It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Hastings – “Foul Play Or Not” – Do you have a plausible theory?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

You are right. Since the beginning of time Government have been seeking out those sorts of services.

Incidentally, I don't think that this is too far off the wall.

What is so funny is that I had never even considered that as a possibility until I read your previous post. So, without your prompt I would never have provided that as even a remote explanation.

Way to go getting that Info .. .

I guess if you ask the right questions I might know some other stuff too .. ..

ETA:

P.S. .. I just had to come back and add .. .. If you would like to approach the prospect that maybe somehow Aliens were involved, you are gonna have to extract those possibilities from one of the "Experts" that are floating around these boards.
edit on 5-9-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Some new info (to me)...from Michael Krikorian's blog regarding the LAPD investigation into the death of Michael Hastings.
Won't spoil anything more than to say that...the lead detective (who does not believe Foul Play was involved) said Michael Hastings was "...on his way to Las Vegas that morning...".

Be back.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

With regard to the information in Michael Krikorian’s update

LAPD Lead Detective – Det. Connie White:
In essence, the investigation’s status is “far from over”…though, the department’s position remains –

“It was an accident…” and “…was not caused by a criminal act…”

A part of what Mr. Krikorian gleaned from the interview with Det. White, regarded the Professional (Official?) interpretation of the security camera video…WHICH (I emphatically draw your attention to) they have had in possession since DAY 1.
…I’m not even going to go through an explanation proving them “wrong”… Rather…here’s what they say…

The “flash” is not an explosion…but is the brake lights coming on…
(okay - great news)

The apparent “rise” of the rear end is the result of the driver-side front wheel hitting the curb…and shearing-off.

Question for you…
If a Mercedes Benz (or any car other than an old Citroën) loses its front driver’s tire…what will happen to the vehicle?

a) Nothing – it will continue functioning as before with no apparent alteration to balance or stability, as Mercedes’ are the bomb
b) The driver’s side will take a nose dive, with the passenger’s side lifting, and the rear end elevating at an uneven angle (passenger-side slightly higher than the driver-side)
c) None of the above - Both of the above - I really don't care!

Did you choose “b)”?
Me too!
If you chose “b)” like me…and…if we are correct…then…what happens when the driver-side nose of a car meets a grass turf median…at a high rate of speed?

a) It mows it cleanly, asking no payment…unless you’re pleased with the results
b) It plows into the turf, with no care for aesthetics, and… …is entirely imperceivable in photos taken minutes, hours and days after
c) It plows into the turf for as long as the unbalanced weight of the driver’s side front end demands a mechanism of support…and would be absolutely evident immediately following the events in question

Did you choose “c)”?
Me too!
There is much video and photographic evidence…that shows no plowed path…that would have included a path that “took out” the utility cover…to the tree.
Maybe we chose wrong…
Maybe our answer should have been “a)” or “b)”…
I don’t know. I think I need someone to show me “why” I cannot get the same answers as “the Experts”.

Other thoughts on other aspects (such as the intent to go to ‘Vegas)…in a while.
Thanks.

edit on 9/5/2013 by WanDash because: dots

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

So – he was going to Las Vegas.
How was he planning to get there?
Bus?
Plane?
Car?
Well – why was he driving toward central L.A. …?

Perhaps someone more familiar with L.A. can help…but…considering where he is known to have been driving (North Highland Ave., southbound from somewhere before Santa Monica Blvd…through Melrose’)…wouldn’t there have been a better route (better routes)…if driving to Las Vegas?

I don’t see any airports in the general direction he was travelling… Do you know of any…such that we could conclude this to have been a logical path to take?

Bus? – Probably not…but, possible…

Cruise ship?
I don’t know.

Not that I’m questioning the LAPD’s intel…but…we also have the whole “family in town” and “family arriving shortly” question/s to consider.

We also have the late night request to borrow a neighbor’s car (being concerned about the safety of his own)…because “he was scared and wanted to leave town”…to consider.

Was he going to Las Vegas…with specific regard to “I’m onto a big story”…?
I think that maybe MindBodySpiritComplex and/or JBA2848 might be able to help on this question.

Again… Back in a few.
Thanks.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Though your powers of observation are exceptional, Mine apparently SUCKS Big Time, either that or have somehow suffered a serious case of Dumb @$$.

