It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since everyone understands that everything you post can be identified by the NSA, will you still say

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
People criticize the government because there is nothing but bad things to talk about.
Then you get called a extremist. So what are we to do give out merits for piss poor performance? Of course people are angered at the government and rightfully so. If the government wasn't so secretive about everything we might get somewhere. If there was a extinction level asteroid headed to Earth the government would classify it secret. Well saying nothing and doing nothing can only lead to one outcome. I would rather be told the truth no matter how bad it is. As the entire world of minds and power will come together fix it and make it right. This is where their way of thinking is flawed. Fukushima continues to pollute the world and everyone is ok with that, no action is heard or seen.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

If there was a extinction level asteroid headed to Earth the government would classify it secret.
reply to post by sean

Of course they would. Then they would find a way for them to survive and let us all be vaporized. They do have an underground survival area for the government. Of course, there would be no one else left to govern. Maybe they'll start spying on each other. Politicians = scum of the earth, and that's the best I can say about them.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

You cannot live like your in jail or in a labor camp.

That is how they want you to feel.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I, for one, will stand by what I say, speak, believe, and am not afraid to advertize it......
Come and get me, I say, NDAA or otherwise, for I ain't no angel, either. But this country was meant to stand for something. And I'm not hurtin anyone with what I believe. So, yes, I'll stay.. I will never tuck my tail and hide.
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'll also say "I know who makes sure your boss gets their paycheck".

Sounds about right.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Politicians = scum of the earth, and that's the best I can say about them.

maybe human nature dooms those in power to forever sink into corruption and greed.
Its been such since at least the egyptian empire, isnt that what brought down the roman empire?

There is nothing new here, citizens who live an easy life are always going to take their life for granted and become apathetic to the needs of those that are not so lucky as themselves, at least not until that easy life is taken away from them.

The phrase "you reap what you sow" holds much weight, especially for society as well as for the individual.

We have the govt we deserve, and the politicians we deserve and the future we deserve, for not being able to come together in a peaceful unselfish manner, to say no, and to try and make a positive change for the whole world and not just for ourselves.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

We have the govt we deserve, and the politicians we deserve and the future we deserve, for not being able to come together in a peaceful unselfish manner, to say no, and to try and make a positive change for the whole world and not just for ourselves.
reply to post by OneManArmy

That of course assumes that our elections are fair. I'm not so sure about that, especially when you see interviews with people who said they voted for Obama 6 times, because they wanted to make sure their votes counted, and when 15 Philadelphia precincts reported over 19,000 votes for Obama and 0 for Romney, and yet they interviewed people who said they voted for Romney. You have to wonder.
In the long run, though, you are right. After four failed years regarding the economy, a lot of people still voted for Obama. I can only believe that they think the free "stuff" will keep coming. It will, until this country sinks into bankruptcy, which should happen after the few left working, are bled to death.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

No im pretty sure it was the people getting bullets in the back of the head that made people be quiet.
But even in the face of that adversity it takes the bravery and courage and sacrifice of the few to inspire the many.

Ok, fair point, it's a pretty extreme comparison. But I still think the underlying paranoia it induces is similar, both work on a base fear principle. Granted, in nazi germany people were out and out getting killed and we're not really there right now and most people don't have anything to worry about. However I do think tv shows, movies and news reports on people getting lifted, killed or just plain disappearing due to what they may know or be planning, inspire a response that effects how we conduct ourselves.

Thanks for bringing me back down to earth abit on this, but I do struggle to rule the comparison out completely based on what I know.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I now start every phone call I make to people I know, by informing the NSA agents who may be listening to our conversation, to turn themselves in for arrest, as they are breaking the law, by violating my constitutional rights, given to me by our Founding Fathers. I further tell them that they should arrest the President and all the members of Congress that have ignored the Bill of Rights. I know it isn't much, but I want them to know that they are all criminals, and I could care less what they hear. Furthermore, it will not stop me from saying whatever I wish on the phone, as long as I am not revealing any government secrets or any other information that I have pledged not to reveal, such as non-disclosure agreements/

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I would like to keep breathing.

So I would not post anything anywhere that may contribute to the probability that might be encouraged to stop.

