It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Men On Strike"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
All I can say is I will be buying Dr. Helen Smith's book and I know it will be a magical read.

Isn't it interesting how this information is coming from a woman who used to consider herself a feminist? Love.

edit on 30-7-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Sounds like someone that believes relationships = ownership......
Some of us actually keep all our friends, and continue seeing them and hanging out, even friends of the opposite sex while in relationships
edit on Tue, 30 Jul 2013 20:55:08 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Yes, friends can ask friends out. But lets be honest, Friendship isn't the only reason that they do it. For all i know she was getting cold feet, or had a small moment where she thought how friendly you two were and wanted to see if she wasn't making a mistake by picking this guy over you.

It happens, hence the romantic comedy reference.

Yes that counts as alone. If you and this woman are at a restaurant without a significant partner or third party then you are alone and on a date. Friendly or not, the fact that there were other people in the restaurant is irrelevant. The fact that her fiancee wasn't there and that you haven't mentioned him as being your friend leaves one to wonder what his knowledge of this is and what/if any part was planned for you in the wedding.

Just because she asked you out to lunch does not mean her intentions were entirely pure.

Obviously she was looking for some reason to spend time with you, ALONE, away from her fiancee and anyone who might have a reason to question the time you spent together.

However, it really doesn't matter. You already proved the depth of your character when you came down on her for not picking up the tab, which isn't something any friend i can think of would ever do to another friend, especially someone who had likely invested a huge portion of her own money into a wedding.

No, i don't see the irony.
I see your paranoia about women.
I see some veiled resentment and some questionable personal beliefs, but not the irony.
edit on 30-7-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

In my experience, women do this to women to.
I made tentative plans to meet a woman friend for lunch....and then never heard a word back.
This happened twice.

So, my question: is it a feminism thing?
Or are people in general less respectful of others?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

In my experience, women do this to women to.
I made tentative plans to meet a woman friend for lunch....and then never heard a word back.
This happened twice.

So, my question: is it a feminism thing?
Or are people in general less respectful of others?

DTOM,

I have never had this happen with a male counterpart. I have had them forget their money and I had to pay, but with that being said they always returned the favor, or vice versa.

I actually brought this conversation up to another female friend, and her reply to me was that "if you are friends then each person should pay." and "that if the man pays, then it is generally consider a date", so with that being said my reply was "that is what I thought".

The situation left me confused

edit on 30-7-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I agree with your friend....if it is a friendly meal, both pay.
If the man pays, it would be considered a date.

And, FTR, after so many years with one partner...and the present dating climate...I don't think I would put myself back into the dating scene.....getting too old for it for one thing....

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Just as every man is not a cheating, abusive misogynist, not every woman is a gold digging, rip your heart out feminazi.

Group think is bad mmmk.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

I see you have a PhD in Womenology and a Masters in Male Shortcommingsology.

Is that how you know things all the other men in this thread are unaware of? Its not like they have ever been married, been in committed relationships, lived with women, or even seen them frequently when outside their caves ravaging for food.

Somehow you have risen above and transcended our primitive species. You realize the only salvation for us brutes is to submit to the unequivocal rule of feminine prowess. Where can I sign up? I want to see the light. Please take me with you.

edit on 30-7-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Just as every man is not a cheating, abusive misogynist, not every woman is a gold digging, rip your heart out feminazi.

Group think is bad mmmk.

Totally agree here.

I know many wonderful women that are far from the "gold digging, rip your heart out feminazi." .

In fact, I have plenty of female friends and family that I respect very much and have for many years, so when I get tossed a curve ball once in a while I am able to handle it. Maybe not fully understand it, but handle it. lol

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I am a mysoginist.
Sorry ladies, but it is true.

I am one of "those guys" that would rather spend his time ALL ALONE rather than with some woman who clearly only cares about what you provide first, and how much fake adoration you are willing to display second.

I like to think I am a genuinely good person, and I feel that is all that should matter.

Too many times have I seen a b** literally disregard a good guy for the tattoo-covered thug to give a stuff anymore.

My attitude is, "you got legs that meet at the hip? Good. You will do".

Deuces.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

I agree with your friend....if it is a friendly meal, both pay.
If the man pays, it would be considered a date.

