It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Joshua Chellew less important than Trayvon Martin?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Then why are they all wearing blue in their mug shots?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Why MSNBC, President Obama and Al Sharpton wasn't all over this one, is a mystery...unless, of course, one cynically assumes it was ignored because there was no GUN involved in the heinous crime you've sited. It would have been a much clearer case of white on black crime...than the Zimmerman/Martin case. After all, Zimmerman was 'Hispanic' until the NYT decided Zimmerman is now to be called a "WHITE-Hispanic". If Zimmerman, having a Hispanic mother and white father, is now to officially be classified as a "White-Hispanic"...shouldn't the NYT now have to refer to President Obama as the first "White-Black" President?

Lets not get bogged down into Zimmerman being white or not,if he was 100% black and acting in that same manner I and others would called him a self hating Uncle Tom but again it is not the gun or that it was a presumably at first "white" male that shot and killed Travyon but the fact that for 44 days he was not arrested,the night of the killing Travyon's had his back ground checked toxicology report checked and he was the dead guy..Zimmerman had non of that..is it possible he was drunk??..we don't know.. no toxicology was done..was he prone to do stuff like that..we only knew after the fact that he was arrested for assault on a cop,and he was sexually abusive to his cousin and a beater of his ex-girl friend, but at the time no back ground check was carried out. It was assumed that Travyon was guilty of something but.. what?? his priors were checked his Fb pages was plastered all over the net showing him smoking weed "looking" thuggish suggestions were made that he was a burglar.One have to admit that it seems Zimmerman was being cuddled by the the local cops after all his daddy is or was a judge.

Let me say this the much hated Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson only get active on cases they believe is about to covered-up and white washed rightly or wrongly by THE SYSTEM! not any random killings by Whites of Blacks..It is a Myth that Black folks only care about White killing Blacks,that is not what the protest and anger came from, it came from the belief that system is uneven and in favor of whites,and that's why when they see the law working quickly to resolve issues such as pointed above they read the papers and go on about their business,no need for national outrage.

About Obama (no longer a fan ) he was asked a question in an interview..he answered if I had a son he would probably look like Trayvon martin...and the controversy is.???
edit on 15-7-2013 by Spider879 because: clean-up

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

About Obama (no longer a fan ) he was asked a question in an interview..he answered if I had a son he would probably look like Trayvon martin...and the controversy is.???

Injecting politics and personal opinion in order to influence public opinion in an ongoing criminal case prior to going to trial...from the highest and most powerful podium in the land? No controversy there.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Injecting politics and personal opinion in order to influence public opinion in an ongoing criminal case prior to going to trial...from the highest and most powerful podium in the land? No controversy there.

Well maybe he should have remained mute but I don't see how that affected the case one way or the other.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

Did it effect the actual case? Probably not...because it didn't change the actual evidence against Zimmerman (or lack thereof).
Did it effect public opinion? Most assuredly it did.

It was enlightening to witness how surprised so many people were after the 'Not Guilty' verdict was handed down Saturday night. We were watching the news, while visiting with our very liberal sister-in-law, who watches MSNBC exclusively for her news. She jumped out of her chair...and absolutely couldn't believe that the jury had found Zimmerman 'not guilty'.

Those following the trial and getting their information from MSNBC...or, for that matter, any national or world network news other than Fox, were shocked and amazed to realize that the prosecution did not have enough evidence to get a conviction.

Unfortunately, in rare circumstances, this type of frustration can often result in aggression and events of retaliation such as this unfortunate breaking news story:

Jogger Says He was Attacked in Retaliation for Zimmerman Verdict

A man who says he was jogging alongside of a road when three black men abducted and beat him claims the alleged attack was in retaliation for George Zimmerman’s acquittal, police in Senatobia, Miss. told Fox News.

Police Chief Steve Holts told Fox News the alleged victim, who is white, was jogging Sunday night along Highway 51 when, he said, the suspects pulled over and ordered him to get inside their car. “One of them asked, ‘Do you know who Trayvon Martin was?’” Holts quoted the man as saying.

At that point, the men in the vehicle allegedly attacked him. The man, who the chief described as a young resident of the area, was treated at a local hospital.

