It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 188
<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Okay then. Let's create a toy model of an eerie orb. So, this is the scenario: you are sitting on a chair in the corner of a room, and you wish to create an orb the size of a tennis ball. The orb must move all around the room, floating in mid air, it should ideally appear at any random point, and disappear at will, to then reappear at the other corner of the room. It must be a solid object, for we wish our orb to be detected by radar, and it must be steerable at will, for we wish to confer to our orb the ability to follow whatever path we desire. We would be satisfied, so far, if we can create such an object. Further, we will explore whether we can scale this toy model up to a fully operational model.

Mind, our orb is a solid object, therefore no way for it to traverse a wall through a hole and reappear at the other side. For our orb to be able to do so, we would need to dispose of the solid object, at the cost of not producing radar returns (you see it, as far as it glows, but you get no radar returns). Let's now see what we can do with the best available technology and see if we can design and build a small solid orb.

In the literature you will find how to create an artificial ball lightning and, according to the papers, "the average ball lightning appears as a sphere with a diameter of 300 mm, a lifetime of about 10 s, and a luminosity similar to a 100 W lamp. It floats freely through the air, and ends either in an explosion, or by simply fading from view." Here is the link:

bobliksem

According to that paper the only thing you would need to create your mini-orb is just silicon nanoparticles subjected to a electrical discharge that will propmtly oxidize during the interaction with the atmosphere at room temperature.

If your object is a superconducting sphere whose surface is doped with nanoparticles of silicon, and if you irradiate the sphere with high energy pulsed RF, and if you happen to get the sphere rotating at a very high speed, you will certainly produce the orb. Depending on the impringing RF energy pulse, the PRF - pulse repetition frequency - and the steering angle of the RF beam, you will get a pulsating glowing orb transitioning through different colors and moving in a steerable way.

Again, this is a very basic toy model, GUT. An elaborated model is the so-called "modified Shankar skyrmion", on which the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency rubidium hot gas drones are based. The weaponization here comes from the fact that, contrary to a mere plasma cloud, the sphere is a solid object and can be used as a radar chaff or decoy. You can find bibliography if you search for rubidium using FL search box. Also, the literature in

Beyond ABL and THEL: New Laser Filament in Mid Air Weapon Systems

will be of help to you. The key concept here is that of filamentation.

In my opinion, the technology is sufficiently mature to design steerable orbs, yet you need an external source of (most likely airborne) RF to guide the orb. That's the weakest point in this concept because there is no way to avoid the external RF source from being detected and neutralized. Killing the guiding RF source means killing the orb.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I call people Human all the time.

But I always say it with love.

edit on 7/17/19 by GENERAL EYES because: site fart - didn't add reply to

edit on 7/17/19 by GENERAL EYES because: IGNORE ME!!!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

that's good , keep it up fellow human

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Direne

Interesting post. Was also looking over some things re Rendlesham/Bentwaters the other day also.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Thank you. Nice to see you around here, Direne---abeverage will be very happy.

Of course I am very happy Direne is back and why I revisit this thread...

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Direne,
Always good to hear from you and yes you are missed...your thoughts and brain are fascinating to me.

Noticed some very interesting (or as far as I could tell...) Forgotten Languages posts on the Demiurge, AI posit of humans being basically biological robots, and of course dreaming reality.

Sure do wish I could read the full articles to fully grasp what you all are reasoning and to what end...

~AB

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: [post]Direne[/post]

Hi thanks for this thread!

I'm still reading through the Forgotten Language thread. It's very long as of page 124 I decided to only read your comments. I'm a bit annoyed by all the fear patterns you evoke by stating the obvious.
I have to yet come over a post of yours i disagree with.
It is very refreshing for me, it feels like eternity I've had the feeling someone could actually understand what i say.

Some of your replies just make me laugh so good like this one

"No. Actually, mankind does not need any supremacist campaign against itself: they are self-sufficient for that task"

I see the main problem in the lack of understanding the fractal form of the universe and therefore the aspects of projection!

Check your messages!

Sincerely No Clue

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

"You cannot meet a Giselian face to face. Their world is totally different from our own world. Theirs is a world of eternity."

