It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 146
<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I apologize for accusing you of "nay-saying", I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, however...

....as I recall, you had spent a lot of time simply being argumentative over one specific point, before finally getting around to posting those nicely succinct summations of your over-all perspective...

...Also, whether that sort of circular arguing could be considered derailing or not, you have done it to me before (in Baddogma's Black triangle thread) and at the time, after frustrating me to the point of tears, sent me a PM admitting and apologizing for your behavior...

As far as 'saving me a year' on this thread, believe me, I have been "paying attention"...and don't by any means consider my time to have been wasted -

- because regardless FL's intentions, their bibliographic sources (even if at times quoted poorly) have always checked out, and I have learned some fascinating and worthwhile things on a wide range of interesting topics from searching out those resources..

And if you find this thread such a waste of time, why on earth do you bother popping back in here from time to time?

edit on 13-6-2015 by lostgirl because: spelling

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

While I cannot agree with your perspective, upon reflection, I also totally disagree with mine as well. I found that I did almost immediately after I had written it, while it may be reflective of the people that I have met it doesn't take into account any of the people that have the greatest influence upon the way I think and feel about the creative process and who have helped direct me to see reality in totally new, often startling, ways. The world of literature alone is completely smothered with brilliant religious and spiritual types...some of my favourites in fact...which is unlikely to be a coincidence.

I suppose much depends upon what you set out to achieve, or indeed in what you view the spirit to be, and that in essence creates a value judgement. For me I take the classical approach, differentiating the spirit (that which gives the Breath of Life) from The Holy Spirit (the essence of the Divine that connects to the spirit). The two, clearly, are not necessarily, mutually exclusive. Nor is religion necessarily removed from either the spirit or the Holy Spirit, however it does have a tendency to get stuck in time and therefore often has persecuted and murdered visionaries or generally condemned others for what they perceive to be morally degenerate behaviour.

And, there is this wonderful tortured torment that comes from rubbing up against society in the wrong way. Tchaikovsky's brilliance would perhaps have been blunted had he not viewed himself as an abhorrence and in the process sending his wife off to the insane asylum for being so twisted as to love him. It's that delicate balance between pleasure and pain, the agony and ecstasy, to repeat a cliche. But that goes hand in hand with creation. Creation implies an investment in something that is unique, something that is going to take people's breath away.

Many (many, many) years ago, on a visit to the National Gallery in London, wandering around at random, I saw through the open door way to the next room and a Gauguin directly in front of me on the wall beyond. I don't know a great deal about art, I've never studied it, I knew Gauguin though because I had read The Moon and the Sixpence by W Somerset Maugham which is a semi-biographical novel based on the artist's life. I had bought postcards of some of his paintings to help illustrate my reading. I eagerly set off to take a closer look.

Claude Monet never really impressed me. His paintings didn't tell the kind of stories that I liked to listen to, I found him bland and a bit chocolate boxy to be honest. Walking towards the Gauguin, taking in the paintings across the wall in front of me, and to the side of me, I stopped and turned around. My eyes met the wall I had just walked through before my toes did and somewhere in between my legs just forgot what they were doing and I kind of swooned. I am not a swooning sort, never have been. It was, therefore, quite an alarming, and unnerving experience, but genuinely never has my breath been taken away from me so literally by something created by man.

I can't see it now, looking at the picture above, what I saw then is not there now. It is a big painting of course, 4 metres by 2 metres (or thereabouts), but in person, my word, it is the most beautiful thing. Great art is like that, it confronts you and turns your world upside down. It doesn't have to be about torment but I do think that the struggle of the spirit, over coming it's masters, it's elders, morality etc etc is what drives innovation across the whole spectrum of innovations in how we perceive and interact with the world. Art is another expression of that, that should, in my opinion, be at the forefront of challenging the way in which we see reality and as importantly, interact with reality.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: HerbertAshe

that was a stellar post, i'd really like to see the follow-up.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ATODASO

Working on it. As well as working on, you know, work. Hopefully I can get something together by the weekend.

So far I've been building up a timeline of the FL site from October 2008 til now and correlating that with a timeline of this thread. So far I'm in the early stages of this thread and filling out some of the background from ATS research, such as Ayndryl's interaction with the translation forums.

For the record, I'm currently holding with the opinion that FLs upsurge in UFO related posts and Direne's presence here essentially amount to FL trolling ATS, so to speak. They were, and likely still are, trying to push buttons and look for a reaction. Remember, Direne was posting here as an individual but he or she would be receiving information and advice from the whole FL crew as to where to push the conversation next. It seems to me that Direne managed to say a whole bunch of nothing that got a whole bunch of people all riled up. A troll with a research agenda is still a troll.

Of course, that said, I'm looking for evidence to disprove this theory as much as I'm looking for evidence to back it up. Just gotta knuckle down and get some of my real-life deadlines out of the way so I can focus some time on this. Patience, friends...

