It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we on the cusp of a world changing event?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Yeah. I think you're right.

Speculation that Israel just attacked a Syrian base in Tartus just last night.
US has been writing up plans for months for a Syrian counter-offensive and might as well have embassies closed when this all happens.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
I just read an article that the US was going to try to work with the new Iranian president and I thought Great!... Then I was like "whuuu?" What if they want to intervene in Egypt without Iran getting involved and leading to the regional war we are expecting to happen any time now. I still think that Iran helped arrange the ousting of morsi. Not controlling Egypt through the guise of the Mb weakens Israel.

playing nice this week then next week BAM... something big happens.

i don't know... but then again, I'm pretty sure the confusion is quite deliberate.

Great minds. I too think that the timing is fascinating. Using a Muslim time of Ramadan fasting and prayer to break prisoners out of the jails of three countries would most definitely invite increased activity at the end of the month. Even I can see through that one.

As to which interests exactly were behind it, I really no longer care to speculate as there are probably many games and sub-scenarios taking place on all sides. All the false flags have honestly gutted me emotionally. When Sandy Hook reached into the deepest reaches of my gut whether a false flag or not, I realize how much the world is lacking empathy for the Syrian religious minority victims that include whole families and their little ones. I have no more emotional stamina for conflicts.

However I do agree with the OP's alerted Spidey-sense. We are all being played.

And now today we have the US meeting directly with jailed MB members. Why?
I doubt the government in Egypt is letting those people "make arrangements" from their jail cells. Why did they go talk to them? Are they providing legal service for them? haha!

Then we have Mccain and Graham in Egypt today to resolve the problem there.

lol...DO WHAT?

Oh, yeah... THAT'S going to help a whole lot.

and we got them saying stuff like this...

"The military can't keep running the country. We need democratic elections. The (Muslim) Brotherhood needs to get off the streets and back into the political arena and fight your differences there, and we need to put Egypt back to work. If this continues, it's going to be a failed state. That's why we're going."

So they are openly admitting that they want the MB involved in a new election... AND SOON.

Oh but Kerry a little while back shot down that suspicion of the US backing up the MB to a corrupt extent by calling the ouster democratic... but then...BUT then he goes on by carefully not completely bashing the MB and said they needed a chance to hold demonstrations.

So is that his latest crack at reverse psychology in the psychological war or what?

You see, they like the flip this stuff so much, I'm surprised if THEY still remember which side they're on. Often I think they don't and that they are simple compulsive chronicle liars who think misrepresenting themselves is the way to keep that "edge"

Did Kerry just realize how much respect he doesn't have among the people and think that if he said the opposite of what he means, then the world will suddenly jump to the opposite side of the argument because the last person they want to listen to is HIM? haha! When do these people start admitting things to themselves? When do they start realizing that we don't believe ANY of their crap... or think they are anything more than bad actors trying to accomplish the most Reagan-like hair do? And every day we read more crap that is just supposed to be so important and official. Could they even be honest if their lives depended on it? I doubt it.

You don't need a master's degree to see lies of men, do ya?... Oh but they're going to outsmart us. Riiiiiight. The only way they could do that at this point is burn books and give us amnesia because where people get tripped up is not being unable to recognize BS... it's not knowing history. When the details start reaching the people... they're done! Period. It doesn't matter if they have 10 academy awards... they are playing roles and it's not that hard to see, unless of course you are one of them because they are apparently very deluded people... or maybe they've just got nothing to lose, they feel. I'd have more respect for them if they could just admit it at this point.

It's a laughing stock!

but to try to watch the ball... we have this...

www.foxnews.com...

Egypt's government saying that the US intervention will not sway anything or change the plan.

SO... Just keep an eye on the ball because there is no telling where this thing is going.
edit on 5-8-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
As I sit here and read this thread, I can only hope that MadMac is wrong. And the responders after are just as wrong. Sadly, intuition takes over and I can't dismiss the alarming facts that are on a table. I don't want to sensationalize a already alarming thread, the clock is ticking and it could be minutes, days or months before something "does" happen. This is where I hope that we are all wrong.