And, FTR, after so many years with one partner...and the present dating climate...I don't think I would put myself back into the dating scene.....getting too old for it for one thing....

And I wouldn't wish it upon you either.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I hear ya! I dont know what scares me more, dating in these times, or worrying about who the person I am dating now is used to dating

I hear so horrific stories on both sides, even for the first time watched a show called "catfish" you want to learn to settle down? Watch a half hour of that

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I am using this new thing i found out about, it is called common sense.

When i hear a question like why are men avoiding relationships and see that the most common answer is that women are only interested in getting their fingers on your wallet before showing you the door then i have to wonder who is at fault for that.

Oh thats right. Men. There is an entire generation of dead beat dads and rolling stones that helped craft the very system you are all complaining about. And you wanna blame the women for this?

Face it men have been running rough shot over women for well over thirty years and far beyond the feminist movement. So now we know that this is what happen when Men abuse a system for thirty plus years and abandon their children and their partners for who knows what reason.

They cannot afford it?
They can't stop drinking?
She is too old and fat?
They can't stop hitting a woman or their kids?
It is just too hard to be there every day?

I am not finding a lot of reasons to be sympathetic to any of these assholes.

Now i am certain there are men out there, even men posting in this thread, who have a legitimate cause for complaint against the women that have been in their lives. There is no question about that.

But. BUT. Own up and face the damn truth that if the previous generation had been better male role models and stuck around to be Fathers instead of running away like punks then perhaps none of you would have a reason to be so damned melodramatic about why you can't get a girl in your life.

Finally. If you really think that low of me then it should really piss you off to know that i have the easiest time with women and relationships. Why?

Cause i acknowledge that i won't change them and they won't change me.
That our time together whether it be brief or eternal is still a choice we both make every morning when we wake up together.
And ultimately, there are literally millions of single mothers out there who really don't want more then a good man who can hold down a job, not get wasted drunk every night and knows his way around a diaper and a woman's body.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

As it turns out, common sense isn't all that common.

Exhibit A: your post.

*I* should not be held responsible for the actions of my fellow man.

What about the guy who is totally committed to a woman, does all he can for her (bogus concept on its face in the face of gender equality), only to have his woman run out on him with the next best thing?!

It happens ALL the time. Generalizing it as the "man's" fault is damn foolish.
(I am using mild terms cuz this is something I have strong opinions about)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Double

edit on 30-7-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Yes you should be held responsible, that is part of the problem as i see it. Men don't seem to want to take any responsibility for the # our gender has done.

As for this guy? He should consider himself lucky that she left in the first place. Freedom can be a sweet thing.
But when he starts using it as a reason to hate all women, even in the back of his own mind, then he is just a fool.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I REFUSE to carry the burdens of another man.
I am NOT my father, nor am I his keeper.

Your words here amount to nothing more than a transparent e-plea for some split tail.

Ironic.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Having said all that, I am not against women in general.
More like against having relationships with them.

Don't get me wrong ladies, I LOVE the kitty.
But honestly, I would rather just be friends with the both of ya'll and leave it at that than have any sort of obligatory attachment to EITHER of ya.

In short, this is a good piece.
Nice to see a woman gets it.
You guys are way too damn emotional.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Again thanks for all the brave females that have ventured, into this thread, and given their honest opinions and views, they are much appreciated, on a male dominated thread.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Funny. This sounds just like what your daddy would say. Maybe your his keeper after all.

Having said all that, I am not against women in general.
More like against having relationships with them.

Don't get me wrong ladies, I LOVE the kitty.
But honestly, I would rather just be friends with the both of ya'll and leave it at that than have any sort of obligatory attachment to EITHER of ya.

That just proves my point. You wanna # em, but you don't want to have anything to do with them afterwards? You don't want any OBLIGATIONS from having sex?

Your right, damn those OBLIGATIONS and that they want food, and a fresh diaper, and to be held by their daddy. Obviously that is all way too much to ask from "men" in this day and age.

You wonder why women act like they do now?

Maybe it is because of this attitude right here and all the layers of bull# that goes with it.

Oh and way to go on the e-plea for split tail, very subtle.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join