It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetism Can Alter Morality and Decision Making

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is no longer a speculative claim of "conspiracy theorists". It has in fact become mainstream science. Applied electromagnetic fields can alter decision making, and even morality itself.

Magnetism Can Alter Morality

Moral judgments often have less to do with outcome and more to do with intention. Take murder, for instance: The U.S. legal system makes distinctions between a crime committed in the heat of the moment and one that is planned ahead of time. But moral judgments may not be as sacrosanct as we believe: MIT scientists have shown that they can alter our moral judgments simply by magnetically interfering with a certain part of the brain.

This science study from MIT opens up a whole world of questions for us conspiracy folks.

What other thought functions can electromagnetic fields alter? This can't help but bring us back to MKultra, and show it in a more clear light.

electronicharassment.weebly.com...

By placing a volunteer (???) in an electromagnetic field, Dr Ross Adey of the University of California, made a startling discovery. Using specific radio waves, Adey was able to influence his subjects' brainwaves. Another scientist, Allen Frey, took this research a step further. Frey found he could remotely induce sleep in his subjects by subjecting them to electromagnetic waves. He also learned he could produce acoustic noises - booming, buzzing and hissing, directly inside a volunteer's (????) head. Developing on Frey's earlier work, Joseph Sharp, a doctor at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, was able to transmit spoken words via pulsed microwaves. Sitting inside an electromagnetic field, Sharp clearly heard and understood words transmitted to him by a colleague. For the medical profession this was a major breakthrough, and would be of immense benefit to the deaf.

Furthermore, there is a psychiatric treatment called "Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation". It is used to address psychiatric issues ranging from depression to auditory hallucination - and those are just the conditions that the treatment has been approved for, not all it can affect.

www.healthyplace.com...

Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is a noninvasive therapy that uses a rapidly changing magnetic field to stimulate the neurons in the brain. Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) refers to the repetitive use of TMS in the treatment of neurological and psychiatric disorders. Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation has been tested in the treatment of:1 Depression Migraines Strokes Parkinson's disease Dystonia Tinnitus Auditory hallucinations

If electromagnetic fields can have such dramatic effects on neuro-psychology, then can we safely assume they aren't being used to nefarious ends as well? What about HAARP (or other emf projects)? These could theoretically use electromagnetic fields to cause a range of issues in the general population from depression and disassociative morality to full on auditory hallucinations.

www.cuttingedge.org...

"United States Patent 5,159,703, Lowery, October 27, 1992 Silent Subliminal Presentation System, Inventors: Lowery, Oliver M. Appl. No. 458339 Filed December 28, 1989. "Abstract: A silent communications system in which nonaural carriers, in the very low or very high audio frequency range or in the adjacent ultrasonic frequency spectrum, are amplitude or frequency modulated with the desired intelligence and propagated acoustically or vibrationally, for inducement into the brain, typically through the use of loudspeakers, earphones or piezoelectric transducers. The modulated carriers may be transmitted directly in real time or may be conveniently recorded and stored on mechanical, magnetic or optical media for delayed or repeated transmission to the listener."

And, this is where we delve into the more speculative conspiracy area. The facts have been set. What has or has not been done with this technology, and just how precise or advanced such electromagnetic neural manipulation has gone, and can go, is the debatable topic.

I don't agree with everything posted on the last site I am quoting from (e.g., I'm not religious in any conventional sense), but that doesn't mean there isn't some valid information, or that there aren't interesting postulates made therein.