I pray that nothing happens. As naive that statement may sound, I always try to stay optimistic but being on this site tends to instill anything but optimism when facts are at hand.

The cards will fall where they will, the curtain will reveal once pulled back as the stage is being set. If something happens let us not forget that we civilians stay diligent to the facts and keep others who are less informed up to date. That is our responsibility as civilians. I do not want a world war, yet it feels as though it looms with the stench of corruption at it's head and fear for the lives that could be lost.

Each and every life is precious, whether accepted or not. It does not matter religion, color, or any theology on life one might lead. We are all in this together whether one believes it or not.

I want to pray for peace but I don't think he's listening

Time will tell and if nothing ever happen's I can still look at my post and say "I would still feel the same way if nothing ever happened."

Best wishes~

Nathan

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

I'm sorry, my friend said it was Bachrain, not yemen.

/my bad

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Instead of sinking billions into ill-fated wars in the Middle East, we should pour it into developing our own shale oil deposits, building new refineries, and simply bankrupting the Middle East. It would accomplish the same goals a lot more diplomatically, and with the bonus of economic prosperity, jobs, and putting us back on top....but then again, what the hell do I know...
Why even bother doing that when an ocean wave can produce an immense amount of energy?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Americans are fascinating to me.

You give the NSA a hard time for programs that record phone information, and then praise the intelligence community for finding information of terrorists talking to each other discussing an attack.

They had similar information pre 9-11 as well, but they had so much information to get through even among flagged calls that this information wasn't known until after the attack, and this was at NSA's own admission.

Obviously their screening services have gotten much better since then.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

If I had to guess why the embassies are being closed.. I would guess that Israel is about to strike Iran and/or Syria and the Obama admin knows it.

How many years can you say Iran will have the bomb within a year before you look like you don't know what the hell you are talking about?
edit on 5-8-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think this is how the web bot gets it's predictions, just look at this site, I think we're onto something.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

The children of the Light may wish for the second coming of Christ, but I am not too sure the Elites would be so happy with that, as He brings judgement. I doubt the Elites have a conspiracy for the Coming of Christ as a pretext to their wars. If anything they would like to circumvent anything bringing judgement and the Second Death they have been trying to avoid. They are living it up while they have control and ruining our lives as much as possible.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I would guess that Israel is about to strike Iran and/or Syria and the Obama admin knows it.

Before they do that, they'll need to secure Azerbaijan (and the oil).

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I would not be in the least surprised if the next "Al Qaeda" attack is centred on the Straits of Hormuz,likely to involve the sinking/destruction of a super tanker at the narrowest point of the straits. This may well give the US the excuse they need to hit Iran, as no doubt Iran will be blamed for sponsoring such an attack.

In that scenario, a joint Israeli/US air strike on Iran's nuclear and military facilities may well be the precursor to an all out free for all in the middle east, with Russia siding with Iran. Russia also has a very strategically vital ally in Syria, the question is will the US initiate strikes against Syria before "the main event"? Whatever way the US decides to play it, it does not bode well for the future,

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I have hope for america because of jesus christ

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I would guess that Israel is about to strike Iran and/or Syria and the Obama admin knows it.

Before they do that, they'll need to secure Azerbaijan (and the oil).

For something like that to occur, 'attacking Iran and/or Syria' by Israel, a lot, a lot of work needs to occur before that ever happens. Israel would need the support of Europe and the U.S. Syria is in an implosion situation...why attack, Iran just elected a new president, Europe nor the U.S. would support an attack until they see what happens at least in the next six months or more.

Today we learned that the U.S. intercepted direct communications between the 'new' #1 and the newly appointed #2 Al Qaeda leaders.

Now you can speculate all you want, but what we know is that Muslim Islamic Radical Terrorists want to execute a significant, devastating, destructive act of death and harm to any/all Western Interests. This current incicident has nothing 'directly' to do with Syria or Iran. That's how I see it!

edit on 5-8-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

edit on 5-8-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

edit on 5-8-2013 by ItDepends because: sentence structure

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Let's just look at the facts since the Arab Spring commenced (did Western Allies have play in this? no doubt)
TUNISA

In 2011, a revolution resulted in the overthrow of autocratic President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali and the first free elections in the country were held. Since then, Tunisia has been consolidating its young democracy.

