It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life After Death: A Medium conducts a reading with a Non-Believer (Video)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

Thank you for sharing the videos. S&F!!

I haven't read all the replies to see if this has been mentioned already, but did anyone notice the white figure in the third video that appeared behind the medium to his left, and then went to the left and disappeared? It was at the 1:14 mark.
It could have been someone's shadow. But the way it suddenly appeared and disappeared captured my attention.

As for the topic, I have always believed in life beyond life here. I've had too many experiences of my own to deny this.

I think the videos were great, and offered validation that life continues after we leave our earthly bodies. I really don't know what else they could do to offer proof of this.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepixelpusher
Okay I watched the video and was NOT impressed at all.

The "tell" that this medium is fake is that they heavily rely on looking at the person's reactions and refine things from there. Cover the persons face and put earplugs in the medium and they will just recite that most generic stuff that applies to most everyone. If he is a medium he should not have to ask questions...period, but merely tell the subject things. The fact that the subject has a strong reaction to his friends recent death makes this an easy hit. If you listen the medium really knows nothing until he sees the subjects reactions and then the medium refines things from there.

It's like reading the astrology column in the newspaper with these fake mediums. People see what they want in what they say.

There have been some mediums that used items from a person's belongings to find the killer and see through their eyes and had success, but this guy is your generic medium hack/fraud preying on people's sorrows for money.
edit on 15-7-2013 by thepixelpusher because: typo, grammar

So, you think the medium came up with "DonkeyDick" and "Pickles" just from watching the sitter's body language? Damn! This guy is good, if he did that!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
My take on this whole scenario is....
I have some sort of ability to "cold read" as it were although i didn't know it was called this. It used to be my little party trick but I could only do it when touching the person. Once I got into flow, I could tell them alsorts quite often what they were thinking and once the ball was rolling it was hard to stop and I could still get images and thoughts hours or a day or 2 later.

What I truly believe is that this ability is not anything to do with death spirits or afterlife, but an inate human ability of telepathy and of being able to literally tune into other humans' wavelengths. According to some researchers, before verbal communication and language all humans had this ability but now in most of us its dormant.

We are suggestive creatures and all it takes is a word or phrase and the mind starts to think and communicate and pictures and images appear, so if I said I see a large stone fireplace the person I was touching would automatically think of that and put it in its place and other thngs would follow like the house the owner of the house etc etc this is what I pick up on so if someone has died that person would be automatically thinking of them and it seems I could tune in and pick up on their thoughts.

We are all energy and connected so this to me isn't a great big suprise! Most of us can do this to a certain degree anyway

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

Yeah I am curious how you cold read Donkey Dick. The only explanation I could see is if he had somehow used the John Edwards technique of monitoring his client at some point to overhear conversations. But I doubt this guy brought up Donkey Dick in the lobby and it seems like with the researcher there she would have tried to prevent that.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
I would have to know more about this non believer. He may be someone hired off the street and coached by the "medium". I have a deep distrust of "psychics" and anyone involved in this type of thing. I've had several supposed psychics tell me they don't do public readings anymore because skeptics don't believe in their power. If I have to believe in it before it will work, it's not a true power, now is it?

i couldn't agree with you more. Spread knowledge. Make it availible. but do not horde on one name for a book or online series to charge people readings.

Anyone who charges lol. The path of the healer is one of self sacrifise. You don't gain much other than what you need to get by. Not create a franchise. lol.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I agree, these a good examples of life after death and mediumship.
Something of which I have no doubt happens to all of us.
(life after death)

I'll have to watch the time on the vid to see what I can catch when I get a chance.
Another busy work day ahead

But will check it out as soon as I can.

People will always believe or not believe, even when evidence is presented.
Unless it happens to them personally, they usually doubt, or disbelieve,
which is understandable.
I am already a full believer/experiencer because I have experienced it a lot thought-out my life.
I can't deny my own experience with it. That would be ignorant.

But I cannot make anyone else experience it, that is up to them to try to figure it out if it is important to them.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I've been to three psychics.

One was a total cold reading and fake. Beyond fake. Sadly fake.

One other was pretty good. Interesting. Obviously had a gift.
One other was AMAZING. Gave names and situations ... right down to what medication I'm on.

I am of the opinion that real psychics must be sensitive to certain frequencies.
If you and that psychic are at the same frequency then he/she can read you.
If you aren't at the same frequency, then they can't.

I don't know if that's true .. but that's what I'm thinking about the REAL ones.

The fake ones .. the cold reading ones ... that's a whole other story.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I once had a psychic tell me about the next 20 years of my life, and he was so dead on it was spooky.

he informed me my (now x) was cheating on me, and was right, informed me that my own abilities would be more for work than anything else and was right,as I have had two jobs now that require a 6th sense to do well. Told me I would have a total of 4 kids, which was correct, I only had 1 then and we had 2 more later, and my daughter now through marriage.

A lot of it didn't make sense until much later when he said he saw me traveling over a lot of ice and snow. The last 10 years I have gone back and forth between Minnesota and Alaska several times.

Makes me wonder though what is next as the reading ended, but some times you are just better off not knowing and just allowing life to do it's thing.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ultimafule

Great comments I had to really pray for an answer on this one -Here is what I received-I'm well aware there are too many fakes out there but some may be gifted. I went to the source on this one- his y-tube post (link) too and commented there and questioned him as well he did answer back to my surprise- but in the end this is my final humble opinion..

"Spiritual gifts intertwine the Divine and the Human. To view spiritual gifts in a merely human dimension leads to a gross misunderstanding of their divine element. Likewise, to view the gifts only from a ‘spiritual’ perspective will lead to a distorted appraisal. Spiritual gifts are ‘spiritual’ in nature for they are given by the Holy Spirit to every believer (1 Corinthians 12:7-11). Each gift is a manifestation of the Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:7). Spiritual gifts are ‘spiritual’ in that they are given only to those who are believers in Jesus Christ. Also, spiritual gifts differ from human talents and abilities in that they result in ‘spiritual’ fruit."

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by kauskau

Thank you for sharing the videos. S&F!!

I haven't read all the replies to see if this has been mentioned already, but did anyone notice the white figure in the third video that appeared behind the medium to his left, and then went to the left and disappeared? It was at the 1:14 mark.
It could have been someone's shadow. But the way it suddenly appeared and disappeared captured my attention.

As for the topic, I have always believed in life beyond life here. I've had too many experiences of my own to deny this.

I think the videos were great, and offered validation that life continues after we leave our earthly bodies. I really don't know what else they could do to offer proof of this.

I think the light is a car reflection, it goes to the left at 1:15 and then back at 1:19. reminds me to much of a car reflection from a window.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
nothing to see here, Just a bunch of hogwash...... mostly because THERE’S NO SUCH THING AS LIFE AFTER DEATH...... just accept that this is our life and stop making those above us control it...... its about time for mankind to fight for the way we should really be living.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

Interesting I will have to take a look when I get home. Cheers

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by prometheus2033
nothing to see here, Just a bunch of hogwash...... mostly because THERE’S NO SUCH THING AS LIFE AFTER DEATH...... just accept that this is our life and stop making those above us control it...... its about time for mankind to fight for the way we should really be living.

Aren't atheists supposed to provide facts and proof? Where are they?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join