It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since everyone understands that everything you post can be identified by the NSA, will you still say

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Almost everyone is looking at the small picture. It's not about spying on peeons. It's about blackmail of anyone in a position of power. The president, supreme court, congressman, ceo's. It's the ultimate from of control.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The question that the Op has asked, is that as the NSA can track anything everything posted, even when it is done anonymous, will we still say what exactly keep saying what we believe?

In my case, the answer is yes. When we are persecuted for our words, when we are no longer free to speak or even share ideas on what all is going on, then we will have lost everything. It is that very abilty to speak and share, to express ideas that was one of the founding points of the USA. And no government power, no act of congress, no presidental power or judicial power can take that away, without admending the constitution.

And if it comes out that I may be imprisoned for those very thing, then so be it. Even if the IRS comes for me, I will still speak out.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
If people the world over said 'bomb' at least once in any 'phone conversation, I wonder how long it would take to screw up all the worlds anti-terrorist units? plus text, like 'that car went like a bomb' & 'he bombed at the hockey ground' . But, no one will.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
OP wanted honest answers. Here is mine. I have stopped saying what I really think when it comes to certain things quite a while ago. My background is partially responsible for that.
I am German [West] and even though we were 'free', the Germanness meant that we always watched what we said, where and to whom.

My whole youth I was worried about who may listen to what I said but then, we didn't have the internet then [1980's] and you only watched yourself in official places.
I made my way to the UK in 1990 because I could not cope any longer with the beaucracy. Seriously, when I came to England, it was like a refreshing breeze of freedom that completely amazed me.

The GP didn't know your car insurer? Wow, you don't have to tell a certain 'order-office' [ordnungsamt] when you moved. You didn't have to have an ID card? Really? There were so many things and it felt good.

Now 23 years later I have to say that sadly the state of affairs is now such, that living in the UK is worse [beaurocracy, pc, privacy, etc] than it had ever been in Germany back in the 80's.

I have seen the changes and then asked myself the same question that OP asked. Do I censor myself on the internet?

Yes, yes I do and I hate myself for it but sometimes it feels as if I have come full circle. The freedom was nice while it lasted but now I'm back to how I used to be as a kid.

Cowardice or self preservation? I don't know. I am too tired to have to take any consequences. If I was younger and healthier, I would.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
For me it remains the same. With having speculated the spying before was the case revealed in news, laws, etc before hand, that this has been going on for years now. In fact I have been tempted, to say more than before. Wish I did before the revealing, but often time I was scrutinized...labeled(which doesn't fully include ATS).

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Could you say what type of thoughts you refrain from expresing here? (This question is for both of you).
reply to post by johnquindell

I think the answer is in my post. If I'm biting my tongue to hold such comments, I certainly won't change for you and the NSA.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I have found over the years, that what you say, is often not near as risky as digging for answers a little too deeply and adamantly, for some peoples comfort.
edit on 8/6/2013 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

If you believed that we have had contact with alien civilizations for many years, would you not be afraid, in some forums, to express such an idea for fear of ridicule?

As for aliens, I've stated that I believe that we are not alone. I think it is the pinnacle of conceit to believe that there is no other life in the universe. As to social issues, what other people do or believe is none of my business, unless they are infringing upon MY rights.
As one other wise poster just stated, though, to try to get me to post what I will not, is a waste of your time and mine, and I won't explain it again to you. You need to respect people's private thoughts.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Even if they do, they would still have to determine if what you say is important and worth listening to. That being said, people will still say what they want.
reply to post by Fromabove

If all they were interested in were people that had committed, or were going to commit crimes, then that would be true. However, recent news reports, such as the IRS scandal where they are harassing tax payers that don't hold the same views as the administration in office, have changed the rules. Would YOU WANT to be harassed by the IRS because you indicated that you held certain views and beliefs that the administration treats as dangerous? Think about it awhile before you respond, please.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

It is pretty sad that people are scared to post what they think, and feel, online. I hope the people who are afraid, change this, and start to post their thoughts.
reply to post by Catacomb

Try saying you support the ideas of the tea party, and see how the IRS responds. Hundreds of other did exactly that, and they paid for it. Everyone keeps forgetting that there is more than the NSA involved here. You have a vast, dare I say, conspiracy, where political appointees of SEVERAL government departments are in tune, to PUNISH those that don't hold their views.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Almost everyone is looking at the small picture. It's not about spying on peeons. It's about blackmail of anyone in a position of power. The president, supreme court, congressman, ceo's. It's the ultimate from of control.
reply to post by mrnotobc

