Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Magnetism Can Alter Morality and Decision Making

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This is kind of related, anyone else know the thread about Untersberg and Hitlers fascination with it? That mountain is a reported strong electromagnetic field, and i'm just throwing out scenarios here, but what if he spent so much time in the area the EMF screwed up that portion of his mind?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
WOW! I've heard bits and pieces of this of this idea before... but yea, WOW!

Time to hit the books again and do a lot of research...... there's just too many different possible areas this can get into.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Thanks Pirhanna,

F&S, Very interesting topic and a great thread!

I am someone who believes that "frequency" lies at the heart of our very existence and plays a significant role in everything we think and do.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
That is actually a noble defense, Arbitrageur, for those that actually wear, or have worn, tinfoil hats. I never have, but I would if I thought it would help haha, right?
I never have either. But, if you watch some performers work around some high-voltage Tesla machines, they not only wear metallic/conductive headgear, but it covers their entire body. Here's a picture of performer David Blaine surrounded by Tesla coils wearing a conductive suit and headgear (which I don't think Tesla wore?)

www.digitalspy.co.uk...

If he took off that metal helmet and some researcher claimed the EM field scrambled his thinking a little bit, I'd be inclined to find the claim plausible.

AlienView posted the following quotation by Nikola Tesla in his thread Nikola Tesla claimed Alien contact and I thought it might have some relevance, or at least interest, to the topic here:
That got me thinking about Tesla and the fact that he seemed to have increasingly aberrant mental activity as he aged. We may never know the true cause or causes of that mental deterioration, but sleep deprivation might be one possible cause. However after seeing the topic of this thread, it occurs to me that Tesla is one of the few people who worked around electromagnetic fields which could be strong enough to disrupt brain activity. I always suspected such effects would probably be temporary, and brain activity would likely return to normal after exposure to the intense field ceased. But then again it's not unthinkable that if the exposure is high enough and/or the duration is long enough, the damage could be permanent (hearing loss from exposure to loud noises works this way, for example).

Some of the stuff Tesla worked with was dangerous. One woman built a Tesla coil in her basement and she appeared to have developed lung problems from breathing the high ozone concentrations it created. It also had some intense EM fields; it used so much power that she had to upgrade the electricity feeding her house to operate it. But unless you're very close to a very high power source like that, most claims about EM fields affecting the brain seem unfounded, consistent with what alfa1 noted about the research.
edit on 19-7-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Has me thinking about the pulse or wave devices on top of the police vehicles during the time of occupy and several other posts have been made in relation to them. The use as implied was to quell the crowd, but after reading this I feel maybe they could go both ways. Quell the crowd or rile them up and the people have no clue why its happening???

Great and informative thread

SaneThinking

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Great post, Arbitrageur.

I found the following book--and its predecessor--rather fascinating at times. I don't agree with all the author's conclusions, but he collates a lot of material and case histories in a way that stretched my thinking about EM.

Electric Ufos: Fireballs, Electromagnetics and Abnormal States

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Yeah, I've seen that. too. Michael Persinger, in Canada, is the researcher's name and he's done oodles of studies on this (and been mentioned in these forums a billion times, of course).

But strangely, I feel this subject is silly and ... I want junk food and reality TV. Good luck with the tin foil.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baddogma
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Yeah, I've seen that. too. Michael Persinger, in Canada, is the researcher's name and he's done oodles of studies on this (and been mentioned in these forums a billion times, of course).

But strangely, I feel this subject is silly and ... I want junk food and reality TV. Good luck with the tin foil.

Persinger's work is very creepy because some of the subjects said they sensed the "presence" of another entity nearby. Could this explain encounters with Greys or ghosts? It would be interesting to correlate haunted houses with nearby magnetic deposits.

So yeah, we are very susceptible to fluctuating magnetic fields. I don't think a tin foil hat will do it, maybe a modified Faraday cage?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ionwind

Heh, well EM is a big issue now that we are bathed in it 24-7. Many paranormal researchers feel that (and studies have verified) EM fields cause unease, hallucinations and even panic... see Persinger, again... though I don't think it's the entire answer as I've run into autonomous, even ornery "fields" before!

There is definitely (okay, IMO and a few more reasonable people's) a link between these fields (especially of specific wavelengths) and certain "paranormal" perceptions, especially when feeling a presence.

