathers....no matter what color they are.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by kaylaluv

Do you really expect people to be that stupid to believe the left and right 'switched' sides ?

You are fulfilling my expectations quite nicely.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Still don't have anything of substance I see :

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Everything politically is going down the drain----world wide!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hey Neo!!

This is one of my FAVORITE videos by Bill Whittle!!

I try to explain this 'switching sides myth', but Bill does it superbly.

Same party, same policies.

Blacks were duped into voting Democratic, just as the KKK intended for them to do when blacks got the right to vote. Then, when large portions of blacks left the Republican Party and went to the Left, racist Dixiecrats said "Oh no- I won't be apart of a party with so many blacks."

So they retreated and went to the Right.

Then, when the Dixiecrats-turned- Republican saw that the Republican party stood for freedom and independence JUST AS THEY ALWAYS HAVE, they said, "Dang, I guess its back to the Dems we go."

They are your modern liberals.

Parties never switched.

Thanks for sharing that video!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Garkiniss

Sorry. There is no difference between the Democratic Party of yesterday and 'Progressive Liberals' of today.

Same party, same platform, same policies.

I suggest you read 'The Partisan Sort: How Liberals Became Democrats and Conservatives Became Republicans' by Matt Levendusky.

Here's some more from Allen Clifton:

Whenever the topic of racism gets brought up between Democrats and Republicans, there are two facts you’ll almost always hear conservatives use to counter the belief that their party is full of racism:
President Abraham Lincoln was a Republican
The KKK was largely organized, and populated by, Democrats.

And both are facts.

But when someone uses these two items as their defense that the Republican party isn’t loaded with racism, they’re only showing their ignorance about the reality of racism within their party.
It’s true, Southern Democrats were extremely racist. At the same time, Northern “liberal” Democrats and Republicans had already been working together to end discrimination and pushed for ending segregation.
See, in 1948, President Harry Truman made one of the boldest public moves by a Democrat towards Civil Rights for African Americans by creating the President’s Committee on Civil Rights, and ending discrimination in the military. At the Democratic National Convention in 1948 a call was made for civil rights—prompting at least 35 Southern delegates to walk out.

These movements towards civil rights for African Americans spurred a short-lived political party — the States Rights Democratic Party, also known as the “Dixiecrats.” The people who comprised this movement adamantly defended segregation of the races. It was an attempt to keep the “tyrannical Northern liberals” from “destroying the freedom of states’ rights in the South.”
Luckily, this political party only lasted one election. But what this movement really did was recognize the shift of Democrats embracing equality for African Americans and Southern whites strongly opposing any mention of civil rights.
The moves by President Truman sparked the spread of equality in the South and left Southern white Democrats with a feeling that their party was abandoning their racist — and oppressive — system of beliefs.
Over the next decade, more and more Democrats began to embrace equality, passing the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965. And while more African Americans began to vote for Democrats, in the late-1960′s a new Republican strategy was put into place—the “Southern strategy.”
This was a plan was that was first popularized by Richard Nixon.
What the “Southern strategy” essentially does is it identified the fact that African Americans were voting for Democrats, therefore Republicans decided they would make white voters more aware of this fact in hopes of driving the “white vote” towards the Republican party.
Doubt me? Let’s look at a comment from a 1970′s interview in the New York Times with Richard Nixon’s political strategist:

“From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don’t need any more than that…but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That’s where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.”

Essentially it was the Republican party saying, “Look, blacks are voting for Democrats so you white people need to vote for Republicans—the party that will represent whites and oppose the blacks.”

edit on 10-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

To comply, public schools would have to engage in a racial quota system of discipline. The executive order will create a new Federal bureaucracy to pressure school systems to comply with the president’s demands. The executive order makes no mention of any effort to get black students to improve behavior.

I read the Executive Order -- White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans and no where does it say that.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

OMG! Those kids that shoot up those kids in the school and theater were well off and came from 2 parent households. Are you serious! This is what racism and stereo typing is all about. A lot of serial killers had both parents in the home. Oh and I guess white collar crimes that cause millions of people to lose their jobs, life saving, homes and even commit suicide are not counted because they are rich right! Simple crap makes me puke! You are making no sense what so ever.
Why do people worship rich kids and feel they need less discipline. CRAZY!!! Children have their own soul’s journey. Not all people with a good background are good! Not all poor people from the “inner city” are bad.
Amazing how people are talk about single household but you have an objective that states more discipline and less structure. Make up your mind! Parents or prisoners.
Now before you reply and say something stupid I challenge you to Google Marrisa Alexander. Tell me disciplined is the same around the board! Point being is we cannot just hand kids off the judicial system without making proper attempts at giving them the help they need. We owe our kids that much! All of them... I know some people don’t see blacks as real people but they are! If you want to know what happend to the black community question your tax dollars paying the CIA! Now man up to them versus attacking people that were victimized by their own government that punished without remorse or responsibility; until now!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

This seems to be the sentence everyone is on their period about. First, let's classify this sentence. This is a sentence speaking of the present issues AA face hindering their educational success. This is apart of what they would call a 'thesis' that gives reason to even make this EO in the first place. It's not saying that this EO will prevent black from getting in trouble! The thesis goes on to say:

Nope, that's not the one. Try this one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's pretty clear the title of the OP is accurate.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staroth

To comply, public schools would have to engage in a racial quota system of discipline. The executive order will create a new Federal bureaucracy to pressure school systems to comply with the president’s demands. The executive order makes no mention of any effort to get black students to improve behavior.

