It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Repeals Propaganda Ban

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Seems the leaders of our Banana Republic have lost confidence in the MSM's ability to sell us their lies so they're taking matters into their own hands and using our money to do it.

For decades, a so-called anti-propaganda law prevented the U.S. government's mammoth broadcasting arm from delivering programming to American audiences. But on July 2, that came silently to an end with the implementation of a new reform passed in January. The result: an unleashing of thousands of hours per week of government-funded radio and TV programs for domestic U.S. consumption in a reform initially criticized as a green light for U.S. domestic propaganda efforts. So what just happened?

Link

Isn't this how all oligarchies start?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Government made news doesn't that smell like North Korea to me?

en.wikipedia.org...

The Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) is the state news agency of North Korea that was established on December 5, 1946. The agency portrays the putative views of the Workers' Party of Korea and the North Korean government for foreign consumption. KCNA is headquartered in the capital city of Pyongyang. In South Korea, access to both KCNA websites: www.kcna.kp and www.kcna.co.jp, are blocked by the South Korean government.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Do you have a better source? That one sucks, a huge popup comes up blocking the whole atricle, trying to force me to signup
edit on Sun, 14 Jul 2013 23:35:13 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Hey here is the source

www.buzzfeed.com...

An amendment that would legalize the use of propaganda on American audiences is being inserted into the latest defense authorization bill, BuzzFeed has learned.
The amendment would “strike the current ban on domestic dissemination” of propaganda material produced by the State Department and the independent Broadcasting Board of Governors, according to the summary of the law at the House Rules Committee’s official website.
The tweak to the bill would essentially neutralize two previous acts—the Smith-Mundt Act of 1948 and Foreign Relations Authorization Act in 1987—that had been passed to protect U.S. audiences from our own government’s misinformation campaigns.
The bi-partisan amendment is sponsored by Rep. Mac Thornberry from Texas and Rep. Adam Smith from Washington State.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Appreciate this, now to dig in and get to the bottom of it

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

No star. No, oligarchies start when royalty, wealth, family ties, education, corporate, or military form a power structure of control over a nation governance. Internal propaganda is not a primary factor but a result of a corrupt government and it causes more problems than it solves for a nation.

Consider that propaganda as a type of crafted lies, exaggerations or distractions, it stupefies the population since they are prevented from knowing the truth and so can't freely form opinions. In the US most of the media already does propaganda to a higher level than what is normal other Western nations, but the trend is spreading as to prevent social collapse or radical political changes. Most of the past propaganda was managed by private corporations and interests groups for example if we examine the anti-climate change issue and superimpose it with the coal mine industry or even energy dependency (exception to China that acknowledges the problem but is politically and economically restricted in taking radical solutions) you would start to see a pattern. The same can be found in other industries for example the intellectual protection laws/propaganda and content producing nations also clearly go hand in hand...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

This made me gag. Out loud.

We haven't got a chance. Too many things like this are slipping by while 95% don't notice or don't care.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I honestly think they are going so far off the deep end
even the talking heads sans brains are starting to question
what they are told to repeat.

The can lie all they want, they already have just about zero
respect from the vast majority of Americans, this will most
likely only make it far worse. They can live in their little
fantasy world but the rest of us don't get that luxury, i am
about done hearing placation and excuses as to why
things must be their way even when we the people do not
desire things that way......

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

What on earth do they need an overt propaganda media outlet for?

Just what do you think the real purpose of the entertainment industry is? Or the news media with its 24-hour cycle of infotainment? These are much more effective than obvious propaganda, because they are much more subversive. Not to mention, there is a different variety out there for every major demographic.

That's all I've got.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Just an FYI, but as I'd read this somewhere else earlier, it appears to be pretty basic in what it does. Voice Of America and other similar Gov't property media cannot offer broadcast quality within the US.. Kinda silly in the first place since they are available and I actually run a V.O.A. RSS News feed on one of my websites. They have interesting stuff. One has to recall the source and spin, but then, what's really new? That's the same everywhere.