THE TIMING OF THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA HAARP EXPERIMENTS When were these experiments being carried out against the unsuspecting tax-paying citizens of Northern California? Let us return back to this article. "This activity has been ongoing for most of 1999--with a pause of a couple of months or so during the summer (the perpetrators were obviously busy elsewhere!). These signals, primarily in the ULF (ultra-low-frequency) and ELF frequency range, have been recorded on a variety of equipment by several researchers and are in the process of being analyzed. During the many months these signals have been broadcast, they have been transmitting TWENTY-FOUR hours a day

Further examination is in order, and sometime when I feel like writing again, I'll delve further into electromagnetic fields, psychic phenomena, and social interactions. But for now, let's ask ourselves the questions: Are electromagnetic fields being used as part of psychological manipulation of manchurian candidates, and is this technology being used on a large scale to manipulate the decision making processes of entire populations?

edit on 18-7-2013 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
the brain is a computer, learn the programing language of it and you can run apps just like a computer.

I know someone who has looked into transcranial magnetic stimulation for treatment of Aspergers, he did a few treatments and from what he said he felt "better" for a time after each treatment.

Everyone that interacted with him for a few weeks after noticed the difference in his personality and emotions.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
pirhanna...
Thanks for this excellent thread. An intriguing topic for sure. I've been researching this subject. This link ( it's from i09) is quite interesting!

10 things a magnetic field can do to the brain

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

S&F&

bump

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger
pirhanna...
Thanks for this excellent thread. An intriguing topic for sure. I've been researching this subject. This link ( it's from i09) is quite interesting!

10 things a magnetic field can do to the brain

That is a fantastic article! Not only very informative but a fun read.

Does anyone know / have links to information on what strengths and frequency generation they use in these clinical models?

What really gave me my initial impetus for this thread was an NPR program I listened to recently. They had a type of biography of Tesla on there, and I learned that he regularly gave himself electro-static shock to treat his own depression. It got me thinking about the various ways that emf's can affect our cognitive functions.

edit on 18-7-2013 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'm reading a story where people install a "droud" onto their skull and plug themselves into the wall for jolts that run directly into the brain. It's supposed to be a massive high.

We're not Gods, but we sure as hell are trying to be.

So what do you think will happen when we're engineering our own minds? It used to be that nature did what it did and we'd burn to death or shackle the weirdos. It's one thing to engineer a bridge or a home, but it's another to engineer the mind. I'm not sure what it all means, but it's coming.

Great fuel for science fiction writers, but it's strange how we usually imagine the worst. Take machines, for example. Many stories in the late 19th and early 20th century were about machines taking over the world and humans becoming like the walking dead. Didn't really happen. You can choose any topic and science fiction writers will give you a creepy story about it. There're some writers that will give you a pleasant story, but most are about the dangers of technology.

Never fear. In the future, all science fiction writers will be wired up to a chip and every story they write will be optimistic. No more irrational fears. Evolution in action. Of course, all of it will have the go ahead from the leading science institutions. Opposition will be in the form of mentally disordered anti-authority extremists. They'll show profiles of these extremists on the news. Bad hair, bad teeth, bad habits, bad moods, past crimes, bad everything. Truly tragic. Nobody wants that.
edit on 18-7-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
We consistently see an intense interest by government and/or the MIC in EMF studies for the last 60 years. Much of it, as you stated, EM effects on the brain. It's documented that it's a long-held interest. I'm sure our intel folk aren't studying it for nothing.

Heck, some of 'em used to talk rather excitedly about it a bit. But that hole got stoppered at some point. (See "Non-lethal Weaponry.")

MK didn't stop in any real way is my humble opinion.

A very fine thread, sir. Well-written, well-thought, and well-presented. An important topic: There really is, it seems, a multi-faceted war for our minds.

Whatever our government is hiding from us, I bet one, or even some, of the biggies center around EMF and related technologies.

edit on 18-7-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

From your link, with some added commentary, ahem:

"Hey y'all, down there, this is your Uncle. Chill out or we're gonna have to..."

6. Pacify you completely

Transcranial electromagnetic stimulation - subjecting people to strong electromagnetic fields aimed at specific parts of the brain - is sometimes used as a treatment for bipolar disorder or clinical depression. Some patients find an immense relief in this. Other people, who don't suffer from depression, have reason to worry about it. People without any diagnosed medical illness while under such stimulation can be relaxed to a state where they can't think of anything, at all, that bothers them. If that kind of relaxation can be induced at will, it could be used to pacify large parts of the population.