Population - 2012 estimate 10,777,500

LIBYA

Libya officially the State of Libya,is a country in the Maghreb region of North Africa bordered by the Mediterranean Sea to the north, Egypt to the east, Sudan to the southeast, Chad and Niger to the south, and Algeria and Tunisia to the west. With an area of almost 1.8 million square kilometres (700,000 sq mi), Libya is the 17th largest country in the world.[7] The largest city and capital, Tripoli, is home to 1.7 million of Libya's 6.4 million people.

A civil war and NATO-led military intervention in 2011 resulted in the ousting and death of the country's former leader, Muammar Gaddafi, and the collapse of his 42-year "First of September 'Al Fateh' Revolution" and 34-year-old Jamahiriya state. As a result, Libya is currently undergoing political reconstruction, and is governed under an interim constitution drawn up by the National Transitional Council (NTC). Elections to a General National Congress were held on 7 July 2012, and the NTC handed power to the newly elected assembly on 8 August. The assembly has the responsibility of forming a constituent assembly to draft a permanent constitution for Libya, which will then be put to a referendum.

EGYPT

Egypt, officially the Arab Republic of Egypt , is a transcontinental country spanning the northeast corner of Africa and southwest corner of Asia via a land bridge formed by the Sinai Peninsula. Most of its territory of 1,010,000 square kilometers (390,000 sq mi) lies within North Africa and is bordered by the Mediterranean Sea to the north, the Gaza Strip and Israel to the northeast, the Gulf of Aqaba to the east, the Red Sea to the east and south, Sudan to the south and Libya to the west. Egypt is one of the most populous countries in Africa and the Middle East, and the 15th most populated in the world.

On 25 January 2011, widespread protests began against Mubarak's government. On 11 February 2011, Mubarak resigned and fled Cairo. Jubilant celebrations broke out in Cairo's Tahrir Square at the news. The Egyptian military then assumed the power to govern. Mohamed Hussein Tantawi, chairman of the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces, became the de facto interim head of state. On 13 February 2011, the military dissolved the parliament and suspended the constitution.[58] A constitutional referendum was held on 19 March 2011. On 28 November 2011, Egypt held its first parliamentary election since the previous regime had been in power. Turnout was high and there were no reports of major irregularities or violence. Mohamed Morsi was elected president on 24 June 2012.[60] On 2 August 2012, Egypt's Prime Minister Hisham Qandil announced his 35 member cabinet comprising 28 newcomers including four from the Muslim Brotherhood

On 5 December 2012, tens of thousands of supporters and opponents of president Morsi clashed, in what was described as the largest violent battle between Islamists and their foes since the country's revolution. Mohamed Morsi offered a "national dialogue" with opposition leaders but refused to cancel the December 2012 constitutional referendum.On 3 July 2013, the military removed Morsi from power in a coup d'état and installed an interim government

SYRIA

Syria, officially the Syrian Arab Republic, is a country in Western Asia, bordering Lebanon and the Mediterranean Sea to the West, Turkey to the north, Iraq to the east, Jordan to the south and Israel to the southwest. A country of fertile plains, high mountains and deserts, it is home to diverse ethnic and religious groups, including Kurds, Armenians, Assyrians, Turks, Christians, Druze, Alawite Shias and Arab Sunnis. The latter make up the majority of the population.

Since March 2011, Syria has been embroiled in civil war in the wake of uprisings (considered an extension of the Arab Spring, the mass movement of revolutions and protests in the Arab world) against Assad and the neo-Ba'athist government. An alternative government was formed by the opposition umbrella group, the Syrian National Coalition, in March 2012. Representatives of this government were subsequently invited to take up Syria's seat at the Arab League. The opposition coalition has been recognised as the "sole representative of the Syrian people" by several nations including the United States, United Kingdom and France.

