It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since everyone understands that everything you post can be identified by the NSA, will you still say

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I am definitely one of those people that is not afraid of the NSA or any other corrupt and immoral agency of the United States.. (There are probably a few good NSA agents and other people in different agencies that are honest and integrity minded, just to be fair..)
reply to post by alienreality

I applaud your attitude. If everyone had that attitude, and I think from this thread, that many on ATS do, there would be no fear for everyone, because you cannot lock up 310,000,000 people. After all, who would pay the taxes for those crooks in power?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Will I continue to post that this administration is the pinnacle of corruptness in a long line of corrupt administrations? Will I continue to post that I believe EVERY member of our current gov't is a criminal?
Will I continue to demand a full independent audit of the Fed to find out where OUR money goes?
Will I continue to advocate the people rising up in protest against against the criminals that have stolen the American way of life?

No, I better not, I don't want to get into trouble

I have understood for years that everything typed into a website is stored someplace and accessible by anyone with the know how to retrieve it.

For the pathetic troll at the NSA that has to read this. Stop being a waste of space sucking up tax dollars committing crimes against the Constitution of the United States. You are nothing more then a puppet dancing on the strings of a corrupt master. Rise up troll, turn on your master and expose the crimes you are aiding and abetting.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

no, never censorship.. and you're right ProfEmeritus but the "quality threads" that brought me here and eventually lead to me becoming a member are few and far between now but it's those few that are still keeping me here so we'll see what the future brings.. i appreciate your contributions as well.
reply to post by n3mesis

Thank you. We need people like you to stay here and challenge those that don't respect our freedom. If we continue to work at it, perhaps we can be a beacon to those that are afraid to speak out.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

HOWEVER... i do personally believe that something is going on in the bacon import/export business as we still cannot get decent bacon over here in France!!!!... THAT.... is a real bummer!
reply to post by Rodinus

lol! We have some good bacon here in the US, but it has become so expensive that it has become a luxury item.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It has occurred to me several times over the past 12 years or so (when I clear my mind and just look at bare facts) that it is very clear what this whole thing is all about.

Three simple words - Eliminating independent thought.

We are entering a time when something that initially sounds so far fetched may not be. Sure. The internet is a vast source of information and knowledge but (especially with the appearance of "social media") it is also being slowly transformed into a tool of propaganda and extreme peer pressure. Pressure to conform that comes from all directions.

If you are on Facebook under your real name (for example) anyone who has ever known you can probably find you and see what you're up to. They can critique your thoughts, your likes and dislikes and pretty much anything you have chosen to share with the world.

If you ever had any intentions of being a different person online than you are off, speaking your mind and confronting people where you'd normally bite your tongue, you'd probably think twice if you knew everyone who has ever known you can read every word of it. The generation that is growing up now will probably never really know the freedom of having an opinion the way we did when all of our screen names were made up and most of the people reading them were strangers.

Forums are not much different. You would think it would be easier on a forum (with some degree of anonymity) to think outside the box and express yourself freely but if you ever had any illusions about this one, just try it and see where it gets you. Technically, you can say (almost) anything you want if you word it right to avoid being banned for being blunt but just saying it will likely cause the peer pressure to start. The more you say, the more intense it will get.

This forum isn't bad but obviously, it is an exception. This is a place that was intended for people to express different opinions. Most forums will only tolerate strict conformity. Either by strict enforcement of rules by official moderators or by means of peer pressure and ostracizing of anyone who is too different or outspoken.

Anyway, the whole thing is about attacking individuality. Obviously, if the terror threat is even real, terrorists ARE dangerous but it's a damn good excuse to discriminate against anyone who is different. Especially people who tend to question authority. Now what would that be worth to an authoritarian?
edit on 6-8-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

My thoughts on it are, by my estimation of how things in the US are going if I say nothing I'm already running a 60-65% chance of finding myself in a camp should things change. By speaking out now, I give myself a 100% chance of going to a camp if things change, but by speaking out I have a chance at preventing that from happening in the first place.
reply to post by Aazadan

That's the attitude! Again, though, if everyone speaks their mind, they can't round us all up. We would outnumber them by a huge margin. In addition, we still have the second Amendment. I believe it keeps them somewhat in check. That is obvious, because of the efforts that they are expending to try to eliminate it. In reality, those crooks are chickens, who would high tail it and run, if they were ever challenged.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

What we learn here more than anything really, is that people think they're important enough to warrant specific observation. You're NOISE. nothing more.
reply to post by winofiend

Perhaps, but at some point, the "noise" could become deafening, and at that point, things could change. One way or the other, we are at a crux as far as what is going on.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Oh, and to answer the question, I will likely still speak my mind, for all the good it'll do. I have considered just dropping it. Whatever TPTB are up to, they're going to get what they want whether we like it or not. Might as well let people learn the hard way.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

What I do worry about is a near future where maybe I get pulled over by a cop for a broken tail light or something mundane and then end up in a holding cell because my posting habits flagged me for an "interview" of some kind.
reply to post by Hefficide

I would say that such a situation has already happened multiple times. I hope I'm wrong, but with the PRISM system, that sort of thing is very possible right now. As I've said many times, I don't believe the data is being captured for solving terrorist attacks BEFORE they happen, but rather, to use that data to hold someone that doesn't play the game the way they want. The Patriot Act gives law enforcement a huge excuse to hold just about anyone that they want, without any recourse to counsel.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Of course I'll stay. Why would I leave? If they want to spend time reading my post, then they're my guest. I hope they find my posts entertaining and/or thought-provoking.