Memphis television station WREG reported the assailants allegedly told the victim, “This is for Trayvon.” The television station and The Democrat newspaper reported the jogger was badly beaten and later dropped off on a road between Senatobia and Coldwater, Miss.

radio.foxnews.com...
edit on 15-7-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2013 by IAMTAT because: link added

edit on 15-7-2013 by IAMTAT because: Quote added

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
reply to post by Spider879

Did it effect the actual case? Probably not...because it didn't change the actual evidence against Zimmerman (or lack thereof).
Did it effect public opinion? Most assuredly it did.

radio.foxnews.com...

It was enlightening to witness how surprised so many people were after the 'Not Guilty' verdict was handed down Saturday night. We were watching the news, while visiting with our very liberal sister-in-law, who watches MSNBC exclusively for her news. She jumped out of her chair...and absolutely couldn't believe that the jury had found Zimmerman 'not guilty'.

Those following the trial and getting their information from MSNBC...or, for that matter, any national or world network news other than Fox, were shocked and amazed to realize that the prosecution did not have enough evidence to get a conviction.

Unfortunately, in rare circumstances, this type of frustration can often result in aggression and events of retaliation such as this unfortunate breaking news story: radio.foxnews.com...
edit on 15-7-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

To be honest I am not so concerned with the out come but the lead up to the trial,yes I would have preferred if he got sentenced for manslaughter,but I was not on the jury and if any had reasonable doubt then they can't convict , so it is what it is,all I am saying if the things I and others complained about,the waiting for 44 days and under pressure to charge him with killing an armed youngster the lack of investigation by the police into his back ground and ordinary checks that we generally expect from a case involving a shooting death,this would never been an issue just another tragedy..can you imagine if you were a parent and your kid had been killed on his way home and the known killer was able to walk out of jail on his own say so not to be seen in court??..are you saying you would be able to suck it up and move on??..I would at-least expect you to want find some sorta of closure for your kid,but that's not what happened was it, he was criminalized as a thug the beast who should be put out of his misery like a feral dog or wolf that just wondered into the neighborhood not someones child.

I respect that his parents called for calm from others not to take action that would dishonor Travyon's death..but sickening is the triumphalism and glee many on the internet took on the death of Trayvon and Zimmerman's acquittal.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spider879
In the majority of cases that have blacks committing violent crimes did they got arrested and have the full weight of the law coming down on them like a ton of bricks.that's where the double standard lay,rest assured I can dig up random cases of White vs Black to make a point,equal treatment UNDER THE LAW is what most of you seems not to get.

While I acknowledge there may be some truth in what you say, you picked bad cases to reference.
Man Convicted for Shooting Teenager.

A Suffolk County jury on Saturday night found a black man guilty of manslaughter for shooting of an unarmed white teenager outside the man’s house last year, ending a racially charged trial. Gordon M. Grant for The New York Times John White after he was convicted on Saturday night.
www.nytimes.com...

This is actually a reasonably comparable case. A jury did find this man guilty of manslaughter.

I can see how this proves the law comes down hard on blacks....

Oh wait, there is more. He then had his sentence commuted, in other words was instantly released, by the black governor.

Oops. Wrong case to bring up huh.

Can you imagine if Zimmerman was found guilty in this case of manslaughter, and then the white governmor would have unilaterally let him out? There would be blood on the streets, it would being the biggest riots we have probably ever seen in this country.

www.nytimes.com...

Fla. mom gets 20 years for firing warning shots

A Florida woman who fired warning shots against her allegedly abusive husband has been sentenced to 20 years in prison. Marissa Alexander of Jacksonville had said the state's "Stand Your Ground" law should apply to her because she was defending herself against her allegedly abusive husband when she fired warning shots inside her home in August 2010. She told police it was to escape a brutal beating by her husband, against whom she had already taken out a protective order.
www.cbsnews.com...

there is a thread on this case already up. Needless to say, the facts aren't what are being touted by the media. Check out Bonchos post in this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Grambler

This is actually a reasonably comparable case. A jury did find this man guilty of manslaughter. I can see how this proves the law comes down hard on blacks.... Oh wait, there is more. He then had his sentence commuted, in other words was instantly released, by the black governor. Oops. Wrong case to bring up huh. Can you imagine if Zimmerman was found guilty in this case of manslaughter, and then the white governmor would have unilaterally let him out? There would be blood on the streets, it would being the biggest riots we have probably ever seen in this country.

No not wrong case, not sure if the governor should interfere after the fact, with out judicial review??..and yes folks may well have rioted.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by IAMTAT

My guess is they wanted gun issues and there are none with this case.