"If that don't work, we'll just turn that sucker up to the mind-effing mark and..."

3. Induce panic, disorientation, and deep fear

Although some kinds of electromagnetic fields, applied to certain areas of the brain, pacify people and put them in a good mood, others are said to induce fear. Sometimes people report a persistent, if mild, sense of unease. Others have a more visceral response, feelings of despair and paranoia, sliding into overwhelming terror.

"And if we really have to. Don't make us now" :

2. Cause Seizures and Death

Under the worst circumstances, exposure to electromagnetic fields can cause a number of serious effects in the brain. Studies have shown that it can change the flow of blood in the brain, and turn off neuron groups. Some people, under the influence of high magnetic fields have caused people to have violent seizures, and even lose consciousness, slip into comas, and die.

This is one of the reasons why houses under high electromagnetic fields have ghost stories associated with them. In conjunction with the deep feelings of unease, mysterious seizures and deaths start all kinds of rumors. Of course, those rumors aren't as bad as . . .

10 Things an Electromagnetic Field Can Do to Your Brain

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Does this include those magnetic underblankets?
I wondered about them and what they can do.
They where advertised on tv constantly a couple of years ago , but now you never hear of them.
1%
edit on 18-7-2013 by my1percent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

MK didn't stop in any real way is my humble opinion.

Mine too.

Of course, mind control is the most interesting idea of all to control freaks and spooks.

Talking in a certain manner about certain things works as mind control. Movies and books can do it, too. Hypnotism works. Chemicals work. Now we know EM works. Maybe magik, or something along those lines, influences people's minds as well.

The question now is to what extent and by whom to whom for whom and why. Scary whoms.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
So maybe there is an underlying reason for CERN after-all,
and in conjunction with Chemtrails --who knows!

VERY interesting read!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I actually saw this demonstrated the other day in a television program, although I forget which it was. They have the "God helmet," which basically is a helmet that is placed on a person's head, and which emits EM pulses to very specific regions of the brain. It has been claimed that this causes all sorts of different effects.

And since scientists who analyze the brain can actually see which areas are active during the decision making process, and during decisions regarding morality, they know which area to target with their EM radiation. And from what I remember, they turn on this radiation at the time the person is analyzing some type of moral problem, and they found that a person is less likely to be as moral as they normally would when making a decision. So something that before they would have viewed as being morally wrong, could during the radiation session actually be convinced that the action is morally acceptable.

This type of research has great implications in a variety of areas, and even that of "mind control." I just wonder if any clandestine government programs have picked up on this fact at some period in time, and have ever attempted to use their knowledge in experiments on the unsuspecting public. We know for a fact that the US government has experimented on the unsuspecting and unconsenting public in the past, and we know they have also experimented illegally with mind control, so it is actually possible to think this.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Interesting! Nice summary of the data.

Seems they know and admit a lot can be done, which, in my book, means they know and can do a lot more that they won't admit.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Here is a page dedicated to thwarting an EMF attack. (just in case any of you find yourself being attacked for looking into this subject)

edit on 19-7-2013 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
This is no longer a speculative claim of "conspiracy theorists". It has in fact become mainstream science. Applied electromagnetic fields can alter decision making, and even morality itself.
If the field is strong enough, it shouldn't be surprising that electrical activity in the brain can be affected. To me the difference between pseudoscience and science is that pseudoscience claims that fields too weak to have any effect might have an effect. But I see no reason to doubt that stronger fields can have a real effect.

My question is, and I'm partly serious: have they tested this effect on people wearing tin-foil hats? This is the kind of thing tin-foil hats are supposed to protect against. People may laugh at tin-foil hats, but they may really be capable of blocking some EM radiation from reaching the brain, especially if the foil hat covers enough of the skull.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
My question is, and I'm partly serious: have they tested this effect on people wearing tin-foil hats? This is the kind of thing tin-foil hats are supposed to protect against. People may laugh at tin-foil hats, but they may really be capable of blocking some EM radiation from reaching the brain, especially if the foil hat covers enough of the skull.