ETA: One nugget I've noticed so far is that from Oct 2008 until Apr 2013 Ayndryl is the only poster on FL when Karadne turns up. Other posters join in adding material over the next couple of months. So for the first four and a half years FL appears to be a one man show.

This is based on the site as it exists now, no telling what has been posted and erased. The earliest Wayback Machine archive for FL is 11 July, 2013. Which, incidentally, is the day before Kantzveldt started this thread.

edit on 1562015 by HerbertAshe because: additional info

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I'd be interested to see similar analysis on some of those "hum" noises. It would be fascinating to find a connection, if there is one. As per usual, most recordings won't be particularly useful, but some might be fruitful.

More importantly, I'd like to see HA's findings replicated. I'm not able to do much in that vein with the tools at my disposal.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

thanks, man.

that's about where my head is at, too.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Hey HerbertAshe: And welcome, btw. I agree with Bybyots and ATODASO, as to your stellar contribution, thus far.
As to this:

I'm currently holding with the opinion that FLs upsurge in UFO related posts and Direne's presence here essentially amount to FL trolling ATS, so to speak. They were, and likely still are, trying to push buttons and look for a reaction. Remember, Direne was posting here as an individual but he or she would be receiving information and advice from the whole FL crew as to where to push the conversation next.

(Bolding mine), yes, one only needs to review the information in the last ten pages or so. It was precisely what I was a'tryin' to say. You see, I came under some rather heavy artillery from a few posters here. Yet, it wasn't my comments that seemed to anger Direne, nor "chase her off." Though, my repartee' with her consisted mainly of me replying to things she said, and then a private exchange of emails. I only continued to post about that primarily to say that it was as I suspected: the rhythm of her/his replies on the thread being what it was seemed clear to me that anytime something was rather challenging, there would be an 8 to 12 hr. lapse before a reply, indicated she/he was consulting with others, perhaps, before replying. Indeed, in my exchange privately with this person (and I might add I suddenly had private messages from members wanting to be privy to those details) it was a quick assertion of offering help if I granted permission to discuss my personal details with the "FL group, at large."

I thought this a very important thing for people reading to know, especially since the same proffer of "help" was offered to someone else on this thread, and those details discussed, somewhat, with me….while, yet, I never considered copying and pasting my email exchange on either the thread or in private messages. "Direne" commented on that, in something of a double negative, double entendre….which is more evidence there was some kind of sub text in communications going on there. And this is an important consideration when dealing with educated linguists, perhaps, involved with NLP and people interested in promoting an "anti-language…." as perhaps a way of subverting such speaking in code, even while they're about it.

Though not directed at you, I will again assert that I not only didn't chase this person off, I stuck as much to the thread topic, as Direne was then discussing it, as anyone did. But there are much larger matters at work here, and that is trolling people, in general, who have experienced certain things in their perceptions that just don't quite add up…..

There isn't really any "face value" at that, or at work, there, as Anaana alluded to. How can you "take someone at face value," who is, at the very least, duplicitously communicating, and belongs to a website hosting triggering videos, replete with flashing lights, graphic visions and haunting music? Many members here, after watching these videos, began to report very strange and disturbing dreams….

Every link I provided I felt was germaine to the issue of the battlefield of the "mind," the consciousness, and the perceptions of reality, and informed to choice as to what informs it, or pollutes it (perception.)

Along those lines, there was actually a good bit of disclosure from Direne about certain matters. To be specific, it happened on pg. 136 of the thread, and should have been illuminating as to where FL feels it "fits into" the CONTACT scenario. And I find it extremely interesting, especially from a "UFO experience" perspective, that no one is discussing what she did agree was going on, vis a vis her "disclosures." What occurred there should have rung some bells for some folks, and was particularly on topic.
tetra
edit on 15-6-2015 by tetra50 because: clarity

edit on 15-6-2015 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2015 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

The links in my first post are so anyone can do the same thing. I like to keep my research methods as transparent as possible so they can be replicated and verified.

This website turns the audio from Youtube into an mp3.

This free software makes the spectrograph. Just open the audio file with it and it makes the spectrograph which you can then save as a png.

It's worth noting that there is nothing new or particularly esoteric about embedding images in an audio spectrograph. Here are some examples and a bit more explanation of the process. I am by no means a technical wizard, this stuff is pushing at the edges of my skills and knowledge.

a reply to: tetra50

Agreed. We all seem to be heading to the same page with this one. As mentioned, I'm working my way back through the thread to try to build an overall picture. I don't believe Direne has been 'chased off' by anyone here in either the first or second interactions. The first case especially felt like deliberate tactic to drop the bomb concerning a rescue team coming for the Roswell crew or whatever and then disappearing. Shout fire in a theater much, Direne?

