It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we on the cusp of a world changing event?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
In my opinion, I don't think it's a FF as many seem to think. I think that the NSA will use it as justification to their spying.

Like another poster said, we will have to wait and see what develops in the next few weeks.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I want to put this up here, not to derail the OP, but to have some public record of the consequences that'll happen after this action takes place. (Whatever the action may actually be) Truth be told, I've been waiting for this to happen all year. (If, in fact this becomes what I believe it to be)

Damascus will be hit, either as a precursor, or in response to an attack on Israel. Damascus will be annihilated.

Israel will have a new DMZ that'll basically cover from the Nile to the Euphrates river.

Israel will either purify the Temple Mount OR after this event set up to build a third temple northwards in a city called Shiloh.

For those that think I am suffering from some form of mental illness, my premise comes from Isa. 17 (Damascus) Ps. 83 (The war itself & the list of nations involved) & the total area being DMZ'ed (for lack of a better term) Gen. 15:18.

I know this may seem off-topic to most, but I also know most ppl wanna know WHY things happen, and this is how I read it. My apologies if I have offended anyone.

Also, (fwiw) I believe this "war" will lead to either a global currency, or a 5 monied SDR which will ultimately lead to one currency.

/feel free to laugh

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends
But if I may, What plans do the Americans have in North Africa and in the Middle East that are not exactly going to plan? Except just hoping for stability and peace??

I think the American/NATO plan was that the region would settle down somewhat. I think they want compliant puppets in power in these countries. They don't want the sort of enforced unity that Saddam, Gaddafi, Mubarak and Assad achieved. That led to major problems for Western interests, problems of conflict between ably represented local interests and corporately represented international interests.

What they want is for the local puppets to be constantly challenged within their countries and too busy policing their own countries and dealing with disunity, to be bothered too much about national interests as they relate to the oil business.

Unfortunately for Western interests, there really is something to the Arab Spring. There have always been dissident elements in the countries of the Middle East and North Africa but this time it is different. The puppets in place are having real difficulties controlling the momentum of the movement.

Egypt is a good example of a country that is not a major player in the oil business except through control of the Suez Canal. The situation in Egypt is not going well for American interests. It appears as if the process through which that country is sifting through successors to Mubarak is in danger of producing another potential Nasser type, which would be a disaster for American interests in the region. It would be Gaddafi rebooted.

America has to be worried about this. The Arab Spring is starting to look like a tectonic shift in Middle Eastern politics.

And in your concluding statement, is it my understanding that you believe the U.S. Alerts about pending terrorist attack are just a false flag? And, that we are most likely going to attack Syria? and not Iran? What makes you come to that conclusion?

The connection between the "alerts" and the overall strategic developments mentioned in my previous post is not clear to me. Are resisters to American initiatives in the region going on the offensive on what might be, potentially, a very broad front? Are the Americans aware of this as a possibility? Is it the sort of intelligent response to the American challenge that might have been suggested by "advisors" from outside? I don't know.

I think that the Syria question must be settled in America's favor if possible. If it is not possible, then America's plans for Iran might not be achievable. "Kurdistan", if involved in an encroachment on western Iran, must not have a hostile Syria at its rear flank. This makes me think that we will see strong American action in Syria. If we don't, then the game is over for America in the region.

There is just too much at stake in that part of the world. I would love it if people just got realistic about oil resources and decided to share, not compete, for this essential resource, but psychologically, America is not ready to wake up and smell the coffee on this issue. I think a lot more blood is going to have to go down the drain before they give up their strategies related to the oil problem.

I don't know if you have seen the documentary Oil Smoke and Mirrors, but it is worth taking a look at for an explanation of the oil situation in the world and the American attitude to it.
edit on 5-8-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

Indeed, I truly believe the biggest motivation of this upcoming event is just to get rid of our old monetary system. They have to get rid of it, but keep control of the people.

If they would just let the financial world collapse there would be riots and uncontrolled population.

Truly to think this upcoming event, I just about Snowden, hilarious, the scale of it.

Also note, after years of media darkness, Yemen is finally getting attention, meanwhile Syria has been shut out completely.

Yemen is and will be the key player in unfolding events. I'm glad most people here seem to acknowledge the key factor of Yemen.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
This type of topic appears every week on ATS, somebody who "has a feeling". Nothing ever happens.

Sounds about right.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I think this is a smoke screen for the NSA. The Obama government has been saying that there is no big external terrorist threat to our country for years and now that the NSA has come under scrutiny all of a sudden we have a major threat uncovered. All at the same time as the anniversary of other attacks which if nothing happens they can say they avoided it by shutting everything down. I find it curious that they are hearing all this "chatter", these terrorist have learned from 911 investigations and the current spying scandal how to avoid "chatter". They are well funded and certainly not stupid.
Needles to say this will drum up support for all these alphabet agencies in congress just when they were coming under criticism.
How convenient.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
im so tired of these "are we on the crusp" , "something big is coming", "what are they preparing for" threads i dont even feel like going onto ATS anymore.

