It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Joshua Chellew less important than Trayvon Martin?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

To Clarify:

Originally this was posted in the 'Breaking News Forum', where rules require that the title OF THE ARTICLE sited be posted verbatim as the thread's headline.

This thread was subsequently moved to the 'Current Events Forum' by the moderators, retaining the headline of the article initially sited...as the headline of the thread itself.

I clarify, because the title of this thread, with which many seem to have taken issue (as regards it's actual wording), is not MY title...but, again, the title of the originally sited article.

I hope this helps.
-TAT

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Call me what you want to.. but let's face facts. Apparently if it is a black on white crime.. it is NEVER racist.. as blacks are incapable of being racists. Only white men and women are capable. And the media does whatever it can to stir the race issue on a daily basis.

Why is Joshua Chellew less important? He isn't. But his situation doesn't warrant as much emotion in the public. Why? Because most white people don't group themselves together like blacks do. That isn't meant to be a "racist" comment. It's just the truth. Black's refer to themselves as "brothers" and "sisters". Whites could give a damn about another white person. We just don't think like that. So.. when it is a black on white crime, the media just won't get a reaction like they did with the Zimmerman/Martin case.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Don't forget about Christopher Cervini. He was killed the same way as Martin (except he was killed by a black man with a gun), but because he was white, it was fine per media standards. I think you can find maybe 5 google hits about him.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

of course not. it was four black men against one white man. BIG DIFFERENCE.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Here's another case that was "supposedly" not race related...

What constitutes a race hate crime of blacks against whites? What constitutes a race hate crime of whites against blacks?

Are the constitutions drawn the same for both instances? Do you feel that, were races reversed in the Zimmerman/Martin case, the same media coverage would have taken place?

Many may not admit it, but I think - if we're honest - we all know the answers to these questions.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

The answer to your question will never be answered truthfully like all the other pathetic secrets this country has.

The answer is right there before you and all of us. There are people in this administration that would (yes and others) that would destroy this country to achieve there kind of control. It is the path of hatred, lies and disseat to divide the mass's...........................this time we are all slave's to it, color does not matter, its all about "control" of anyone that is not a part of it or does not agree with these bottom feeders............. excuse me "people".

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

This happens all the time, and yet we are told the system is prejudiced against blacks. Seems the opposite is true. Hate crimes violations are not brought against anyone but whites, as far as I can see, in case after case after case. Justice? Would be nice!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Pure evil.

What leads people to commit such heinous crimes? I can't even begin to comprehend the hate and evil intentions they hold in their hearts.

These savages (a moniker in occordance to their savage deed) are going away for a long time.

That's a lot of kharma to work off.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by Spider879

Had nothing to do with fashion. He was up to no good and the hoodie was for concealing his ID plain and simple.

Walking back to his dad's house with a can of soda and some skittles what was he gonna do mug someone with his soda?? use the skittles to break open a door for a home invasion,do you and ThirdEyeofHorus really know how ridiculous what you typed on your screen reads??..are you that hard-up for him to be that animal you want him to be you just throw as much unsubstantiated mud at his lifeless body and hope it sticks??..sorry and I am about to piss alot of folks off by saying this but people like you should not be allowed anywhere near fire arms, for if that's your true attitude off screen then you constitute a clear and present danger to the community and to self..clearly poster children for gun control.
edit on 16-7-2013 by Spider879 because: just because

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spider879
Walking back to his dad's house with a can of soda and some skittles what was he gonna do mug someone with his soda?? use the skittles to break open a door for a home invasion,do you and ThirdEyeofHorus really know how ridiculous what you typed on your screen reads??..are you that hard-up for him to be that animal you want him to be you just throw as much unsubstantiated mud at his lifeless body and hope it sticks??..sorry and I am about to piss alot of folks off by saying this but people like you should not be allowed anywhere near fire arms, for if that's your true attitude off screen then you constitute a clear and present danger to the community and to self..clearly poster children for gun control.
edit on 16-7-2013 by Spider879 because: just because

You were active in the 300+ page thread, so you know that your claims here aren't based in fact. It's fairly well known at this point that the candy and fruit juice (not tea, not soda) had a use other than a "snack". The autopsy report shows drugs in his system, supporting the claim that he looked "high". The witnesses and evidence support that he committed an assault. Self defense is NOT a crime, and never will be, no matter what the assailant looks like. People that own guns for self defense aren't wrong for being wiling to use the gun to save their life.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright[

Are some of you really this dense that you can't see the difference? It isn't so much the crime as the attacker (Zimmerman in the Trayvon case) being released with little more than a pat on the head.

