It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Men On Strike"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Bah, on second thought nvm. Not the thread, or the place.
edit on 7/30/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by camaro68ss

thanks for trying to Pigeon hole me

No, you did that to yourself.

I did quote the whole sentence, let's do it again.

Not saying woman with faith are better just becomes of faith, there better because there raised in a community built on family values, ethics, and self-respect. I married a woman of faith and all its brought to me is happiness.

See the bold part. That's you saying:

"I'm not saying that we are better than those without faith, but we are, because we grow up in a community based on family values, ethics and self-respect."

That's insinuating that your positive community, doesn't exist without faith as it's base.

If that's not what you mean to say, than I'm sorry for getting under your chin about it, but if you re-read your paragraph, I think you can see why it seemed odd.

~Tenth

for some reason what i want to say is not typing out so well so im going to stop shooting myself in the foot.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have seen way to many men have their lives ruined because of full of themselves,self-entitled women.

Ever hear a girl say "I won't date anyone who doesn't have a car"???

I always respond "but YOU don't own a car,so by your own standards you are not worth dating"??

A smart man learns from his mistakes,an even smarter man learns from others mistakes.

I am one of those "men on strike"

On a lighter note,have a laugh about this topic.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

True. I went on no fewer than 7 dates from POF until I met up with the one I want to "marry". (shhhh don't tell her that lol).

It's at least worth a shot, and if nothing else you end up talking to other people. I really needed that after my last breakup.

Anyhow give POF a shot. Avoid Match, some of their tactics seem less than genuine.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon
reply to post by MystikMushroom

True. I went on no fewer than 7 dates from POF until I met up with the one I want to "marry". (shhhh don't tell her that lol).

Well I have to say I am happy for you, but think long and hard before getting married because it takes two to get married, and only one to dissolve the contract, and union.

Relationships are a wonderful thing when both people are in love, and putting into the relationship, but if one person becomes disenfranchised, look out!

I would post my story about marriage, but it would only be a repeat of other posters. Men lose in marriage when they go south, no if, ands, or buts about it.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
In many ways feminism has been good for men if they have taken the red pill. Sex without commitment has been one result of the feminist movement and free sex without attachment is hardwired into the male biological reproductive imperative.

For an aware man feminism could be considered the best thing that ever happened.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
A woman can do everything a man can until, they can't.

This is why when I am mad at my girlfriend, I'll tighten all the lids to all the jars, and all the caps to all the bottles in the fridge. Not just tight, but only Superman or I could open it tight.

Sometimes you have to remind your woman why they need you around . . .

edit on 30-7-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
This is why when I am mad at my girlfriend, I'll tighten all the lids to all the jars, and all the caps to all the bottles in the fridge. Not just tight, but only Superman or I could open it tight.

Sometimes you have to remind your woman why they need you around . . .

Wow!

That is really a twisted and underhanded thing to do.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It's called "Oprah-ization"....feminism at its finest....i'm sick and tired of all the plastic people....throw them in the shredder, along with the rest of the credit cards, dammit!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

Plenty of Fish. It's like Match dot com or other dating sites. Plenty of Fish is free though.

Disclaimer: 9/10 people I've met with these online dating sites are completely psycho-crazy-insaneo. After a bunch of clingy, bitchy, creepy, stalker-ish women ... I found mine. It's similar to digging through a sale bin for that one diamond in the rough.

Yes well, sometimes you have to bite a lot of rotten apples to find a good one!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
That's one thing I never got that really annoyed me, just because the baby popped out the woman, she gets all the rights to the child. Try having a baby without men and see how far you get.

Then they'll use the child as some sort of control tool over you.

So no wonder men don't want the hassle of relationships anymore.
edit on 30-7-2013 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

And yano, women are getting pretty sick and tired of whiny men

Seriously, every post you make, you whine. Do you need to be mothered or something?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
In many ways feminism has been good for men if they have taken the red pill. Sex without commitment has been one result of the feminist movement and free sex without attachment is hardwired into the male biological reproductive imperative.

For an aware man feminism could be considered the best thing that ever happened.

Funny you should say that because men had access to those things anyway, prostitution has always been rife through-out human history. So feminism hasn't really "aided" men in that respect, sex has always been available. Hell, even the elephant man got some.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
What i like most about this thread is that 3 pages in of bitching about feminism and not one actual fact on how feminism has negatively affected men.

Dear whiny males of ATS,

Enlighten me of your struggles

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Maybe it is just me but i am having a hard time agreeing with this when compared to my own experiences as a Father of 3 and these recently published statistics.

For the first time since 1975, the number of white single-mother households living in poverty with children surpassed or equaled black ones in the past decade, spurred by job losses and faster rates of out-of-wedlock births among whites. White single-mother families in poverty stood at nearly 1.5 million in 2011, comparable to the number for blacks. Hispanic single-mother families in poverty trailed at 1.2 million.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com www.newsmax.com...

