It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans committed the worst genocide in world history

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by crazyewok

Our dirty pasts....as evidenced by the fact that we are humans.

All humans have the capacity for what we call "evil". In the grand scheme of things....it was just another Tuesday in the Universe.

No agreed. My problem is Americans and "others" that state they are exempt from this and that they are somehow moraly superior.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by crazyewok

Ah I"m Canadian.

We have carried out a 400 year genocide on our native American population . I'm actively involved with our local Aboriginals in matters that they care about. Fracking for example.

I'm not pushing the blame to somebody else, I'm simply stating that the genocide was started and mostly carried out by imperialists from nations of France and Britain.

The subsequent cultural destruction was carried out by those who lived there and yes 'Americans' are responsible just like 'Canadians' are here for not standing up and doing something about it, when it would have mattered.

~Tenth

I agree with started. But I disagree with "mostly".

Both partys before and after independance are to blame equaly.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

To claim people should be sorry because you feel guilt is arrogant and selfish. This 'new' topic for you has been acknowledged and felt and dealt with by most people who've dabbled at all in history and have any critical thinking skills at all. Discussing it without trying to evoke shame is fine; but you just want to 'blame and shame', literally wanting people to feel bad about something.

I think you may have hit on the most important issue here ~ the inability of so many Americans to feel anything at all, including shame or blame unless it is something that hurts them personally and then they merely lash out at others rather than looking inward. Perhaps way too many of us have even lost the ability to feel happiness for more than a few moments at a time.

No one expects you to feel empathy for these people seeing's how you've not been called upon to undergo any of the miseries suffered by them for so long, up to and including today. But to show some concern and sympathy for people who have lost everything worth having over a five hundred year span is appropriate, particularly when you're benefitting from their losses every single day of your life, even when you didn't personally DO it to them.

Its only arrogant and selfish to know that others have been seriously injured by the actions of your government and your people, including your current representatives, and not feel ... well, something besides resentment toward those who ask why you feel nothing.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingHuman

Originally posted by SlyGuy

I do not feel guilt for actions that my ancestors didn't take part in.
Have you reasd any posts in this thread? They all say the same (almost).

Don't tell me anything about Egypt's Pharaohs - if you want me to feel "guilty". This is silly.

?

I don't want anyone to feel guilty. That's my point, it's ludicrous to expect a modern human to take responsibility for actions that occurred before their lifetime.

link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

How anyone can be proud to be from the UK..

I am very proud of being both British and English....doesn't mean to say that I'm proud of everything relating to 'our' history - but where is the relevance to this thread other than spewing anti-British bigotry?

that is the lowest.

How come?

They are literally living on the bones of those they plundered. They are still stealing from the mouths of the worlds poor.

I have never 'plundered' anything in my life and I've never stolen a thing off a poor person in my life.

How do you come to this assumption about everyone living in the UK today?

Anyone who thinks the crown is "just a figure head"..

She is....but you appear to know better than I and the many millions who actually live in the UK......care to explain how you come to such a qualified opinion?

....have to be the new LOWEST IQ category term

Actually, I have quite a high IQ - not that I see any relevance or importance in that.

Your post is probably one of the best examples I've witnessed recently of the utter bollocks that seems to becoming increasingly common here on ATS.
Nothing but assumptions and bigoted opinions with absolutely no reasoning or supportive evidence - just a statement that is nothing but hateful nonsense.

Anyone wondering why 'Americans' have such a poor reputation outside the USA only needs to read this thread, it's full of either self-hate, sheer ignorance, an outright refusal to even acknowledge any wrong doings and a blind faith in The Founding Fathers and The Land Of The Free.

Fortunately I'm aware that not all Americans fall into those categories.

link   
Blaming Americans today on the genocide of our lands former inhabitants is a bit like blaming a fetus for the morphology of its mothers womb. It's idiotic.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Cristobal Colon the serendipitous, gold hungry mass murderer / Christopher Columbus the intrepid explorer.

Fact / fiction.

link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by crazyewok
Sorry America you cant wiggle out of this one.

Nobody is trying to wiggle out of anything. Conversely, No need to dredge up ghosts of Christmas past either which nobody here this day and age had anything to do with.

It goes both ways eh?

No I agree no one should be blameing anyone who exists now for things past.

But there are people who are trying to ignore or alter past facts to make there country seem "better" or more "moral".

Thats the problem. We should all accept our countrys dirty pasts and not try to hide or evade it.

link   

Originally posted by Skjord

So why do the Jews get their own country after a genocide, but other cultures or races don't? Maybe because their more white then Asians or Natives?

