It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since everyone understands that everything you post can be identified by the NSA, will you still say

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It is pretty well understood by everyone, now, that anything you say, even on an "Anonymous" site, and even with proxy IP's, can be traced back to you. Knowing that, will you REALLY still say exactly what you think, especially in light of the fact that the current administration is using the IRS to harass and punish people that don't agree with them? I'd like ATS members to be brutally honest in answering this question, and not just bluster.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I almost posted a reply with details in it.

Almost.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I don't give a monkeys uncle about what I type on the net to be honest, just because I believe in a couple of conspiracy theories and Iam not a bad guy I highly doubt that they give a toss about me.
I do all my secret stuff the old fashioned way....carrier pigeon and lemon juice on paper.

edit on 5-8-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Them watching does nothing to inhibit my morals of my view of the truth. So, Yes... I continue to speak my mind. In fact I never stopped and I have been away of cyber spying programs for quite a number of years.

I have nothing to hide and damn well refuse to start hiding that which shouldn't be hidden.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I am aware, and do not post everything I think.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Very good point, Not in my case though I am sorely tempted (and being weak willed when tempted) to try to talk the listeners over to reason and reawaken there real moral code as they have to be in charge of themselves otherwise there purpose has been circumvented and placed squarely on it's head and therefore instead of protector they become oppressor (though this is a very much subjective observation and depends very much on ones own perspective in relation), Still some of the posters are themselves sowing conspiracy as another thread point's out the KGB did (and they were neither alone nor the first - Subterfuge has always been a mainstay of the intelligence agency's of this world).
There may be point's and thought's that like any one I would be careful of saying but as the alternative would not be freedom but total anarchy at what point do we draw the line under it.
Human being's are by nature though very private individual's and we hide behind our avatar's on sites such as this, if anything here we will discuss matters we would never talk about in person within reason as if somebody goes around saying they believe in (for instance let's say) a sphinx on the moon there average listener would likely decide they were a few slices short of a full loaf.

Though maybe you have to be a little mad to be sane eh!.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
will you REALLY still say exactly what you think

I can't... every time I try, the ATS censors have a fit.

You'd think the old saying, "Tell a lie, and you have to cover it up." would work here as well as it does in real life.

Nowadays though, walking around telling the honest truth simply gets you targeted by greedy, power hungry criminals.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I could care less what the government thinks of me. I'll post my dissatisfaction with our government until I'm blue in the face. I will not let these rats in government scare me into not exercising my 1st amendment right, which is exactly what they want us to do.

Edit: Hey NSA I hate you!
edit on 5-8-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This site should consider allowing the pasting of BMP's directly in the body of the posts. Unless that's against the law now.

It takes too much processing horsepower to decode a BMP image of text. Use a font that looks like script or put in a background pattern.

Type it up elsewhere, take a screen snap of text and paste. It's now encoded.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Do people ever really say everything they think on here?

I surely don't.

I haven't said anything on ATS that they don't already know about me so I have nothing to worry about. I don't think they're going to find anyone on ATS that is a serious threat. FB would yield far more people of interest.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

How about this?

U.S. directs agents to cover up program used to investigate Americans
www.reuters.com...

Although these cases rarely involve national security issues, documents reviewed by Reuters show that law enforcement agents have been directed to conceal how such investigations truly begin - not only from defense lawyers but also sometimes from prosecutors and judges.

The undated documents show that federal agents are trained to "recreate" the investigative trail to effectively cover up where the information originated, a practice that some experts say violates a defendant's Constitutional right to a fair trial. If defendants don't know how an investigation began, they cannot know to ask to review potential sources of exculpatory evidence - information that could reveal entrapment, mistakes or biased witnesses.

"I have never heard of anything like this at all," said Nancy Gertner, a Harvard Law School professor who served as a federal judge from 1994 to 2011. Gertner and other legal experts said the program sounds more troubling than recent disclosures that the National Security Agency has been collecting domestic phone records. The NSA effort is geared toward stopping terrorists; the DEA program targets common criminals, primarily drug dealers.