How in the Hell did I not know until today that the drivers front wheel sheared off. . .. .?

I went back and looked at what pictures I could find and did not see one where that portion of the vehicle was exposed.

Given the though that, that was the wheel that mounted the curb first, and At That Angle, could we not suspect that, due to physics, that the wheel would have gone under the vehicle at the path of travel? That would have put that wheel coming out somewhere around the passengers rear wheel .. .? .. wouldn't it. . . ?

As far as the "EXPERT" Analysis of the video. . .. What the hell happened there. . ?
Could they not afford to pay someone with a Real Expert Opinion?
Maybe they don't have their S[SNIP]T hooked up to a 40" T.V,

That they are continuing this Thorough Investigation is Not what impresses me. What impresses me is that a bunch of Damn Retards are the ones that are in control of said investigation.

Did anyone even bother to check the glove box for his clean change of underwear?

How about a packed bag or extra change of clothing? Nothing? .. As I had mentioned before, I believe if there was a packed bag, or change of clothing that certainly would have made the news.

Based on that information I have to ask. .. .. Were they able to deduce that he was going to Las Vegas by seeing the Bumper Sticker that read. .. "Vegas Or Bust"?

Going to Vegas .. . ?

What gave them that Idea?.. .

Depending on the route taken, Los Vegas is about 300 miles from L.A. and at 100mph, had he been able to maintain that speed, would have put him there in about 3 hours, which would have made for good time, otherwise it would have been over a 5 hour drive.

P.S.. . And, I have been wondering for a while now why we have not seen the police report. .. Well, .. it is because it is not even done yet.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

As to the “sheared-off” driver-side front wheel… It is clearly missing in a number of the screen shots from the LoudLabs video. Right now, I can’t log-in to the “new server” to post any screen shots…but, I know I’ve posted some, before (apparently in other threads).
Of course – the driver-side front wheel isn’t the only component missing…but almost everything that had occupied the engine compartment…

Would its only path have been “under the car…and out the back”…? Probably.
I suppose there is also a possibility that it might not have buckled-under, but caromed away (to the left or east)…though it supposedly ended up on the sidewalk a couple of houses south of the crash-site…on the west side of the street… (I may have read another report that said it travelled past Clinton Street… But there is definitely a wheel on the sidewalk where I described in the LoudLabs video/s.)

I’m with you on the 40” TV… (gotta add 15’ and a relaxing glass of water)

Good points on the packed bags or clean change of tidy whities…
I can only imagine that they either found that he’d booked a flight (in which case – what time was it to depart…and, from where)…
Or – did they glean this information from interviewing friends &/or family…to whom he might have said he was going to LV…? (In which case – does this fit into the same category of information as ‘___’ was his new drug of choice…?)
Or – do they have his cell phone…and a call came in…from whomever he was supposed to meet with, in LV…? (If that’s the case --- That would be an interesting bit of information…!)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

If it was an airplane ride that he was maybe missing was that the need for speed. Interestingly enough I have known some idiots in my time that have driven like Maniacs because they were going to miss a flight, so, that might make some sense.

I have tried to go through my head several times as to how the wheel would have sheared, off and the only thing that makes sense is, . . when it hit the curb to mount it, it broke off and laid down on its face ( with Lug Nuts closest to the ground ) and the car just went over the tops of it. Unless there were appendages sticking out that might have caught on to the undercarriage at which point it may rolled raising the car up off of the ground. BUT, That would have raised it in more of an even fashion, than @$$end only.

You are right in that the drivers right corner would have dug right into the ground AND more than likely would have sent the @$$ Head over Heels.

How about an experiment. . .. Better have your parents sign a Permission Slip for this. .. . .
Go get a Shovel .. . . Perform this in a grassy yard.
Hold onto it with the spade and handle out in front of you.
Now, take off on a dead run. When you are up to about 20mph let the spade of the shovel drop on to the ground. . ..

Record the results. .. .

My point is that it certainly would have made a hell of a mess out of things.

Do you think the neighbor lady knew that he was going to take off with her car and go to Vegas?

Do you think he would have really done that to her?

I don't think so.

