It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans committed the worst genocide in world history

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by KnowledgeSeeker81

No he doesn't read.

He just makes up things based on his own beliefs.

That's all I got from this thread.

Thanks for the honest discussion OP

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SammyB0476

Maybe you are just looking for a reason to feel guilty. Do I hold a grudge against the Comanche of today? No, hell, I am part Comanche too.

You have tunnel vision. It's always about feeling, guilty, blamed etc. You are part Comanche and you don't feel guilty, then why do you ascribe it to me?

The fact is, I think you are being naive (at best) or intellectually dishonest(at worst) to truly compare the deaths of the Indians at the hands of the settlers to the atrocities that Hitler, Mao and Stalin committed.

Why? Hitler or Stalin probably didn't kill anybody themselves, either. Of course it is not the same situation. That is what a comparison is all about.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel

Yeah numbers are not your forte obviously.
You came up with outrageous numbers and said "Americans committed the worst genocide in history"
Meanwhile, everything you posted was completely made up and not anywhere close to being true and as I pointed out earlier, the time was long before the United States was even born and had nothing to do with it.
Then you go on and excuse hitler, Stalin and Mao of their democide and the holocausts hundreds of millions.
Yeah I see the point in your thread. Clear as day.
You are an attention whore and a not very intelligent one at that. You might wont to go and study history as you said that was you're intention in writing this garbage. Because if I had a crystal ball, I would think it would tell ,me that someday you will be guilty of the finger pointing at others and the crimes against humanity that you supposedly despise.
I personally think you are frothing at the mouth in hopes for another holocaust.
Sick, sick behavior.

Can't you argue the substance, you attack the messenger. Old tactic.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by paganini

Probably because humans as a species are violent? Its in our nature and we see this behavior it in the great apes we evolved from. Nothing exactly complex about answering this

We are all savages, everybody kills everybody else. Genocides? No big deal then.

And it not our fault, its nature. Thanks for your input.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingHuman

Originally posted by paganini

Probably because humans as a species are violent? Its in our nature and we see this behavior it in the great apes we evolved from. Nothing exactly complex about answering this

We are all savages, everybody kills everybody else. Genocides? No big deal then.

And it not our fault, its nature. Thanks for your input.

No again

there is no We

I have never killed anyone therefore i can not feel responsible for the murder of anyone. Thisis the thought process of someone who is a sane individual

My answerto your question was simple because their was a simple solution. Our war like nature goes all the way back to our most primitive animal ancestors therefore it is silly to expect a profound answer in something that is based around something primal and crude.

As far as genocides being a big deal. Sure they are.Was the Native american genocide the gold medalist in The oppression Olympics that youre attempting to wage in this thread? No.

You would be aware of this if your knowledge of history and ability to read and grasp of basic math wasnt so poor

I like how you avoided the rest of my post btw. See what happens when you make sweeping generalizations?
edit on 3-8-2013 by paganini because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2013 by paganini because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I wont get into the source of your numbers, but I will take issue with your categorization of the offenders as "American",

American as such did not exist at the time.

The offenders are "European" in general, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian more specifically. British and French later.

The numbers you quote could possibly be on the low side, if you take into consideration the devastation of the 15th century pandemics caused by post Columbian exposure.

That is not to excuse the later tragedies that could be defined as American against the Native population, right up to today.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Your thread does merit discussion and is often something that is forgotten or glossed over. However some context should be provided rather than ham-fisted comparisons between other regimes from other times.

I am currently reading Blood Lands: Europe between Hitler and Stalin and the author says that in the so called "Bloodlands" that is Poland, the Baltic states, Belarus, Ukraine, the Nazi and Soviet regimes were responsible for around 14 million deaths between them. That's civilian deaths, through deliberate starvation policies, shootings and then ultimately as with the Nazis, gassing.

Communist China's horrific death toll under Mao is because of the great famine which was caused by insane policies.