"It is one thing to create special rules for national security," Gertner said. "Ordinary crime is entirely different. It sounds like they are phonying up investigations."

sounds like they are phonying up investigations

I am a little intimidated, maybe the reason Al Qaeda is run amok is because we are so busy spying on our own citizens.
edit on 103131p://bMonday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Seeing not many replies, makes me think the readers of this post do indeed think about NSA surveillance. Being retired and not filing taxes, I will exercise my right of expression to a point. You can try and expose the truth without incriminating yourself.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
I am aware, and do not post everything I think.

Baaa haa haaa ha, but seriously, BAAAA hahahaha, hah ha .....
snicker, snort, smile. Really laughing. And this is one of the reasons I love ATS!

Okay, okay!

I have been posting here at ATS from the get go, three web sites ago. And through all the covert fishing attempts, they still only have about 40% of what I think. But to be honest, and fair to them, they do a excellent Job at what they do. And to be even more honest, removing political correctness, if I were their boss, well, anyways.......

Back to the question: Yes, come hell or high water, I will say exactly what is on my mind! Well, most of it.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I will continue to say what I want ...when I want.

Up yours NSA/GCHQ.

See ... that didn't hurt .... nothing happened.

If you give in to fear and lose your voice, then you have already surrendered your free will.

C..

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think my posts speak to my answer.

If what I say and what I think are enough to get me arrested or in some other form of trouble? Let it be sooner than later and upfront, not under the table and in the shadows. Yeah....I still post what I believe and as the saying goes? Screw 'em if they can't take a joke!

.. besides.. If not for fatalistic people like me to be the canary in the coal mine, so to speak.... how would everyone else know when it's finally gone too far and tyranny really is here? Right now, just watch for folks like me to disappear! When that happens, you know free speech is good and truly dead. (Oh, and keep people like me in your thoughts ..wherever it is we all get taken someday. ...only half joking... )

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

It is pretty well understood by everyone, now, that anything you say, even on an "Anonymous" site, and even with proxy IP's, can be traced back to you. Knowing that, will you REALLY still say exactly what you think..?

I don't now, and I have suspended a couple of threads that I figured had the potential get a little dangerous for me.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I continue to say what I believe. I do understand, though, that my criticism of any administration, does run the risk of harassment by agencies such as the IRS. Now that the IRS even manages "Obamacare", THAT RISK will increase even more. Like another poster, I am retired, but I do still pay income taxes to the federal government, so, yes, there is a real possibility that they could harass me. If they do, I will be the first to post it here on ATS. At my age, I've lived most of my life, but others may not be in my position.
Anyway, let me just say "SCR$W the government". Am I clear enough about what I will continue to do?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I once got a visit from the FBI for a post of mine on ATS..... The NSA is late to the party...

I should probably shut up now... Lol

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I continue to say what I believe. I do understand, though, that my criticism of any administration, does run the risk of harassment by agencies such as the IRS. Now that the IRS even manages "Obamacare", THAT RISK will increase even more.

I thought you were speaking in more general terms when you asked if I say ‘everything I think’. If you’re asking if I say everything I think about the government on ATS then YES…for the most part I do! So much of what they do pisses me off that I have to vent!

I don’t say everything I think about all matters discussed on ATS because I self-sensor (as we all do throughout our lives). If I said everything I truly think about every subject I participate in I would certainly be banned from ATS for life.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Knowing that, will you REALLY still say exactly what you think,

I'd like ATS members to be brutally honest in answering this question, and not just bluster.

2 years ago when I joined I knew they were spying on us.
None of this came as too much of shock to me.

Voltaire - "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

Maybe they've learned simply to observe this time,
haven't said anything to which they've found reason to tell me to stop,
so i'll just keep pointing our irregularities where I see them and continue on my way.

edit on 5-8-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join