It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicola Tesla. Stifled Hero.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It's Nikola Tesla with a K. Not Nicola.

He was a great man who was way ahead of his time. A homosexual, a man with OCD and a man who slept 2 hours a night. Surely the quotes you pulled may be taken out of context. Towards the end of his life he was disgusted with the Jews, the rich and powerful.

I think you (phage) are jealous of him because he came from Eastern Europe and is not a "westerner" like some of your heroes.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Smartest Man in the World Espouses Virtues of Eugenics
Chris Langan is the World’s Smartest Man. That’s not an opinion, it’s a statement of fact. Mr. Langan’s IQ is nearly 200. Oh, and he’s spent 20 years being a bouncer at a bar. This guy has had a rough life. As a kid he was abused by other kids and even...

Anyway, having said all that, one problem I've noticed with extremely smart people is that they begin thinking that their one brain is actually more powerful than all the other brains around them combined. And Chris falls into this trap during the final video when he begins espousing the virtues of placing genetic controls on “human breeding”.

Yes, Phage most don't get it, but from a logical view point, you would want to bring out the best, the human has to offer, while breeding out the things , that would be found undesirable.
But said, it seems all things have limits, as the woman says " Now what the heck, am I suppose to do with that", which could be meant to mean something very tiny or something so large it was useless. It's like the white whale, you caught it but now what are you going to do with it.
Yes, some people just don't get it.

A intelligent society would want to weed out the weak, much as nature does on it's own, if you feed it, it will grow so kill it before it spreads.

Most of those complaining about this must have lower IQs. It's said Al Capone had a IQ of 90, but maybe that is after the Syphilis ate most of his brain, this would of been case of smaller inferior brain, due to it's ignorance accidentally killing the superior brain
You can't catch many fish in your backyard swimming pool, it would of been waste of time to try and tell him. I would of lowered the chlorine level in pool and stocked it with hungry fish, well if he had any dough left, right.

Motive a lot of smart people could support a lot more people, this is matter of fact, A few smart people figure out ways to make it easier for the masses to live.

But the real smart ones, don't do anything, except make you work and take all you money.
edit on 4-8-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Hmm...

Interesting thread topic, on many levels.

It goes without question Tesla was a genius, a man with vision and a great body of work. But I can honestly say I never once gave consideration to his person, his personality, or preference(s) outside of science. And to be honest, never really cared to. Now, in light of the premise that his eccentric lifestyle included an offense towards obesity and a proponent of population control, I still care not.

I am not sure anyone really held him up as a 'idol' with regards to the actual man (outside of his scientific contributions to mankind), as the op requires to have any validity, but even so I do not think the offense of disliking obesity, nor the insight realizing population control is perhaps a warranted concern, should detract from the amazing mind he was.

Taking his era in to context, the nature of eccentric genius, and the pale calmness of opinion, I simply fail to see how any of this is even remotely relevant to his accomplishment and the level of fame warranted. If he had killed villages of kids, puppies, and children, or perhaps had concentration camps where he facilitated human experimentation before killing off millions, then I could see that tarnishing his accomplishments and/or spoiling his name, but not this.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RamsOnTop

How do you know he was gay?
I have never heard this before, do you have link.
And yet he discovered AC and look at all the jokes that were started about not mixing AC and DC, who would of known.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The work of Nicola Tesla is often presented on ATS. The man is usually characterized as a stifled genius who's inventions would have set mankind free of the bonds of corporate and government greed and evil.

There is no doubt that he was a very talented man. While his grasp of more advanced science was often wacky (a firm believer in "ether"), his use of existing science did allow him to produce some ingenious inventions. It is true that our dependence upon electricity has much to do with his work.

But was Tesla really working for the good of all mankind? Maybe not. His writing seems to indicate something else. Here is a statement from the man himself:

The only method compatible with our notions of civilization and the race is to prevent the breeding of the unfit by sterilization and the deliberate guidance of the mating instinct, Several European countries and a number of states of the American Union sterilize the criminal and the insane. This is not sufficient.

www.pbs.org...
Those European countries he was taking about were those like Nazi Germany. Our hero was a eugenicist, in favor of selecting who should should be allowed to have children and who should not. For him "mankind" was a limited set of humans.

He didn't like fat people either, or those who dressed funny (in his opinion)

Tesla could be harsh at times, openly expressing disgust for overweight people, such as when he fired a secretary because of her weight.[187] He was quick to criticize clothing. On several occasions, Tesla directed a subordinate to go home and change her dress.[169]

en.wikipedia.org...-188

Do we really want to idolize a eugenicist? Was Tesla really working for the common man? Who knows what the true target of this inventive genius was?
edit on 8/3/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/3/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Ether: The light (electromagnetic waves) could not travel in space if there was no medium. Yes - there is something called dark matter (ultrafine neutral particles) which cannot be perceived by existing science.

Unfit people not allowed to have children: Criminals, diseased, perverts should not be allowed to have children. This is the right way and is according to God's laws.

