It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 143
<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Hiya, Kandinsky! What you think about this post from a few pages back?

Now, you ask if I have evidence that the orbs over Mexico were a DoD UFO simulation test. I do. It was not a UFO simulation. It was a drill to test the new generation of optical decoys, a spinoff of the dazzlers development program. Within the framework of that program there is a mature program aiming at developing powerful tactical LED and NON-LED flashlights. A small airborne vehicle fitted with those tactical flashlights looks as a powerful bright shinning... UFO. They are not meant to illuminate the battlefield, they are meant to blind the enemy's infra-red sensing systems so that you can position your troops safely on the battlefield.

If the TO is in daylight, you need to use a variant of the system, which is the one that was tested near those AFBs in NM, AZ, and UT. The tests outside American soil are done to preserve the spirit of the law, which states something that no weapons can be tested on unaware American citizens or populated areas.

At some point in the development you need to test these weapons in real scenarios. So, you go to the closest place available which happens to be Mexico. Mexico has some advantages for your test program: they do fiercely believe in UFOs, which is all you need to cover the development of new weapons.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

It could be but no direct evidence was ever forthcoming and i did ask...only evidence of interest.

edit on Kam630158vAmerica/ChicagoMonday0830 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

Oh wow, I had missed that whole line about the bodies and objects...I see they just posted that in February - I guess back in 2013, they didn't want to say it was something "found"...

....Now I feel even worse, I really hadn't intended to be offensive

You guys know me, right?

I'm never 'mean' to people - just have a bad case of foot 'in' mouth disease...

Maybe I should send an apology PM.

edit on 8-6-2015 by lostgirl because: spelling

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

You have nothing at all to apologise for.
Having felt as much frustration as many others have done, does not require an apology.
It was the time for FL to walk away again, having sowed the seeds they wished to sow.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You weren't offensive, a few wild fires were intentionally started to provide the smoke for a hasty retreat, happened before and people were left figuring if they were to blame, laugh and move on.

I mean all in all the second coming was a waste of time if they weren't going to provide any hard evidence to back up their claims, i already got their suggested scenario, but while an interest in reverse engineering alien technology remains a maybe an interest in forward engineering human cultural development is case proven, the former could just be the cover story for the latter.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: HyphenSt1
To what extent is music a language in itself?

That is an interesting question and idea. From my perspective, much like mathematics, I don't understand the written language of music. I can count out a beat though.

The drum was and still is, amongst the Finnic-Ugaric peoples for example, a central aspect of social and religious practices. Mythology surrounds the discovery/invention of musical instruments, and rhythmic dance remains an important part of social and cultural behaviours. So, definately, music and rhythm are languages, but written down formalises the language and builds barriers between understanding. Music as a natural language, I suspect, can only be experienced. But then, I am tone deaf and can't carry a single note.

originally posted by: HyphenSt1
is it useful to think of spoken language, music, art, etc, as all different "colors on a pallet" on the same spectrum of expressive vocabulary typically available to the human being?

..and if so, do you think that this language will eventually be able to be taught and treated as a fluid vocabulary, to where music and art can be made with such direct intent that "the message" of the creator of the art won't be lost on the audience? I understand that certain esoteric artists and composers have attempted (and occasionally accomplished) this in certain ways, but without initiation into the symbolic vocabulary of the artist, "the message" cannot register consciously in the mind of the observer. (though I do think that certain "symbolic vocabularies" can register certain concepts in the subconscious, because we all share many internal archetypes)

I've been trying to perfect the "K!" sound found in some African languages. It's a kind of clicking made at the back of the throat. It seems to require a musculatory control that I am lacking. I may not be up to the challenge.

The purpose of "symbolic vocabularies" is to convey greater meaning in shorthand form or over time and place. The esoteric nature of the expression depends upon who the artist is and to whom the artist is communicating. If you cannot understand the symbology consciously it is because you are not the intended audience. An artist however is generally keen to communicate the basis of their inspiration, and these things can be learnt, explanations will generally be forthcoming if you seek them out and you can find what they wanted to portray, it more often has to do with fashion and courtly dramas overlaid onto myth given a new frame of reference than any great understanding of esoterism. Blake, Joyce, Schumann exceptions that prove the rule. Art is about experience, about looking or listening, feeling or smelling, something that is capable of transforming the way in which you perceive, even the person next to you though cannot experience it in the same way that you can and engagement with symbology with give you a reflective experience whether you understand it as it was intended or simply apply your own meaning to it. It very much depends upon what you want to learn from it, or not learn as the case may be.

My point is, if the message is lost on the audience, is it through lack of effort on the part of the artist, or is it on the part of the audience? There are symbols that are still in use today that are derived from very ancient symbols, but that does not mean that the meaning is fixed. I think Direne said the same earlier, you can only understand symbols in the context to which they applied. A triangle, or the Greek Delta, could mean yoni or river mouth, but it basically meant vulva and because of that it was used to describe all things vulva-like. Every word that begins with the letter "d" in English would denote it's vulva-like properties to the ancient Greeks. Symbology is transient and environmentally dependent.

Natural languages, like those with the K! reflect the sounds of the environment. Written music and mathematics both insist on far too much ordering to be entirely natural. Give a group of kids some pans and spoons and they soon work out what to do with them.

I really like your points and I hope that Direne will answer your questions.

I did enjoy thinking about symbology in that way though, I haven't tried to look at it like that before, it was quite challenging. I think that there are better ways of communicating certain forms of information but not without first understanding the process, getting too formulaic and the message is lost I believe.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Removed as requested.
edit on 8-6-2015 by joshint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: joshint

I have always been happy, and I always will be. And those that hide in multitudes must share, sharing is diluting. I am happy.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I'm glad you're eternally happy from "yesterdays" to "tomorrows".

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
@Jonjonj & Kantzveldt

Thank you both for the support!

I tend to 'do' guilt to a neurotic degree, so your understanding is extremely helpful.

And now I'm sure we'd all like to call that over and done with - moving on....

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Yes, I believe this chapter is indeed over, but on the bright side, many interests have been piqued, have they not? I know I have much to interest me still.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I am glad you are glad that I am glad, to what point should we continue this mutual felicitation?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
You shouldn't be too harsh on yourself.

Like they say, "Do you forgive yourself?"

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Well, that's intriguing - Was that in one of their posts at the FL website?

So they can "modify" world-lines? "jump" people "to another parallel" world?

I wonder if they could jump us to a world where "Fukushima" didn't happen?

Edit to say: I find it easier to forgive myself once I know others forgive me -
- or even better, hold me blameless

edit on 8-6-2015 by lostgirl because: edit to joshint

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Well, it's the internet, you can say whatever you want.

It's up to you what you take of it.

You can ask "them" yourself about that.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Josh, after your u2u to me, and my response to you. Is there something you would like to say? I was pretty clear I think.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

So they can "modify" world-lines? "jump" people "to another parallel" world?

I think it's related to the "Wall Beam" that they've mentioned.

I wonder if they could jump us to a world where "Fukushima" didn't happen?

I don't think so.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

You were late.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I truly wish I could make this emote cry

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I truly wish I could make this emote cry

edit on 8-6-2015 by joshint because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join