Seriously. Stop it.
Just my cents, dont excpect anyone to listen or to do what i say, just putting it out there.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I sure hop not OP, I just started my new job today

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

I have a friend that swears the original garden of eden came from that area, and all of this is just an attempt to return to a pre-antediluvian age. (Where "they" are the new masters)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I watched the Suspicious0bservers today and after he did the normal news thing he got a lot more serious
than usual skip to 2m 30s.

The last six minutes fits the "Are we on the cusp of a world changing event"
very well.

edit on 5/8/2013 by skuly because: im off to google agenda 21 back soon

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

I think USA is going through internal bickering. Logically USA should have acted on Syria a long time ago.

As more people get killed and more property gets destroyed, it becomes harder to transition Syria to a stable state.

USA has lost the initiative on Syria. Now Syria will stay into the civil war even after a US airstrike. The factions in Syrian civil war have hardened their stand, and it has become pretty much a fight to the finish.

There is no good option left in Syria now.

The only advantage USA/Israel has is that Iran cannot use Syria for a counter-strike on Israel (due to operation security problems), in case USA/Israel strike Iran. But this is a short term gain.

I see neither Syria nor Iran falling due to airstrikes. Eventually the whole region will be destabilized with unbearable violence throughout the middle east.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The answer to that question without reading anything more than the title itself, is always... yes!

S&F.

Now, back to read (this is a placeholder post).
edit on 8/5/2013 by SquirrelNutz because: back to Star and Flag

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This will become the fall of the great empire and the emergence of a new world leader. Or maybe just maybe the re emergence of an old empire. There will be a war started for sure. If they gonna survive this one i am not so sure.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Human events will come and go, War isn't world changing, neither are the ruminations of man or their subsequent actions....Truly world changing events are just under or around 2 decades away... On that you have my word.
To clarify Human changing events come and go... World changing events happen rarely and we are 2 decades away from such a rarity regardless of who THINKS they are in control due to their position, stature or current standing, your colour or your creed, the faithful or the faithless.

It may seem like the end but it won't be and on that you can also have my word.
edit on 5-8-2013 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

I agree. I do believe something is happening now, but honestly, in the grand scope of things, it's really just S.S.D.D. I doubt right now that we'll be plunged into World War, because the people who pull the strings politically don't want such a thing, because it would have happened already if they did.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
What really has me concerned is that supposedly, Osama received permission to use nuclear weapons on the west in 2004. It was a small blurb then and nothing much came from it but it's been in the back of my mind since I first read about it. Now that this new guy's in charge, I'm sure he's thinking "What can I do to make me as big as Osama!?"

www.talkleft.com...

AND.... my female boss, who I think is somewhat psychic, has us going over our Mass Casualty Kits in the downtown office (DC). I hope to GOD it's not one of her premonitions (again) that tend to be true....

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
I'm concerned because when i read about the jail breaks and the statements from al qaeda, I immediately figured that the CIA had a hand in this and that this is a response to the ousting of morsi. I'm now looking for huge violence in egypt and the US getting involved to lock it back down. They made a statement that the US ousted morsi, but I still think morsi was their guy. Waiting for the false flag attack now.

I just read an article that the US was going to try to work with the new Iranian president and I thought Great!... Then I was like "whuuu?" What if they want to intervene in Egypt without Iran getting involved and leading to the regional war we are expecting to happen any time now. I still think that Iran helped arrange the ousting of morsi. Not controlling Egypt through the guise of the Mb weakens Israel.

playing nice this week then next week BAM... something big happens.

i don't know... but then again, I'm pretty sure the confusion is quite deliberate.

Great minds. I too think that the timing is fascinating. Using a Muslim time of Ramadan fasting and prayer to break prisoners out of the jails of three countries would most definitely invite increased activity at the end of the month. Even I can see through that one.

As to which interests exactly were behind it, I really no longer care to speculate as there are probably many games and sub-scenarios taking place on all sides. All the false flags have honestly gutted me emotionally. When Sandy Hook reached into the deepest reaches of my gut whether a false flag or not, I realize how much the world is lacking empathy for the Syrian religious minority victims that include whole families and their little ones. I have no more emotional stamina for conflicts.

However I do agree with the OP's alerted Spidey-sense. We are all being played.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I believe we are.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Instead of sinking billions into ill-fated wars in the Middle East, we should pour it into developing our own shale oil deposits, building new refineries, and simply bankrupting the Middle East. It would accomplish the same goals a lot more diplomatically, and with the bonus of economic prosperity, jobs, and putting us back on top....but then again, what the hell do I know...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I think, there is more to it than meets the eye.
Closing down embassies is the main singularity here
and not a good one at that.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join