It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we on the cusp of a world changing event?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It's a fake headline , Next week they will be saying "Because of our NSA programs we averted a Terrorist attack and saved thousands of lives"

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Americans are fascinating to me.

You give the NSA a hard time for programs that record phone information, and then praise the intelligence community for finding information of terrorists talking to each other discussing an attack.

They had similar information pre 9-11 as well, but they had so much information to get through even among flagged calls that this information wasn't known until after the attack, and this was at NSA's own admission.

Obviously their screening services have gotten much better since then.

This is why I'm doubting that this is nothing more than S.S.D.D. This would be a perfect false flag event to say, "See, our spying on you is worth while." I really doubt anything major will happen.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Something is up, I "feel" it to and I don't have a military background.

MSM's doing what they do best, they've trotted out this time a non-political scandal for distraction. Watch the nightly news and see what the lead story is probably be for some time, depending on how long they feel they can milk it for what it's worth.

By the by the terror alert rates second place.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Originally posted by ItDepends

So as you can see by my two posts......there is enough internal chaos, change, distraction within all of the countries I've listed.

This promotes an opportune time for Radical Islamic Militant Terrorists with connections to Al Qaeda and a number of affiliates made up of disgruntled, delusioned unemployed, thugs, punks who have nothing to live for but to be a Martyr in their distorted view of the Quran where if you do not conform to their beliefs

So again, we are under the threat of a Terrorist attack by Militant Terrorists with connections to Al Qaeda and a number of affiliates. the remainder of the region, North Africa, Middle East is under it's own implosion turmoil, we have no need to attack, let them kill each other, in the meantime, we need to remain vigilant and focust on these Radicals.

If these places are going to implode by themselves, then why is the US still spending billions on involvement in Syria and Egypt etc? Controlled demolition?

You did not mention Saudi Arabia, the enemy of Iran. Where would it figure in the mix? Think those who would attack Iran would not be giving carte blanche to the Saudis to rise among the ashes of the others? I don't pretend to know, but I am curious to see where this could lead.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

So as you can see by my two posts......there is enough internal chaos, change, distraction within all of the countries I've listed.

This promotes an opportune time for Radical Islamic Militant Terrorists with connections to Al Qaeda and a number of affiliates made up of disgruntled, delusioned unemployed, thugs, punks who have nothing to live for but to be a Martyr in their distorted view of the Quran where if you do not conform to their beliefs

So again, we are under the threat of a Terrorist attack by Militant Terrorists with connections to Al Qaeda and a number of affiliates. the remainder of the region, North Africa, Middle East is under it's own implosion turmoil, we have no need to attack, let them kill each other, in the meantime, we need to remain vigilant and focust on these Radicals.

If these places are going to implode by themselves, then why is the US still spending billions on involvement in Syria and Egypt etc? Controlled demolition?

You did not mention Saudi Arabia, the enemy of Iran. Where would it figure in the mix? Think those who would attack Iran would not be giving carte blanche to the Saudis to rise among the ashes of the others? I don't pretend to know, but I am curious to see where this could lead.

We are all waiting to see where this will lead. The U.S. gives money and support to more other countries, especially Africa in helping HELPING (aids, disease, hunger) than every other country combined.....so that answers why we try to help stabilize. As far as Saudi Arabia, that is a Kingdom...that over the last 4 decades is slowly changing, slowly implementing civil rights....slowly....they are behind the scenes, they are not, nor have they ever been OVERT in their actions......they wait...and help, discreetly. Not directed at you, but from all the threads I have seen and participated in, the majority ( don't mean to generalize, but from what I've seen) people almost are drooling for something to happen some where, they expect it, it is the new normal, tragedy, horrible humanity losses due to revolutions is Africa as an example, disease, hunger, abuse.....but the U.S. tries to help, really help...because we can and we believe in helping, stabilizing the world.......my take....I know that I will get hit on this.....go ahead...be negative. I love and treasure life...if we can stop these terrorists from killing people, then whatever means we have used to stop it
I'm all for it....I'm all in