Though I would suggest that it might indicate these beings exist (primarily) in the EM spectrum but enjoy (or in some cases not-so-much) an independent existence of a sort I can only guess about.

I would be less prone to insomnia if I was sure it was all EM caused hallucinations, though.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Further examination is in order, and sometime when I feel like writing again, I'll delve further into electromagnetic fields, psychic phenomena, and social interactions. But for now, let's ask ourselves the questions: Are electromagnetic fields being used as part of psychological manipulation of manchurian candidates, and is this technology being used on a large scale to manipulate the decision making processes of entire populations?

The magnetic fields need to be fairly strong, or to be focused in a small area, for effects to occur. This could be achieved by cell phone towers though, if, like HAARP, they use phased array antennas and beam steering. With software, the cell phone towers could be made into phased arrays, and be able to concentrate the energy in a small enough region centred on the cell phone location to affect your decisions. Like maybe suddenly thinking "gee, I could really use a Coke right now."
And the irony is of course, that we have embraced all this wireless technology so willingly, and we are gladly paying the bill to construct the infrastructure needed to one day perhaps control our thoughts and actions. Silly human race?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Any talk of HAARP, or emf weapons, or MKUltra, or brainwashing... in fact anything related to conspiracies is completely dumped into the waste garbage nonsense pile... just by reading the original source.

Just want to support your point, to a point. True, the effects are usually so mild the average person (if such a beast exists) doesn't notice.

There are very sensitive (or crazy, your choice of descriptors) people who claim drastic effects from EM.

I would think even the hint of promise in regards to "brainwashing" would pique the interest of certain folks looking for a way to spend taxpayers (or the black market's) hard-earned money.

I'm not saying they developed something that works, but I bet they looked into it and still are. I wouldn't expect them not to, 'cause what if an "enemy" did? And I might also add that since there is a slight influence seen with EM on the brain, then why not suppose more research might not happen upon a more effective result?

Only conjecture, but unfortunately that's all most of us have, barring a drunk, lonely spook at a Virginia bar.

And really, old fashioned propaganda/ manipulation is cheaper and works great.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Awesome. This is one of my favorite topics. Very fascinating. I wish more were known about this (in the public-- I'm certain the government has explored this tech quite a lot and aren't sharing all their data.) And I wish trans-cranial stimulation were easier for the layman to play with-- as "sketchy" as that idea might seem....

Originally posted by ahnggk
I sleep with a magnet, literally...

To tell you, a magnet changing a personality is negligible compared to how losing your job alter morality and decision making.

Please forgive my saying so, but that seems like a little bit of an ignorant comment. Doubly so if you're basing that on your own personal experience. I hope you do realize that simply putting a magnet against your head will not reproduce some of the types of effects discussed in this thread, or the source articles. In fact, I'd speculate that effect to be in the range of super-weak to non-existent.

On the other hand, with a powerful magnet (that can be focused on a very small area, and can be switched on and off, etc) you can induce all the phenomenon mentioned here and more. The "god helmet" is one example of this. Magnetic stimulation can be so powerful you can induce a deep religious feeling / experience in a person, theoretically even a person who does not normally have such feelings / beliefs. That's very powerful stuff. Right on the order of the level of change you could get from losing a job, as you say, or even greater.

(Though the potential mental effect of losing a job should not be underestimated lol)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Would make sense since the brain needs electricity to operate, as well as brain waves could give off some type of magnetic force. It also sounds like another way of brain entertainment like binurals for example, however that requires the user to listen in order for it to alter the brain waves.

Also this could very well have a similar effect like the sun for example. On a hot day, people are usually agitated due to the heat, and quite possibly magnetic forces from our star could also be the culprit. Another example would be the full moon, due to its magnetic force affecting the iron in our blood, or that the supposed ed theory.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Project Blue Beam, anyone?
If Serge Monast was telling the truth, military already has this technology on satellites. With that technology and resources, they can / could manipulate the whole population on the planet. And yes... tin foil hat does block EM waves. You can check it yourself. Just wrap your cell phone in any metallic foil and it shouldn't have any signal. Foil enclosing you cellphone blocks EM waves. It is based on principle of Faraday Cage

The reception or transmission of radio waves, a form of electromagnetic radiation, to or from an antenna within a Faraday cage is heavily attenuated or blocked by a Faraday cage.

