It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Joshua Chellew less important than Trayvon Martin?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Why is Joshua Chellew less important than Trayvon Martin?

dailycaller.com

"WARNING: THIS POST IS RACIST"
Who’s Joshua Chellew? The fact that you don’t know his name is the whole point.
Four south Cobb teenagers are in custody in connection with the beating death of a 36-year-old Joshua Chellew. They repeatedly punched and kicked him.
While attempting to escape, Chellew was pushed to the ground and knocked unconscious...“leaving him helpless,” and eventually hit by a car.
A senseless murder.
Why hasn’t it received wider attention?
This might be why. Joshua Chellew:
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ajc.com
www.ajc.com

+40 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Please read the entire article: dailycaller.com...

It goes on to show a photo of Mr. Chellew (the victim)...followed by the photos of his four alleged attackers.

It turns out that Mr. Chellew is a young white man...while his alleged attackers were four young black men.

Subsequent articles go on to expound upon how this was clearly NOT a racially-motivated murder...in fact, the scant amount of local media coverage of this senseless murder seems to go through amazing literary contortions in order to drive home the point that this horrible murder is most-assuredly 'non-racial' in nature:
"Police: Mableton fatal assault not racially motivated"

"A brutal crime, no question, but not one fueled by racial animosity, according to investigators."

“This was not racially motivated,” Pierce told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “Cobb County police are investigating this like any other crime.”
www.ajc.com...

What we have here is a prime example of the liberal media's 'racial motivation' double-standard in full swing!

We will probably NOT soon witness weeks of LIVE multi-network court coverage of the Joshua Chellew case murder trial...nor will we hear President Obama make a special announcement that if he had a son, he would look like Joshua Chellew.

Will we hear 'on-the-floor' pronouncements from liberal members of congress in support of Joshua Chellew and his grieving family?...I think not.

Will there be any comments coming from Rev.s Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton?...Doubtful.

Will Eric Holder announce a special DOJ investigation into the Joshua Chellew case...as he recently has done with the Trayvon Martin case?...Don't hold your breath.

In the end, with the existing juxtaposition of racial elements currently present in this case, the muckraking liberal media and politicians have already come to the conclusion that this case really isn't all that important or 'newsworthy'; It should go away now.

I'm sure Joshua Chellew's family would beg to differ.

dailycaller.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-7-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

+33 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Things like this are more frequent than we'd like to believe and they happen more than anyone is willing to acknowledge.

Someone should flood Sharptons and Jacksons mail with cases like this asking where they are.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
You didn't know that black on white crime is not really a crime at all according to the current DOJ standards? It was made very clear in the 08' elections that black on white crimes would not be pursued by Eric Holder's DOJ.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The four assailants were arrested immediately. Maybe that's why.

Also, it seems it was gang related.

According to the warrant, Chellew flashed blue colors and claimed allegiance to the “Crips” street gang. Three of the suspects were dressed in red, the colors affiliated with the “Crips” longtime rival, the “Bloods.” The exchange was captured on the station’s surveillance cameras.

Source

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

edit on 15-7-2013 by kimish because: my bad, too much going on here and in the real world. My appologies to you BH

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This should always be about law...not race like the American media and public (and the OP) are making it to be.
LAW NOT RACE!!!

The media hasn't helped one bit by how all of this has been handled.
They made it about race.

When it comes to racial issues,the media doesn't talk about the issues in order to help solve them....they perpetuate things instead.

Its a law issue,not a race issue.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

What's the question? I don't know what he's referring to.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Lol. Gang related. Epic fail op.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
well they didnt murder him for one, they beat him up and he walked into traffic.
thats manslaughter at worst.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneManArmy
well they didnt murder him for one, they beat him up and he walked into traffic.
thats manslaughter at worst.

They left him bleeding and unconscious in the middle of the street...where he was run over by a car.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

the current DOJ standards?

I wasn't aware they had standards.
They have a funny way of showing it.

edit on 15-7-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I dont think this was race related.

But then again neither was thug wannabe trayvons death, but it was turned into a race issue deliberately by the media.

Pointing out the hypocrisy here though does make clear the medias agenda. From start to finish with the zimmerman case it was all about creating a circus and a spectacle, either to distract from other issues, inflame race relations between easily manipulated parties (to distract from other issues), or to push an agenda of division where it might not have existed before (to distract from other issues).

Behind the curtain, if we care to look, white and black and all in between are getting #ed by the PTB, hard, and TPTB dont care what color you are, they just need you all distracted fighting one another so that they can get away with the continued #ing of the planet and its people.

Whites/blacks/hispanics/asians/etc are gonna kill whites/blacks/hispanics/asians/etc. Sometimes it will be about race. Most of the time itll really be about something else though. Humans kill humans, thats how it works. Murder is murder, isnt it? Or is some murder "more equal" than other murder?