I think you're right. You can begin to see the narrative now being formed on CNN. The theme is gun owner = racist. Looks like they are pulling out the big guns to attack the 2nd, so to speak.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

This young man did not assault anyone as far as I can tell. IF he had, it would still have been 4 against ONE
Zimmerman was ALONE that night, and he did not commit MURDER, he acted in self defense and that is what the jury decided as well...

BIG HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Indeed, why hasn't the case where the 11 year old white boy who had gasoline poured all over him and was then lit on fire and told "you deserve this honkey", etc, by two black boys that were in high school (thus the age difference) been heard about?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
this is retarded......the zimmerman/martin thing, this thing, all of them....it's all bulls**t....

if it was gang related, and there's evidence of that in the form of a bona-fide recording, then where is it? why have we not seen it?

As long as the system can continue to fool white people, and brown/black people that they are different "races", they will continue to win, when it comes to efforts of division, devised along these lines.

last i checked, the aliens haven't landed yet, and the only bipeds walking the earth are human...regardless of pigmentation, or facial features..

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by shell69

Zimmerman was ALONE that night, and he did not commit MURDER, he acted in self defense and that is what the jury decided as well...

Sort of. He saw someone he thought looked like they were "up to no good" (direct quote) and possibly on drugs. The police told him to NOT follow the person, he continued to follow the person. No one knows exactly what happened next, but it ended up with George getting some cuts and abrasions from a beating, and a dead kid.

So let me ask you this much. You see someone who looks suspicious, and you do the right thing, you call the cops. They advise you not to approach or follow him, yet you do. How exactly is it self defense if you started the encounter? How ISN'T it self defense if we don't know what actually took place. We don't.

Just because there wasn't enough evidence to convict doesn't mean it was self defense. Just because people believe this to be murder, doesn't make it murder. There simply wasn't evidence.

That said, I do believe this was Zimmerman's own fault. Take the gun out of his hand, and I doubt he would have continued to follow, and possibly accost, that kid. We'll never know what really happened, but we can all agree on the fact that the media played this for all it was worth, and it failed. There are no riots, no blood drenched streets.

Personally, I think Zimmerman is a murderer, or at the very least, guilty of manslaughter, he shot an unarmed teenager, that is a fact. The reason and events surrounding that are in dispute. I do believe the justice system worked here, as there wasn't enough evidence to convict, and no amount of cries of racism can change that (from either side)

But holy christ someone honestly considers Fox news to be the only unbiased source on this? All hope is lost. It's over folks.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

this is exactly what Obama wants man! He wants whites turning on blacks and blacks turning on whites. Look at the whole picture. We think of course these 4 black fellas killed this dude (kinda) and no don't worry it wasn't a lynch mob because only whites do that. It was just them having flashbacks of being a slave in their past lives!
And then you see this short chubby white dude getting away with offing this black kid and the entire black community is in an uproar. Get over it you didn't see white people start a riot after OJ Simpson chopped the head off a white woman. He walked. The only reason he is in jail is because of the fact that he couldn't stay away from crime. Wise up peeps! And for my colored friends just know that it was your people selling you to us! I am so sick of hearing you guys go back to the slave thing. If anybody has a right to hate us Whites or Honkeys or Crackers whatever you want to call us it is the Native Americans. They get my sympathy. For you guys though look into history your own people sold yourselves out. All this # needs to stop that's all there is to it. Nobody should feel unrest while sitting next to a white person or black person at any given point. All of us need to open our eyes and realize we are being turned on each other. How easy do you think it will be to tear down the people of a nation or control them if they are already hating each other from within. I'm no hippy by any means, but god damn cant there ever be some peace?!
edit on 16-7-2013 by VoidWalker because: I just wasnt done ranting

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
"ooooo we're been attacked as a race, white people can't say nothing we're victims in all this"

"ooooo we're attacked as a race, black people can't say nothing we're victims in all this"

S.t.f.u.

You feed right into, they're playing you and you lap this # up like its your favorite desert.

Theres idiots in every race and guess what??? There race doesn't automatically make them an idiot...

ATS you have some real #ed up members as of late.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
No way its less important. Whites aren't usually drama queens when it comes to stuff like this. Its not due to not caring, but that of conditioning.

When/If any media outlet makes a white person a victim due to anti-white actions, they are usually boycotted or something similar in nature. They would loose ad revenue by the truckload.

When that same media outlet does the opposite, they gain revenue. Any group that tries to boycott the media outlet (sponsors included), they are labeled as racist.