I read the Executive Order -- White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans and no where does it say that.

Duhhh...because those are the authors words.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PicPerfect

Once again, in intellectual discourse, a person can never be referring to ALL of any group. Amongst intellectuals,this is already understood.

Statements are automatically generalized because no one can know ALL of any group.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Do you know how to read between the lines (or sift through the BS)?? Apparently not.

It's kind of like when we were told we'd have affordable healthcare.

edit on 10-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garkiniss

Sorry. There is no difference between the Democratic Party of yesterday and 'Progressive Liberals' of today.

I suggest you read 'The Partisan Sort: How Liberals Became Democrats and Conservatives Became Republicans' by Matt Levendusky.

I take it you have read such book.......Share with us how the parties magically switched.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Mizzijr

This is response to the video of the white student 'telling the teacher off'.

One, the child was out of place to disrespect the teacher, just because he didn't approve of her teaching method.

Ad two- yes he is wrong.

When students come to school, they have to be motivated to learn regardless of the teaching method. That's one problem right there. Entitlement mentality. "I want her to teach me like this."

That is not real world learning.

The classroom is not supposed to be where you get 100% of your education from.

If a child is not understanding it in the classroom, they have the library, other students, the internet, and PARENTS.

Whoops...most of the time, the parent is not involved in their education in the first place, eh?

It is mandatory for a child to go to school in this country, America. Rather it be a public school, private school, or home schooled, it must be done and it is not a bad thing. But for teachers that get paid to do something that is against the freewill of humans, they should be able to to teach or inspire one to learn. Granted they may not have a 100% success rate but this is where many humans get most of their education in America. Parents are not always present, no. They are not always the best teachers either. They may not be there at all, they may be deadbeats or even have died by murder, stroke, cancer, earthquake, tornado or whatever happens to humans in this terrible world. However, a teacher is supposedly, 'qualified' to teach others.

In order to teach somebody anything, their interests has to be piqued in order for them to have a desire to learn.

I see you didn't address your fault but it's cool.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Duhhh...because those are the authors words.

And yet you posted the article as the topic of this discussion AND defend it.

Why not just post the EO and make a thread voicing your concerns? I know why?
Because you knew people would read it, shrug, and say "what's the big deal?"
You needed that sensationalist article to enrage people. You knew the average Joe wouldn't
fact check the claims made in the article and would take those statements as gospel.

It's political trolling and race baiting 101. Either that or you didn't bother to read the actual EO until
after it was posted and you've been trying to save face ever since.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

No. The article was summing up the Executive Order.

This thread was placed into the Social Issues Forum, which means you are to use your own social commentary on a subject and can connect it with legislation or news.

In the Breaking News forum, you are to use the exact quote from the news story or legislation; any deviation from that and you are sensationalizing news.
edit on 10-8-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garkiniss

I take it you have read such book.......Share with us how the parties magically switched.

Perhaps you could take it upon yourself to read the quote beneath that book.
It's not from that book, but it highlights many of the same points.

You can also watch this, if you have an hour or so.

Skip ahead to the 40min mark if you want a Cliffs Notes version during the Q&A.

This isn't new news. The party shift is widely known and accepted.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Are you going to share with us how the parties did the infamous 'switch-a-roo"?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

No. The article was summing up what the Executive Order.

This thread was placed into the Social Issues Forum, which means you are to use your own social commentary on a subject and can connect it with legislation or news.

In the Breaking News forum, you are to use the exact quote from the news story or legislation; any deviation from that and you are sensationalizing news.

The article didn't sum up $#!t as it contains zero factual information, and your support of an article that willfully spews disinformation makes you a guilty party.

Are you going to share with us how the parties did the infamous 'switch-a-roo"?

I wasn't aware I needed to do your reading for you. Perhaps you could've benefitted from this EO.

edit on 10-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Nahhh...graduating with Honors and going to Law School, but thanks anyway.

Again, when you have a point to make in intellectual discourse, you should be able to articulate the main points in discussion.

Telling others to 'read this book' or to 'watch this vid' is not making a point; it actually means that you may not even understand the argument yourself.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join