It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herbology indicates Alien contact

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Loveaduck

I think it might be because they actually do work to control what messages you let out there

Nope its because discussion of certain topics is not allowed and they are the rules , we are all visitors here so we obey the rules , like when you visit somebody's house you respect their wishes .

Its not difficult , its not unfair , its the way it is

edit on 17-7-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

It might be interesting to view it from the opposite angle as well.

Mike Bunce, a geneticist at Murdoch University near Perth, Australia, led a study of traditional asian medicine:

They identified 68 families of plants, including a poisonous herb called Ephedra and the woody vine Aristolochia. Sometimes known as birthwort, Aristolochia contains aristolochic acid, which can cause kidney and liver damage and bladder cancer. Medicinal use of the herb probably explains high rates of bladder cancer in Taiwan, according to a paper published this week in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

At least one of the four medicines that contained Aristolochia DNA also contained aristolochic acid. Other medicines contained DNA from plants in the same family as ginseng -- the root of which is illegal to trade internationally -- as well as soya and nut-bearing plants, which can cause severe allergic reactions. But many plant DNA sequences could not be pinned to individual species, because plant genetic databases are incomplete.

Source: Scientific American

Sure there is a few well known substances that works. But the Asian medicine is more made from superstition that from any ancient alien knowledge.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I know that someone probably already said this, but those tribes always seemed to have medicine men who pretty much spent a life time trying out herbs looking for ways to cure people. its just the evolution of medicine. to suggest aliens did it is to suggest that aliens also gave us the tools to cure the things that we can cure today.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Its a testing thing when i was a kid my instinct told me this plant will help for your bruise because it smells medical for example and i was between 5-9 not joking and i was correct.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyesontheskies

I know that someone probably already said this, but those tribes always seemed to have medicine men who pretty much spent a life time trying out herbs looking for ways to cure people. its just the evolution of medicine. to suggest aliens did it is to suggest that aliens also gave us the tools to cure the things that we can cure today.
You are just assuming that they spent all their time trying different cures when the truth is that we are all guided in our journeys and there are some that can communicate better than most. I know many people have done things they have never done before and found they were a natural at it. The thing about the shaman that points to my assertion being correct is the fact that before you could receive any healing the shaman had to have permission from the other side and often tribes would watch some die for various reasons that have to do with karma or sin debt.
edit on 18-7-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I disagree. The first knowledge came from watching animals who use herbs. Form that initial action the a system of empirical studies and sympathetic or even magical thinking. This was the basis of modern medicine.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
This is an amazing hypothisus, but i also believe that the fact we had mad- scientist when the plauge and other diseases were around, would experiment on humans, leads me to think, that people using herbs that long ago were probably doing what mad-scienstist would have done, give the medicine, and hope for the best. Medicine is still known as a practise, not something we can definently do.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Loveaduck

I think it might be because they actually do work to control what messages you let out there

Nope its because discussion of certain topics is not allowed and they are the rules , we are all visitors here so we obey the rules , like when you visit somebody's house you respect their wishes .

Its not difficult , its not unfair , its the way it is

edit on 17-7-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

I am sure it is but for the sake of argument, I wonder what you might do if you DID want to control your message and make sure it was always no more and no less than you wanted to reveal? You might have strict rules. The stricter the better. But I am 100% certain what you speak of is noble, orderly and necessary regulation. We all need that...to control us and weed out our disorderly and alarmist tendencies.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

It's a bit of a mystery, as to how South American Shamans manage to discover the right combinations of plants to produce the desired effect.

South America has an estimated 90,000 different species of plants.

Yet, the Shamans manage to find up to half a dozen plants, among these 90,000 that when mixed together in the right quantities go on to produce a medicinal or curatitive effect.

Quite how they manage to isolate exactly the right plants from such a varied and massive garden, is the mystery.

There are reports though, that give tantalising clues that the Shamans are accessing heireditary memory, a memory that is composed of EVERY generation in the Shaman's family line.

Yes, it sounds far fetched, but research is beginning to show that such a genetic memory actually exists, and is under very particular circumstances available to be examined and interrogated for information gathered and learned by the generations of our particular bloodlines that came before us.

The memory is said to be encoded, digitally, in our DNA. Specifically, the 90%+ of our DNA that science thinks serves no purpose, and so call 'Junk DNA'...i theorise it's anything but junk.

The Shaman goes into a trance-like state (drug induced) and is able to speak to his or her 'spirit guides' for advice. A lot of the time, the spirit guide is in the form of an animal...a snake quite often.

What does a coiled snake resemble?

DNA.

The Shaman is actually accessing memories and experience learned by his genertic ancestors, who memories were passed down to him ecoded in the DNA package donated to him when he is conceived in the womb.

This can explain 'reincarnation memories' or flashes of memory of a past life...but the past life isn't yours, it's the accidental triggering of the memory of the life lived, and stored digitally in DNA that was ultimately passed on to all of us.

Imagine what we could learn if we could find an easy and efficient method to access these stored 'lives' and memories encoded in our own bodies!

We may even discover memories of being elsewhere...or coming from elsewhere...which would mean that our ancestors, in the remote past - perhaps hundreds of thousands of years ago..were the aliens.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

interesting side note, I always love to point out..
) francis crick admittedly was under the influence when he deduced the double helix design of dna.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienView
reply to post by okamitengu

Not in a million years of random chance selection could a valid herbal base evolve - too many variables and modern
day scientific methods did not yet exist. The knowledge had to come from an outside [alien] source. It may be,
as in the case with some cultures, be attributed to 'Shamans" - but where did the Shamans get it from? Magic?
Or Aliens? They used to think the Shamans were performing magic - Believe in magic if you want - I'd sooner believe
in contact with an advanced alien species [ancient astronauts] in the past history of humanity

yea folks blow your idea off here but haven't really looked into to the GLOBAL use of mind altering natural drugs and its association with the foundation of Global shamanism.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

you might be interested in Dr Strassman's book - dmt the spirit molecule. many of the volunteers had experiences very similar to alien abduction.

