It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herbology indicates Alien contact

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

Fire- lightning strike to grass fire to delicious partially charred old deer.
Wheel- rocks rolling down hill, seeing beetles roll dung, finding a small rock with a hole in it then putting a stick in the hole and spinning the rock

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kkrattiger

Fire- lightning strike to grass fire to delicious partially charred old deer.
Wheel- rocks rolling down hill, seeing beetles roll dung, finding a small rock with a hole in it then putting a stick in the hole and spinning the rock

I see where you are comming from, but what made them make carts? What made them make more then one wheel on a cart? Why dont apes do the same? We had the mentality of apes back then right? Maybe those creators gave that push to them. To start eating certin meats and veg. to get to those higher plain of thought. I think that would be plasuable. If they still had the mentality of apes wouldnt that lightning strike scare them? How could they get rubbing two stick of wood together would create the same thing as lightning? They had to have a push or a teacher.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

Medicine was discovered then the same way it is now. Give a substance to a human being, see what it does.

only now we tend to start with mice and rats and work our way up to people.

The various herbs weren't just discovered to be medicine one day, it's something that has been learned over thousands of years. Many of these cures are poisons, but in the right dose have desirable effects. It wasn't just there one day and not another.

Modern medicine often derives modern cures from the same plants, so it's not really something new for these natural treatments to be proven. The difference being purity really.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
so then using your theory we can say that aliens taught us how to cook?
with all the different herbs and spices in the world what are the chances that we just randomly through trial and error managed to add just the right spices in just the right amounts to make such tasty meals?
How did they manage to pass down the receipes for generation after generation, did they print them in a book or something? no, it had to of been alien intervention.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Aliens also brought fire to earth don't you know. Before then, nothing ever burned on earth it was crazy, forests just grew and grew and grew, every meal was eaten cold.

We also learned to swim from ET, I mean we are born on land, live on land. How could we ever figure that one out, if you take a fish and put it on the land it just flops around and dies.

They also taught us to speak. No other animal just randomly learned to talk, I mean that's preposterous.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
So before you continue with the Aliens gave us wheeled carts theory I have some items I'd like you to read. Some of which I haven't read myself yet, I am not an expert in Neurology and reasons why we developed at a different rate. I am going to read the extremely long paper tonight.

Here they are:
humanorigins.si.edu...

www.pnas.org...

courses.biology.utah.edu...
(This one is the long one.)

This is some very interesting reading and would be a good spot to start to understand the more complex theories on human brain development that don't involve the "aliens did it" theory.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
To answer your question....
NO.

Not everything is Aliens man.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bphi1908
So before you continue with the Aliens gave us wheeled carts theory I have some items I'd like you to read. Some of which I haven't read myself yet, I am not an expert in Neurology and reasons why we developed at a different rate. I am going to read the extremely long paper tonight.

Here they are:
humanorigins.si.edu...

www.pnas.org...

courses.biology.utah.edu...
(This one is the long one.)

This is some very interesting reading and would be a good spot to start to understand the more complex theories on human brain development that don't involve the "aliens did it" theory.

Great links. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Rubbing hands together makes heat. Fire is hot. Dried wood catches fire readily. Rub sticks together, or better, rub a stick into a groove in a dried log. Or flint knapping... striking rocks together one notices some rocks shoot sparks. Fires sometimes spark. Look for rocks which spark when struck upon another rock.

Don't put the "cart" before the pottery wheel.

from wikipedia's "wheel" page-
"c. 4500 BC: invention of the potter's wheel, beginning of the Chalcolithic (Ubaid period)
4500–3300 BC: Chalcolithic, earliest wheeled vehicles, domestication of the horse"

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
So humans arent smart enough over 10's of 1000's of years to come up with their own herbalism knowledge?

Hey aliens come down here right now... my shoes are untied and I cant figure this out for the life of me!... heeeeelp.

My cat is currently sick, but every day he goes out sniffs around until he finds a patch of clay, rigorously smells it until he finds just the piece of dirt hes wanting then either licks it for a few minutes or eats it. He's able to find, and analyze just the right piece for what he considers the lack of minerals in his diet... all with his nose, heck ever watched a cat sniff around a lump of grass looking for a specific blade of grass?.

Humans are no different, herbs smell and taste good to us, they entice us, we've eaten them through out or existence as a species either deliberately or by accident and thus finding them tasty is for a reason. Throw in observation (which is a trait all animals have to a degree, even cows will find and eat certain plants for self medication) and humans would start to see and think about how they felt when dealing with new food stuffs and what benefit such things could give you. Such knowledge has been built upon for millenia, and hey some of that old knowledge is actually pretty wrong in some instances, hell the Chinese used to give people mercury for certain ailments... not a good idea, so did they get that one from Aliens?