Everytime I post, the whole of the World can read each single one of my post on the Net. I am strongly dovish, opposes violence, encourages both technological evolution and ecological conservation. Why would it matter if it's THEM or not?

edit on 6-8-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Could you say what types of thoughts you refrain from expressing here?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

I don’t say everything I think about all matters discussed on ATS because I self-sensor (as we all do throughout our lives). If I said everything I truly think about every subject I participate in I would certainly be banned from ATS for life.
reply to post by seabag

You're not alone. My tongue is sore from biting it.
edit on 5-8-2013 by ProfEmeritus because: typo

Could you say what type of thoughts you refrain from expresing here? (This question is for both of you).

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnquindell

A bit of an illogical question this is isn't it?

Why try and ask someone to say what thoughts they refrain to express when they have already typed that they do not wish to express them here?... you will not get anywhere asking that type of question!

Seeing that you are quite new here... tell me, how interesting is your job at the postal department in the NSA??

Only joking... don't take this badly, just humour.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 6-8-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

About the only thing that will change is that I will pay more attention not to mention words I think will be keywords for the software algorithms that filter the metadata for review by human agents.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

Originally posted by johnquindell

A bit of an illogical question this is isn't it?

Why try and ask someone to say what thoughts they refrain to express when they have already typed that they do not wish to express them here?... you will not get anywhere asking that type of question!

Seeing that you are quite new here... tell me, how interesting is your job at the postal department in the NSA??

Only joking... don't take this badly, just humour.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 6-8-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

Forgive me, but I do not think the question is illogical. I am very interested in what thoughts someone might be afraid to express, not just because they're afraid of the NSA (or whoever). If you thought adults and minors would benefit from physical intimacy if there was true love between them, would you be afraid to express that idea? I believe in some surroundings one would have to be wary about saying such a thing. Would you be willing to state--openly--the idea that some stereotypes about gays or people of other races are true? If you believed that we have had contact with alien civilizations for many years, would you not be afraid, in some forums, to express such an idea for fear of ridicule? Would you not fear that expressing such a thought would discredit everything else of value you'd said in the eyes of many who would go with you on everything else you'd said? Think of how many people respect David Ike but can't recommend his videos to friends because of his ideas about reptilian aliens.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by johnquindell

Thanks for responding John,

However much your comment is understood and respected, I personally feel that if someone says that they they do not wish to express their thoughts here on ATS, then we should respect their wish and not try and push them?

Thats all

Right, i had better take my dog for his vaccinantion... (Oh cripes, i have given away that i have a male dog!!!)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
reply to post by johnquindell

Thanks for responding John,

However much your comment is understood and respected, I personally feel that if someone says that they they do not wish to express their thoughts here on ATS, then we should respect their wish and not try and push them?

Thats all

Right, i had better take my dog for his vaccinantion... (Oh cripes, i have given away that i have a male dog!!!)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Thank you for replying. I too respect completely a people's wish/right not to express themselves. I am simply--genuinely--very curious as to what type of issues people would be reluctant to share their opinions about. I'm trying to get a feel for the relative degree of freedom of discourse that still exists in society.

Incidentally, I think if someone is afraid of being held to account for expressing an idea, I would recommend prefacing everything you say with, "I heard someone the other day say...".
edit on 6-8-2013 by johnquindell because: Moved my text from inside the quote to the outside.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
It is pretty well understood by everyone, now, that anything you say, even on an "Anonymous" site, and even with proxy IP's, can be traced back to you. Knowing that, will you REALLY still say exactly what you think, especially in light of the fact that the current administration is using the IRS to harass and punish people that don't agree with them? I'd like ATS members to be brutally honest in answering this question, and not just bluster.

Even if they do, they would still have to determine if what you say is important and worth listening to. That being said, people will still say what they want.

To be protected people should begin to create their own personal way of writing. When I was younger we used to pass notes to each other and get caught. The teacher would read them out loud to the class. So we learned how to read and write the Greek alphabet and next time we were caught we were protected and we were the ones doing the laughing. The teacher wasn't going to spend hours trying to decipher what we wrote.

And I would just like to say;

1815-2008051705-251521-0715

edit on 6-8-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It is pretty sad that people are scared to post what they think, and feel, online. I hope the people who are afraid, change this, and start to post their thoughts. I have never censored myself, and never will. I believe that those who are abusing the Constitution, will be held accountable. I believe that everyone should be able to say what they feel, as long as you aren't doing it in a violent manner. Freedom of speech, is a basic right of all life. Even if it's something you don't want to hear, you can turn it off, or walk away.

But, if you don't let people speak their minds, how are you ever going to hear something new, or interesting? It is in the words of others, that we so often grow as human beings, ourselves.

Please, everyone here, speak freely. Do not be afraid of these criminal programs that try to suppress free thought. I am not afraid.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JameSimon
We'll, I'm portuguese. I don't care what NSA, FBI, CIA, Interpol or Al Qaeda know about me, I'm a self made citizen that has a daytime job, enjoys a responsible drink and likes to create some music. I don't do stuff against my local law so I shouldn't be worried by commenting on conspiracy websites.

What about people with nsa information blackmailing your politicians to pass laws not in your best interest?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join