Anyways, still gathering citations for these assertions and I promise I'll report back soon.
edit on 1662015 by HerbertAshe because: grammar

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

You set yourself a large task...

the year 4332AD Captain Lani Daniels of the USS CICERO catches her helmsman/lover with a lovely science officer and puts him in temporal confinement for penance- the frontal lobe of a modern day Earthling referred to as 'the host', who'd recently suffered a tremendous loss at the hands of the landmark hurricane Katrina.

How will knowledge from his future be used to assist humans- and just who exactly are the Assemblers?

Kerysse.com
edit on Kam630166vAmerica/ChicagoTuesday1630 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

As long as it distracts me from doing anything actually meaningful or fiscally responsible with my life then it's all good.

(Back to work Ashe! Get back to work!)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Hmmm... I think I may have got their attention already.

Disclosure: I am in New Zealand, so with my poking around on FL they would've noticed a lot more traffic from this part of the world. This means that the latest Cassini Diskus post: Cassini Diskus - 101.98.186.22 Auckland-Grafton particularly twitched my antennae.

I won't mention what my antennae did when I looked at that string of numbers again and realised that's my IP address. Or perhaps I should say, was my IP address.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

yeah, you'll see further back in the thread that they're ip logging visits. i guess they tried to dox some members here, but weren't super successful with that. here's what i don't get. you can say anything you want on the internet, but your right to anonymity is only as valid as the steps you yourself take to ensure it.

if someone, for instance, uses their surname as a username, or links their real life identity to their online persona multiple times across multiple platforms, does that indicate that anonymity is much of a concern? aside from the fact that it allows for playing dress-up and catfishing here?

i ask because several members got castigated roundly for posting "personal info" on some of the major players at fl. i say if you want your personal info to stay that way, don't splash it all over the internet and then attach your "anon" handle to it. if people find it because you made no effort to scrub or distance yourself from it, that is your fault, not theirs.

anyway, proxy up.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Good point, of course, ATODASO, but:

…for playing dress-up ….

This alludes to wearing a costume of identity, does it not? In other words, my neighbor's "proxy" could be my ip, and someone a few blocks away might be "masquerading" as my neighbor, me or any other number of people.

Kantz's storyline provides the same scenario, on a consciousness level: If someone is using someone else's consciousness, for that matter, who is to say, then, which consciousness is at work within the "host?" So, someone else, entirely, can be "splashing" information about a person, and not necessarily true, "all over the internet."

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Yeah, I'm aware of them logging IPs. It just struck me as maybe the first time an IP address has been attached to one of their posts. Usually in a UFO-Cassini post there's numbers to indicate a date, which is what threw me at first. Although here's a post mentioning a 'New Zealand event' with no date code attached. The post is from October, 2014 and here is a list of NZ sightings from 2014 with nothing especially interesting in it though. As a brief aside here's the wiki page for our most famous UFO event.

You want to know what the cutest thing is though? The text attached to the image for the Cassini Diskus in the most recent post is, "Near death?" I guess I should just be glad it doesn't have the 'Defense' label.

I had considered running behind proxies before I started this journey but I'm glad I didn't otherwise I probably wouldn't have spotted this.

Come Watson, come! The game is afoot!

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: HerbertAshe

Usually in a UFO-Cassini post there's numbers to indicate a date, which is what threw me at first. Although here's a post mentioning a 'New Zealand event' with no date code attached.

What date code are you talking about? Can you clarify.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: boozo

Okay, I was a little mistaken. There's not that with posts with a date, I was thinking of examples that had been posted here but hadn't had the chance to go back through them all yet. Though on a quick scan the posts with date codes seem to refer to the date of the posting. Such as this where 260713 would indicate July 26, 2013. Or this with 280613-1807 indicating 7 minutes past 6pm, June 28, 2013.

There are a few Cassini Diskus posts that have been correlated with UFO events that include co-ordinates. Such as this which is downtown Phoenix, Arizona. This which points to Delphos, Kansas. This is refered to as an HLE (High Level Event?), which may be pointing to this case.

So, I admit I had my wires slightly crossed, running on memory rather than references. Still the point remains that I haven't noticed FL every publishing an IP before. What makes me so special? I think this post proves that I'm just another easily confused chump with a keyboard.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Now I get your point. What do you think maybe could be special about you?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The site I posted before is now gone. Very weird. Even more weird is now this site is up with the same contact info. Anybody recognize the domain name? Why remove the site after I posted it here?
www.nodespaces.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

ETA: One nugget I've noticed so far is that from Oct 2008 until Apr 2013 Ayndryl is the only poster on FL when Karadne turns up. Other posters join in adding material over the next couple of months. So for the first four and a half years FL appears to be a one man show.

Interesting. Maybe one person could be doing all of this? Pretending to have members and posting under different member names? Or maybe just two people? Whats the point?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: velvetpawn

Towards the bottom of page 144 is a post by an ATS member (Digital_Reality) who said that the website you had posted belonged to him...

I wonder why he would take it down after revealing that it was his?

<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join