Yes, Why?

The United Nations should mandate a country for each of the tribes.

Why do "Indian Nations" not show on a map of the US?

Are they sovereign or not?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
Thats the problem. We should all accept our countrys dirty pasts and not try to hide or evade it.

What problem?

A thread which makes a BS claim about Americans committed the worst genocide in world history which is total crap and nowhere near historically accurate and the OP even knows it yet the thread still meanders about as if there is any real point other than pointing to the more negative aspects in American history.

Just another Negative attention grabbing thread is all.

Controversy sells is all I'm gleaning from this fiasco....

edit on 3-8-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

I have never met and do not know any of my ancestors who did anything
to any of your ancestors who you have never met
and do not know either so man up and get over it.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlyGuy

I don't want anyone to feel guilty. That's my point, it's ludicrous to expect a modern human ....

I have read 80 times now, one should not be "blamed", or "made to feel guilty".

I have not read a single time, "you personally are to be blamed", or "you should feel guilty".

This is how disinformation works.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pryed -eyed-one
Blaming Americans today on the genocide of our lands former inhabitants is a bit like blaming a fetus for the morphology of its mothers womb. It's idiotic.

How about post natal morphology, does that count? How about illegal abductions of children from their homes and beating them if they spoke their native tongue, among other physical abuses, including death? That's what was idiotic.

TORONTO - An intensive review of Ontario records has so far turned up more than 100 possible cases of previously unidentified child and youth deaths linked to Indian residential schools, the province's chief coroner said Thursday.

Among other things, the commission's "Missing Children Project" has been trying to come to grips with the large number of aboriginal children who died or went missing while in the care of the scores of government-funded, church-run residential schools, the last of which shut down in the 1990s.

In all, about 150,000 aboriginal children were forced to leave their communities for the schools in an effort to assimilate them into mainstream Canadian society. By some estimates — especially prior to the 1940s — mortality rates reached 50 per cent.
www.huffingtonpost.ca...

And in the US we had the Carlisle Schools and others doing the same things to innocent children.

Oh, and speaking of wombs, tens of thousands of those body parts were surgically removed from Indian women so those "ten little Indian boys" would become a whole lot fewer little Indian boys.

The sterilizations were carried out with federal funding by the Indian Health Service (IHS) through coercion or without the knowledge or consent of the victims. As documents revealed, this forced sterilization program was carried out by the IHS under the leadership of the BIA.

A 1974 study found that 42% of Native American women of child bearing age had been sterilized. And, not surprisingly, the Bureau of Census Reports documented a steep decline in Native American births between 1960 and 1980.

www.indybay.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingHuman
This is how disinformation works.

Americans committed the worst genocide in world history

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

there is a current genocide in America on the unborn
to the tune of about 90,000,000 dead.
do something about that as it concerns the present and the future and not the past.

Doubt that you will admit that an unborn child can be killed though, right?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

A thread which makes a BS claim about Americans committed the worst genocide in world history which is total crap and nowhere near historically accurate

Then why don't you correct the numbers for me? What are your numbers?

What was it, an accident?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

You're the one making the claim not me.

Post the numbers to support your claim.

And while you're doing so acknowledge which American Country was involved and when they broke away from their European yoke while you're at it.

Historical Context

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirited75

there is a current genocide in America on the unborn to the tune of about 90,000,000 dead.
do something about that as it concerns the present and the future and not the past.
Doubt that you will admit that an unborn child can be killed though, right?

Not that this has anything to do with this thread, you have tunnel vision, you can see only D vs R. Do you think the Indians who were killed, or died of a plague, cared if you were D or R?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Is there anyone here who wholeheartedly believes we would have a better america, or track record or whatever if the actions leading up until now were different? What is the point here truthfully? If that diddnt happen then a different set of events would have led up to a different present. That's all. I've lived in this country my whole life and have seen a lot of problems with it. But this seems like pure bull# to me plain and simple. Seems like alot of people here are only happy when stressing themselfs out over things like this. Forget the past. The present creates the past and the future. Use the present for a better future instead of a #ty past I say.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

You're the one making the claim not me.
Post the numbers to support your claim.
And while you're doing so acknowledge which American Country was involved and when they broke away from their European yoke while you're at it.

Have you bothered to read my OP? There is a link.

"European yoke"? What, you don't like the Europeans? Who do you like?

If you are disputing my numbers and you don't give yours - you have NO credibility.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join