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Don't worry, we're on to the Washington Post being sold.
This should make the terrorist story go away.
By next week we'll be back to Wiener snitzles and hurricanes

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

We are all waiting to see where this will lead. The U.S. gives money and support to more other countries, especially Africa in helping HELPING (aids, disease, hunger) than every other country combined.....so that answers why we try to help stabilize. As far as Saudi Arabia, that is a Kingdom...that over the last 4 decades is slowly changing, slowly implementing civil rights....slowly....they are behind the scenes, they are not, nor have they ever been OVERT in their actions......they wait...and help, discreetly. Not directed at you, but from all the threads I have seen and participated in, the majority ( don't mean to generalize, but from what I've seen) people almost are drooling for something to happen some where, they expect it, it is the new normal, tragedy, horrible humanity losses due to revolutions is Africa as an example, disease, hunger, abuse.....but the U.S. tries to help, really help...because we can and we believe in helping, stabilizing the world.......my take....I know that I will get hit on this.....go ahead...be negative. I love and treasure life...if we can stop these terrorists from killing people, then whatever means we have used to stop it
I'm all for it....I'm all in

All that money that is supposed to help places like africa and many of those people don't have water. Aid is a way to pay the corrupt and get their foot in the door and keep the havoc stirred up. Yeah, it's a great idea in theory but unfortunately those people have another agenda and it to maintain instability. I could list so many examples of known government funded "aid" that are some of the most destructive elements in some countries... but it's getting late and that would be quite a long post.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

The National Security Agency, which has been rocked by disclosures by former contractor Edward Snowden, intercepted the electronic messages in what appeared to be a rare security breach between the two senior Al Qaeda leaders. Some lawmakers have cited the successful collection and analysis of the communications as evidence that the NSA's surveillance programs must be preserved.

I am undecided as to what to believe. I think that we (or possibly an ally) might possibly be attacked soon but I also feel that the NSA is trying to be made the good guy and saying that their spying has identified a possible terror plot. Just horrible to have to think that our government might be faking a terror plot just to be made the good guy. We live in troubling times......

P.S: I literally made an account just to post this comment.
edit on 5-8-2013 by TheMidnightToker because: Needed to add something

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMidnightToker

The National Security Agency, which has been rocked by disclosures by former contractor Edward Snowden, intercepted the electronic messages in what appeared to be a rare security breach between the two senior Al Qaeda leaders. Some lawmakers have cited the successful collection and analysis of the communications as evidence that the NSA's surveillance programs must be preserved.

I am undecided as to what to believe. I think that we (or possibly an ally) might possibly be attacked soon but I also feel that the NSA is trying to be made the good guy and saying that their spying has identified a possible terror plot. Just horrible to have to think that our government might be faking a terror plot just to be made the good guy. We live in troubling times......

P.S: I literally made an account just to post this comment.

Hey there. I couldn't let your first ATS post be the last one in the thread now, could I? Welcome! (Yes I noticed it before you added the edit
)

You don't have to take a stance. There is enough propaganda, info and disinfo coming at us that the wisest opinion sometimes is to have none at all. Keep the mind and eyes open. Being right doesn't matter. Doing right does. Peace.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I couldn't agree more. Thank you

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I dont sense anything.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
OK STOP at this post and read it !

Read the first page of this thread.

Catch phrases .

"We can all agree"

"We"

"They"

"Us"

Thought manipulation by certain terms is greatly HEAVY in this thread.

PLEASE take with 10 TONS of salt !

I am not telling you to record names I am telling you to watch out for these catch phrases.

In this world changing event I am trying to help here. Especially if I find spoken words that reek of propaganda and manipulation.

ps. There are pre determined responses to remarks such as this, just be aware I say.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I know what it is. The world changing event is, we lost all our privacy.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

Has anyone noticed how the US gov't is desperately - yet very ineptly - trying to stir up anti-russian feelings?