I submit, that the region has enough havoc and dysfunciton within itself, a 'WAR' is not what we are seeing.....!!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Obama administration along with the establishment need to continue the surveillance without further distractions by the 'governed' so they make up new 'national security threats' like closing down worldwide embassies to justify the surveillance state.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
You guys are too paranoid about the terrorists. Thats why you have to deal with TSA and other stuff like that nowadays.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Additionally:

IRAN

Iran officially the Islamic Republic of Iran, is a country in Western Asia. The country is bordered on the north by Armenia, Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan, with Kazakhstan and Russia to the north across the Caspian Sea. Iran is bordered on the east by Afghanistan and Pakistan, on the south by the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman, on the west by Iraq and on the northwest by Turkey. The 18th-largest country in the world in terms of area at 1,648,195 km2 (636,372 sq mi), Iran is an ethnically diverse country and has a population of around 77 million

The Iranian Revolution, also known as the Islamic Revolution,began in January 1978 with the first major demonstrations against the Shah. After strikes and demonstrations paralyzed the country and its economy, the Shah fled the country in January 1979 and Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini returned from exile to Tehran. In April 1979 Iran officially became an Islamic Republic, after its establishment was supported in a referendum. Nationwide uprisings against the new regime erupted in Kordestan, Khuzestan, Balochistan and other areas, though they were eventually subdued. A referendum in December 1979 approved a theocratic constitution. Although both nationalists and Marxists joined with Islamic traditionalists to overthrow the Shah, tens of thousands were executed by the Islamic regime afterward. On 4 November 1979, a group of Iranian students seized US embassy personnel. Attempts by the Jimmy Carter administration to negotiate for their release or rescue them were unsuccessful. In January 1981 the hostages were finally set free according to the Algiers Accords.

In the 2005 presidential elections the conservative populist candidate Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was elected. In the 2009 Iranian presidential election the Interior Ministry announced incumbent president Ahmadinejad had won 62.63% of the vote, while Mir-Hossein Mousavi had come in second place with 33.75%. Allegations of large irregularities provoked the 2009–2010 Iranian election protests both within Iran and in major capitals in the West. Hassan Rouhani was elected as President of Iran on 15 June, defeating Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf and four other candidates.[97][98] He took office on 3 August 2013 and replaced Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

So as you can see by my two posts......there is enough internal chaos, change, distraction within all of the countries I've listed.

This promotes an opportune time for Radical Islamic Militant Terrorists with connections to Al Qaeda and a number of affiliates made up of disgruntled, delusioned unemployed, thugs, punks who have nothing to live for but to be a Martyr in their distorted view of the Quran where if you do not conform to their beliefs, YOU are a target, baby, mom, family, doesn't matter....Allah will reward these ignorant killers for killing innocents in order for them to attain their Virgins in the after life.

So again, we are under the threat of a Terrorist attack by Militant Terrorists with connections to Al Qaeda and a number of affiliates. the remainder of the region, North Africa, Middle East is under it's own implosion turmoil, we have no need to attack, let them kill each other, in the meantime, we need to remain vigilant and focust on these Radicals.

Brief History of what is going on. Simplified, other factors for sure......but the current situation is singular!

EDIT: I wish to discard my comment about "let them kill each other". I am a non-viloent and peaceful advocate, so that statement was inappropriate. I apologize. My passion was, leave these countries to their own ends.....we sure experienced that in the American/British Revolutionary War. Self determination is important. I apologize if my unthoughtful remark was hurtuful. I precious life, and wish no one to suffer torture, harm or death. Peace!!

edit on 5-8-2013 by ItDepends because: added comment

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spotless
You guys are too paranoid about the terrorists. Thats why you have to deal with TSA and other stuff like that nowadays.

Who are the 'you guys' the civilized world??? UK, Germany, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Canada, France, Japan, oh yeah and the U.S..........maybe you are right...but then again, maybe you are wrong....AND if you are....BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY!!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
We've been "on the cusp of a world changing event" for years.

Nothing will happen. People have been predicting events and talking about how they feel something coming for ages, and nothing ever does. To answer your question, no.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join