It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you want to practice magic..

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Just updating anyone interested.

I have continued my journal, and I tried some visualization as suggested by CirqueDeTruth (Thank you for your suggestion by the way), but haven't felt successful yet. I am interested in your idea of that being a drama. I wonder if that's all it was. Either way, nothing has really changed for me, other than an interest and willingness to be open minded on the subject.

I'll keep reading this thread, and keep posting as long as anyone is interested in my little corner of the conversation, or I feel I can contribute anything worthy to someone else's corner.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I have read that things like Marijuana and other "herbs" can be very helpful because they help you to get into other states of consciusness and becuase they help you to manipulate energy.

How real is this=

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Deicide88

I dunno if Marijuana itself is a highly used herb in magical practice etc. But Alot of other types of herbs have been used for magical pratices. Sage, Tobacco, etc there is a long list.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Discussing illegal substances is against T&C. But I've only had one post in my history here at ATS censored, I'll risk another censor to answer your question. But for the sake of Ripcontrol's thread, which I'm enjoying, please refrain from bringing up topics that are against ATS rules. I don't want to see this thread closed down. (Unless that is the hidden agenda
)

No. Drugs are not advocated in the majority of belief sets that practice magick. There are always, those few that do.

Drugs are a no no. In all situations of life, unless you have a medical condition warranting the altering of your state of consciousness or chemistry in your body. Even with those who take medications like vicodin and many psychiatric drugs or even alcohol - I warn them away from the workings one delves into in the occult arts.

Magick is heavy on the psyche, you need to be clear headed and grounded to work effectively.

Cirque
edit on 13-7-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: note to add - inkling sent to me

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

So you want to practice magic...

Actually, NO I don't.

Don't believe in it.

And there are many people who have hobbies and keep journals, so....

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nemox42

I dunno if Marijuana itself is a highly used herb in magical practice etc. But Alot of other types of herbs have been used for magical pratices. Sage, Tobacco, etc there is a long list.

Ayahuasca, San Pedro are in that list too. Right?
Question is: Why are those plants so powerful?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

the pentacle or pentagram is a very old complex symbol. its meaning varies. in most western schools i'm familiar with, it represents the four elements - fire, air, water and earth - plus spirit. it has many uses in rituals. there's banishing and invoking of all the elements and associated forces/entities, depending on how it's formed.

protection: the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram is essential, IMHO. but this is not so much for protection as it is for cleansing. for protection/defense I would recommend the Star Ruby. I've also found visualizing a bubble or sphere around the self to be quite effective. also, chopping the holy heck out of offending entity/force with a sword or beating it with a big stick. also, calling on higher powers. I've rarely encountered any seriously malevolent beings in my practices.

I believe intense visualization is paramount for nearly all successful magickal practice. in fact, I think the physical acts are practice for the imaginative act. when you can visualize a ritual or practice perfectly, you're functioning purely on the astral and giving it more direct power.

I think there should be a distinction made between ceremonial magick and summoning/evocation and invocation. I consider the Lesser Banishing to be ceremonial, but it's not putting the magician at risk of being possessed by Gabriel. right? that being said, I would have to agree that summoning Choronzon right out the box is probably not the best idea.

altar tools I use: dagger (athame), wand, disc/pentacle, cup and the whaddyacallit - mine's a little iron bowl with feet filled with sand for burning stuff like incense. the first four tools correspond with the four elements. I use candles too. other tools include: sword, bell, robe, lamen, lamp and the altar itself. all tools should only be used for magicks. you'll be tempted to show 'em off to friends. I think it's best to keep them wrapped in silks until you need them.

most of my tools were purchased ready-made, although I did modify them (adding colors/symbols). it'd be ideal if you could smelt and forge your own steel blade and silver cup and sew your own robe from wool taken from a virgin black sheep during a spring blue moon, but who has the time for that these days? my robe is actually a grey Buddhist outfit and my altar is a short wooden file cabinet with a small round table-top on top for more space. I keep all my tools in the drawers. planning on making my own altar soon.