The guys i seem to meet
In my opinion a lot of these "men" as we are now referring to them are not really men at all. In fact, i find it rather funny that we are even making these comparisons anymore. Now, admittedly, not every case is going to involve an abusive/addicted/irresponsible asshole but when i think of the number of "men" I KNOW with children who have largely bailed on that child and it's mother many of those same factors are usually involved.

Working Together
Another point i have to wonder about is this dated notion that a man is going to come home and sit in his arm-chair for hours until passing out. This has always struck me as being a male problem to begin with and a worthy complaint from women.

If you both work 8 hour days then you are already on even footing, yet the common complaint is that once the man gets home he does nothing while the women does everything.
Really guys?
You can fight-n-die in combat, fix a car or build a house but you can't operate a vacuum cleaner?
Wash a few dishes?
Cook a damn meal? (We invented fire for christ sake. We love burning animal flesh!)

(I know this ain't everybody, but it is cliche enough to point out)

Mating/Dating
One could argue that it is the women's fault for making such poor choices in their mates, again it is worthy of noting, but then i remember that Men have had a hell of a lot more experience in lying to women to get them into bed then women have.

(Seriously, why would a women need to lie to get laid, can't she just ask if the guy wants to have sex right now? Are there really that many guys out there who would say no to such a simple request?)

Chid Support/Custody
Now you can point to the inequalities in child support rules and custody cases, which are certainly worth noting and adjusting to offer a more balanced perspective, but please remember that one of the biggest reasons for both of these things is the large number of "men" who nut and bail on a woman the first chance they get.

@Searchlights:
I only whine about two things.
1.) The number of times i am interrupted in the shower or on the toilet by my kids.
2.) The fact that my kids are so active that it leaves me far too little time to have more sex.
Oh well, gotta make sacrifices right?

Dealing with the woman
There are a few basic things that i make clear in every relationship before it even gets started.

I am going to bite you.
I am going to growl in your ear and whisper dirty things that you have put in mind by being present.
I am going to take you when i want you. (If your asleep try not to lash out. If your not interested atm, just give me a kiss and promise me some loving later.)
I will help you cook and clean, and you will help with the yard work.
Yes, it is our money, but only after the bills/rent are paid. After that i don't care what you spend it on, but every now and then buy something for me or something so sexy you KNOW i am gonna be staring at you and thinking about making babies.

Final Question
Out of curiosity, Am i the only guy who has been asked if all of his kids are with the same woman and when answering yes to that question immediately received a surprised response?
Really, how hard is it to have sex with just one woman?
(Answer: It isn't when you got good pussy.)

edit on 30-7-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
What i like most about this thread is that 3 pages in of bitching about feminism and not one actual fact on how feminism has negatively affected men.

Dear whiny males of ATS,

Enlighten me of your struggles

We don't need to enlighten you on anything, in fact, you have just proved Dr. Smith's point why males don't want to have relationships.

Label as you will, but the lack of respect speaks volumes.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Good advice, but I've already been married about ten years ago.

I still haven't given up on relationships (sucker here), but I don't need a piece of paper to commit to some lucky gal.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Maybe it is just me but i am having a hard time agreeing with this when compared to my own experiences as a Father of 3 and these recently published statistics.

Final Question
Out of curiosity, Am i the only guy who has been asked if all of his kids are with the same woman and when answering yes to that question immediately received a surprised response?
Really, how hard is it to have sex with just one woman?
(Answer: It isn't when you got good pussy.)

Your situation maybe wonderful, your most likely a great father and you chose the perfect mate, but your not relating to what the author said in her book at all.

It has to do with the fact that there is an over-all issue with men and why they don't want a relationship these days.

edit on 30-7-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Really? Lack of respect? LOL

Have you ever considered just giving a woman a spanking when you feel she is disrespecting you?
(You might be surprised how easy and effective is really is.)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Really? Lack of respect? LOL

Have you ever considered just giving a woman a spanking when you feel she is disrespecting you?
(You might be surprised how easy and effective is really is.)

I find your sarcasm in this situation, not funny, and here is why.

I worked in law enforcement for a number of years, and if a male should strike a women in any manner, he will have a felony on his record for life.

And do you think that hitting a women, or any person is respecting them?

edit on 30-7-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

What i like most about this thread is that 3 pages in of bitching about feminism and not one actual fact on how feminism has negatively affected men. Dear whiny males of ATS, Enlighten me of your struggles

Ok I will ignore your bad,know it all attitude and answer your question.

Have you ever tried to be a man and open a door for a feminist?
God forbid we be gentlemen eh??
She doesn't need a man to do that for her right??

I don't NEED to do that,I do things like that because men should be gentlemen with their ladies.
These ladies should quit taking things so seriously and just enjoy someone treating them good.

There you go...that is how it has negatively affected man.

You don't open the door and you are a jerk....you open the door and you are a jerk.

You never see a feminist in a fire....its always WOMEN and children first.

edit on 30-7-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join