It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you want to practice magic..

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

@#$%^&$&@&$@&%&@ !!!!!!

I messed up on the physical journey entry... i may have missed day three in time

So guess what

DAY 1 !!!!!

Impeccability-

@#$% @#$ Bull@#$%

No excuses
No I forgot
No I tried to do it
No I reminded myself
No I was within the day

Self Discipline

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol

@#$%^&$&@&$@&%&@ !!!!!!

I messed up on the physical journey entry... i may have missed day three in time

So guess what

DAY 1 !!!!!

Impeccability-

@#$% @#$ Bull@#$%

No excuses
No I forgot
No I tried to do it
No I reminded myself
No I was within the day

Self Discipline

You lack self discipline and charge $1 million dollars for 60 min?
You are from WS IL (or an investment banker!)?

I thought Mages had total self discipline (esp on easy baby mage tasks such as diary entries).

I'll save up my pennies and call you when I have a million dollars, ask you to work for the good of the whole universe not on granting the selfish desires of( wealthy powermongers) apes and imps.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
sigil magick:

write down what it is you want. cross out vowels and repeating letters. re-arrange remaining letters into an abstract symbol. you now have a sigil. next, charge the sigil. this is achieved by reaching a state of no-thought with only the sigil in mind. this can be accomplished by chanting, dancing, sexing, meditating...

in my early days of magicking, I did a sigil for money. it wasn't very specific (be specific! see The Monkey's Paw). the very next day, while on lunch break in my car, a guy next to me slammed his car door into my car. being the relatively easy-going chap I am, plus the fact that my car was already dinged up, I let it slide. later I realized I could've gotten a decent chunk of cash from insurance.

which leads me to 'proofs' of magick. it is somewhat subjective. was my sigil experience coincidence? I like genesis p-orridge's idea of magick "forcing the hand of chance". you can't win the lottery unless you buy a ticket. at the moment, I believe the sigil ritual trained my subconscious to seek out the most efficient way to achieve my desire. why did I park in that spot? why did I stay in my car for lunch? the subconscious seems to know what you really want and how to get it. communicating and knowing it is magick.

magick is an art. it's like sports. if you don't make a half-court shot your first time, it doesn't mean it's not possible. for some of us, it takes practice. magick is well, magickal! in every sense of the word. it's a complex synthesis of the subjective experience interacting with objective reality. for those inclined, I can't recommend it enough.

more recommended reading:

undoing yourself - Christopher Hyatt
promethea - alan moore
how to know higher worlds - Rudolph Steiner
tertium organum - p. d. ouspensky
tao of jeet kune do - bruce lee

p.s. rumor has it that Crowley wrote the rituals for Gerald Gardner. also, I think Crowley was a better occultist than he was a magician. he wanted too much too fast and had lots of personal issues. you can't cross the abyss with any baggage on you at all. that being said Liber 777 and the Book of Thoth are incredible compendiums of knowledge. highly recommended.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Wow. That was amazing. I sent you a u2u by the way.

I think everyone participating in this thread needs to listen to Rip a little more. You might learn something.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Very interesting reply. Thank you!

Sacred Geometry is something I've been looking into a lot in my spare time. I've noticed a lot of Fibonocci, Pi, and Phi in most of what is considered sacred geometry. The numbers tell a story, don't they?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I hate to be a debbie downer my friend, but if geometry is a valid course of study for magic purposes, then by association so is Trigonometry. I suggest reading up on the importance of the circle in both magic and Trig. Learn about the unit circle. There's some good stuff in there.

You might also want to consider the fact that this magical material reality is made up of lots of waves that we can't see. Well, if you learn some Trig, then you will see the connection with waves. Sine waves are used to measure things like electricity. Hmm, what's the significance of that last word there when it comes to magic.

Thanks for the reply, by the way.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

You accuse me of stalking?

You know members of ATS often see each other in multiple threads...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I demand more of the skeptics then what your giving me here... Come on .. the practitioners deserve better debunking efforts then your giving them.. Critical thinking skills are key.. please contribute to the level I know you can..

Not even remotely trying any "debunking'.

I simply don't believe in "magic" or what you are saying.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

I demand more of the skeptics then what your giving me here... Come on .. the practitioners deserve better debunking efforts then your giving them.. Critical thinking skills are key.. please contribute to the level I know you can..

Not even remotely trying any "debunking'.

I simply don't believe in "magic" or what you are saying.

