It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herbology indicates Alien contact

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bphi1908

That was very well put! It reminded me a bit of the Boondock Saints....
With the whole A and B thing.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
so you dont believe the experience of generations of humans tasting and evolving and passing on knowledge existed ...

Ah those Darwinists. Tell me please, while we physiologically evolved, how did the mind evolve, the intelligence, yet not a single other animal did? I know - just coincidence, didn't know coincidences for intelligence can happen like with the snap of a finger, thanks!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
People used to listen to their parents about the important stuff. We are being conditioned to ignore that stuff now so we get dependent on society. If we are dependent on society and the governing body, we cannot live without them. That is why they make us sick, so they can get us reliant on the medicines to get normal again, when all we needed to do is pay attention to what we were taught. Schools are important in this conditioning process yet many teachers do not realize they are even part of it, parroting what they are told without questioning or thoroughly researching it first.

There is not a necessary link between Herbology and Aliens, if anything it would show evidence as to the contrary. Humans have been intelligent for a very long time. If anything we have gotten less intelligent and more gullible lately.

Well said sir! To claim "aliens" for every single discovery/invention or any other profound event based on intelligence is simply ridiculous.
Not too many years ago, human beings owed their prosperity and knowledge only to themselves. "Back then", we all had to think for ourselves, solve our own problems, fix things that were broken, etc... we even had to "earn" our salaries! There were no rewards, trophies and handouts for simply existing! I know that these concepts of self-reliance and "earning" things probably seem quite "alien" to todays younger generation (and I know there are a few exceptions), but human beings actually used to be exceedingly intelligent before the governments of the world took over every single aspect of our lives and made actual thinking an outdated thing of the past.
Our ancestors did use concepts like trial and error to figure things out as well as "accidental" discoveries (such as penicillin). Just because humans as a species seem to be losing intelligence as time goes by does not mean our ancestors were as ignorant and distracted as humans today.
A great many of the old herbal remedies and cures of old have been deliberately "buried" because they can't be patented and make the drug companies (and the senators/representatives they pay off) billions of dollars. Actual healing and curing are a thing of the past because there's no money in it - so we look at old medical cures and methods and assume that there is some extraordinary explanation for it, when the reality is that they disappeared due to greed.

And I'm not saying that there's no such thing as aliens. I think they are probably out there somewhere - I just don't believe they have been to Earth. Give humanity (especially back then) a little more credit.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

You wouldn't be so sure if you read about lots of cases, some even well documented in forum threads here.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

I wouldn't be so sure about what - alien visitation? If that's what you mean, I have been on ATS for many years and blurry pictures of airplane navigation lights and balloons mixed with "eyewitness testimony" do not convince me of alien visitation. I have even seen a UFO myself that I can't explain and even that did not convince me of alien visitation. I simply saw something I could not explain. Perhaps a secret military craft or maybe even my eyes misinterpreted what I saw - but bypassing Occam's Razor and assuming the most incredible explanation for things is not really in my nature. I can admit that it is possible, just unlikely in my opinion.

The universe is infinite. To assume that some alien civilization many hundreds or thousands of light years away from us were able to find us and for some silly reason want to hide from us is just not very likely to me. Earth's place in the universe, in the grand scheme of things, is like one singular grain of sand from all of the beaches on Earth put together. We are such an insignificant little speck of dust in the cosmos. To assume that some advanced alien culture must be interested in us (let alone even be aware of us) is the height of arrogance.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

the 'reply to' button.. thank you..
)

I don't think alien influence, more communication between dimensions or something..
) i would love to discuss more, but you're right, the T&C's and all. a shame really, because it's so fascinating!!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by knoxie

the 'reply to' button.. thank you..
)

I don't think alien influence, more communication between dimensions or something..
) i would love to discuss more, but you're right, the T&C's and all. a shame really, because it's so fascinating!!

No problem it helps members keep track of who is doing what. I often don't follow a full thread unless I am really curious about it.