That aside, I would not hesitate to post most opinions.

Not because they are safe or I am safe, but because I actually trust that 300 million people are more than the evil overlords have time to deal with, and that on the list of people they have to worry about, I am surely nowhere near the top.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I wont post anything that would mean i'm likely to get sued. Other than that i'll call it as I see it.

I'm not under any great illusion that the things I write are important enough to get anybody to take action against me. That pretty much goes for most of us.

This place is interesting, educational and fun. In the grand scheme however we simply aren't important enough to threaten anybody or anything.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
ill say what i want to say and if they drag me away so be it.
they can use me as an example to try to scare the rest of you but hopefully it will backfire.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Belcastro
ill say what i want to say and if they drag me away so be it.
they can use me as an example to try to scare the rest of you but hopefully it will backfire.

Are you living in Niger or something?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Lets be realistic, no one will bother you unless your a nutcase

And I don't think i've gone a week, without listening to at least one retard in these forums go off on "his" stf plans, his arsenal, overthrowing the govt, Politician X needs to be killed.

Truthfully I often think there is an actual need to watch people

The Truth is # DOES happen, the only reason I come here is to get info, things like earthquake swarms, weather updates info from news agencies around the world not just local...sometimes there is actually good info here...

And then I think...

My half hr jump on picking up my kids in the event of an event is totally going to be ruined by some turkey with an arsenal... I actually live around a few of these fools, the jerk offs who will shoot someone on the highway and stop a fuel truck from getting through to a melting reactor and cause a freakin meltdown, the whack job who will try to take his block.....

I really don't mind if these guys are labeled by first responders in the event of an event...

There HAS been more than one nut from this site who was involved in major incidents

There are all sorts of people on these sites, your armchair generals, your science buffs, guys that like to role play, gamer types, wanna be poly sci majors etc etc, but then there also are... foreign propagandists, religious extremists. schizophrenics, those that just really WANT doomsday to come...

Do I mind if the latter are kept an eye on... hell no, the guys who shoot at the coast guard after a hurricane should be watched... you threaten to kill people, you own 63 fire arms, you know waaay to much about anthrax lol....you might need to be baby sat, can't hurt to look a little deeper at those types.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

penninja
Lets be realistic, no one will bother you unless your a nutcase

Unless at one end of your home someone Googles "pressure cooker" and at the other end under a different interest search on "backpacks". If you're already being looked for something else, that just makes you prime target.

And I don't think i've gone a week, without listening to at least one retard in these forums go off on "his" stf plans, his arsenal, overthrowing the govt, Politician X needs to be killed.

Weekly, really? As with killing a politician? Wow... SHTF plans, well we do have a Survival forum that can help guide anyone to preparedness.

Truthfully I often think there is an actual need to watch people

The Truth is # DOES happen, the only reason I come here is to get info, things like earthquake swarms, weather updates info from news agencies around the world not just local...sometimes there is actually good info here...

And then I think...

There HAS been more than one nut from this site who was involved in major incidents

So? At least "one lone gunman nut" who shall not be named, was called out on being loony even by our tin foil hat wearing crew.

See below...

There are all sorts of people on these sites, your armchair generals, your science buffs, guys that like to role play, gamer types, wanna be poly sci majors etc etc, but then there also are... foreign propagandists, religious extremists. schizophrenics, those that just really WANT doomsday to come...

Welcome to the interwebz
Just like anuses everyone has one, an opinion. Doesn't mean everyone is planning a home made rapture of mass destruction. Now if those "retards" as you kindly mentioned did that on Facebook, they would be reported and or investigated.

Do I mind if the latter are kept an eye on... hell no, the guys who shoot at the coast guard after a hurricane should be watched... you threaten to kill people, you own 63 fire arms, you know waaay to much about anthrax lol....you might need to be baby sat, can't hurt to look a little deeper at those types.

Indeed there are people to watch such as conspiracies to commit, but under current NSA spying anyone can be suspect.
Under that as described then I guess I should be watched after all as I do know a lot about anthrax, studied and as in veterinary medicine as a Technician...from zoonotics, farm animals, etc, in college. However, I do not intent to use the knowledge for nefarious purposes.

See how easy the lines can be blurred?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join