It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A concept (Freemasons and "Satan")

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
What I find amusing about my avatar is that very "religious" anti-masons always notice the woman in my avatar, but never the cat.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

I thought the references to alchemy were more pronounced than anything else.

Can you define what an anti-mason is? It is a commonly used term that seems to lack a real definition.
edit on 11-2-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

In my opinion, there are three types of anti-masons:

1. The conspiracy-theorist anti-mason: This person is opposed to Freemasonry because they believe that Masons are somehow controlling all the powers-that-be throughout the earth (or only in America in some cases), and often fear Masons.

2. The "religious" anti-mason: This person is opposed to Freemasonry because they believe that Masons are somehow controlled by Satan and are doing the devil's work with or without being aware of it.

3. The ignorant anti-mason: This person is opposed to Freemasonry because they believe that Masons are bad because they read it somewhere on the internet.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Saurus

In my opinion, there are three types of anti-masons:

1. The conspiracy-theorist anti-mason: This person is opposed to Freemasonry because they believe that Masons are somehow controlling all the powers-that-be throughout the earth (or only in America in some cases), and often fear Masons.

2. The "religious" anti-mason: This person is opposed to Freemasonry because they believe that Masons are somehow controlled by Satan and are doing the devil's work with or without being aware of it.

3. The ignorant anti-mason: This person is opposed to Freemasonry because they believe that Masons are bad because they read it somewhere on the internet.

Does that make numbers 1 and 2 knowledgeable anti-Masons as opposed to ignorant anti-Masons?

Haha just kidding.

The Hidden Hand (the real Hidden Hand, not the one you read about all over the internet or in psychological experiments conducted on ATS) does use Masonry as a venue, btw, but it is just one venue of many and Masonry is not directly tied to it. The world itself controlled by Satan. God is not of this world. If God is in you, the one in you is stronger than the one in the world.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

FreeWillAnomaly
The world itself controlled by Satan.

As far as I am concerned this is equivalent to saying the world is controlled by the Tooth Fairy.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I don't have any money or a job so I won't bother lying to myself.

Also I am not under any false impressions that it matters.
I know I don't fit in anywhere and I know people don't care.
Being in a club isn't going to improve that, I'm afraid.

Even here at ATS I realize things are screwed up.
Much less in RL with people face to face...
At this point I'd settle for just a 'friend'.

I don't mean to complain, it's just the reality I accept and struggle against daily.
It's an explanation of my honest feelings.

Sigh...

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Oh I'm sorry, you said "not cool bro."

My meaning was that just sticking to blind obedience to other men of faith and not seeking intellectual enlightenment left us in the dark ages. I should have written that different as I was trying to go for "an enlightened mind is a mind for God." Failure on my part.

It's not my interpretation, the Bible states that Lucifer was a Babylonian king. I did not care to respond to Pinocchio...I was responding to you and maybe I've missed where you talked about the Hiramic legend.

It is claimed that Masonic light is allegorical for God's light, yet God's light does not blind.

Who says this?

God uses Satan (the angel of light) to blind.

According to whom?

Do you ascribe to duality? I am still confused as to whether some Masons or all Masons ascribe to duality

Let's say for the sake of argument I do.

I've never said that salvation based in Jesus is dumb.

What about the acts of the Apostles? Weren't those magic?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Not cool bro was in reference to participation in the psychological experiment. Your inability to be consistent and honest is astounding. You knew what it was referring to.

You directly quoted me saying that purifying your mind and attaining righteousness is a task to be held in high regard and is the path to Heaven. You directly responded to that quote by saying that kind of thinking would have kept us in the dark ages.

I'm not going to argue with you, and you do ascribe to duality. Do all Masons ascribe to duality upon achieving a proper level of "enlightenment?"

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Having money and friends brings a man to ruin.

I used to have way too much of both. Life is better without.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

You do not define reality, though.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

FreeWillAnomaly

I define my own reality and in it fairy tale boogeymen do not exist. My reality is devoid of superstitious dogma like belief in a fabricated being such as Satan.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

FreeWillAnomaly

I define my own reality and in it fairy tale boogeymen do not exist. My reality is devoid of superstitious dogma like belief in a fabricated being such as Satan.

Who needs a Satan when we have Each Other (humans)!?

It's just the scapegoat that takes the fall for our personal failures.

Even "IF" there were a real "Satan" entity, it would be an agent of 'God's Will' anyhow.
Lack of self responsibility has gotta be one of our main problems here.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

muzzleflash
Who needs a Satan when we have Each Other (humans)!?

It's just the scapegoat that takes the fall for our personal failures.

Even "IF" there were a real "Satan" entity, it would be an agent of 'God's Will' anyhow.
Lack of self responsibility has gotta be one of our main problems here.

Exactly, my friend. I find this belief in Satan revolves more around trying to expunge the ills of humanity by casting them on to some prime mover who manipulates and operates outside of human influence. Using this frame of thought you are not culpable for your own detestable actions; 'the Devil made me do it'.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

FreeWillAnomaly

Having money and friends brings a man to ruin.

I used to have way too much of both. Life is better without.

I disagree, man brings himself to ruin without either just fine.
Having friends and money isn't all that, but it would aid in making life less frustrating.
That's my current hypothesis and I base it on the past.

My only consolation prize is that I know the Reaper approaches so it doesn't matter anyway.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
"People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made."
~Joan Rivers

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Saurus
"People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made."
~Joan Rivers

Happiness can bring a man to ruin. I used to be way too happy. Before that, life was hard. I learned a few tricks and was way too happy for a number of years.

Then a few things happened and I found out why:

"Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life." John 12:25

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

FreeWillAnomaly

I define my own reality

You do not define your own reality. You can define the illusions present in your perceptions and perspective, but reality is and always will be defined by God.

I think your views are very irresponsible. Maybe this is a personal responsibility issue. You are responsible for realizing that you do not define your own reality, and that trying to is a sin.

And on that topic, I recently watched Total Recall. Decent movie, at the least bearable which is more than I can say for most movies.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

FreeWillAnomaly

"Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life." John 12:25

"You who are young, be happy while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth.
Ecclesiastes 11:9

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

You should stop concerning yourself with the material world, which is in the hands of Satan, and concern yourself with matters of the spirit. If you do that, you will realize why money and friends serve to hinder the purification of your mind. No men are good.

One friend is like a brother, though. For the most part, everyone will have one friend that is good for their mind. That is a rarity indeed (a friend that helps you purify your mind).

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

The Bible as written by man can indeed be interpretated. Plus we're facing mistranslations and changes in meaning of words from the time it was written to today.

You have to let God interpret it for you.

Who says my interpretations are not God given?

Light is emblematic of knowledge or enlightenment. When we speak of "Masonic Light" we speak of knowledge about the mysteries and symbols of Freemasonry versus those who are not members who are in the dark in regards to Freemasonry.

Pinocchio's post was his interpretation. He makes a good point that the pupil, or rather initiate, must be ready to receive light, in any avenue.

Masonic light is not about blinding literally or figuratively.

Calling someone "fundamentalist" doesn't make them not Christian.

It's up to each Mason what he ascribes to.

There's nothing wrong with money or friends. You sound just like a bitter recluse. Again, Proverbs 27:17.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join