Now you are getting the picture Multiple Dimensions might be the key and I believe that...There is weirdness with Herbology admittedly.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

i do think humans are capable.

just in this instance you do have to wonder... the amazon is quite dense and not easy at all to navigate. the plants do not grow near each other either.

they say the plants told them.. why don't we believe them is interesting. i do. too bad we can't discuss further.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

Ah those Darwinists. Tell me please, while we physiologically evolved, how did the mind evolve, the intelligence, yet not a single other animal did? I know - just coincidence, didn't know coincidences for intelligence can happen like with the snap of a finger, thanks!

Who told you we are the only ones who's mind evolved? Your question at the end of your very sarcastic and condescending tirade is inherently flawed. Asking why animals aren't as smart as humans is a bit like asking why all animals, including humans, can't run as fast as cheetahs. Why didn't every animal evolve this unique attribute? But I digress let's get back to you statement that we, and we alone have evolved intelligence.

What benchmarks are you using for your assessment?
Ability to use tools?
Consciousness thought?
Burying, mourning your dead?
Vocal communication?

Ability to use tools -
www.care2.com...
www.guardian.co.uk...
listverse.com...

Consciousness thought?
www.press.uchicago.edu...
icb.oxfordjournals.org...

Burying, mourning your dead?
www.npr.org...
www.bbc.co.uk...

Vocal communication?
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.pnas.org...
news.uchicago.edu...

I think there is still much to learn about the process of evolution, so to claim that Darwinism is a fraud and we were created by aliens is a stretch. As I said before in order to accept the extraordinary claims of alien contact giving us an intellectual boost you must first disprove the more likely theories, otherwise you are simply speculating.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

edit on 17-7-2013 by bphi1908 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Psych3d3licPsych3

whoa , I wasn't agreeing with anyone on it. Just offering a rational.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psych3d3licPsych3
Funny how my post got deleted , it told you exactly how people came to know this knowledge. To the truth is against t&Cs? I thought this site was about denying ignorance? Should we let everyone on her believe that aleins done it just because the truth isn't in line with the rules of this site? This is stupid as # if you don't see that there something wrong. Moderaters don't seem to like terrance mckenna on here much either, delelted my post about him and a thread a made because it mentioned the fact he took mushrooms ONCE , it went something like "terrance was known for his research and experiments with psychedelic mushrooms".. Seriously wtf? This site seems to be all about only showing you the information they want you to see, pity its filled with such amazing minds. So yeah aleins didn't do it psychedelics did. Cue smartarse moderater trying to belittle me... Countdown untill the truth gets deleted, 10, 9, 8 ...

Control takes many shapes and forms even within the freedom of discussion there is still control. There are reasons both pro and con to allow this sort of discussion. Perhaps the owners should re-evaluate it instead of denying it is there? In case you curious as to why read under Criticism...
edit on 17-7-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

We are not the only mammals to take herbs for aliments. Do you propose that the aliens taught animals which herbs to eat too..

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienView
The use of herbs for medicinal purposes can historically be dated as far back as 3500 BC in Egypt and 2500 BC in China. Modern day science has shown that many of these herbs do indeed have medicinal properties and contain chemical compounds that have curative properties. Since people back then did not have any way to scientifically evaluate these herbs we must ask ourselves how these ancient cultures came up with the right herbs to use and often used them for purposes that modern science shows are valid for the uses to which they were put to use. Some might say it was just the 'random chance' use of the various plants and coincidentally they found they worked!!! I ask you with all the many thousands of different plants/herbs that nature produces what are the odds that the right herb could be found for the right condition by random chance trial and error??? Very, very small, in fact it might be easier to take the old expression, 'give enough monkeys enough typewrites and eventually they will type out the Encyclopedia Britannica' - that will never happen; And primitive cultures could not have obtained an often valid medicinal base for herbs by random chance.

Therefor I propose that say 'Ancient Astronauts' [aliens] somehow communicated a data base of medicinal base herbology to ancient cultures which often is still valid and used in modern day herbalism. Alien contact can be considered as fact and herbalism is another indication of it.

I tend to agree that the sciences of metallurgy and alchemy were already known from the very beginning of human history. I think these bodies of knowledge came with the people from somewhere else. There were other developments that came suddenly and without events leading up to them too - women wearing makeup and farming are a couple examples that come to mind. We also had an established law in the codex of Hammurabi which seems to be a complete directory and set of rules FROM people who were advanced and FOR those who were less so.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join