It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicola Tesla. Stifled Hero.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

it's sure generated a lot of flags and stars...

not from me Themagus LOL you think he loves the attention? doubt it.
bet his head is done in.sick to death of "where is phage" "please phage answer me!" ya get my drift.

did you know there is a virus named phage? its self replicating.
the man himself even regarded his online persona as nothing more than a virus.

idol worship indeed.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4/8/2013 by stealthyaroura because: phage virus

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That was un-expected and I'm surprised!. Thank you for this information phage

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by instigatah

if we go down this road to its ultimate destination we shall have no heroes at all

Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by purplemer

What is your problem with eugenics..

You did not provide and example of eugenics.
Eugenics is the concept of "culling" by not allowing those considered by...someone...unfit to reproduce.

It does not have to mean that. Why are you mentioning culling. In the extracts you provided from Tesla there is no mention of culling. In the extract I provided from Dawkins there is no mention of culling and in the dictionary definition below there is no mention of culling..

So again I ask what is you problem with eugenics.

noun ( used with a singular verb ) the study of or belief in the possibility of improving the qualities of the human species or a human population, especially by such means as discouraging reproduction by persons having genetic defects or presumed to have inheritable undesirable traits (negative eugenics) or encouraging reproduction by persons presumed to have inheritable desirable traits (positive eugenics)

dictionary.reference.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

In the extract I provided from Dawkins there is no mention of culling and in the dictionary definition below there is no mention of culling..
That's why I put it in quotation marks. You notice that Dawkins does not talk about forced sterilization of the "unfit".

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
No matter what he was or was not as a man. His genius was way beyond his time frame here on earth. He could do stuff that we still today do not even 100% understand never mind able to reproduce. He was a genius in the wrong era.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Pressurecoocker

He could do stuff that we still today do not even 100% understand never mind able to reproduce.
I would argue that point but it's not really the topic.

Haven't seen anyone diminish his contributions to our modern world in this thread.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No Dawkins talks about the forced selection of the fit.. It is still however eugenics. Again I ask do you have a problem with Eugenics.
edit on 4-8-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

We are the only race on earth who goes against nature. We protect the weak and allow them to breed. Weak breed weak. Nature does not like that. Just saying

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

No Dawkins talks about the forced selection of the fit.
What does that mean?

Again I ask do you have a problem with Eugenics.
Yes. Why do you capitalize it? Are you in favor of it?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

I believe George Carlin said it the best..."Jesus lord,protector of all that is good and holy..deliver me from fat people in short pants"
and usually they got their "offspring" with them..."and their all wearing the tee shirt that says..i'm with stupid...apparently,the stupids are and extended family"
hey...wasn't me...i'm just quoting someone
..hey...I will admit...i'm not the "picture" of the perfect male specimen...but....i 'm in my 40's....and...i'm in a lot better shape than 90% of the people I went to high school with..

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Pressurecoocker

yes...I believe it is call..."survival of the the fittest"....I'm pretty sure it is why we are the dominant hominids and not the neanderthals
"however I have ran into a few "Emmy award winners" that fit the description of a neanderthal to a tee

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No Dawkins talks about the forced selection of the fit.

What does that mean?

The forced selection of the fit. It selection and breeding of particular traits. These traits in nature are forced upon the off spring.

Yes. Why do you capitalize it? Are you in favor of it?

I do not have a particularly strong stance either way. However I am aware that is will become an common trait in human society as technology improves. We are already seeing the unborn being screened for illnesses and the advent of designer babies is just around the corner.

I am also aware that is Darwinism that paved the road for the modern day Eugenics movement and Eugenics is a scientific movement. Would you negate science because of this or the scientists involved.

I do not really understand why you made this thread we are aware that scientific racism was rife in the period of the life of Tesla. The such views where the common notion of the time and from this you decide to pick one scientist and vilify him for the for the views of a paradigm.

Scientific racism was most common during the New Imperialism period (c. 1880s – 1914) where it was used in justifying White European imperialism. Since the later 20th century, scientific racism has been criticized as obsolete and as historically used to support or validate racist world-views, based upon belief in the existence and significance of racial categories and a hierarchy of superior and inferior race

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-8-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Wow, what a weird thread...

Tesla is idolized due to his scientific/engineering achievements and by the fringe crowd for his eccentricity (free energy stuff and co), and not for his political, social or personal attitude. IMHO.

So what is the point of this thread? How does it relate to science and technology?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

The forced selection of the fit. It selection and breeding of particular traits. These traits in nature are forced upon the off spring.
And Dawkins advocates forcing a certain woman have children by a certain man? Wow. I don't like that idea either.

The such views where the common notion of the time and from this you decide to pick one scientist and vilify him for the for the views of a paradigm.
Yes a common view but were many at the time who saw it for what it was and fought against it. Please show me where I have "vilified" Tesla in this thread? I don't think that "deheroizing" someone is exactly the same as vilification.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Just btw keeping the weak at acceptable levels (culling) do very much happen. Our governments with tptb is keeping the weak in check. It is called war. Work out the % for yourself how many high ranking military personell is there you know generals, est against the weak normal soldiers, low level ranks soldiers. How many high ranking people die in a war against the footsoldiers.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
And you thought war was just there to make the rich richer. Also use as a effective tool to use to thin out the weak. That way the rich do not have to spend so much on things like obamacare to look after the weak

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

And Dawkins advocates forcing a certain woman have children by a certain man? Wow. I don't like that idea either.

I am sure you are aware that these views do not necessarily mean that a women is forced to have sex with a certain man. It can be done with genetic selection or embryo screening..

You are picking on an individual and saying that his personal opinions are incorrect without putting it into perspective of the age he was living in. No where have you said that his views where common at the time. That they where socially accepted, taught in schools and considered the norm..

Eugenics was widely accepted in the U.S. academic community.[6] By 1928 there were 376 separate university courses in some of the United States' leading schools, enrolling more than 20,000 students, which included eugenics in the curriculum.[12]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This thread is ridiculous Phage.

We've done eugenics on plants and animals for millenniums and with mostly good results.
Who care if the man believed in eugenics, hell, you even defend GMO's which are even worst than eugenics!
What's so different, oh right, it's not done on humans.

Scientifically and logically eugenics is a great idea.
Socially, well not so much and I understand this emotional response very well don't worry.

Saying we should dismiss him because of that trait is plain ridiculous and even you know it, you are just pushing main stream science because that's your faith. That's what you believe in and mainstream science have continuously disregarded Tesla because it's clear that their is an agenda of constant control put in place by the elite. Your disregard for Tesla is like the disregard of Buddha from a Christian's point of view.

Tesla was a real scientist. Yes he had beliefs that we're. and still are. out of the norm but civilization needs people like that. And the established scientific order of half BS need people like you to keep tight control over free thinking.

Your attacks considering Tesla's belief on eugenics is really low even for your standards.
edit on 4-8-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join