How could cell phone records have shown where he was going?. .. UNLESS, .. They contacted the NSA and got their backup copy of the voice recording.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

As to people driving like maniacs so as not to miss a flight… I have known a few and seen plenty-more, as well. So – certainly fits into possible explanations so far…
On the other hand – I’ve been looking on the map of L.A. …and am just not seeing “what airport” he might have been driving toward. So – unless he left the apartment, realized he forgot his tidy whities, and had to high-tail-it back to the apartment at supersonic speed…then, had an equipment malfunction (major malfunction)…I’m having a hard time putting the story together…

As to your scenario on the possibility of ‘how’ the wheel could have sheared-off when hitting the curb (I still think the angle was too favorable for that to have come about), laying down…car proceeding over it…and as the rear-end comes off it…it bounces up and rolls to its resting place – that might work, if we didn’t have a $5,000 emergency room bill for a spade handle sticking out of my chest…

Again – I don’t know what kind of confidence we can place in “Viva Las Vegas”…
The neighbor could certainly have been the source of the info…
Still, if the info is valid…it puts the brothers’ visit/s…and his attitude toward their visit/s…in a different light/context…

As to the cell phone – they might have had access to the provider’s records…if they sought it, anyway. At this point, we don’t know what to expect of their investigation… But – if a call comes in to his cell phone (in the LAPD’s or Wrecker company’s possession)…saying “Where are you, man?”…well – you can take it from there…

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

that might work, if we didn’t have a $5,000 emergency room bill for a spade handle sticking out of my chest…

What .. . .? You don't Have ObamaCare?

Something I think is strange is that he probably knew that his brotgher was coming the next day, .. So, .. why go on a trip to Vegas?

Also, I did not even think about the possibility that someone left a message.

I would say,. . Check the area for the closest air ports, then see if you can find a history of the flights and see if there was anything going going from LA to Vegas. Departure could have been around 4:00-5:00a.m. or maybe later because of the time lapse for security checks.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I'm sure I could have missed some...but, the earliest flight/s I've been able to find out of L.A. to Las Vegas...had departure times of around 6:25 a.m. ...and all of those were out of LAX.
Now - looking at the LAX location...I'm guessing it's possible that he could have been heading there.

Seems to me that there would have been better route choices...but, if his intent was to drive like a bat out of hell...as is seen in the videos...then, it's possible that this could have been his destination (meaning - LAX).

Forgot to address one of your earlier points -- my thoughts were precisely in line with your postulation, that -- if the driver-side front wheel sheared/broke off, and the front-end took an off-balance nose dive into the turf -- there would have been a very good chance that the car would have gone immediately into a tumble...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

This is literally the second time I've ever replied to anything on here. Not sure if I'm doing it right, so sorry in advance. The airport / catching a flight scenario made me think of the smaller general aviation airports that private & corporate jets/planes land at. There is a list of airports in LA area on wikipedia (have no clue how to link things). Santa Monica Airport is listed under Towered General Aviation Airports. If you get directions from the address of the pizzeria place (used that address just to get a basic idea) to the Santa Monica Airport it gives 3 routes, all of which are roughly 10 miles (23 minutes). I may be way off, but if I were skipping town, running, whatever, I would try to fly out on a private plane/jet. Hope all of that made sense.
Here are the links. Thank you

en.wikipedia.org...

maps.google.com...,+Santa+Mo nica,+CA+90405&sll=34.01606,-118.45065&sspn=0.001345,0.002835&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=3223+Donald+Douglas+Loop+S,+Santa+Monica,+Los+Angeles,+California+9040 5&t=m&z=14&vp0&iwloc=A&daddr=3223+Donald+Douglas+Loop+S,+Santa+Monica+Municipal+Airport+(SMO),+Santa+Monica,+CA+90405
edit on 5-9-2013 by ad1220 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ad1220

Copy the address out of the address bar from the page and edit your last post and paste it in there.

Then push the reply buttom at the bottom.

I will fix the link here.

Thanks for the info.

ETA:

Your Link Works.