As for Native Americans many of them were wiped out by diseases to which they had no immunity. There were certainly other instances of massacres (many which were disingenuously called battles at the time) or deliberate policies where Natives where forcibly removed from their land and homes and shunted off to backwater scrub land. However a comparison of Nazi Germany's policies in the East and America's westward expansion is worthwhile. Hitler often compared his vision for the German settling of eastern European and Russian lands as the same as America's westward expansion. He said that the river Volga would be the Mississippi of the east and that the local population would ultimately be treated like the "red-skins."

There is a book (which I haven't read) The American West and the Nazi East: A Comparitive and Interpretive Perspective. It seems very interesting though.

It seems to me like a deflection of the topic when people mention about how many the British or Spanish killed and it just degenerates into a numbers game. As the Americans were the ones who spread out to cover and master the whole continent, I believe they bear much of the responsibility.

As with many other American wars and conflicts, racism played a huge part. Atrocities were committed and Natives were in many cases treated as animals or "savages." This should be remembered and I think on the whole it's acknowledged much more these days than say several decades ago.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

Thanks for the thread. I wish I can give more than a star and flag, but honestly I get to hyped up with this sort of conversation.

I just wanted to come in and show support, even if its misunderstood, its still a subject that should be discussed.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
"As an American I am not happy to write this. But I do because it is the truth."

This is a very good thought. I still believe there are many wonderful Americans. But it's still bewildering to me the inability of "White America" to accept its past mistakes or dark history. Mind you, this genocide against other peoples and nations is an exclusive phenomenon of the so-called 'white' populations. "So-called", because I don't believe in 'RACES'. Whether Americans, British, Beligians,Germans, Spanish, they all crossed over wide oceans to exterminate a large number of natives. Many still live in DENIAL.I hope there is still eough time left for them to REPENT.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
This is the history Americans are not taught...

Nor are they taught the history that, the "founders" (or conquerers is what they REALLY are) are not even "American". Where do you think those white people came from and WHY? They came from the British Empire, ordered to expand the empire to the WEST lands under the Royal order.

So Americans are really European decent. George Washingston was a 33rd degree Mason, which means him and his followers were into esoteric and occult knowledge. Which is why Washingston DC is geometrically constructed the way it is (do your own research).

Look at the creepy mural of G.W. In the dome of the Whitehouse. You will get my drift.

American people today have NO understanding or care for their real history, which is darker then Hitler and his reign. The Royal bloodlines take expanding their empire SERIOUSLY, no matter the cost, no matter how much blood needs to be spilled. Have things really changed since then?

Look at Iraq/Afghan. . So much INNOCENT people being raped, murdered, shot dead like target practise by these robotic and sick-hearted Americans.. Who are "Serving their country"... What a load of bullpoop. All because of a couple towers? That were orchastrated by a specific characters anyways..

But America is the land of the free and proud right? ...

Wake up call

edit on 3-8-2013 by covertpanther because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicus

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't feel guilty.

You should be sorry. We are talking about millions of people killed, entire civilizations wiped out, by your ancestors and mine.

Why should I feel sorry? I wasn't there, I had no control over what happened to the Native population. If I have some responsibility for what happened to the Native Americans (the only circumstance under which I should feel 'sorry' about it), then am I also to assume some guilt for the Holocaust? I do have German ancestry, after all. Where does responsibility end, according to this way of thinking? Feeling sorry for something over which you have no control over, no input on, and no ability to mitigate isn't compassion, it's psychosis.

And you don't even ask yourself why?

Actually, I do...but that's not the same thing as feeling sorry about it. Trying to understand history is one of several things that we don't do enough of. I'm going to skip the almost-obligatory quote from George Santayana, simply because we've all heard it often enough. Trying to make sure that we don't make the same mistakes again is a really good idea...but to repeat my point above, trying to understand and avoid an act isn't the same as feeling sorry for it.

Maybe you have never been on the "other side" of history.