I offer you the same...find a case where the perp is black and he is released...you won't find it. The black guy will be arrested and asked questions later.

Challenge accepted.

Zimmerman was arrested 6 weeks later right, after a national outrage from the media, and even the President interjecting into the case.

Now here is a case where a black man killed a mentally challenged hispanic man and claimed self defense.

But in the Arizona case, the gunman was black and the victim was Hispanic, not the other way around. And, should 22-year-old Cordell Jude be convicted of murder in the shooting of 29-year-old Daniel Adkins, no doubt some people will point to George Zimmerman’s acquittal and say the determining difference was the race of the accused.

The victim in the Arizona case, Adkins, was mentally disabled and was estimated to have a mental age of 13. Adkins was walking his yellow lab, Sandy, in Laveen on the evening of April 3, 2012, when he cut through the parking lot of a Taco Bell. He came around a blind corner of the drive-in lane just as an SUV pulled up. Jude was at the wheel. His pregnant fiancée was beside him.

“What the hell, you almost hit me!” Adkins reportedly exclaimed. “Watch where the f--- you’re going!”

Jude pulled a .40 caliber automatic pistol from the waistband of his sweatpants and fired once. He would say afterward that Adkins had threatened him with a pipe-like object and that he could not drive off because the dog was blocking his way. Police would not find evidence that Adkins had anything but the dog leash in his hand. Sandy remained at Adkins’s side as he bled to death on the pavement.

www.thedailybeast.com...

Happened April 3rd. When was he arrested? July 14th.

Thats about 14 weeks. Where was the medias outrage?

Oh and in this case the suspect admits he wasn't in fear for his life. Also, of course, it was immediately determined race had nothing to do with this case.

That took me about 5 minutes to find. So I assume you will now admit you were wrong and that this wasn't all about race.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

You were active in the 300+ page thread, so you know that your claims here aren't based in fact. It's fairly well known at this point that the candy and fruit juice (not tea, not soda) had a use other than a "snack". The autopsy report shows drugs in his system, supporting the claim that he looked "high". The witnesses and evidence support that he committed an assault. Self defense is NOT a crime, and never will be, no matter what the assailant looks like. People that own guns for self defense aren't wrong for being wiling to use the gun to save their life.

What kind of drugs were found in his system..for if it was weed then rest assured he was murdered as he would have been too slow or lethargic to take on Zimmerman who btw took MMA classes and what about Zimmerman what of his taxology report??...ahh that's right there was non.

LadyGreenEyes why are folks looking for stuff to throw at Martin,can we not just accept the fact he went to the store got some skittles and tea while wearing a hoodie for no reason in Florida on a presumably warm night, he was followed by a self declared watch who ignored the advise of the dispatcher from that time on something went horribly wrong the kid is dead..that's all we really know about the event that night outside Zimmerman's say so,why try and criminalize him with made up stuff about him being up to no good looking for trouble asking to be shot it's all imaginary made-up excuses to say the dead guy deserves to die.
edit on 16-7-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Because I took the time to answer your request, I was hoping you would do me the same courtesy,

Back on page three of this thread I showed a case where a black man killed a white teen and was convicted of mansluaghter. Actually spider posted this case as an example of how a black man would be convicted if the situation with Zimmerman and Martin had been reversed.

In this case however, the black governor of the state commuted his sentence, which is basically a pardon that left him immediately out of jail after serving only 5 months.

A black Long Island man convicted of killing a white teenager was home for the holidays Thursday after Gov. Paterson commuted his sentence.

John White, 56, was released after serving just five months in an upstate prison for killing 17-year-old Daniel Cicciaro Jr.

www.nydailynews.com...

In an ironic twist guess who fully supported this move. Al Sharpton. From the same source;

"We salute Gov. Paterson's decision and hope that all families involved will move towards healing," the Rev. Al Sharpton said. "There are no winners in this situation."

As I mentioned before, can you imagine if a Zimmerman had been found guilty and a white governor had pardoned him. It would have been the worst riots this country has ever seen, and the media would have been all over this.

But did any of that happen here?

So I was wondering if you could find me a case where a a convicted killer of a different race was pardoned at the beginning of his sentence by a person of the same race.

Honestly I don't know, you may find one, but it still seems pretty shocking.