This just lifts that block about quality and method of getting the same programming from the preexisting channels inside the US instead of outside where they've been playing for years or even decades already.

I might have missed something more?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Isn't this how all oligarchies start?

Start????

Where have you been? The oligarchy started in the 60s with planned obsolescence and throw away society instituted by the Corporate elite. The true rulers of the US. The govt. is their lap dog.

edit on 15-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

so can we look forward for EL PRESIDENTE to talk to the people on the radio everyday and even read the newspaper to us like Chavez did ?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by Bilk22

so can we look forward for EL PRESIDENTE to talk to the people on the radio everyday and even read the newspaper to us like Chavez did ?
Cant get nothing past you, your above the Curve.
Because when Obama's Term is over, it will be all Unicorns and Rainbows.
We just need to hold it together for 3 more years.
Because it is ALL his Fault, he even killed the McRib.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Before the 60s, it started before the first crash, but it only took control after WW2. Consider the The Business Plot (1933) and the MSM at the time was already inline

While historians have questioned whether or not a coup was actually close to execution, most agree that some sort of "wild scheme" was contemplated and discussed. Contemporaneous media dismissed the plot, with a New York Times editorial characterizing it as a "gigantic hoax".

edit on 15-7-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by Bilk22

I thought it was all bushes fault??

It is all sunshine and rainbows now..what are you talking about... heck there was a unicorn stampede! yay!
It will be sunshine and rainbows after obama too! !

i fail to see the difference between the two factions.
edit on 15-7-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
the american public has been fed propaganda for decades .. all this does is admit it and make it more blatant as they further crank up the propaganda machine ... hope you guys have alot of shovels over there .. the bovine fecal matter going to get even deeper now ...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This has been in the talks for over a year now. More than ever they are worried so, here we go. Remember they probed news outlets ? Well, they found they can only manipulate so much.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

lol...are you, by chance, an obama supporter?

seriously speaking though, no, things will not be doubleplus awesome when his term is over....because once again, some charismatic jackass will woo the dumb masses with their false promises, and by the time obama is gone, the people will be even MORE desperate than when they were when obama swindled them in the '08 election, promising hope, and change, and transparency, and a return to american prosperity...

America has been on the decline for decades, and now it is slowly swirling the drain. it will only get worse, because the people are too stupid to do what is best for them, and too dependent on the federal government, to think and do for themselves...unless something changes, these united states will die as a union...as a country, because it's people are too stupid, and too lazy to fix it...

i honestly, truly, and sincerely wish this was not the case....but, as has been demonstrated repeatedly, this is unfortunately so...

ETA: The McRib?! THAT BASTARD!!

edit on 15-7-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Let's look at this from the reverse polarity:

This would be a perfect way to continue making the US Population hate their government and lose all faith in it. This way when the time comes, the so called "UN take over" will go off without a hitch.

Remember the supposed quote by Kissinger everyone spreads around? About having people on the streets of LA demanding a new government and UN intervention? Or whatever variation of the quote you find first, haha.

Anyways, moral of the story is this:
Don't let all of these negative things fool you into thinking the Constitution is wrong or bad. That's the overall plan, make people hate freedom and demand global slavery (or something of this nature).

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus

lol...are you, by chance, an obama supporter?
Yes, but by Default.

Had Romney won, by this day. July 15, 2013.
The death toll of Allied Forces would be prob over 80,000.
Iranian Civilian Death Numbering over 1 Million.
Dick Cheney would have left the Millionaire Club, and have a seat at the Billion Club as Blackwater , Xe .. would be paid from Black Project Slush Funds.
Gas would be at 12 dollars a Gallon, and the US Bogged down in its 4th quarter of Recession.
Israel would have used Tactical Nukes on the Iranian Research sites, but the Blame would have been put on Iranian Mishandling of their Nuclear Stockpiles.

So ya, You call me an Obama Supporter. I call myself a Sanity Supporter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join