It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 144
<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: joshint
a reply to: Jonjonj

None of this has to become real life.

Anyway, this is taking the thread away from its raison d'etre as it were. Sorry Kandtzveldt
edit on 8-6-2015 by Jonjonj because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

It's one of their posts.

You can find it.

You can search "parallel"

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Tsk - you said the 'v' word three times in a row, that's just naughty! But funny - reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where he couldn't remember the name of the girl he was dating ("it's something that rhymes with a female body part")

Your post makes some great points and I agree (if I understand correctly) that due to subjectivities of perception, it would be incredibly difficult to truly 'communicate' by means of art/music.

I know what you mean about that "K!" sound, did you ever see the movie, "The God's Must Be Crazy"? Sweet little comedy 'starring' a member of one of those African tribes...

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

(post by joshint removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Even though you might not be able to "carry a tune", I think it is equally useful to be beat-oriented. It seems to me that percussion and rhythm hold the secret to "time travel" as it were, because they allow the consciousness of an individual to zero-in and experience a given "moment" of time, at different scales.
If you think about it, the concept of "tempo" is an illusion (in the same way that time is an illusion) and really rhythmic subdivisions operate in relation to eachother, just in the same way that melody and harmony require relationship between each other to be perceived..

People typically only pay attention to the obvious beats (and the radio is full of examples..) where the kick drum is on the 1 and 3 of a beat (in 4/4 of course..) and the snare is on the 2 and 4 of the beat.. My friends and I call this "the money beat" because it seems like that's all that is required to make money as a musician: be willing to always and forever play that God-forsaken beat haha.. but seriously..

Between the "easy beats", there are infinite possibilities for those who can consciously navigate more complex subdivisions. not only are their quarter notes, eighth notes, sixteenth notes, etc.. but there are Triplets (fitting 3 hits in a 4-beat bar) which are being discovered- and abused- by dubstep musicians, and ALSO quintuplets, not to mention different time-signatures beyond 3/4 and 4/4 which can be utilized to create music that hasn't been explored by most people..

Ultimately I'm saying that it seems like rhythm and harmony/melody are two sides of the same spectrum and perhaps knowing this could help people make more potent and meaningful music.

I know what you mean when you say

I think that there are better ways of communicating certain forms of information but not without first understanding the process, getting too formulaic and the message is lost I believe.
but the problem is the audience needing to be indoctrinated into that style of communication.. because that means that it's difficult to communicate a new foreign idea to the audience who hasn't already thought of it on some level.. I agree that especially with music and art, being formulaic will not improve the quality of the art or communication either.. but perhaps if the artist knows the language of his art inside-and-out, and knows when to use what (and how), then the audience's grasp of the message (and the medium) might increase exponentially like a feedback loop...

perhaps this knowledge is what gave the potency to certain sacred music and hymns which have lasted 1000+ years..? and also why the music of most modern musicians lasts... BARELY 100 years tops..?

as for the K(!!!) sound, i too have been fascinated by the inclusion of percussive sounds in supposedly "primitive languages". I think that beat-boxing is a good way to try to expand your command of mouth-sounds, but again, there's no meaning in those sounds (besides providing a background for rap or other beatboxers..)

think it's crazy how "primitive people" have a much more expanded and descriptive/imaginative command of language than we English-speakers.. meaning has been lost from our language it seems, and we don't even know what our own names mean anymore.. perhaps this fact alone will eventually be what wakes a lot of people up and stop taking language for granted.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I just want to say that I am so disappointed with some members in this thread, chasing away the most interesting person that has ever been on the site (in my opinion) and to the mods for not reigning it in sooner after Tetra continually derailed the thread!!!! I am so annoyed right now I can't believe everybody let it happen. I only wish I had caught up sooner.

Direne, there are many of us here that have the intelligence to listen and understand you, without resorting to childish behaviour, please remember us and continue to post.

Tetra, no offense but, you were completely out of line and it's obvious you have some some mental issues that I hope you will be able to sort out but, taking it out on people who you know nothing about is not the answer.
edit on 9-6-2015 by Annmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Annmouse

The nicest thing about the FL sites is that unlike ats you presumably have a think tank sort of effect, that is a number of people chosen to do reports or whatever present their thoughts and not be bothered with by lunacy.

Actual "work" here is very difficult to accomplish, conclusions are rarely drawn because of.

1: Paid posters which is the term i'd use for anyone with an agenda or something to sell, political and religious individuals of the proselytizing variety etc, etc et al

2: The uneducated and those with metal conditions.

In short the people who make up "the bulk" on almost any forum who aren't looking for new ideas (may think they are often) but rather have a tunnel vision world view. Even a great many who believe they are objective come to "crush" rather than listen.

Aside from that it's just rude, I listen to a lot of lectures myself and unless it's you tube where no one can here me I usually don't verbalize my thoughts out loud to a speaker.

Nor is it part of "the program" to try to force people to reveal themselves no matter who they are. Truthfully while one might say that would be a more natural reaction in a thread of this nature it's still against the rules and probably should have resulted in a temp ban or some such thing...