I think the deities/powers/tradition one works with will come pretty easily and naturally to most. it took me a while to get to where I am now, with Golden Dawn/OTO leanings. I started out as a chaos magician and my first ritual was improvised. they still worked really well, and I guess you could say i'm still a chaos magician experimenting with GD/OTO rituals. I've worked with greek, hindu and Egyptian deities. also bugs bunny, groucho marx and batman.

meditate! look at the world as if everything is a message from the divine. think positive. keep an open mind. be skeptical. meditate!

recommended reading:
new aeon magick - Gerald de Campo
holographic universe - Michael Talbot
programming the human bio-computer - John C. Lilly (heavy stuff but worth it)
liber null & psychonaut - peter carol (already mentioned elsewhere in thread)

other topics:
divination
sex

btw, great posts, CirqueDeTruth.
edit on 14-7-2013 by ultimafule because: wrote "it's" instead of "its" like a dummy

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Yes the pervuivans used Ayahuasca, another good one is Silene undulata or dream root.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

But Alot of other types of herbs have been used for magical pratices. Sage, Tobacco, etc there is a long list.

I use tobacco as an offering to spirit when I open a connection.

I sprinkle it outside my window or at the bottom of a door frame or several different ways of using it depending on what I am doing. It is an offering and an honoring.

edit on 14-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
ATS journal

So much has happened

It is not at an area I can fully discuss

Parable

An old lady and her sister walks with one of her children up the hill. Her clothes do not give true importance to her status. She has taught her children to be humble and lead by example. At the top of the hill is a Mansion with many rooms.. The old lady knocks on the gate..

A guard in the gate shack stops the old lady.
"Mam.. We have had issues before.. You know the rules.."

The old lady holds up a rag to the guards nose, "Does this smell funny?"

The gate guard instinctively sniffs the rag and hits the ground..

"Its a shame I wanted to ask old Peter here something. You know I have always wonder why if it is such a great place. Why is there a wall around it. I.." the son is interupted.

The old lady looks at her son as her sister speaks. She puts a finger to his mouth, "You know sis he gets this from you. Young man we have taught you to have manners in other peoples house.."

"It still doesnt make my question any less valid," The young man pauses. He sees the look on the faces of the women," I'll pretend I have manners. This time."

Both ladies shake their heads..

The old lady's sister Raises her hand and plants from the garden reach the gate. Slowly the vines wrap around the gate and begin pulling them back. The gates try to resist but the plants put roots into them and drain them.

In a few minutes the gates stand wide open..

"I knew it.." The young man smiles, "Its a homeowners association.."

Both ladies have to stop for a second as the young man with them made them smiles..

"You know sis he does have a point," The sister looks at the old lady..

"You know making fun of a persons house usually causes issues. Ladies what do you think you two are doing. This is an exclusive area. Your not on the guest list out front." A very beautiful man stood in the two ladies way..

"Micheal," the old lady had changed to a very attractive young lady. "You know the old saying.. Good girls go here.." The now young lady batted here eyes at Micheal as she rubbed his arms..

"You two are definitely not good girls.." Micheal had to take a deep breath as the scent coming from both ladies had turned seductive.

The sister in a now green blue and white dress smiled, "Well if we are not good girls, doesnt that mean we can go everywhere.."

The young man wisely stands there and is very quiet.

After a few minutes of very quiet words. Words the owner of the house can not make out.

"Ladies I cant let you by."

"Now Micheal you and your boys have always been welcome at house.. Not to mention you and your boys always love coming to our parties." The now young lady pinches Micheal on the butte..

Letting out some air, Micheal whispers to the wind..

All three intruders on mansion grounds smile when they realize who Micheal called..

A few minutes later a young looking lady arrives..

The now young lady and the sister in the moving white patches dress both hug the new arrival..

"Isis.."

The lady in the nun looking clothes brings her finger to her lips, "Shush.. It has been a long time ladies. I changed names and local.."

Micheal sees other Security Officer coming their way, he whispers to the non- Isis.

"Be so kind Micheal and tell them They are going to visit my son. So they can go to the father.."Micheal moves very quickly and heads to the Security personnel. She shakes her head and looks at the young man. "So why would these two bring you here young man.."

The young man looks away from the non- Isis and refuses to speak to her..

"Why are you being rude to.." The nun-looking lady sees the tear from the young man's face.. "Oh.. my other.. I am so sorry, we didnt abandon you..It was decided"

"Lady's I have reached my limit. Why am I here? I say I just grab the sheep and slaughter its meat for Anubis, Pluto, or even Hela..What was that one from the movie the Craft... or maybe to Cathulu..I can do it and leave no fingerprints."

The sister takes the young man and holds him as he cries...

"Perhaps now is not the the time to rehash the past." The now young lady looks at their old friend, "Out of nicety we come to speak with your son. We have an issue with a sheep in your families flock. For old times sake we are showing respect and hope an audience with your son.."