Are they the beings that inhabit the place you go when you take '___' ? N,N-Dimethyltryptamine

as that place seems eternal and infinite
edit on 18-7-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

Light to you and yours, AB.

I'm glad to hear from you again, too. FL has several narratives, and often there is a narrative inside a narrative. I guess they all are attempts to approach basic questions that affect us all from different perspectives. These are questions that arise in the mind of all sentient beings, and I take the different religions, science, and all cultural manifestations as different ways to approach the question of what is to be alive.

Being born, dreaming, living, feeling, and finally dying is a radical experience for which we all need to find a purpose. No matter if it takes a lifetime, or any number of them, we all pursue answers to the question of Life, and Death.

Some members in FL take the utilitarian approach, researching on what function would a sentient being have in an engineered Universe; others approach the problem from the purely biophysical view, trying to discover whether being sentient means a biological advantage or, instead, a hindrance. Some members even question whether survival of the species is a driving factor at all. On top of that, we research issues related to interspecies contact, the logic behind particular belief systems, the afterlife, and whether consciousness is or not a state of matter, an efficient way to encode information, a necessary building brick of the Universe or, on the other hand, whether consciousness is exactly the opposite, that is, that that keeps us 'asleep' and unable to fully be.

I guess these all are questions we all meet in life, and I guess the entire search is so frustrating and exhausting that we tend to give up and go with the flow. Clearly, being alive means being aware of the fact we will finally die; this is a heavy burden to carry unless, of course, we knew there is an afterlife or at least that there is something more than meets the eye. A purpose, a reason, an explanation, that's what we are looking for.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: NoClue

Hello NoClue (yet).

Maybe the lack of understanding about life was meant by design. The contact narrative in FL revolves more around the purpose of the contact than the way the contact takes place. Contact between two different civilisations is something we have already confronted in the past - Amerindians and Europeans, Europeans and Polynesians, etc. - and we also have previous experience about contact between two intelligent species which are biologically different - modern humans versus Neanderthals and Denisovans, humans versus cetaceans, etc.

And wecurrently have a sound theory about hegemony and use of natural resources that explains the consequences and the logic behind those contacts. We now know there are different ways for contacts to happen - symmetric vs. asymmetric contacts, planned vs. accidental contacts, global vs. personal contacts, engineered vs. causal contacts. The question of whether a given contact is benevolent or not, beneficial or not, is also analysed and studied in the branch of mathematics called game theory.

But we lack a theory about terminal contacts because, by definition, we cannot make experiments and gather data about what happens in those contacts. You also lack experience about the post-contact world because, obviously, you have not been contacted. In my opinion, contact is a process, a slow one, a gradual one, with specific rules and logic. FL interest is more about the pre-contact activities than the moment of contact itself.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Light to you, sapien82.

'___', MDMA, '___', and the many tryptamines and phenethylamines - synthetic or natural ones - are mostly ego dissolution substances which produce a radical change in perception and, hence, a dramatic change in the way you perceive Reality. Meditation and other techniques can achieve the same result. Human beings, as far as we know, are complex systems which constantly negotiate the physical and spiritual nature they are made of. This requires a delicate balance between both sensing strategies. Probing the environment is vital for any living system, for it is through probing and sensing the environment that you take decisions that make the difference between life and death.

This also means that changing the environment around you will also cause in you the ego dissolution effect even when you have taken no psychoactive substances at all. About meditation, altered states of consciousness, and psychoactive substances there is a lot of interesting literature.

About introducing radical changes in the surrounding environment to induce mystical states in people there is not literature available. Encounters with Giselians are apparently such kind of experiences, provided you believe in aliens , of course. The interest here is not the effect, but why this happens.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Direne
Encounters with Giselians are apparently such kind of experiences, provided you believe in aliens , of course. The interest here is not the effect, but why this happens.

Direne, there is considerable literature on "contact" from the time of recorded history to the present and the sadly-funny thing is that they are known to lie.

How can you be sure these Giselians are extraterrestrial? It seems--to many who research or many who have experience--that whatever folk are in contact with is the same phenomena and these entities assume various "disguises."

I don't doubt folks experiences, I doubt the identification.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Who didn't contact me?