All aside you invite a person to talk, let them talk. The tendency here to continue on after a "point" hs been made in an attempt to "destroy" a poster who isn't being racist or otherwise directly insulting to anyone just because one disagrees is discouraging of of ever finding any "answers" to anything.

I tried bringing up a very simple point, you can "gather information" a variety of ways but not if you don't "keep them talking" and tried to convey it several ways if the questions a person has are burning at them so badly one method would lead to "Nothing" the other led to "something" if communication is ongoing there is always "information" to be gathered and brute force was a foolish idea without a locus of threat, it got like a Guantanamo Bay post lunch debriefing except with no power to actually torture a person who could simply walk away...

That was a very stupid approach.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I googled everything I could to make sense of what that person was talking about. I'm even more confused now than when I first started reading. Maybe this was already mentioned earlier and I missed it but this site seems eerily similar. binarylegion.com It looks like it was just started at the beginning of the month. Maybe just a coincidence? No member names are listed on this one so it may be non related. I was enjoying what the poster was saying. Hopefully she comes back.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: VelvetPawn

That is incredibly intriguing!!! It totally looks like an FL wanna-be...or maybe spin-off.

Shame though - no English bits and no bibliographies in the posts...

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

There is at the bottom of this page.page Not much help anyway. Odd site to add to the list of odd sites.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annmouse
I just want to say that I am so disappointed with some members in this thread, chasing away the most interesting person that has ever been on the site (in my opinion) and to the mods for not reigning it in sooner after Tetra continually derailed the thread!!!! I am so annoyed right now I can't believe everybody let it happen. I only wish I had caught up sooner.

Direne, there are many of us here that have the intelligence to listen and understand you, without resorting to childish behaviour, please remember us and continue to post.

Tetra, no offense but, you were completely out of line and it's obvious you have some some mental issues that I hope you will be able to sort out but, taking it out on people who you know nothing about is not the answer.

You can contact FL yourself and someone will probably converse with you. I personally wouldn't advise it, and you're liable to get one of a number of different explanations as to who they are and what they are getting at. Apparently, some of us are too dumb to understand where FL is going or what it thinks it knows. That and a few and sundry head game-type shenanigans, along with the presentation of an all-knowing attitude yet the inability to summarize the voluminous and dichotomous information, and always accompanied by the teasing air of mysterioso & double-speak left some of us with a much less generous opinion of Direne being the most interesting person to ever visit this site. You're kind of new here I see, ahem, so maybe a lot of this is new to you? Maybe not.

I think Tetra posted something from JayinAR awhile back. He had a lot of contact and a good relationship with them for awhile. Then his life went kind o' haywire and at some point he stopped praising them and cursed them instead. Don't know what all went on with that. Some of it's here in earlier pages. Direne or Andryl, be they one and the same or different folk ARE indeed interesting and exceptionally intelligent no doubt. I had become interested in chatting more with Direne. However, as far as Direne being "chased off," she's a big girl, apparently sophisticated, and quite cunning so I seriously doubt a "bitch fight" so-to-speak-and-no-offense is what caused Direne to exit. Direne was feeling another sort of heat.

edit on 10-6-2015 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I have spoken with Ayndryl via email and as long as you are polite and courteous to them they will do the same with you. I may be new but, I have read the whole thread and investigated it in my own time. They are actually quite open with many things and leave a lot of clues. If you have the patience and intelligence and read their whole website, it isnt that difficult to piece together a picture of what they are trying to accomplish.

For example.

Nodespace is a program that many scientists have been working on. It is available to anyone who wants to buy it, if you know where to look. FL have admitted themselves (on a certain Russian website) that they are using that programme (and improved upon it) to decifer forgotten languages, they also admitted that they found the software could not only decipher languages but could do something else!

The software itself (basically) finds patterns in words and languages. The software can be used to analyze the whole internet, from social media to scientific papers. The software can also, given a certain set of instructions, deconstruct that information and present conclusions in an essay format.

The software can also predict the future, or give a set of probabilities for what our future could be. Again this is software available to anyone.

Now I found all this out without even speaking to or insulting anyone, just using by brain and the internet!

These guys are intelligent people who have obviously found out some incredible stuff using this software and it is clear they do want to make people aware of what they know. I think they are just wary about WHO they tell and given the crap that has been posted here about them, I can certainly understand that.

Thank you to the people who tried to keep the thread on topic.

edit on 10-6-2015 by Annmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: VelvetPawn

There is at the bottom of this page.page Not much help anyway. Odd site to add to the list of odd sites.

That is my website and it has nothing to do with FL. While it is similar and I took away some "techniques" from being a member of FL, it is not related.
I make my own languages based on what I learned from FL and post whatever I want without fear of ridicule on the web. Its nothing more than an encrypted online scrapbook of ideas and information.
I was encouraged to do this when I first joined FL. I'm not competing or copying. My languages are a labor of love and I enjoy the privacy they provide.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Digital_Reality

Thank you so much for letting us know - that was really generous of you!
(Salut!)
edit on 10-6-2015 by lostgirl because: oops

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

Thank you so much for letting us know - that was really generous of you!

Your welcome.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Yep: Thank you.

top topics

<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join