"Have you tried the P-line," The non-Isis asked..

Getting a little upset, "Yes.. " Something in Ancient Egyptian comes from the young man's mouth.. The Energy changes as the old words cause ripples..

She bites her lips, "Definitely your kid ladies.." She shakes her head, "Follow me to the club golf range.."

"I thought your son would be busy running the show," The young man shakes his head..

"You know I did look over your file.. Lets just say that your right.. My sons golf score has improved.."

TBC

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

"Four," a deep voice shouts.

The old man had swung his club and the ball went flying wildly. It hit a tree and bounced into the lily pads of the water trap. A frog's tongue grabbed the ball pulls it towards him. The frog then launches the ball into the air. As the ball flies in the air, an eagle swoops and catches the ball. It flies towards the pole with a flag on it. It drops the ball on the green. As the ball hits the green it bounces just short of the hole . A mole comes out of the hole and grabs the ball. The mole returns to the hole with ball..

Pumping the air, "Hole in one baby!"

One of the older Jewish men with a beard turns to the younger Jewish man. "You now Immanuel, This is why people dont like golfing with your father."

Holding up his scarred hands, "Yeah but it is still funny to watch.."

The older man, walks towards the hole to get his ball..

The non-Isis brings her guest to see her son..

The young man shakes his head having watched the events, "I KNEW IT!!!"

The jewish man with the scared hands turns towards the group. "Mother. It is good to see you." He turns and looks towards the group and radiates peaceful energy.

The young mans attitude does not change.

"Immanuel, behave. These are your aunt and great Grandmother, "The nun looking lady addresses her son.

Looking at the young man, Immanuel responds, "Yes mother. I know why he is here. I had Micheal send the response. It is interesting that he is protected from radiance's effect. I see you have been studing."

The sister in the moving white patches dress responds, "Grandson. You know as well as I do that the claim is valid. The long history of abuses will not be overlooked. For they are being continually committed by one of your people."

Getting very serious in tone, "Grandmother. Every one of mine and fathers people have free will. We prefer they come to us of there on free will. If they make bad choices they get to live with the consequences." Looking at the young man, "My message I sent was clear. We do not practice magic.. The priest are the ones who come closest to your definition.. Your also not allowed to go into his head.."

With anger the young man responds, "I will not stand by as your sheep however does the same thing you try and claim I can not do. I am not buying your BS, it is becoming a matter of self defense.. After all the family business is sheep hearding.. And the Shepards will hunt down and kill a pack of wolves even if the wolves were not the ones attacking their herd. The destroy them because they are a threat to them.."

The young Lady returns to her old self. "Son,let mama handle this for now.. "

Her sister speaks to her Great grandson, "You do know he has a point. It is reaching a point of self defense for him. You know after your warned your sheep the first thing he did was attempt to intimidate one of your sisters. "

Immanuel looked away, "Each must come to the father, through me of their own will. The victim in question has not asked me for help. Why is he here?"

The young man's energy changes as he balls up his fist..

The old lady holds up her finger to her son, "No.."

Looking at her grandson to the X, "Immanuel you also know the lines of responsibility. Is the Sheep in question under your protection?"

Immanuel looks at the young man, "You used to be one of ours. Did I not teach peace? Turn the other cheek and that Our father will take care of it."

"You are so full of your own damn propaganda.." The young man growled, " First if God the father is everywhere, that includes his essence. It means I am god too. Second do not feed me that BS line of turn the other cheek.. You plan to come back and Kick all there a$$es and take names. You have no intention of peace yourself and proudly told the world. Perhaps I am merely following your advice and coming in and taking them out merely because they wont do what I want them to."

Immanuel laughs and looks at the three ladies, "You have done an interesting job with him. He definitely takes after dad. " Immanuel shakes his head, then he turns and looks at the Young man. Still smiling, "Just remember something about dad. Look at what it cost our people.." Sighing, "As I said before, The RULES are quite clear. Go in peace my wayward child." Immanuel rejoins mo and his father at their golf game.

The three ladies nod their heads and begin to leave.

The young man stands their on the mansion grounds and looks as Immanuel walked away..

The nun looking non-Isis takes the young mans hand, "He is a good man. I can tell your not happy with the answer you were giving." She leans in and kisses the young man on the cheek, "I hope one day you will forgive me. Thats .. Lets just say the explanation is not one I myself accept either.."