Thank you for enforcing my main points. I'm glad that some understand the bigger picture here.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

OP wanted honest answers. Here is mine. I have stopped saying what I really think when it comes to certain things quite a while ago. My background is partially responsible for that. I am German [West] and even though we were 'free', the Germanness meant that we always watched what we said, where and to whom.
reply to post by Hecate666

I perfectly understand where you are coming from, and I completely respect your opinion on that. Thanks for being so open about it.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

If you believed that we have had contact with alien civilizations for many years, would you not be afraid, in some forums, to express such an idea for fear of ridicule?

As for aliens, I've stated that I believe that we are not alone. I think it is the pinnacle of conceit to believe that there is no other life in the universe. As to social issues, what other people do or believe is none of my business, unless they are infringing upon MY rights.
As one other wise poster just stated, though, to try to get me to post what I will not, is a waste of your time and mine, and I won't explain it again to you. You need to respect people's private thoughts.

I’m sorry that (it seems) you feel I’m trying in some sly way to get you to post thoughts that you’d rather keep to yourself. I am in no way trying to do so. It is not out of disrespect for your private thoughts that I am inquiring into what TYPE of thoughts you would prefer not to express. Without honest feedback from you, I am left to make wild guesses, e.g.:

- Do you prefer not to make personal attacks on politicians or other people?
- Are you embarrassed about having thoughts others might consider immoral?
- Do you feel enmity towards an employer, co-worker or relative you would prefer that person not learn of?
- Would you be afraid to expose yourself to ridicule by expressing an idea others might consider naive?
- Would you prefer not to give details or your business affairs so that the IRS would not be able to bring charges against you for tax evasion or some other offense?
- Would you prefer not to give the powers-that-be information or ideas they could use to improve the technologies of social control they already use against you and people like you (i.e. us)?
- Are you reluctant to provide information that would allow someone to determine your true identity?

I am not judging you for refusing to reveal private thoughts, nor would I judge you for what you might reveal, even if that were a desire to harm me. (If you expressed such a desire I would simply ask you to explain how that desire came into being).

Once again, I am simply interested in determining the approximate boundaries of topics people would be willing to pursue in open discourse. Learning more about such things can, I feel, help me to understand people better and be of more use to others. I had and have no intention of offending you or anyone else.

One final question: If it were demonstrated to you that some agency of the government had the ability to read your mind (as some have suggested is currently within the technological capabilities of certain agencies), would you then be willing to share here the thoughts you now keep to yourself? If not, why not?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I've never really said anything that could get me in trouble, not that I remember anyway. I try to toe the line on that one.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I suggest that you review the following:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It will tell you what can be posted and what cannot. As to your continuing attempt to get me to answer a question that I said all I will say about it, I can only conclude that you seem to have a hard time understanding when you are told something, and told that I will not respond further than I wish.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Since everyone understands that everything you post can be identified by the NSA, will you still say:

Neomaximus: My name is Neomaximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the Political Madness Forum, General of the Right Winger Legions, loyal servant to the constitution,, father to a murdered thread, husband to a murdered op and I will have my say, in this life or the next.”

Neomaximus to the NSA: “Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?”
edit on 6-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It's sad that we are losing terrain on the freedom of speech and debate.. First is was the communists , then terrorists , asteroids, aliens, And now It's the conspirators who are threatening the world.... It's how you want to creatively move your budget I would say...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

All Hail neo96, Emperor of the Universe! May the Force and Peace be with you. Down with the Nazi Star Alliance, otherwise known as the NSA. I guess that lets ATS members know whether I will say what I want.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

It's sad that we are losing terrain on the freedom of speech and debate.. First is was the communists , then terrorists , asteroids, aliens, And now It's the conspirators who are threatening the world.... It's how you want to creatively move your budget I would say...
reply to post by 0bserver1

As the Romans would say:
"Illegitimi non carborundum"

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I've never really said anything that could get me in trouble, not that I remember anyway. I try to toe the line on that one.
reply to post by dave_welch

You must lead a boring life. lol! Only joshing. Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join