What would these specific rules be?
Who dictates them?
isn't this implying a fixed hirarchy that can't grow organically?
Who is to decide who contacts who first?

I personally don't like the approach of when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

I'm more of the idea that when the teacher is ready, the student appear.

Aren't we all teachers to someone?
The one we understand because we have been like him not long ago.
Or the one you hear talking and everything you hear fits but he seems to know more.
we just forgot how to tell our own story, and help others how to tell theirs!

Looking at groups of humans that have as a base nonhierarchy, the one emitting most knowledge and confidence will be most thrusted by the individuals forming this group. his position as a leader only depends on the thrust he received by each individual. At any point the individual can decide to follow any one in the group that seems to have a better approach.
The sole purpose of the leader of a group shuld be helping the ones relying on him. So they won't need to relay on him the next time this situation arises.

A good teacher will only once be your teacher!

Institutionalizing this process brings us to a stagnant social evolution. And that's what i see happening a lot on Sol 3.

Honestly No Clue

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Encounters with Giselians are apparently such kind of experiences, provided you believe in aliens , of course. The interest here is not the effect, but why this happens.

Direne, there is considerable literature on "contact" from the time of recorded history to the present and the sadly-funny thing is that they are known to lie.

How can you be sure these Giselians are extraterrestrial? It seems--to many who research or many who have experience--that whatever folk are in contact with is the same phenomena and these entities assume various "disguises."

I don't doubt folks experiences, I doubt the identification.

Tricksters, Tulpas, Elementals and demons.
Disguises or reflecting back what the observer is desperate to see is their MO and this is Paranormal 101....

I don't doubt their experience, but I don't necessarily believe them either.
When I hear 'chatting with higher entity ET ' sadly I start to tremble and shake as I get PTSD flashbacks of Blossom Goodchild and the GLF hoax.

edit on 18-7-2019 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

How can you be sure these Giselians are extraterrestrial?

I did not state they are extraterrestrials. That is why I wrote aliens in italics. Everyone of us has had a first contact with other species: the first time you met a blackbird in your garden, the first time you met a slug, even the first time you dream of a monster. All of it when you were a kid. Those are also first contacts. In particular, it qualifies as a first contact with unknown species provided nobody ever told you about, say, slugs, when you were a kid.

I want to build upon this idea to fully understand what a contact really means. Obviously, the experience you have about Nature is limited at that age, therefore no inductive reasoning is available to you. Once you grow up, once you've gained more knowledge about the environment around you, further contacts with other biological creatures are less and less exciting. But it then happens that, unlike when you were a child, you are now a more fearful animal , a more cautious person. You won't be afraid of slugs, or even of slug-like animals, for you have gained knowledge about them slugs.

The question is whether having an encounter with a strange creature will have the same effect on you and, if it doesn't, why is so. It is generally accepted that type of encounters are always terrifying and downright scary, unless they are modulated somehow by the creature itself. If the encounter is fortuitous and unintentional the reaction I would expect from you is that of a child seeing for the first time a slug, yet it seems this is never the case. Fear dominates those encounters, therefore becoming a trickster is fully justified in order to minimise anxiety and fright. That's what I think in what concerns unintentional encounters.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I guess these all are questions we all meet in life, and I guess the entire search is so frustrating and exhausting that we tend to give up and go with the flow. Clearly, being alive means being aware of the fact we will finally die; this is a heavy burden to carry unless, of course, we knew there is an afterlife or at least that there is something more than meets the eye. A purpose, a reason, an explanation, that's what we are looking for.

Direne,

Thank you for the reply.

I do have one huge outstanding question about FL, that I do not believe has been satisfyingly addressed...

Why the secrecy, why the obscurification? If your intent is knowledge which again is mostly why I came to join ATS, then why promote an allure of mystery or ill intent (often we fear what we do not know...)
Why not share your studies and invite open eyes, and minds in to see what FL is up to, and possibly contribute in ways unexpected and unthought of?

Although I mean no disrespect, I do hope you will address this question with a concise explanation and not shrouded in allegory or mythological scenarios.

~AB

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

That was well thought out. Thank you. And, yes, I see now that you did basically qualify "aliens." I mostly agree with the philosophical and sociological philosophy you put forward---although I still think that at the very least some healthy skepticism is in order.