Snowden's a traitor and russia took him in -

Russia's 2014 olympics in Sochi (which borders the Chechnyan region) is ANTI-GAY! They made up ANTI-GAY laws in Russia!!! Be angry and upset!

Russia is defending Assad, that dictactor who's killing his own people - with chemical weapons - and Russia is on their side!

We obviously need to go over there and kick Russia's Ass./sarcasm.

Helmutt is right - there will be war in Azerbiajian/Armenia (SP?)

But, US and Russia will be on the same side - not overtly, but covertly - those radical muslims must be defeated/sarcasm.

That's oil pipe line territory.

And Saudia Arabia has nothing to keep up their economy, except oil.

No, self reliant future for the US here.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Really solid reasoning there - I completely agree with your "gut feeling" about the next couple decades.

Definitely feel it coming... hoping for the best.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I hate to chime in late on my own thread... been one of those days... but you have to remember that TPTB are thinking in terms of asymmetric warfare. Speed, flexibility, precision, lethality in a global battle-space... the days of clearly drawn front lines are over... and have been for some time. The USAF can kill anyone, anywhere in about 13 hours. (I would know... trust me on that) That alone should be a very sobering thought... and if you really piss us off, you can be nuked in about 30 minutes. Take that little bit of information, and put it in the hands of a rogue government... and our current "leadership" falls into the most dangerous category of all... power hungry narcissists with zero regard for human life. They push their agendas with only two thoughts in mind... 1) Can we make a lot of money? 2) Can we get re-elected? That's it in a nutshell. Democrat, Republican, it makes no matter anymore. There is no "left", and there is no "right"... it is all indoctrination; carried forward by a complicit media. We see it every damned day, and yet, we do nothing... except flame each other on ATS and bitch about the mods "destroying our freedom of speech". I am sorry to say this, and condemn me if you will, but it is high time that we all wake the eff up. They are up to something... we know they are. We all feel it, we all sense it... it's high time we put an end to it.

edit on 6-8-2013 by madmac5150 because: Clarity of thought

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

reply to post by RageAgainstFascism

While it is tragic when unarmed civilians are injured and killed in war, civilian casualties are an undeniable cost of conflict. It has happened in all wars throughout history. The technology in use today does help to stop it to some extent, but, sadly, mistakes are still made. Your comment and query of, "There is nothing honorable about shooting unarmed, innocent civilians with an Apache helicopter. If this is their idea of spreading democracy and freedom, then I say: who are the real terrorists?" opens up a whole slue of counter-questions about terrorism.

What is honorable about killing thousands of civilians by flying aircraft into buildings (regardless of who you believe was behind the attacks)? What is honorable about suicide bombings in schools, markets, places of business, etc...? What is honorable about launching rockets and missiles with the intent of hitting civilian populations? What is honorable about using unarmed women and children as human shields? What is honorable about indoctrinating children and using them as soldiers? What is honorable about using schools, religious buildings, playing fields, hospitals, and other public structures to store weapons and mount attacks?

What creates the motivation to commit such acts?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
have not read all the replys so apologies if this already printed.

as someone points out in another thread it would appear HSBC is collapsing or in trouble. other banks are expected to follow. if this IS the big collapse, then war is the most likely outcome. its how the economy is usually restarted. does this agree with your spidey senses?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

Infinite growth collides with finite resources.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Considering our money is no longer backed by gold and is generally worthless and the fact the government is in such bad shape right now I would tend to agree with your post. I do believe the powers that be need the masses to accept and willingly continue to allow this all invasive surveillance program. How do you do that? You make everyone so afraid they won't care but will welcome such things.I recently watched a movie about the Mcarthy era and feel like we will soon be back there again. Neighbors spying on neighbors etc. It is amazing that one can be arrested and not given a right to an attorney. Both sides of the political parties are corrupt and both feed off of the masses.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join