It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life After Death: A Medium conducts a reading with a Non-Believer (Video)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Great Video.
I sensed that this guy was really overwhelmed by the reading. I dont know anything about the medium but seems to be a good one.

Enjoy!

his reactions after the reading

edit on 14-7-2013 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2013 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I would have to know more about this non believer. He may be someone hired off the street and coached by the "medium". I have a deep distrust of "psychics" and anyone involved in this type of thing. I've had several supposed psychics tell me they don't do public readings anymore because skeptics don't believe in their power. If I have to believe in it before it will work, it's not a true power, now is it?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

He is not acting. Dont you see that?

Jeah i know....You think good actors can fool our senses.. Well believe me: not mine...I can be tricked by an actor or a liar for 4 minutes..when the lie is going on for more than 4 minutes signs will come.

Trust me: i know.
My whole career in a huge segment relies on being able to distinguish a lie from truth.

here is the homepage of the organisation: medium7.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I am a firm believer in life after Earth.

There are many people who claim to be a medium who aren't however there are those that can communicate with people who have passed from this life to the next.

The Long Island Medium, Theresa Caputo, is my favorite to watch. She is genuine and there are many who are but those that aren't shed a bad light. It's par for the course though because there are people who are nothing but greedy and prey on peoples vulnerabilities.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

If I have to believe in it before it will work, it's not a true power, now is it?

And yet, that's how millions of Christians observe their miracles, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

Enjoyed the videos *S&F*

The first video my thoughts are I would be as skeptical as the guy getting the reading done...I too, would have put on the best poker face as to not reveal anything.

Some days I think about the after life as well. It would be hard to imagine not having a physical presence being made on Earth. Also, it makes me think that everytime I do something good on this planet if it is a by product of guidance by the spirits. If I did something bad, was that also a guidance from the troublesome spirits from family/friends who are deceased as well.

I think it is important we all study the spiritual realm. I don't practice this but I do have a sense of spirituality within me. Has anyone ever gone and done a reading on them by someone before? Truly thought provoking.

Note: My dad had a reading done a long time ago. When he lived in Europe he went to go see a psychic reader. The reader told him that in his near future he would be going on a long journey from his home. No sooner than 3 years later he married my mom and moved to Canada during communist era. He recalls to this day everything the reader told him came to fruition.

That said, it was only a psychic reader. Are readers of the after life the same as psychic readers who tell your future? I want to go see one just to see what the future unfolds for me and at the same time find out something about the afterlife too. Anyone know the costs of going to see a credible reader?

Second note: I have found that members on ATS who use tarot reading cards to be a farce. NOT ONCE has any one of these amateur readers gave me anything from my questions. BEWARE of these trolls...and go seek professional spiritual practice if you want to have a proper reading done like the guy in the video. Peace.

Thanks again for the thread.

edit on 14-7-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

edit on 14-7-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: Added second note

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Theresa Caputo is awesome!

Dunno how she can do that like she does

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by MamaJ

Theresa Caputo is awesome!

Dunno how she can do that like she does

Yeah, but she is a Christian...doesn't that lend a bit of a bias in her readings?

Note:

'Long Island Medium': Concerns surface that Theresa is causing unknown harm?

www.examiner.com...

The one main thread seen among family members left behind after a death is guilt. Guilt is there because they feel they should have done more, the guilt materializes because they are alive and their loved one isn’t and the list goes on. By elevating that guilt for the family members or friends, Theresa helps with their healing from the pain of their loss. There’s not much “bad” connected to this.

edit on 14-7-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

Thank you sharing but lately I have had some concerning emotions with mediums and such-

My fear today is God fearing the KJV Bible tells us not to speak to the dead-mediums-witches-etc..

Question when the mediums say surround yourself in God's Love-Light I guess that is where I get confused.

Demons can be very convincing in-deed and like to play God like acts?

But how nice it would be if what they say is 'True'?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

There will always be people who want to bring darkness into light and totally hide the fact there is good being done. It's a shame but I think there is a need for such, otherwise this life would be all knowing and boring.

Whether she is a Christian or not.... she is doing good for other people and I am sure it takes energy away from her and her family/life. She is a giver..... this is evident.

She asks "God" for protection and uses sage like it's going out of nature. lol

I like her and think there are those who have a gift of communicating with other energies that are unseen. She has indeed ran into ones that were not so good.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

She may be a Christian who has found her own connection to God, in fact I am sure she is.

There comes a time when someone has to experience.

personally I see no conflict between religion and what one experiences. I experience the same thing she does, and although I distance myself from modern Christianity, in my heart I am a christian along with many other religions as I see them all connected, even if they tell me I am not, and it is not, I cannot deny or hold back on my own experience with spirit..

She does not either.

This is why I say I am spiritual and not religious, because my own experience tells me this is the way to be, vs what is put in a book.

However, if a person needs a book to experience the creator, then more power to them, it is not for me to judge.
edit on 14-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I enjoyed watching the videos, and I can understand people not trusting the "scientific" nature because we don't know any of these people and are trusting they are truthful. As for this guy not being an actor, only the people involved know it and saying trust me in this day in age is not accepted anymore.

This could all be legit and if it is then great. It could all be staged and meant to push a belief system. I know my own personal experiences and cannot blame any who doubt my word and thus rarely share my experiences because of the naysayers.