That is actually a noble defense, Arbitrageur, for those that actually wear, or have worn, tinfoil hats. I never have, but I would if I thought it would help haha, right?

Also, should your postulation prove to be true, a vindication even.

Seriously, though, this issue is not as cooky as it might sound or I once thought it was. Just weed out anything that doesn't have official documentation and it becomes clear in the military's own words intent to achieve the kind of objectives being discussed here. And plenty of evidence that they have.

In EMF, here be the secrets, I've truly come to believe. Possibly for everything from free energy, or even maybe UFOs, to making "contact," but most certainly of various forms and degrees of mind-control.

AlienView posted the following quotation by Nikola Tesla in his thread Nikola Tesla claimed Alien contact and I thought it might have some relevance, or at least interest, to the topic here:

"I can never forget the first sensations I experienced when it dawned upon me that I had observed something possibly of incalculable consequences to mankind. I felt as though I were present at the birth of a new knowledge or the revelation of a great truth. My first observations positively terrified me as there was present in them something mysterious, not to say supernatural, and I was alone in my laboratory at night; but at that time the idea of these disturbances being intelligently controlled signals did not yet present itself to me.“ "The changes I noted were taking place periodically and with such a clear suggestion of number and order that they were not traceable to any cause known to me.

I was familiar, of course, with such electrical disturbances as are produced by the sun, Aurora Borealis, and earth currents, and I was as sure as I could be of any fact that these variations were due to none of these causes.“ "The nature of my experiments precluded the possibility of the changes being produced by atmospheric disturbances, as has been rashly asserted by some. It was sometime afterward when the thought flashed upon my mind that the disturbances I had observed might be due to an intelligent control. "Although I could not at the time decipher their meaning, it was impossible for me to think of them as having been entirely accidental. The feeling is constantly growing on me that I had been the first to hear the greeting of one planet to another. A purpose was behind these electrical signals."

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Good topic and with that said the T.V. Your computer, your headphones, your telephones ALL magnetized........

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I sleep with a magnet, literally...

To tell you, a magnet changing a personality is negligible compared to how losing your job alter morality and decision making.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
This is no longer a speculative claim of "conspiracy theorists".
Further examination is in order...

Agreed. Further examination is in order.
And one of the best ways to do that is to STOP using third hand media articles about an issue and take the time to go back to the original source of the study.

Once you do that, you see that the effect, even with the machine ran right against the subjects heads at 70 percent full power, was not amazingly dramatic.
The scientists themselves say:

TMS to the RTPJ significantly reduced but did not eliminate the role of beliefs in moral judgment.
Similarly, in previous experiments with human participants, TMS slows or impairs task performance but does not block cognitive task performance completely.
Consistent with prior estimates, we found that TMS to the RTPJ reduced participants use of beliefs (by ≈ 15%) but did not block the use of beliefs completely.

So even in lab setting with all conditions controlled as best they could, and the magnetic coil right against the persons head in the perfect spot, they can only tweak things a bit.

Any talk of HAARP, or emf weapons, or MKUltra, or brainwashing... in fact anything related to conspiracies is completely dumped into the waste garbage nonsense pile... just by reading the original source.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

What that means, in my view, is that each person has kind of a natural 'magnetic brain roadmap', which is essentially structured as we grow up, depending on our surroundings, environment and experiences.

This is now being shown to be alterable....

Which would mean that our natural magnetic roadmap, can be and often is changed depending on our exposure to EM sources and frequencies.

You wouldn't be 'you' if your magnetic roadmap is altered, you would be someone who has your memories, but thinks about life and the world in a very different way to the 'natural roadmap' version of you.

In other words...personality IS the magnetic roadmap in our brains.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join