It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since everyone understands that everything you post can be identified by the NSA, will you still say

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by curiousme333

Idk, I used to file reports anonymously because I didn't think it'd be appropriate to have any kind of incentive or reward.

Now, there is no point, so I may as well use my name.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
If I wasn't honest in every post, I wouldn't be "Honest Ed". Now you all know the origins of my name. Personally I find it that anybody who takes this seriously enough to feel that their opinion is dangerous enough to cause someone or something to track you, is someone with a very inflated opinion of themselves. I mean unless your someone like Snowden or someone who truly does have inside information, or maybe you're a terrorist, I don't see any reason to stop.

I mean what is there to stop on my behalf? All I spew is what most would consider to be uneducated Christian babble from a moron with a hint of hotheaded-ness and opinion. Its not like I am in here detailing an anti Obama terrorist plot or something. I mean if you really want to get a reaction for your words try shouting the word "bomb" in a federal building etc.

Now in my post you have the words: Terrorist, Christian, Bomb, Federal Building, Obama. So you can discern based on my key words that I am a fundamental religious zealot with strong political and religious views that impede any rational thought, and that I am armed and have the means to cause destruction. Do most of my posts have any of these keywords in them? Hardly, except the second one. But then again if I ever did get the feds to come knocking on my door, I am sure I would not shut up about and would be a cool story to share.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I've long assumed electronic communications were monitored by the government, so I have long moderated my thoughts on some matters -- as I imagine most other folk do too. Nothing earth shattering here.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by honested3

Reverse psychology?!

Nice try, we all know you're some Moriarty character who is plotting on world domination in some coffee shop.

The name was a dead giveaway.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Don't care, won't live in fear. If they want to go after the MILLIONS of people who will criticize them and try to oppress them, then they'll only turn that many more MILLIONS of people against them. They can push individuals around but I don't think they can subdue an entire populace. or maybe they can and will try to soon. Either way, I won't want to live in that tyranny.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Have not read this thread, but I think most of the ATS-ers were already aware of the general monitoring of the internet before Snowden.

Still I would NOT recommend using your real name or post real bio facts online. Why make it easy for the general public to harass you?

I don't use any social websites.

If someone wants to track down your real identity, they can. Why make it effortless?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

It is pretty sad that people are scared to post what they think, and feel, online. I hope the people who are afraid, change this, and start to post their thoughts.
reply to post by Catacomb

Try saying you support the ideas of the tea party, and see how the IRS responds. Hundreds of other did exactly that, and they paid for it. Everyone keeps forgetting that there is more than the NSA involved here. You have a vast, dare I say, conspiracy, where political appointees of SEVERAL government departments are in tune, to PUNISH those that don't hold their views.

Well, if people feel that who they follow are being targeted, I can understand not wanting to be targeted themselves. I understand why people do not want to complicate their lives. I am not one of those people, is what I was saying. If I supported the Tea Party, I would say that. But, there is only one politician that I have ever enjoyed listening to, because of his incredible insight, and ability to look at things in a different way. That is Ron Paul.

And, I gladly say, in real life, and online, that I believe Ron Paul is an amazing American, and fully support him.

But, American politics are a joke, and elections are a scam. So, to me, getting into politics is ridiculous, since you cannot really vote for a Presidential candidate. Popular vs. Electoral vote, and all that it entails, is what I am referring to, of course.

But, I am getting OT. To be succint. I understand why people do not speak out. I am not one of those people, however.
edit on 7-8-2013 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I am actually surprised it took them this long to start collecting all the data. Had I been supreme ruler of the world everything would have been saved from the beginning of the internet forward. That being said, I don't care. In fact, I sort of expect it. Maybe "they" will come haul me away to the looney bin in the dead of night? Who knows, maybe. But at least then I'd get the help I so desperately need.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chrome413

No, you need to make being hauled away part of your evil plot to take over the world.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by teachtaire

There's no evil plot.
hahahahahaha

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
*Silence*
Who's There?
NSA
NSWHO?

See what I did there?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Though i can't claim to know the extent of snooping and tracking, I don't think it's ever a good idea to censor yourself through this type of fear. By all means, hold your tongue (or fingers) when it comes to personal matters, but fear to speak out against those that claim dominion over you is another step closer to giving them that power, in my opinion.

It reminds me of what I’ve heard of the gestapo in the nazi regime, and how people weren't sure if it was real or not but it lead to fear of speaking about it all the same. It's like once the seed of paranoia is planted people will start controlling their own verbal output, which may be going down the road to thought crime. I don't think it's a good idea to give away the power of your personal opinions so easily.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It's a bit of a challenge really. One would want to stand their ground and be honest, but there are those who have families that must be careful of opinions. I would hope that this would not bully people into flying under the radar, but we can expect it to happen.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by melancholiflower
Though i can't claim to know the extent of snooping and tracking, I don't think it's ever a good idea to censor yourself through this type of fear. By all means, hold your tongue (or fingers) when it comes to personal matters, but fear to speak out against those that claim dominion over you is another step closer to giving them that power, in my opinion.

It reminds me of what I’ve heard of the gestapo in the nazi regime, and how people weren't sure if it was real or not but it lead to fear of speaking about it all the same. It's like once the seed of paranoia is planted people will start controlling their own verbal output, which may be going down the road to thought crime. I don't think it's a good idea to give away the power of your personal opinions so easily.

No im pretty sure it was the people getting bullets in the back of the head that made people be quiet.
But even in the face of that adversity it takes the bravery and courage and sacrifice of the few to inspire the many.
Remember this...

I wholeheartedly agree with the first half of your post.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I don't give a monkeys uncle about what I type on the net to be honest, just because I believe in a couple of conspiracy theories and Iam not a bad guy I highly doubt that they give a toss about me.
I do all my secret stuff the old fashioned way....carrier pigeon and lemon juice on paper.

edit on 5-8-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)
That is SO awesome.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
I am aware, and do not post everything I think.

Nor do I post and then think.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

But, there is only one politician that I have ever enjoyed listening to, because of his incredible insight, and ability to look at things in a different way. That is Ron Paul.
reply to post by Catacomb

I certainly agree with you about Ron Paul. I wrote his name in for President because I didn't care for either clown running in the Republicrat parties. I did also like Eugene McCarthy, back in the 1960's, but that was probably before your time. I voted for him for President also. He was the only politician of any importance back then that said that the Viet Nam War was a BIG mistake, and that we should get out. Of course, no one listened, and I believe it was the beginning of the downward spiral of respect for the United States. We just can't seem to stay out of countries that we have no business being in. You know the definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results. In that respect, just about every President was, and IS, INSANE. I believe being insane is a valid reason for impeachment. Then again, when Congress is also insane, we can't expect them to make a rational decision. The entire government is an insane asylum and the inmates are running it. (I guess that qualifies as a statement that will bring the NSA down on me. Bring it on. I've handled insane people before.)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Seriously why should we hide under a rock?There is nothing to fear but fear itself so a wise one said.Now more than ever we should be on the offensive against worldwide surveilance.If you are living in a western country your taxpayer dollars are paying for this crap.We all have a moral obligation stop the mass murder of people worldwide waged through war and assanination ultimately orchestrated by the alphabet agencies and their proxies/blackops etc.Wake up and fight!!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
My words are backed up by bullets.

Believe that.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Seriously why should we hide under a rock?
reply to post by spookie1111

I believe that we shouldn't hide behind a rock. Thanks for your opinion, and thanks for chiming in.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join