Hi Chamber. I wanted to take a few minutes and friendly debate and rebuttal your statement above.

I firmly believe in magick, but I'm not sure that we are talking about the same thing in our concept of what "magick" is.

A simple way to explain what magick is - mind over matter even if that 'matter' is invisible to the human eye.

Magick is the idea that our consciousness is part of the material world and that with our consciousness we can directly influence our world. I suppose most would akin what a practitioner of magick believes in as "The Force." Such as is characterized by George Lucas's "Star Wars" movies.

Now - the question I pose for non-believers of 'The Force/Magick' - is show me how science doesn't support the fact that energy we cannot see surrounds us, and that it effects us? It's not a secret anymore. All kinds of energy we cannot see, bombards the earth. Science has even gone so far as develop machines that can document, verify and label some of this energy.

Now, the energy/force is not the magick - the magick is the act of recognizing this energy and attempting to interact with it - consciously.

Mind over Matter: Secrets of the Human Aura

I don't know anyone - who is going to say that methods and practices such as meditation, positive visualization, and breathing techniques are not beneficial practices to those who utilize them. These practices have been adopted by Psychiatry as viable methods to improve peoples mental faculties. How is it that everyone hails science (psychiatry in this example) and even goes so far as to claim they developed these techniques - when these techniques have been being used by humankind now, for thousands of years - imparted to us by the spiritual and "religious". So why, is it that when a person practices them under a spiritual/religious back drop - that it suddenly becomes taboo and something to reject?

Why are we tearing down the bridges, instead of building them? Science built it's foundations on what the ancients already knew - and in return for the favor - it seeks to destroy the foundations of what it borrowed from. Why? It's an interesting mystery. My gut tells me it's about control though. I don't think the 'elite' want a conscious evolution of the mind or a change from status quo. Something or someone, benefits from humans killing, hating, hurting, and suffering. So I try to put out as much good, positive, and affirmative energy as I can. I call this magick - because I am consciously doing this - as opposed to most who meander around with a very ugly universe battling around in their heads - that they unknowingly project outward into the world.

“Every word you utter to another human being has an effect, but you don't know it. If people begin to understand that change comes about as a result of a million tiny acts that seem totally insignificant, well then, they wouldn't hesitate to take those tiny acts.” - Howard Zinn

Blessings,
Cirque

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
First let me say I have only read the first few pages of this thread so far, but I do plan to keep reading. So if I mention something that has already been covered, I apologize.

Secondly, I have begun a journal, 4 days in. Not much interesting happens in my life, so it'll hardly be a bestseller, but I am following the process, each night at 11. I have also perused the Ritual of the Pentagram, and a Lesser Banishing Ritual. Seems interesting, but I am still left with the same issues I have always had.

I have no faith, or belief really. I KNOW something exists beyond us, I feel... something, always have. But I have no idea what it is, never have. I try to connect with it, but it feels like it actively chooses to evade me. It's very difficult to explain. Either way, I have trouble focusing my mind, that seems to be a big hurdle for me. I was raised catholic, but left the church when I started thinking for myself. I had taken it quite far however. I almost became a priest at one point, and even met Pope JP2. I had 2 priests tell me that I was obviously blessed by the holy spirit, although their explanations for those statement were always the vague nonsensical statements the catholic doctrine adores.

Later in life, I went to a coven house with a girl I recently met that called herself a pagan. While there one older lady wanted to read my stones. So she poured a sack of little stones with these runic symbols on them into my right hand, and asked me to "throw" them on her desk. I did, and she got very interested in them. I thought it was a pretty good show. But then she said she wanted to check something, and asked to do a tarot reading on me. I didn't want to be rude, so I said ok, and sat down. She laid out a bunch of cards, kind of in the shape of the letter "H". She was obviously pretending it was some big deal. So I played a long. Sure ya know, whatever. Then she went and got some other woman, and I asked the chick I knew what's up. She shrugged, and didn't have a clue. Then the woman came back with her friend, and said she needed to do a quick blessing. She started praying, or something, and the other woman prayed with her. They were twisting this white ribbon around a stick while doing it. I asked what was going on, and my friend said they were binding me. I got a little freaked, and left. I tried to talk to her a few days later, she said that they bound my spirit for my protection, so I wouldn't hurt myself, or anyone else. I was just sort of whatever about it. Before long we didn't really talk anymore.