"Contact" seems a risky business to me and I've seen real havoc caused in folks lives whether it was a real contact or a strongly imagined relationship.

I guess we could consider that, like us, some are good, bad, or mostly indifferent. I'm also of the mind that even if it were what we might call a minor deceit--a white lie--told to allay "fears" it is still questionable.

I'm trying to think of an real life example to mull around and see how I feel about it in that context. The humble slug doesn't lie to me so that extrapolation, while very spiritually worthwhile to ponder deeply, fails at that point to be a whole equivalent.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Why the secrecy, why the obscurification?

Because its exciting period. The more secrecy the more enticing it all becomes. It also entertains bored minds😎.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   

That's a fair question, AB.

A concise answer to it is to state that FL was thought as a think tank in which a group of individuals gather to discuss issues and to exchange ideas with the aim of setting up a theory of contact. We feel we lack a theory of contact and that we need to have such a theory in order to design procedures and protocols enabling us to design optimum contact strategies.

FL is thus a group organised to study a specific subject, namely, the contact between a human Earth-based civilization and a non-Earth civilization. We are a non-governmental, not for-profit research group with autonomy from government and from interest groups. Sadly, we consider universities as interest groups due to the funding context they operate in, therefore we detach from any research groups or universities in order to preserve our autonomy.

Secrecy and obscurification is just a consequence, not an end. This is so because by its very nature a think tank operates in isolation and keeping a distance with academia if you truly wish to reflect and deeply meditate about your study subject. One last reason for secrecy comes from the fact that there are societal institutions and interest groups who oppose to any kind of contact, along with interest groups who desperately wish to manage contact for their own benefit (mostly military and technological agents, but also firms and companies). You must understand that were we to operate in the open the very essence of a think tank would be lost.

I hope this answers your question.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Contact is truly a risky business, in particular because in any contact there are strong anti-contact agents operating at both sides of the fence.

For what we've learned, the best strategy for a large-scale fully intentional contact must be object-mediated. That is: a face-to-face contact is never advisable. We think the first contact will happen between probes, or along the lines of what we call 'the monolith paradigm' (à la Arthur C. Clarke's "2001: A Space Odyssey"). A requirement is that contact between civilization A and civilization B be based on their knowing something about one another. Without such knowledge, evidently, these and many other kinds of interaction could not take place at all. Any contact requires an intensity and nuance, and these only develop in the degree in which each party reveals itself to the other. It is a delicate process, and a process in which at least one of the partners (humans) is highly asymmetric, that is, a partner ruled by a small minority, consisting of members of the economic elite and policy-planning networks.

GUT, the minor deceit (a white lie) is questionable, indeed, yet it is needed. The white lie consists in using the probe (think of it as the monolith in the above mentioned movie) both as a means to establish contact, and as a means to test how the other party reacts and manage the contact. A genuine crashed UFO (genuine in that it is an extraterrestrial object, but a white lie in that it never really crashed, it was planted instead) is a white lie, but it makes no real harm to the contact's intent and purport.

We think the contact sequence goes something like detecting intelligent signals, identifying the source, sending probes to the source, analyzing the patterns in the signals, understanding the message, replying, getting back a reply, and contacting. This sequence takes a long time to complete and that mutual trust is a fragile thing. It easily turns into mistrust. Each stage in the contact process, in turn, is divided into equally important and critical steps: acquiring data, turning data into information, turning information into knowledge, understanding that knowledge, designing the reply message, sending the message taking due care to characterize the signal against the noise, wait for the response.

Finally, there is the most critical part in the process: once both parties have ascertained the messages exchange can only be attributed to artificial sources and that they are not due to unknown natural phenomena, you need to turn knowledge into experience, that is, you proceed with a vis-a-vis contact.

The entire sequence must be performed in a time scale which has also its specific requirements, and civilizations are dynamical systems that do change, evolve, dilute, and disappear. Trust, I'm afraid, is also subject to the vicissitudes of time. Contact is not mere handshaking. As a side note, I'd like to mention that there is a kind of contact, called forced contact , in which at least one of the parties is forced to contact the other party for reasons having to do with the survival of its civilization. This scenario has its own implications and risks.

new topics

top topics

<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join