You're welcome
edit on 19/7/2013 by Fichorka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

This is just common sense, and many of us knew it to be true but there has always been some people and members, who I will not name, like PHAGE, who have claimed that magnetism does nothing to humans and does not affect us...

Perhaps now those members, like PHAGE, who have been claiming "magnetism does not affect humans" can now understand how very wrong their claims have been.

Thank you for the excerpts and links.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

...I would think even the hint of promise in regards to "brainwashing" would pique the interest of certain folks looking for a way to spend taxpayers (or the black market's) hard-earned money.

I'm not saying they developed something that works, but I bet they looked into it and still are. I wouldn't expect them not to, 'cause what if an "enemy" did? And I might also add that since there is a slight influence seen with EM on the brain, then why not suppose more research might not happen upon a more effective result?

Only conjecture, but unfortunately that's all most of us have, barring a drunk, lonely spook at a Virginia bar.

And really, old fashioned propaganda/ manipulation is cheaper and works great.

I like your thinking and, yeah, a good dose of psyops is generally the first stop for such folk---not that "stop" has much meaning in their world.

At that crossroads where military intelligence and weird science meet we actually find some very serious folk who are taken very seriously and who are used to taking what they want.

I was a skeptic who got drawn into the subject slowly, and I came to realize that if you ignore all the stuff that just sounds crazy and follow the published papers and documented quotes of certain folk, that in itself is enough to paint a pretty scary and ugly picture.

I'm working on a couple of other projects, but I'll try and scare some stuff up to link.

In the meantime, this is tip of the iceberg, but the following online article references some official word on the subject:

The American public was never informed that the military had planned to develop electromagnetic weapons until 1982, when the revelation appeared in a technical Air Force magazine.

The magazine article stated, "....specifically generated radio-frequency radiation (RFR) fields may pose powerful and revolutionary anti-personnel military trends." The article indicated that that it would be very easy to use electromagnetic fields to disrupt the human brain because the brain, itself, was an electrically mediated organ. It further indicated that a rapidly scanning RFR system would have a stunning or killing capability over a large area. The system was developable.

Navy Captain Dr. Paul E. Taylor read a paper at the Air University Center for Aerospace Doctrine, Research and Education, at Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama. Dr. Taylor was responsible for the Navy's Radiation Laboratory and had been studying radiation effects on humans.

In his paper, Dr. Taylor stated, "The ability of individuals to function (as soldiers) could be degraded to such a point that would be combat ineffective." The system was so sophisticated that it employed microwaves and millimeter waves and was transportable by a large truck.

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in the South Bay, are working on the development of a "brain bomb". A bomb could be dropped in the middle of a battlefield which would produce microwaves, incapacitating the minds of soldiers within a circumscribed area.

Applications of microwave technology in espionage were available for over 25 years. In a meeting in Berkeley of the American Association for the Advancement of Science as early as 1965, Professor J. Anthony Deutsch of New York University, provided an important segment of research in the field of memory control. In layman terms, Professor Deutsch indicated that the mind is a transmitter and if too much information is received, like too many vehicles on a crowded freeway, the brain ceases to transmit. The Professor indicated that an excess of acetyl choline in the brain can interfere with the memory process and control.

He indicated excess amounts of acetyl choline can be artificially produced, through both the administration of drugs or through the use of radio waves. The process is called Electronic Dissolution of Memory (EDOM). The memory transmission can be stopped for as long as the radio signal continues.

As a result, the awareness of the person skips over those minutes during which he is subjected to the radio signal. Memory is distorted, and time-orientation is destroyed.

www.whale.to...

A lot of EM stuff falls under the "Non-Lethal" weaponry banner. I'll dig up some direct links to official papers and documents, but I thought I'd leave this for now.
edit on 19-7-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Well, pretty good for an off-the-cuff post... I've been reading about this stuff for too many decades and I always let it slip away from my mind as the implications aren't comfortable... cognitive dissonance? Or perhaps they are way more advanced than even the most ardent conspiracy geek suspects and they have a blanket of forgetfulness beamed over the world...

Ha... (weakly) ha?

Once immersed in gov black ops pertaining to ET and MK Ultra, it is so hard to keep one's mind from running wild... same with all this fringe subject matter, really, but once you find out there's some small bit of reality to it, the darned slippery slope sucks you on down...