I have tried several times in my life to learn some form of magic, never with any real teacher, so I have no idea if I have ever done anything right. However, I wonder if that binding might be what prevents me. I wish I could explain better what I feel, it's like the static on an old tv when it's been on a while. Except it's just sort of everywhere. Weak most of the time, but sometimes it gets really strong, makes some of my hair stand on end. No idea what it is. Family thinks I'm a little nuts, even saw doctors about it when I was young, as usual they didn't have a clue.

I am here just looking for answers, honestly, I don't expect to find any. History. But on the off chance I do, I figure that it's only gonna happen if I be honest. So here I am... got anything for me?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by southofheaven

I hate to be a debbie downer my friend, but if geometry is a valid course of study for magic purposes, then by association so is Trigonometry. I suggest reading up on the importance of the circle in both magic and Trig. Learn about the unit circle. There's some good stuff in there.
You might also want to consider the fact that this magical material reality is made up of lots of waves that we can't see. Well, if you learn some Trig, then you will see the connection with waves. Sine waves are used to measure things like electricity. Hmm, what's the significance of that last word there when it comes to magic.

My response would be Ive never heard of Sacred Trigonometry, and for me does not work, all about the angles you see Sacred Geometry, of course is the original language of Magick; and now you want to mess it up with modern field form wave action energetics? So magick has another dimension to be considered? What does trigonometry have to do with will, and the expression of "creation". Electricity does not build or support a keystone. It is an invisable force that is put to use as a charge, it has nothing to with the GG. I do know of one demonination that uses shock therapy methods, the Scientologists make you place your hands on a gizmo and ask you questions, then shock you ostensibly to 'clear you', I would imagine those people would perceive this as 'magic'.
edit on 11-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

My response would be Ive never heard of Sacred Trigonometry, and for me does not work, all about the angles you see Sacred Geometry, of course is the original language of Magick; and now you want to mess it up with modern field form wave action energetics? So magick has another dimension to be considered? What does trigonometry have to do with will, and the expression of "creation".

Babelite...it's the zooming 'in', that has made your posts the butt of much misunderstanding (through no fault of your own)...'Angles', indeed...zooming 'out' reveals the discrepancy of a mis-measured increment, that becomes a wide expanse, ready to be filled with dross (at the micro-level)...I am batting 'for' you, as always...

Å99

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

My response would be Ive never heard of Sacred Trigonometry, and for me does not work, all about the angles you see Sacred Geometry, of course is the original language of Magick; and now you want to mess it up with modern field form wave action energetics? So magick has another dimension to be considered? What does trigonometry have to do with will, and the expression of "creation".

Babelite...it's the zooming 'in', that has made your posts the butt of much misunderstanding (through no fault of your own)...'Angles', indeed...zooming 'out' reveals the discrepancy of a mis-measured increment, that becomes a wide expanse, ready to be filled with dross (at the micro-level)...I am batting 'for' you, as always...Å99

Why do I even try? Most have no notion of the microscopic examination Im inclined toward, and angles are a specialty with me as well yourself, both physically measured and those as well mentally observed from all possible viewpoints (sometimes make them up if not satisfactory). The wide expanse is what people are a-feared of, and ready to dump micro-level (thinking its macro-level) devinations upon my poor soul. You are my clean up batter #4 in rotation.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

"Why do I even try? Most have no notion of the microscopic examination Im inclined toward, and angles are a specialty with me as well yourself, both physically measured and those as well mentally observed from all possible viewpoints (sometimes make them up if not satisfactory). The wide expanse is what people are a-feared of, and ready to dump micro-level (thinking its macro-level) devinations upon my poor soul. You are my clean up batter #4 in rotation. " Quote VHB

...Agoraphobia, comes to mind...the subconscious mechanisms of paperfolding (as opposed to the conscious ones, he he)..'I will do anything to make that vast xpanse as scaleworthy as I comfortably can'...

Blank, unfolded pieces of paper are daunting for some...

Å99
edit on 11-7-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LOSTnEMPTY

Hi LostnEmpty. First Welcome to ATS!

Binding Magick hasn't been mentioned yet and it's an important aspect to study. Your touching upon one of the most hot debates within spiritual communities that utilize the practice of 'magick'. Are binding spells appropriate?