Thanks
edit on 5-9-2013 by shadellaczumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ad1220

Thanks for the heads-up
I don't know that I would be able to get a "flight schedule" out of that airport.
But - of course - that might be the way I would travel, as well, in certain situations.
Appreciate your input.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash
Trip to Vegas seems odd. I wonder the source. I am beginning to question MH sanity. Vegas is not a good place to get off the radar. Probably more surveillance cameras than any city in US. Was he trying to avoid rehab? I wonder if his brothers were aware of this trip? I wonder if MH was fearing his brothers lives were in danger if they were around him? I wonder if the whole rehab story could have been a planned cover for getting off the radar?

I suspect Det White floated the wheel separation story as an attempt to explain the separation of engine/trans/shaft to the east of palm MH car struck. She realizes that if separation occurred at tree impact it would be impossible to explain the position of eng/trans/shaft from natural forces. She has a major problem. I think there is evidence that the tire did separate from wheel with impact at curb. The tire ended up on side walk south and west of car. There is photo evidence of the imprint of the rim across the water piping box in a north to south path. This tells me that the wheel did not separate until tree impact. As you point out the vehicle would not appear as level on the medium as it did in the surveillance video after all 4 wheels were on median. Can you imagine the gouging of the turf if the wheel was off the car? The Mercedes safety video (and other cars) of similar front driver side crashes show the likely sheering of the left front wheel. It ended up south of Clinton on the medium. I maintain it would have been impossible for the wheel to have come off at curb, went under car, caused separation of ETS, and still end up where discovered. The car would have traveled 25+ feet without a wheel. Some have suggested the car was airborne. I say impossible because it changed direction at the water box. I think Det White better come up with a more believable explanation. Like the truth.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by barabajagal

Hi barabajagal
Lot of poignant questions…
Regarding ‘why Vegas?’ …there is also the considerable possibility that he was to meet with a ‘source’ for the “big story” specified in his email to associates the previous day.
If that’s the case – and the source was legitimate… … …I wonder if they are still with us.

Don’t know why Detective White is trying to float the wheel separation story… She was fairly adamant that the engine/shaft/tranny ejection and majority of the debris field remains difficult to explain.
Maybe they’ll just lump that enigma in with the lack of plow-path-to-tree…say it fits under the penumbra of “if God wanted us to know that, He would have told us” nursery rhymes, and – call it a day.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Couple of things I would like to address…
1. ColoradoJens’ information as it relates to the neighbor’s testimony of an “after midnight” visit/request from Mr. Hastings
2. Source of the “going to Las Vegas” info

Before seeing the story related by ColoradoJens regarding the behavior of Michael Hastings, I automatically would have counted him approaching his female neighbor/friend…after midnight…asking to borrow/use her car…(with her stating that his request was inspired by concern about the safety of his own car and wanting to get out of town)…as extraordinary behavior of extraordinary measure.
Considering, however, the impression/s left upon the hosts of his weekend getaway, a couple of months prior… I don’t know that we can treat ‘the late night request’ with the same extreme regard, as before.
It may still be…that extreme…and that extraordinary…but, it seems there is evidence that what some people consider normal bounds…he did not (or – not at all times).

As to the source of the “intel” regarding his intended destination on the morning of the crash…

If it was “the neighbor”…then, as Shadellac’ has proposed – where was his underwear?
But also – does this mean that his brother/s didn’t know?
And – was he doing it “on the sly”?
Was his “passing out” episode a ruse…?
If any of these are the case – why the need for the speed?
Unless LAX (or some private charter at another airport) and the TSA have rigid requirements for “must be checked-in at least 2 hours before departure”…and…he was too impatient to wait for the next flight – I’m not seeing his need to “Take It To The Limit”…as the evidence suggests.

(I’m sure I may be overlooking some obvious angles, here – so, if you’re seeing/considering them, please bring them to light…)

If the source was – “credit card company records”…
How far in advance had he booked the flight?
Had he also booked a motel/hotel?
Was the flight ‘round trip’ or one-way?
If ‘round trip’ – when was he scheduled to return?

If the source was – his brother(s)…?
Well – there are a lot of questions that can arise out of that possibility.
And – at the moment, I’m not inclined to pursue them…

There are certainly more possibilities than I have put forth…(mostly fitting under LAPD interviews with friends, family and/or associates)…and, I’m not in the mood at the moment to be exhaustive on this line of inquiry…

So – let me know if you have any thoughts that you want to share/discuss on any of this…
Thanks

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Looking at the direction he was travelling, again…and considering the locations of the two airports that said “direction of travel” might have been intended for… I’m sorry, but…regardless of what “behavioral quirks” (verging on loathsome in some people’s books) he had historically demonstrated…and even accounting for being “late for a very important date” – I cannot clear the extreme hurdle of the last minute or two…that we know about.