And heres a personal example, I was at work 10 years ago and I wasnt feeling particularity all that well, I was near to my knock off time (about an hour), kinda dizzy and had nausea (I had eaten well that day so wasn't anything like that)... but for some odd reason I started suddenly having a strong craving for licorice, once i knocked off I went and bought some and within a minute of eating it I was feeling 100% better. Guess what I found out afterwards... licorice can soothe nausea. I didnt know that at the time but my body did, or it at the very least knew licorice had what I needed and it tied the taste of licorice in my memory with that fact to make me get some.

Look at all the advances we've made in the last 400 years, I havent seen any aliens telling us about em, so why not extrapolate that fact back a few thousand years, no aliens required.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Im sure they seen that lightning created fire, but what gave them that push to start on their own?

I know a healthy diet of cooked deer and some vegetables are good for brain development. Also their altitude had something to do with it. Im saying we took off with the idea, but where did those ideas come from? Not a knuckle dragging, one removed ape that can stand. It was shown to him, and he repeated it.

Look at all the tools made for making sparks from other rocks and tools for making fire from rubbing wood together. It cant just be trial by fire, no pun intended. They just werent that smart. They were eating raw food in the begining. Then they discovered fire. I want to know what happend in that gap between the two.

Did lightning strike a tree and they had food in their hands and then shoved it into the fire? Or did they burn the # out of their hands? Did they accidently light millions of acres on fire before figureing out that fire spreads? What gave them the push to do that? I would figure that if i was used to eating something, then something that looks like it hurts and scares me comes along why would I put my only food source into it? Wasnt food hard to come by? Well it took teams of them to take down most of it. If they were as smart as you say then they wouldnt do it. They would fear that the food would not come back.

They must have had an intense fear of fire, so its likely they avoided it until they were taught how to use it properly. You could be right, I could be right. Maybe one of their guys was like fcuk it Im going to see what happens. Or maybe on a basic level they were shown.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Just think about what your saying...

ALIENS came down and instead of giving the ancient stupid people access to tech like lighters or better yet alien ray guns, they gave em' two sticks and told them to rub them together.

and...then....left.

Why do you doubt humans ability to learn and capacity for imagination?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
there is a brew in South America that even Ethnobotanists can't quite comprehend how the shaman's knew.

Terence McKenna
“How they made this discovery – take plant A and plant B and combine them – that’s where the mystery lies… Because, of the 80,000 or so plant species in the Amazon, how would the shamans figure out that if you combine just this one with just that one you would come up with this powerful hallucinogen out of all the ones they might have selected? Neither one…is something that one would be motivated to consume. They don’t look good to eat, and they’re NOT good to eat, and yet they figured this out.” - See more at: ayahuascarecipe.org...
edit on 16-7-2013 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bphi1908
Just think about what your saying...

ALIENS came down and instead of giving the ancient stupid people access to tech like lighters or better yet alien ray guns, they gave em' two sticks and told them to rub them together.

and...then....left.

Why do you doubt humans ability to learn and capacity for imagination?

I dont doubt them at all. I look at the earth as a giant petri dish. So giving them a little bit and seeing how they do sounds like scientists doing an experment. I think the earth was created, by an alien race. We were put here in varying stages of evolution. Maybey they started with lizzards, then gave them different genitic codes to see what happened. Boom, you got giant dinosaures, small ones were created ect. Then maybe, they started playing around with their own DNA. Made something like us, then messed with more genitic codes. Just like in a petri dish they started to give us different stimulation..(Fire, cooked food, herbs, plants,) After them teaching the smartest of thier creations, they just sat back and watched what they did. Then from time to time dropped down with fire in the sky to speed up or just even change some outcomes.

I think we are one of very many petri dishes Look at all the jumps from one evolution to the other, what happened in that time frame? More evolution, or more genitic coding?.
edit on 16-7-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by Tardacus

Aliens also brought fire to earth don't you know. Before then, nothing ever burned on earth it was crazy, forests just grew and grew and grew, every meal was eaten cold.

We also learned to swim from ET, I mean we are born on land, live on land. How could we ever figure that one out, if you take a fish and put it on the land it just flops around and dies.

They also taught us to speak. No other animal just randomly learned to talk, I mean that's preposterous.

I liked the fish analogy except we also didn't know fish was edible either apparently until Alien told us it was ok! I am surprised we can even breath without Alien intervention...

Now Mountain Dew...I do blame that on them Aliens! It is really Slurm I tell ya! SLURM!!!
edit on 16-7-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Go ahead and make fun of other opinions on the subject. Thats cool to each his own, its just not too classy.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Everyone has a right to their own opinion and I applaud you for sticking to your guns in the face of overwhelming opposition. I just wish you wouldn't throw away all the scientific research on the matter of human evolution in favor of baseless speculation.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join