You do know what a sharecropper is, or do you? The biggest difference between a sharecropper and a slave in some parts of the south was that there was a legal and constitutional end to slavery, but sharecropping stayed legal. I *personally* haven't been on the 'other side' of history (an interesting idea, in that history doesn't have 'sides', it simply is), but I'm three generations removed from a life of near starvation, living in tar-paper shacks with no available education, medical care, or social safety net. I suppose I could, were I so inclined, be really, really angry at the men who ground my great-grand parents into the dust, but I'd rather simply get on with *my* life, rather than collecting extra misery from the generations that came before me.

Mathew 6:34 talks about tomorrow..."Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of it selfe: sufficient vnto the day is the evil thereof"...but the same could be said just as well about yesterday. Don't pick up the evil from yesterday....today has plenty of its own.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leonidas

I will take issue with your categorization of the offenders as "American",
American as such did not exist at the time.
Not American? I pointed out that the wars against the Natives (that are listed in Wiki) lasted during 20 American Presidents' administrations. I repeat, 20. American. Presidents.

The brainwashing did miracles on you.
edit on 3-8-2013 by ThinkingHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
They weren't really Americans then, they were 'proto-Americans', made up of invading Europeans. It's a little like saying todays German's killed all those poor Jews.

But, sure, those proto-American's were a bunch of ruthless #s!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

50 million were did you get that from

While it is difficult to determine exactly how many Natives lived in North America before Columbus,[5] estimates range from a low of 2.1 million (Ubelaker 1976) to 7 million people (Russell Thornton) to a high of 18 million (Dobyns 1983).

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Well, I am part German, Polish, Irish and Blackfoot Native American. I just kicked my @ss for the atrocities my ancestors committed to my ancestors! What is the point here to this post? This happened in America's history, as has and will continue to occur all around the world. Let's learn from our past and work to prevent it from happening again in this country. Just saying.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
America is by its very nature inclined towards fascism.

There is no other country in this world that invests so much in propaganda through film, music, the social media and other means of communication than the United States, while systematically infringing every rule, moral or politics of freedom and justice it advocates and claims to defend.

America is not a country, it's a business.
edit on 3-8-2013 by RageAgainstFascism because: Added content

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RageAgainstFascism

I like how you put that

America is an order by the Royal bloodline to expand the Empire. At least, then, it was. Now. .. No one has any idea what America really is.

The country has turned into a blind-monster that feeds on itself while spreading its tentacles across the globe. Those 'steering the ship' or the controllers of America, are steering it into a pit of Hell. But they wont be joining everyone in the chaos and destruction..

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Americans have legally murdered 40+ million since Roe v Wade. I'm sure there won't be a thread condemning those actions. There is nothing we can do about the past, stop the murder in the present.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Thanks for that. The British top the number the one that I quoted:

Consider Britain alone: It killed or allowed to die by way of purposeful inaction, nearly two billion Indians and did so in a paltry eighty years.

Critical thinking fact check time here....what's wrong with this picture?

2 BILLION INDIANS? You do realize that only recently the population of India has just reached the 1 billion mark, only in the last 10 years. Given that the British lost it in 1947,...you do realize that this is mathematically impossible, not to mention the Indian people would have had an extremely severe population crash. According to wikipedia, the population of India increased from 100 million in 1700 to 300 million in 1920.......kinda blows a hole in your "fact checking" source, who openly states they have an agenda and a strong bias against white people.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

Nazi and Soviet regimes were responsible for around 14 million ... civilian deaths, through deliberate starvation policies
Thanks, I appreciate contributions like yours to this thread. I was not trying to suggest that the Native American genocide compares to Hitler's in cruelty or in any other way besides numbers. But to the extent that they caused starvation, they may actually compare with American policies causing diseases (and being left untreated, you decide if this was deliberate or not).

The book you linked (The American West and the Nazi East: A Comparitive and Interpretive Perspective) seems to point in the same direction. The Review starts by describing what the author "rightly calls 'disquieting underlying patterns of empirical similarity' in the genocidal policies and practices.' "

I think on the whole it's acknowledged much more these days than say several decades ago.

Agreed, and it is probably because more people are willing to consider the facts nowadays, rather than reacting emotionally. But this raises the question, How could it have been kept quiet for so long?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join