All exclusively black stations (TV and Radio), magazines, associations, funds, groups, etc are openly racist and heavily pro-black.

If any other race decided to do the same thing on the same level, they'd be shut down and/or harassed into closure. The legal actions against them would make one sick.

But that is the price of freedom.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Look I work with this every day in London.

Anyone who claims this is not happening are deluded, it does, but don't lose sight of the fact that this is once again, government policy to keep us divided. Brits over here are very much waking up to it, unfortuantely it has signalled a massive incredible surge in far right support, far more than what the media want to admit. Under Labour no crime against a white person by a non-white, ragardless of lack of any other motive, would ever be considered a hate crime, where as crimes agaisnt non-whites would be automatically classed a hate crime IN ADDITION to any other crime that they had evidence of.

This murder here is not unusual, nor even uncommon, but don't let it divide the nation. We need communities to come together and condemn these attacks, we need each otehr to come together and see through the government agenda, if we remain divided, whether in britain, in America, or just simply as common people around the world, we will lose, all of us, not one or the other, all of us will lose.

We need more objective voices in all our communities, not BNP, not KKK, not Jesse Jackson, not Black Panthers, we need people who do not have a vested interest in keeping us divided. There are those of all colours who see what's going on, who want unity, who speak objectively and with reason. Now is your time to stand up and speak. The internet is still something we can utilise to reach a wider audience (for how long though is anyone's guess, but the clock is ticking). Let's come together and use it, spread words and videos that speak objectively and without emotion clouding judgement.

They want us divided. They want us to battle each other. Don't bite the bait.

edit on 16-7-2013 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIceQueen
Indeed, why hasn't the case where the 11 year old white boy who had gasoline poured all over him and was then lit on fire and told "you deserve this honkey", etc, by two black boys that were in high school (thus the age difference) been heard about?

Do you want to hear about it? Really, do you? I know i #ing don't. In fact, I'm happy I don't because I know this isnt a popular theme among our youth. In fact, I don;t even want to hear if it was a black kid been killed by whites. I don;t want to hear none of that #. The media tell you one side, so that one react and the other reacts to the others reaction.

Really...Stop and #ing think. people piss me off so much.

Do you people enjoy this so much they let is rile them up? I tell you what, look at why this is happening not the #ing color.

I think I'v had enough of ATS for today...Thread has pissed me the # off.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretFace
Look I work with this every day in London.

Anyone who claims this is not happening are deluded, it does, but don't lose sight of the fact that this is once again, government policy to keep us divided. Brits over here are very much waking up to it, unfortuantely it has signalled a massive incredible surge in far right support, far more than what the media want to admit. Under Labour no crime against a white person by a non-white, ragardless of lack of any other motive, would ever be considered a hate crime, where as crimes agaisnt non-whites would be automatically classed a hate crime IN ADDITION to any other crime that they had evidence of.

This murder here is not unusual, nor even uncommon, but don't let it divide the nation. We need communities to come together and condemn these attacks, we need each otehr to come together and see through the government agenda, if we remain divided, whether in britain, in America, or just simply as common people around the world, we will lose, all of us, not one or the other, all of us will lose.

We need more objective voices in all our communities, not BNP, not KKK, not Jesse Jackson, not Black Panthers, we need people who do not have a vested interest in keeping us divided. There are those of all colours who see what's going on, who want unity, who speak objectively and with reason. Now is your time to stand up and speak. The internet is still something we can utilise to reach a wider audience (for how long though is anyone's guess, but the clock is ticking). Let's come together and use it, spread words and videos that speak objectively and without emotion clouding judgement.

They want us divided. They want us to battle each other. Don't bite the bait.

edit on 16-7-2013 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

A-#ing-MEN!

SENSE this bruva SPEAKS SENSE.

Somebody applause this man for bringing light to a dark thread.

A now rarity in membership of ATS.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Joshua Chellew smh this is a horrible example. He is a identified Gang member its completely on tape several views. He started that confrontation those kids beat him up he ran to the street( he wasnt forced like his black girlfriend originally stated) and collapsed. Then some Drunk white guy ran him over stumbled out off his car got out looked at him and drove off. They found the kids havent found the drunk driver yet NOT RACIALY MOTIVATED stupid gang crap. Havent seen any info on this online but its been local news in Goergia.

edit on 16-7-2013 by kingrutse because: forgot image

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join