His experiments shone a whole new light on unexplained phenomena such as alien abductions.
www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bphi1908
reply to post by ImpactoR

Ah those Darwinists. Tell me please, while we physiologically evolved, how did the mind evolve, the intelligence, yet not a single other animal did? I know - just coincidence, didn't know coincidences for intelligence can happen like with the snap of a finger, thanks!

I think there is still much to learn about the process of evolution, so to claim that Darwinism is a fraud and we were created by aliens is a stretch. As I said before in order to accept the extraordinary claims of alien contact giving us an intellectual boost you must first disprove the more likely theories, otherwise you are simply speculating.

I never claimed there is no evolution, I can agree with the physiological one, I question the evolution of the mind. You are saying how birds and other animals can use tools but this is hardly evolution. I am talking about developing into the state of another civilization, coming from animals. So only the chimps or their early ancestors did it? Why didn't we see reptilian more intelligent coming from dinosaurs to evolve? Actually according to some there are such deep underground but I can doubt that, since too many fancy stories over the internet. Why didn't we see other beings to evolve into a civilization?

For f sake... this is the close mindness I attack. There is more into evolution but there may be as well more than just evolution and mutation, no not because of the Bible but because of many other strange things and sources of ancient things, machines and until proven, this remains a possibility, do you understand?

Originally posted by tallcool1

I wouldn't be so sure about what - alien visitation? If that's what you mean, I have been on ATS for many years and blurry pictures of airplane navigation lights and balloons mixed with "eyewitness testimony" do not convince me of alien visitation. I have even seen a UFO myself that I can't explain and even that did not convince me of alien visitation. I simply saw something I could not explain. Perhaps a secret military craft or maybe even my eyes misinterpreted what I saw - but bypassing Occam's Razor and assuming the most incredible explanation for things is not really in my nature. I can admit that it is possible, just unlikely in my opinion.

So am I, am also not convinced. However, you show me that you know little and basic about the topic, even though the most serious cases may as well be military gadgets, the reason for such possibility remains from the many clues throughout history combined with some cases today. Nothing is conclusive but I would say, the amount of clues outweigh the 'fake alien stories' scenario

Also where are those darn whiseblowers to unravel the mystery once and for all and say these stories were all made up due to military programs - why never? I am sorry but the likelihood of hiding something foreign is more than the false alert scenario described.

Plus I am only taking the side of calling it - quite possible, nothing is certain even from my side.
edit on 19-7-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR

Originally posted by bphi1908

Ah those Darwinists. Tell me please, while we physiologically evolved, how did the mind evolve, the intelligence, yet not a single other animal did? I know - just coincidence, didn't know coincidences for intelligence can happen like with the snap of a finger, thanks!

I think there is still much to learn about the process of evolution, so to claim that Darwinism is a fraud and we were created by aliens is a stretch. As I said before in order to accept the extraordinary claims of alien contact giving us an intellectual boost you must first disprove the more likely theories, otherwise you are simply speculating.

I never claimed there is no evolution, I can agree with the physiological one, I question the evolution of the mind. You are saying how birds and other animals can use tools but this is hardly evolution. I am talking about developing into the state of another civilization, coming from animals. So only the chimps or their early ancestors did it? Why didn't we see reptilian more intelligent coming from dinosaurs to evolve? Actually according to some there are such deep underground but I can doubt that, since too many fancy stories over the internet. Why didn't we see other beings to evolve into a civilization?

For f sake... this is the close mindness I attack. There is more into evolution but there may be as well more than just evolution and mutation, no not because of the Bible but because of many other strange things and sources of ancient things, machines and until proven, this remains a possibility, do you understand?

It sounds like you are just throwing random, unrelated subjects out there in hopes of convincing people. I would be more willing to entertain your theories if you were more specific. What ancient things, ancient machines? What about the bible? What reptilian underground civilization?

I do, as you do, believe there are mysteries out there that prove that we actually know very little about our own history and possibly origins but you aren't going to change minds with vague reference to items pulled from the internet.

You say you are attacking "close mindedness" well if all you have are ideas picked up from internet searches isn't it close minded not to at least consider that the human brain developed naturally? It is a possibility...isn't it?

Being open-minded I will concede that there is a possibility that the human mind may have been genetically altered in our past by aliens but I have no proof and I will not just believe it simply because it was suggested on Ancient Aliens. If you have evidence if it let me know.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I just love these arguments for the praise of humans and how they watched this and noticed that. Yes, this is quite possibly true in some cases, but there are also many people who have an affinity for plants (for example) and are guided to finding the correct energy in a plant which heals a paricular disease or condition.

All of the homeopathic flower remedies are probably an example of this. The mind can pick up universal or race knowledge and so what one generation learns, others can pick up in the past/future. This is not woo-woo since many of the great scientists had revelationary ideas and followed them through, bringing us our science of today. It is about trial and error, but helped by received impressions.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I agree with Qmantoo, above.
MANY New Age books describe the process . . .
"Hold the leaf in your hand. Ask the plant its purpose. Be still and listen."

That may be "alien" to some people but many indigenous tribes describe exactly that process for identifying medicinal properties in plants.
Very few modern humans are so in touch with nature as our ancient ancestors were.
Native Americans just might be able to teach us something.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Yeah, humans have had many, many years to find successful remedies. No need for aliens there.

Also, you are only talking about the successful discoveries. Consider how much bad medicine ancient people developed also. If we were given the information, we would never have poisoned ourselves with lead based face paint and whatnot.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join