But thanks for the info... from the forgetful.

EDIT: and after five minutes of reading the link I remember why I forgot about this area of knowledge because humans are influenced way too easily. Far more easily, in fact, than most would ever even consider
edit on 7/19/2013 by Baddogma because: add
edit on 7/19/2013 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

EDIT: and after five minutes of reading the link I remember why I forgot about this area of knowledge because humans are influenced way too easily. Far more easily, in fact, than most would ever even consider

Hold on there, grasshopper, I like your mind and I like to think I ask the tough questions, too.

Remember what I said about digging into this subject: Forget anything that sounds like loonville and just focus on documents and such. I'm really busy on another topic of mine so I wish you'd take that uber-sharp mind and find some of those documents and white papers yourself, however I do understand that I'm the one making the assertion so...yeah, I'll get back here when I can and put up.

Seriously, If you were to dig a bit deeper, and found more evidence than you had previously known existed, then I think you could be a big thorn in the side of those fine folk that brought us MK-ULTRA, Bluebird, Artichoke, Project Often, Naomi, Sleeping Beauty (EMF and microwave effects on human brain) etc., etc.

edit on 19-7-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Just a few links for those interested: Deepthought,newsvine. A wealth of information. Another, which though does not explain effects, certainly suggests they are known and real, from DOD policy and procedure regarding EMF:
www.dtic.mil...

There are many other links, and evidence of this tech being used in battle and in peacetime....but I will leave you all to your own conjecture and research, as I have been quite vocal in my own thread on this topic already, and wish to leave it for others, now, to discover and understand the implications of. I suggest, also, inspecting the U.S. Patents page, and laws which were passed in the early 70's regarding use of such weaponry on the population at large.
This should fill in the whole story.

As with anything, to the OP's original writing, there are always good things possible with technology....But realistically, I will leave it to you to understand where we are and how things are usually conducted here. We are usually sold the best possible application of the tech, while underneath, the undertow or undercurrent, there are diametrically opposed motivations present and operating.
Tetra50

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Ever since first hearing of it last spring, I’ve had a deepening sense of foreboding – an unnamed dread of the upcoming shift to an all-digital television broadcast signal, scheduled to occur in February 2009. Now, I believe, that nameless dread may have a name, after all. The Department of Defense calls it Silent Sound Spread Spectrum (SSSS), and it also goes by the name of S-quad or Squad. In the private sector, the technology goes by the name of Silent Subliminal Presentation System and the technology has also been released to certain corporate vendors who have attached catchy brand names like BrainSpeak Silent Subliminals to their own SSSS-based products. Whatever you call it, SSSS is a technology that uses subliminal programming that is carried over Ultra-High Frequency (UHF) broadcast waves, planting inaudible messages directly into the subconscious human mind. Perfected more than twenty years ago by the Department of Defense and battlefield-tested upon unwitting Iraqi soldiers serving in the army of Saddam Hussein in the Gulf War during 1991, SSSS is a sinister weapon that may have been been developed for a specific mission: the total subjugation of the American people. Whether SSSS is coupled with the new all-digital TV signal as its means of delivery into the minds of an unsuspecting U.S. populace or not, it can be deployed by many different devices, including HAARP and GWEN towers, which would effectively blanket the entire nation at once. In fact, Judy Wall says that “there is evidence that the US Government has plans to extend the range of this technology to envelop all peoples, all countries. This can be accomplished, is being accomplished, by utilising the nearly completed HAARP project for overseas areas and the GWEN network now in place in the US. The US Government denies all this.” But the most insidious aspect of SSSS is that it is completely undetectable by those being targeted. Because it delivers its subliminal programming directly to the human brain via the auditory sense at frequencies that humans are incapable of perceiving as sound, there is no defense against it. Everyone on the planet is equally susceptible to mind control via SSSS and there isn’t any escape from it, as the UHF waves can be transmitted over very long distances from remotely located sources and will pass through walls and other objects as if they are not there. UHF is the frequency (100mhz) that has been used for television and radio broadcasting for as long as these media have existed. SSSS is designed to utilize UHF as a carrier wave. Even more insidious, though, is the fact that, coupled with the use of supercomputers, an individual’s unique electroencephalographic (EEG) patterns can be digitally altered and then stored for rebroadcast via digital UHF.

another interesting tech. read more at source: Link

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join