I have dreamt the future many times and it's not anything earth shattering, but things personal including friends getting seriously hurt. I have had one very strong psychic event happen when I was online talking with a woman on a chat site some years ago. I had just met her, and she said, 'My grandson is missing". I got a flood of images and information.

He had been missing a few days and I told her he was not far from his home, was near some trees under a bushy area and even said what he was wearing. She said they had searched that area as there was only one corner like that in their area nearby as most of it was concrete city stuff. Then about a half hour later she said, "Oh my God, how did you know" as they did find him exactly where I said, and yes, he was dead. It freaked her out and I never talked with her again.

I don't put myself out as being a medium. I am sensitive and get information when I open myself up to it. I have no desire to hear from dead people or do cold readings. I think we are all capable of it, but most shut themselves off from it. I have spent years learning to work with energy and heal others. They come to me on occasion happen stance and I trust God to do whatever is needed.

I don't trust anyone who is a public medium, and that is just my gut reaction. I think we are all curious about it, but it's just too easy to fake cold readings and you can do all kinds of searches on the numerous proven frauds.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

There are many people who claim to be a medium who aren't however there are those that can communicate with people who have passed from this life to the next.

The Long Island Medium, Theresa Caputo, is my favorite to watch. She is genuine and there are many who are but those that aren't shed a bad light. It's par for the course though because there are people who are nothing but greedy and prey on peoples vulnerabilities.

I do not like the readers that pose. One of their trick is to have large groups so that whatever nonsense they say they can find some believer that it will fit on.

But then I know humans can become psychic. I can notice synchronicity sometimes myself althought that is maybe not very useful except to realise that reality is very different that what we are told.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by trinityalways
reply to post by kauskau

Thank you sharing but lately I have had some concerning emotions with mediums and such-

My fear today is God fearing the KJV Bible tells us not to speak to the dead-mediums-witches-etc..

Question when the mediums say surround yourself in God's Love-Light I guess that is where I get confused.

Demons can be very convincing in-deed and like to play God like acts?

But how nice it would be if what they say is 'True'?

I have a feeling that was put into the bible by politicians as a control mechanism too keep people boxed in and only listening to priests/poleticians.

Between the Christian Priests and the witches you can see who are the "bad ones" by their fruits. The witches where sometimes healers that helped people and had a special connection to their animals. Maybe third eye activated. The priests did not like anyone meddling with the spiritual and killed them after torturing them.

Be aware and question everything. Even souls that would be catagorised as insanely egodemonic in behaviour are religious.
edit on 14-7-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Theresa Caputo is a fraud, a vampire leeching on the emotions of those who've lost loved ones. Have none of you heard of cold reading? She is phenomenal at it, but is no medium.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by oldetimehockey4

There is always people who don't believe and those who do, however, to put out such a statement, please supply some proof that she is a fraud,otherwise it is just an opinion.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Haha, "she is genuine" and you had the audacity to call me a fool.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

You're right, it is only my opinion, but my opinion is one that has been researched as I have struggled with my belief in an afterlife.

Just research cold reading, then look up some of her videos on Youtube. You'll see that cold reading is exactly what she's doing. One of my personal favorites is when she was on the Doctor Oz show, and cold-read a mother who's son was a Navy SEAL killed in Iraq in 2007. (Note the audience size of 150 people..."Any mothers who lost a son unexpectedly?") What are the ODDS??

And that's what she does, makes generalized statements that will ring true most times. One time she was talking to a woman seeking closure from her father passing. She was saying the MOST generalized things, like "he was funny and stubborn." Well, MOST men are...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
for the record, I believe in "life after death", and the human ability to commune with disembodied intelligences, however, I also believe that most mediums and psychics are either frauds or being deceived. as another poster mentioned, there is an old trick called a cold reading. essentially, you throw out some vague questions, see what sticks and take it from there. it does require keen observation and a heightened degree of awareness, but it's hardly spirit communication. I used to be reasonably good at this and could fool small crowds at parties.

there are legitimately psychic people, but I feel that a lot of them are being deceived. based on my understanding, the human "soul" - etheric body - "rots" away after about 5 days. the astral body moves on afterwards and usually doesn't linger about. I believe that most genuine psychics are communicating with deceitful low-level astral entities and elementals. while they can sometimes provide accurate information, the entities providing the info are not who/what they claim to be.

my grandmother was chosen by such beings to be a psychic. i'm leaving a lot out of this story but here's the short version: at first she was told that she was in communication with a great great uncle. then the being said it was someone else. and again. then it said it was multiple ancestors. after days of resistance and being lied to (they told her the rest of family had poisoned her food) the being(s?) called her a stubborn bitch and left. she has been fine ever since.

I see disturbing similarities in a lot of UFO channelings. these are the same deceitful beings that wish to participate in earthly activities and they need "offerings" and the energy of a person to do this. there are safer, more efficient ways of communicating with the spirit world. even then, caution and skepticism is recommended.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Could it be the medium has access to the sitter's thoughts? It also seems that the medium got some things wrong like the dead baby. How is that possible? When the interviewer asked him about that he got agitated and started to vent about the scientific method. Something doesn't add up.

Some people have the special ability to read micro-expressions in human faces. Maybe that is the medium's secret. Once the sitter "opened up" ( he fully allowed his emotions to show on the face) the "dead person's" accuracy improved.

How would that particular medium do with a person not in the same room?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join