Dress Sense: Why should anybody wear revealing clothes - man or woman? There is a purpose of clothing, which is not merely protection from the elements. A busy person and a scientist would like to concentrate on his work rather than stare at his secretary.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread, Phage. While I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, I think it is important to reflect on; It is highly suspected that Tesla had Asperger's Syndrome. Based on his own accounts and the accounts of others, Tesla had a heightened sense of hearing, a photographic memory (he would create every detail of his inventions in his mind and construct them without drawing), extreme OCD (e.g., he would uniformly stack his napkins at every meal), he was a recluse, and obviously, his invested interest in science and technology.

I think taking this aspect into consideration is import to gain a perspective of exactly what kind of person he was. You remember that college professor, or colleague if you were/are a graduate student, that had absolutely ZERO social skills? And didn't pick up on social cues? The computer tech that you always had an uncomfortable interaction with even though he seemed nice, and you tried your hardest to "have a normal conversation" with? --Asperger's.

These are the people WE have experiences with in our lives that are likely most-similar to how Tesla was. If you know anyone, or many, with Asperger's, you know that they are rarely, but sometimes can be mistaken as, sociopaths or narcissists (the type more likely to "have an agenda" for death, destruction and world domination). These people ARE WAYYY too invested in their work to concoct, or even have time for, a plan for world domination. Consequently, people with high functioning or severe Asperger's can be extremely boastful, eccentric and judgmental, especially towards other's in the same line of work who are not at their level of understand or quality - to me this is where his ideas on eugenics come into play (coupled with his more-than-likely lack of understanding of what is socially acceptable to speak openly about).

While I believe genocide is an awful awful thing, I agree with another poster that wanting to improve the gene-pool, as Tesla wanted, is not necessarily a bad thing. It's just that the means of doing is what can be terrible, and were probably not as well understood during his life as it is now. Obviously, he lived during a time when things like eugenics were more accepted by society, and speaking openly about opinions wouldn't get you blasted all over facebook and twitter.

Just look at where we are today; fewer and fewer people with above average IQs are having fewer and fewer offspring, while those with below average IQs are having more offspring. This can't be a good direction that our species is headed...
edit on 4-8-2013 by thepainweaver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

I am not sure anyone really held him up as a 'idol' with regards to the actual man (outside of his scientific contributions to mankind
You can be sure. Peruse other thread about him. Look closer at this thread.

I simply fail to see how any of this is even remotely relevant to his accomplishment and the level of fame warranted.
It isn't. It's two separate issues and I've tried to make that clear. The inventions are one thing. The man is something else.

The trouble is, apparently with the exception of Tesla, the "philosophy" of the scientist or inventor is of importance for some reason. "Yeah, well he was a nazi." "Yeah, that guy NWO for sure. Look, he was a eugenicist!" Sanger! Burn the witch!

See how it works? Proof of a "bad guy" is that he was a eugenicist. Point out Tesla was a eugenicist and guess what happens? You get apologists (everyone thought that way) and people who support eugenicist whole heartedly.

See the problem? I think some people have picked up on it but a lot (Tesla groupies in particular) have missed the point entirely.

All in all it's been a pretty interesting thread. I'm frankly surprised at the support there seems to be on ATS for forced sterilization.

It's exactly about separating the work from the philosophy. The man from the myth. And there is more than enough myth to go around when it comes to Tesla. Tesla was a great inventor. You may want to reconsider your opinion of you think he was a great man. His idea of "all mankind" did not necessarily include you.

edit on 8/4/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

And yet he discovered AC
Myth.
www.magnet.fsu.edu...

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia

The work of Nicola Tesla is often presented on ATS. The man is usually characterized as a stifled genius who's inventions would have set mankind free of the bonds of corporate and government greed and evil.

There is no doubt that he was a very talented man. While his grasp of more advanced science was often wacky (a firm believer in "ether"), his use of existing science did allow him to produce some ingenious inventions. It is true that our dependence upon electricity has much to do with his work.

Ether: The light (electromagnetic waves) could not travel in space if there was no medium. Yes - there is something called dark matter (ultrafine neutral particles) which cannot be perceived by existing science.

Unfit people not allowed to have children: Criminals, diseased, perverts should not be allowed to have children. This is the right way and is according to God's laws.

Dress Sense: Why should anybody wear revealing clothes - man or woman? There is a purpose of clothing, which is not merely protection from the elements. A busy person and a scientist would like to concentrate on his work rather than stare at his secretary.

They have never proven that dark matter exist, if it were to exist it is far from neutral, since is said to be holding universe together or something of that sort If anything I would think all Dark matter really is, just dark gravity, which like regular gravity, they don't understand or know much of nothing about.

What bible do you read I have not seen this said in Bible and or God's Law. Thou bad person shall not breed or have sex, so I have written, is My Law.

If you were a naked scientist why would you look at your naked secretary unless she was in season, to wit she should be at home procreating,.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

reply to post by OOOOOO

And yet he discovered AC
Myth.
www.magnet.fsu.edu...
SO he wass gay?
Any other links on this.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I am not sure anyone really held him up as a 'idol' with regards to the actual man (outside of his scientific contributions to mankind
You can be sure. Peruse other thread about him. Look closer at this thread.