Binding magick is considered a manipulative magick. There are generally two kinds - the kind out for vengeance or the kind out for love. A binding spell/ritual is a magical formula to 'bind' or restrain a person's will or behavior. Such as:

- love spells
- revenge spells

Most binding spells/rituals use some form of sympathetic magick. Some of the more popular methods are:

- Poppet, string, pins
- Candle w/person's name inscribed on the candle
- Spell tablet/talisman
- Rune or Charm

Binding magick is frowned upon, as it almost always interferes with others free will. Often times, many people will say that binding magick does have a use as protection, self-defense. I would argue that - those people are confusing binding magick with banishing magick. Binding is a magical form of restraint. Banishment is magical form of sending away.

There are certain circumstances that some believe are 'exempt'. Marriage/hand-fasting, when the binding is entered in by both parties willingly, and knowledgeably.Some argue that there are extenuating circumstances where the ban on binding magick can be lifted. Life threatening, abusive relationships is one of the most often reasons given.

There are certain religions such as Voodoo and Satanism - that place no taboo's on using binding magick(s).

Now as to your story. First, your best card, your Ace in the hole, is you were there when these people manipulated you. The easiest way to break a hex? Ask for the doll and unbind it. However, if that's not viable or you think likely, you can symbolically undo it. This can be as simple or as elaborate of a process as you wish. But I'll give you a easy, guided format to follow.

1. Lie down comfortably. The important thing is the your spine is straight. Breathe. Relax.
2. Let your memories go back to that day in the shop where these ladies beginning binding the poppet and you get up and leave. Watch yourself leave.
3. Now imagine the bonded poppet and mentally begin unbinding the doll. (This process can as simple or elaborate as your imagination will allow.) You can simply mentally visualize the doll and snip the binds watching them fall away, or you can watch them leave the doll alone and walk over and unbind it in your lucid dream.

I don't know if this will help, but it's what I got. I don't practice binding magick and teach my children it is a dangerous and manipulative practice. In the debate, I concede that marriage is an exception because the binding was entered into by two consensual adults, but that's about as far as a yield on this area of debate.

Blessings,
Cirque
edit on 11-7-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: verb

edit on 11-7-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: correction

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Originally posted by akushla99

akushla99
...Agoraphobia, comes to mind...the subconscious mechanisms of paperfolding (as opposed to the conscious ones, he he)..'I will do anything to make that vast xpanse as scaleworthy as I comfortably can'...
Blank, unfolded pieces of paper are daunting for some...

The paperfolds could be described as the mind folding itself up in to smaller and smaller conformations so with each fold goes the minds ability to think, memorize or contemplate the deeper meditations of human existance (snicker). I can do or will try to obscure with words my vastly inadequate explainations of myself, and do it on a scale that is comfortable to my being (lest I blow myself up accidently). Blank flat sheets would be very daunting for some, as they need the comfort zone of someone elses paper folding genious to critique or spring board off of.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Definitions collected

Magic

Types of magics mentioned

Blood Magic
Remote viewing
Necromancy
Vodoo
Angelic magics
Prayer
Gardenarian
Dianieic - (check spelling)
Satanism
Candle magics
Baby magics
White magic
Black magic
Grey magic
astrology
tantric magic
money magics
kabbalah
Sigils

Things done with magic mentioned

summoning
Wards
cleansing
binding
artificial reincarnation
Lesser banishing ritual

Terms

Book of Shadows
ethereal
dark energy
faith
To know
to will
to dare
to keep silent
Faith
Energy
third eye
Atheist

Leans towards magic

subconscious
Immersion method
impeccability
forced attrition
Paradox
Doublethink
Fuzzy Logic
Scientific Method
Learning
rationalization
Lexistatics
historical linguistics
Force
Meme
chaos theory
butterfly effect
Money
Emotional intelligence
Analytical overlay
sanity
competent
Illusionist

Left separate

Necronomicon
Lovecraft
Merlin
Satan
goddess
Jesus
God
Aleister Crowley

These are the definitions we have reviewed so far..
My headers and toppers are not yours..
I highly suggest you create you own

You will want to hand write the definitions
Yes you can type them first then copy them to your paper

Important post you have received from others... make sure you thank them

reply to post by coder

reply to post by tridentblue

reply to post by grey580

reply to post by NorEaster

reply to post by Darkblade71

reply to post by ultimafule

reply to post by Witness2008

reply to post by ultimafule

Additional assignment

Their is something we should be doing but we are not
Have any of you seen it?

Thats Part of the new assignment the new assignment
Find what you think is missing.. and we will see in afew days if you can find it
it has been mentioned in several post...