But if you can't find this, are people allowed to claim like you were, that this proves the justice system is skewed FOR black people?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Dear Mr. Spider,
You ought to take up meditation. It calms me down, and will do the same for you. Or, take 11 deeps breaths.
Thank you,
Q

P.S.: Everyone who's "hanging 10" on this low-vibrational wave ought to take a break. It's not doing yourself, and anyone else, good.
edit on 16-7-2013 by Q33323 because: Additional sage-like wisdom

edit on 16-7-2013 by Q33323 because: ∞

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q33323

Dear Mr. Spider,
You ought to take up meditation. It calms me down, and will do the same for you. Or, take 11 deeps breaths.
Thank you,
Q

P.S.: Everyone who's "hanging 10" on this low-vibrational wave ought to take a break. It's not doing yourself, and anyone else good.
edit on 16-7-2013 by Q33323 because: Additional sage-like wisdom

Starting yoga classes next Sunday

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

"What kind of drugs were found in his system..for if it was weed then rest assured he was murdered as he would have been too slow or lethargic to take on Zimmerman who btw took MMA classes and what about Zimmerman what of his taxology report??...ahh that's right there was non."

Re: Your above question:
"Martin's autopsy indicated that medical examiners found THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, when they tested Martin's blood and urine. The amount described in the autopsy report is such a low level that it would have played no role in Martin's behavior, said Larry Kobilinsky, a professor of forensic science at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York.

"This kind of level can be seen days after somebody smokes," Kobilinsky said. "If it comes up in the case, I would be surprised. It wouldn't benefit the defense, it wouldn't benefit the prosecution, and if the defense tried to bring it up, the judge would keep it out."

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 16-7-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

What kind of drugs were found in his system..for if it was weed then rest assured he was murdered as he would have been too slow or lethargic to take on Zimmerman who btw took MMA classes and what about Zimmerman what of his taxology report??...ahh that's right there was non.

LadyGreenEyes why are folks looking for stuff to throw at Martin,can we not just accept the fact he went to the store got some skittles and tea while wearing a hoodie for no reason in Florida on a presumably warm night, he was followed by a self declared watch who ignored the advise of the dispatcher from that time on something went horribly wrong the kid is dead..that's all we really know about the event that night outside Zimmerman's say so,why try and criminalize him with made up stuff about him being up to no good looking for trouble asking to be shot it's all imaginary made-up excuses to say the dead guy deserves to die.
edit on 16-7-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

There were traces of that, and evidence that he was probably a real user of the stuff for which the candy and fruit juice were for. There's a link near the end of the long trial thread regarding that. Look it up. The point is, his mental state could have been affected, even to the point of causing violent behavior. Plus, people that use pot aren't necessarily slow or lethargic. I have known people that did, and they weren't like that at all, most of the time. Plus, long term use can cause aberrant behavior. So, two probable causes of the behavioral issues this teen had are probable. Acting out in school, suspensions, fighting, etc. All this points to a teen likely to attack another person, which is what the evidence supports.

It isn't about "criminalizing" him he did that himself - but about trying to address the issues. One issue is that of self defense. Being a teen isn't a license to assault people. Another issue is that of trying to prevent this sort of thing. That can ONLY happen with education, and changes in the behavior of teens that are out of control. I don't want to see more teens or younger kids hurt because they do something they shouldn't I don't want to see innocents gunned down by drive by shootings. I don't want to see lives ruined by drug use. I don't want to see teens believing they can take whatever they want, and do whatever they want. Older people, either, on that one.

You don't have a problem assuming George was out looking for trouble, but no one can point out facts that support that Trayvon might have been? The evidence supports self defense, which is legal, and should remain legal.

I notice you still didn't answer questions I asked. Maybe you missed them?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Don't worry people there is hope!

Some day we will have a white president again!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
A lot of people asked why was he wearing a hoodie..maybe because it was raining??

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

You don't have a problem assuming George was out looking for trouble, but no one can point out facts that support that Trayvon might have been? The evidence supports self defense, which is legal, and should remain legal. I notice you still didn't answer questions I asked. Maybe you missed them?

No I don't he was tailing the guy in the dark Trayvon was on his way home ,the prosecution could not establish a case beyond reasonable doubt,I will leave it at that it is what it is..I am not sure the question I was asked but not answered.

I am not violence prone,I never started one fight in my life but I did take up martial arts since I was a kid and I am fairly big even as a kid, given my mind set I would confront my stalker as I am a fight guy rather than a flight guy
chances are I would have been killed but not from a bullet in the back.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join