So intent on “getting to the church on time”…that he doesn’t care if he kills himself…or others…while trying?
LAPD says he almost hit a pedestrian at the traffic-lighted intersection between Santa Monica’ and Melrose’…
How important must it have been…to risk the world…so TSA wouldn’t make him wait for the next flight?
Well – if that’s what happened…and he was driving in that manner of his own volition…to get to the airport to make a flight for ‘Vegas… …for me…the only possible explanation is – hysterical terror…also spelled ‘desperation’.

(PS: If you look ahead on the route he was taking…he would have encountered a more dangerous situation at Wilshire Blvd. If he had the ability to ‘brake’ … that is the only way he could have navigated the upcoming ‘jog’ … but…if he had the ability to ‘brake’…and was intending to use it at Wilshire’…why didn’t he use it at Santa Monica’…and Melrose’…? …and…immediately after…Melrose’?)

edit on 9/6/2013 by WanDash because: missing preposition

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This might mean something or it might not. But I figured I would post it here to let people think about it. With all the hacking that our government does and now we have a new one. A Fake CNN email with a trojan downloader in it. The reason I post here is because of the CNN reporter who was used in that fake email.

Casey Wian.

Why would they decide to use his name in a fake email that infects a computer? Because he questioned Hastings death. And he did get a lot of flak over it.

CNN Report Investigates Conspiracy Theories Surrounding BuzzFeed Reporter Michael Hastings’ Death
www.mediaite.com...

Shame On CNN, Fox For Embracing Conspiracy Theories Surrounding Death Of Michael Hastings
www.mediaite.com...

So are they trying to smear the CNN reporter for questioning what happened?

Here is a small report from Kaspersky Labs on the email from CNN.

www.securelist.com...

Interesting thing is. Kaspersky Labs outed STUXnet that was being used to attack Iran. Shortly afterwards his son was kidnapped by being tracked with social media and his cell phone. Then Kaspersky Labs quit digging on STUXnet which also contained Flame, Stars and DUQU. Then a strange story came out about who did the kidnapping that did not match the events that truly took place.

www.forbes.com...

Don't forget John McAfee in South America who shot his neighbor a Navy Seal and then was dragged through the mud as a pedophile. When he returned to the US it all went away. That would be the owner of McAfee Antivirus.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

So I am not sure about the motives of the CNN email but it sure smells like someone likes linking NSA and Intelligence Agencies conspiracies together in a single email trojan.

Another source on the fake CNN email.

Fake email reports US has already started bombing Syria
www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 6-9-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Gotta mess things up...don't ya'

Boy - gonna have to let this smolder for a bit.
You don't happen to know if any of this might have links (cross-links) in Las Vegas... ?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Thanks for the links. Not sure what they mean, interesting info though. I wasn't aware McAfee was back in US. I was seriously thinking the email from Michael Hastings was likely forged, until it was proven he was alive and hosting family/friends hours before his death. Think I will still cling to my belief system. Do not believe anything that I read, and suspicious of what I see.

What I see on the MH crash videos is a car hijacked by cyber attack with explosives on board to ensure his demise and send a graphic message to all viewers. As stated above, suspicious of what I see. My mind is far from decided. I was not moved to join the speculation on MH until the Mozza surveillance video was released.

Richard Clarke statement on the crash being consistent with car hacking was important to me. I do not agree politically with RC on many things, but I do think he has integrity. He has been very selective about his battles with Washington. Sticking to his areas of expertise. Through his relationship with Tennate away. Calling DC out on STUXNET, are the two big ones that come to my mind. I have been impressed with the fair, open, and humorous approach of Wanna Dash. There are a couple of other bloggers and commenters I have followed on this MH journey.

Earlier in this blog you disclosed that you believed MH lived on Edinburgh Ave off Melrose. A couple of other places in MS media I have read he lived off Highland about 2 miles north of crash. That is closer to Thigpen's employment. Can you add anymore or have I missed later comments?

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join