Once it is found then we go over it.. but first post what you think it is..

The next additional part

Where does the US's magical energy levels and types are at..

If you have done your definitions this should be no problem
Please make sure it takes up two Full post

Third
I suggest a game in public
start trying to get what peoples background stories are
For safety reason I can not recommend directly verifying

This is something you can keep in the journal

Assignements
Journal
Definitions
Hobby

missing chore
essay on US magic energy
people watching and reading

now.. in recognition of one of the Posters questions

I salute you
From the Navy to Army
I would joke your the marine corps rejects but Patton's ghost might be listening

You want to complain about your taxes, thank your politicans
You want to complain about the morals, Thank the religous providers
You want to complain about illegals , Thank your corporations
You want to complain about Crime, Thank the legal system

You want to thank someone for your right to B$%^&, thank a vet

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I have a special assignment I ask of you.

for everyone reading this thread would you be so kind as to go back for all your post on this thread and condense it into one or two or three post. Organize it as you see fit.

this way everyone can see your point of view. You have made some interesting points however you have not organize them and a semi coherent way.

if you would be so kind of the ones that are following this thread want to see what you're saying. I can kinda see some of your points, however I get lost in part of the ramblings myself.please if you would be so kind sir, would you organize that into one or two post

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

truthfully I'm going to have to take a moment or two and and review your post. it brings up several points that I have to carefully respond to.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

again it seems we are of like mind on part of the subjects. I however have to take a moment as well with your response.I really don't know hundred percent how to respond.I'm going to let it sit in the back of my mind and have my subconscious review it. It is a very important subject that you both brought up. Forgive. the last 2 post because I am posting on my phone using voice command.

bindings are very interesting topic.it's one I have to consider my response very very carefully.because I hold the end of the day the responsibility and the Karma from my response.I have my own reasons from my own methodology in dealing with these issues.

and it's quite on the lost and empty brought the subject up. A little while ago I had a binding of my own quite literally jumped out of the location is been stored atfor the last three years hit the ground and shatter.thankfully the old roommate that it is stored with was smart enough to mediately come get me. I was forced to immediately recast it. Thankfully I was actually at my old roommates house when this happened. What is odd is the fact that I was talking with another individual over this matter when I came across the post. Suffice it to say the binding someone tried to break what was funny was well its better said that I'm not going to cover why I still have one over three years later.

it was bad enough the his dogs usually like to get in the middle of everything left the area and would not enter the kitchen where was stored.

I immediately knew who did what and all I responded was simply to recast the forced peace.

my issue with the discussion is my understanding of how bindings work. The main thing is that's the idea to me is it during that process this person cannot do what is bound against them however as well person finding them cannot farther strike or use magic again store on this person. With that being said there's always exceptions to the rules and the trick is the nature of what was done. What I want to say is it first perhaps a little bit more intelligence gathering on the matter would be calledm for I do agree with how you responded 100 percent.

questions I have the intelligence gathering to be of quite important.

what system of magic did they use?
what was the reasons for their binding not the ones they gave?
who was the girl friend?

I'm not one to talk however what was described as being done is highly immoral by pagan standards. When such situations occur usually it is a sign from the universe that this person is meant to be a student.

what else is highly of God is the fact that he described two readings being given. First by rooms second buy cards.in addition to what you said on how to handle the issue my only other little piece of information for curiosity sake... Would be too if lost in Mt remembers the physical address or can find it on Google Earth turn around and run of the little crime statistics for that neighborhood since said issue occurred. also see if he could find any other information that can be garnered as publicly available intelligence.

what I find the most disturbing is the fact they not only did it they also told him about it. Is kind of off so to speak.enough that it sends a warning flags up in my mind is that there might be an eyedropper tool it might need to be added to your suggestion. I don't want to cross magic so to speak, so my other question is what protection would you add to the simple binding breaking.it might just be my mind going a little overboard but since protection keeps coming up again and again and again and again and again I think I'll just go ahead and listen to what the universe is suggesting here and make sure it gets added in a wee bit more often.

I really hope the ones that are here to learn are taking the time to review your post because they're getting gold and diamonds silver nuggets for free. Again thank you for your in-depth response is. I hope they realize what a resource you are for their efforts and endeavors to learn.

I want to say thank you for taking the time to add your knowledge to what they're learning.

edit on 11-7-2013 by ripcontrol because: to know is a simple things applying is something completely different

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join