I simply fail to see how any of this is even remotely relevant to his accomplishment and the level of fame warranted.
It isn't. It's two separate issues and I've tried to make that clear. The inventions are one thing. The man is something else.

The trouble is, apparently with the exception of Tesla, the "philosophy" of the scientist or inventor is of importance for some reason. "Yeah, well he was a nazi." "Yeah, that guy NWO for sure. Look, he was a eugenicist!" Sanger! Burn the witch!

See how it works? Proof of a "bad guy" is that he was a eugenicist. Point out Tesla was a eugenicist and guess what happens? You get apologists (everyone thought that way) and people who support eugenicist whole heartedly.

See the problem? I think some people have picked up on it but a lot (Tesla groupies in particular) have missed the point entirely.

All in all it's been a pretty interesting thread. I'm frankly surprised at the support there seems to be on ATS for forced sterilization.

It's exactly about separating the work from the philosophy. The man from the myth. And there is more than enough myth to go around when it comes to Tesla. Tesla was a great inventor. You may want to reconsider your opinion of you think he was a great man. His idea of "all mankind" did not necessarily include you.

I guess the problem here is the word 'eugenicist'. The word simply can not be used as a all encompassing, blanket term with a singular meaning as you may like it to be with regards to this thread. To some, it will evoke and/or take on a meaning built on selfish and self-serving motive, a proactive and deliberate action to depopulate society/humanity what you deem unfit, much like the Nazi regime did with the Jews. I'm sure Hitler and his minions believed they were "improving the quality of the human race, selective breeding" but there was little doubt that their self serving motive was of less noble means.

In Teslas case, I believe he was simply looking this as a honest 'study of methods of improving the quality of the human race, by selective breeding' without any regard towards self-serving wants/needs or other nefarious matters at hand. Not to say it is right, but clearly different.

I will concede to the point that some may have idolized him, and separating myth from fact is important in all aspects of life. I just can not see how any of this should negate his current fame and appreciation of accomplishment. It simply does not have the applicable weight to tarnish that.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

But for all piratical purposes he put it to use and had to of invented the 3 phase, 3 phase motor and dynamo, I have a great deea of envy of Tesla, to have such a great understanding of electricity.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

But for all piratical purposes he put it to use and had to of invented the 3 phase, 3 phase motor and dynamo,
Yes. He was a very good inventor.
Let's leave the myth out of it. Ok?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
If Tesla were alive today he would be a progressive liberal democrat, but that being said, he had it over Edison. We would all be using DC current today, have no computers, space program, radio, Tv, or much of anything else. He was a genius. He may have had bad ideas on society and ethics as some do today, but at least he was a genius.

edit on 4-8-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I just can not see how any of this should negate his current fame and appreciation of accomplishment. It simply does not have the applicable weight to tarnish that.

And that is not the point of the thread. As I have repeatedly pointed out.
The trouble is there is a knee jerk reaction to the thought that Tesla just possibly was not a really wonderful human being. That his ideas of "all mankind" are not the same as ours...well... some of ours. The myth is so ingrained.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I just can not see how any of this should negate his current fame and appreciation of accomplishment. It simply does not have the applicable weight to tarnish that.

And that is not the point of the thread. As I have repeatedly pointed out.
The trouble is there is a knee jerk reaction to the thought that Tesla just possibly was not a really wonderful human being. That his ideas of "all mankind" are not the same as ours...well... some of ours. The myth is so ingrained.

Hence the problem!! You've brought forth an idea, have supported it with a set of facts (those facts are read, understood and weighed against the full story of Tesla's life and accomplishments) and after reviewing your consideration, it appears most people are of the opinion that Tesla's scientific brilliance significantly outweighs and dims any negative light upon his evolving thoughts on the advancement of culture. Right? this is a 'you' decide thread based upon what has been presented and discussed. Seems like most people are willing to give Tesla the benefit of the doubt and still classify him as brilliant, innovative, unique, genius. That's how I see it!! up:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Right? this is a 'you' decide thread based upon what has been presented and discussed. Seems like most people are willing to give Tesla the benefit of the doubt and still classify him as brilliant, innovative, unique, genius.
Um..sort of.
But there has never been any claim that he was not that. Has there?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Right? this is a 'you' decide thread based upon what has been presented and discussed. Seems like most people are willing to give Tesla the benefit of the doubt and still classify him as brilliant, innovative, unique, genius.
Um..sort of.
But there has never been any claim that he was not that. Has there?

umm, but, within this thread, we who chose to investigate the matter and have made a decision based upon our own knowledge of the facts......have come to the larger consensus that Tesla was a brilliant scientist who invented amazing things and was a man ahead of his time, and his thoughts on other topics, although controversial today, were just thoughts he mused about along with many others, but his focus was on electricity, it's wireless capability and thoughts on how to make war obsolete.......all considered.....a man to be admired.
edit on 4-8-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Yes. A man to be admired for his accomplishments.
Not a hero. Not to me anyway. His disregard for the most basic of human rights won't allow me to put him on that pedestal.
I don't think I'd invite him over for dinner but I'll use his motors.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join