The media would sure have you believe that.

Better to divide and conquer the proles minds, and play them against each other so they dont unify and turn their attention to the inner party, and see their treachery and rise up against them.

Nothing to do with race here people, the medias agenda that is. It is ONLY about distracting us from the true source of woe in this country; the rogue government regime in power ATM, and the massive global corporations that they are in bed with and/or subservient to.

Race just works as a good wedge still, thats why its used. If race stops being a major issue between people, and it ceases to function as an effective wedge, I guarantee the tactics will change and the wedge used by the propaganda arm of TPTB will change shape very fast into something else.

edit on 7/15/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: Addition

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by kimish

What's the question? I don't know what he's referring to.

I was referring to the New Black Panther Party voter intimidation case:

The Department of Justice became aware of the incident on Election Day and started an inquiry. Under the Bush administration, a criminal investigation into the incident was started, but later dropped. Instead, in January 2009, less than two weeks before the Bush administration left office, the civil rights division of the Department of Justice filed a civil suit under the voting rights act against four defendants, namely, Minister King Samir Shabazz, Jerry Jackson, NBPP chairman Malik Zulu Shabazz, and the NBPP itself. The lawsuit accused them of using uniforms, racial insults and a weapon to intimidate voters and those who were there to assist them. The case remained open when the Obama administration took office a few weeks later.

In April 2009 Bartie Bull, a former civil rights lawyer who was serving as a poll watcher at the polling station where the incident occurred, submitted an affidavit at Justice's request supporting the lawsuit, stating that he considered it to have been the most severe instance of voter intimidation he had ever encountered.

When none of the defendants who were charged appeared in court to answer the charges, the career attorneys pursuing the lawsuit assumed that they would win it by default. However the career attorneys' move to pursue a default judgment against the defendants was overruled by two of their line superiors, Loretta King who was acting Assistant Attorney General and Steve Rosenbaum, Acting Deputy Assistant Attorney General.

Hans A. von Spakovsky, stated that internal e-mails from the Department of Justice released under a Freedom of Information Act request show that political appointees were "intimately involved" in the decision to drop the case, including former deputy attorney general David Ogden, Associate Attorney General Thomas Perrelli and attorney general Eric Holder, and that Perez may have committed perjury by denying this in his testimony before the Civil Rights Commission.

In October 2010, a draft report from the Civil Rights Commission was posted on the political website TPM Muckraker, stating that political officials had been extensively involved in the decision to dismiss the case, and that the Department of Justice had attempted to conceal their involvement.

Civil Rights Commission chairman Gerald A. Reynolds confirmed that the draft was authentic, but said that it was not the most current version of the draft, and declined to immediately release the newest version or describe what revisions had been made to it.

The Justice Department has denied the allegations in the report. In July 2012, Judge Reggie Walton dismissed the Justice Department's denial, finding that political appointees did interfere with prosecution of the New Black Panther Party.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
I dont think this was race related.

But then again neither was the thug wannabe trayvons death, but it was turned into a race issue deliberately by the media.

Pointing out the hypocrisy here though does make clear the medias agenda. From start to finish with the zimmerman case it was all about creating a circus and a spectacle, either to distract from other issues, inflame race relations between easily manipulated parties (to distract from other issues), or to push an agenda of division where it might not have existed before (to distract from other issues).

B

Exactly my point. Thank you...and well said.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Well, I'm not going to get into that. You left no link, it's TOTALLY off topic, and I am not here to defend the DOJ. I was just giving my comment on the OP of THIS thread.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

My guess is they wanted gun issues and there are none with this case.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
There are way better cases that could have been used to prove a point. This isn't one of them.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Because if it happens to a white person, it can't be racist!

Truly, thank you for posting this. Racism seems to be ramping up, not dying out, and not just this right now due to the Zimmerman-Martin issue, but overall. And it seems to be ramping up against whites. Which in turn will cause more whites to be racist, which perpetuates the cycle.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The warrant also indicates that the four men are accused of street gang violence because they belong to the “Re-Up” gang, according to the Cobb Anti-Gang E Unit, and have been arrested in the past in connection with gang-related crimes.

A 19-year-old female witness, who asked not to be identified, said she was sitting in the car waiting on Chellew to get something from inside the gas station when everything unfolded.

“He was coming outside of the store talking to himself like he always does and one of them asked him what he was talking about,” she said.

She isn’t sure what, if anything, Chellew said to the suspects, but for some reason they jumped him and started punching and kicking him.

“I don’t know them and have never seen them before,” she said. “They were hanging out by the gas station, getting gas.”

She didn’t see any weapons used in the beating, but said the entire incident occurred in just under two minutes. Read more: The Marietta Daily Journal - Mableton teens linked to gang are accused in beating death

mdjonline.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join