The tear falls from the young mans face..

TBC

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

"Thank you for seeing us," the old lady hugs the nun looking lady.

"You know when you get the chance feel free to come see me," The sister speaks as the white splashes move around her dress. "You might slip into your older garbs."

Cold faced the young man says nothing and takes a deep breath. He takes the old lady's hand as they walk back towards the entrance, "Definitely a home owners association."

The three lady's smile as they walk.

A being of pure spirit hovers in front of them for a few moments. It turns into a blue energy biped and hugs the young man..

The young man smiles and the being returns to its original state and disappears. Some of the energy stays on the young man..

Micheal walks back up as they get close to the front gate, "That was odd. All three spoke have spoken." Micheal looks at the young man and notices the smell of the energy, "Very interesting indeed."

The nun looking lady smiles, "What else was said?"

"My apologies ladies," Micheal whispers something only the young man can hear. After a moment, "The old man said it was a man thing."

The old crone gets a look on her face, then she laughs as they get to the gates.

Again the three ladies hug each other..

"You two are welcome anytime," the nun looking lady turns to the young man. "Please remember we do love you. "

"I know.. Perhaps when you do change clothes we can just talk some times.. I am curious over a simple fact.." The young man projects a thought to the non-Isis..

She kisses him on the forehead with a tear in her eye, "Thank you for honoring me. "

As the reach the other side of the gate Micheal reaches into his tunic and pulls out a card. He hands it to the young man, "As you know the big cheese around here do get busy. " Micheal Smiles, "I always love a good fight. If you get in over your head, dont be afraid to give me a shout." Micheal gives a little evil smile, "Just remember the RULEs are the RULEs.."

The young man smiles as both lady's look at Micheal with frowns.

"Please lady's we all know how this will go. You taught him well my dear. He knows being originally a baptist we are bound to help him. Once saved.." Micheal takes the old lady's hand and gives it a kiss. He reaches over kisses the sister, "As always, I hope we are still welcome..I could use a vacation." Micheal pats both women on the rear and deploys his flight gear. He takes off, flying back inside the walls..

The sister waves her hands and the three of them return to earth..

"Now young man you have your answer. " The old lady looks at him, "I would advise you to behave and to be yourself." The old lady turns into the young lady again as she kisses him on the forehead. "I know that would constitute my blessing for what you have in mind.. "

"Perhaps sister I will finish the statement," The sister smiles as she wiggles her bare feet in the dirt. "Remember the old adage, GIGO.." She reaches over and kisses the young man on the forehead.

The young man disappears as he returns to the material..

Looking over at her sister who was still young looking, " I am curious of something sister."

"Yes," the young looking lady..

"You do know that I am curious who taught him. Because his teachers never went over that."

"What are you talking about," the now young lady smiles as she instantly changes dress to something much sexier in her mind?

"Someone taught your child their a very simple secret. Who would of thought, he would figure out the power of low priority non magic associated lessons actually being able to teach very Advanced High Magics? Seems that was not on his original Lifeline. The three fates were curious where he got that first copy of the Foundation Series. Seems its tracks in the past avoid even them. "

The Now Young Lady whistles for a moment ignoring her sister. Seeing the look on her sisters face face, "'What.."

Seeing her sister smile, "You know I see where he gets it from.."

Seeing her sister giving her an eye, "I am not the one who got him out of trouble. You think they are concerned about the book, how about when he seemed to know.." The Young lady points at her sister

"Shut up," the sister shook her head. "We agreed not to talk about that.." A very happy smile crossed the sisters face, "Definitely your child..."

Both ladies sigh..

"I'll keep an eye on him.." The Young lady quietly adds, "A little imagination, A dash of intelligence, some field practice, and viola.."

"A perfect formula for our own karma.."

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Rather then supply a list of responses to a very valid question, I must answer universally..

Due to the fact we are guest here on ATS I have to mention this out of politeness.. The owners of the site have a specific policy towards this discussion..

The only way we can discuss this here is with in their rules..

So no further mention of Illegal substances can be mentioned.. If you refer to the use of specific items please include a wikipedia link to the item.. This way the mods if they review your post can have reason to defend your post.. Help those who help you..

Example
Drugs are off limits

Peyote

MODS please note I did not choose the title of the wikipedia page

Lophophora williamsii /loʊˈfɒfərə wɪlˈjæmsiaɪ/ is a small, spineless cactus with psychoactive alkaloids, particularly mescaline.[2] The Spanish common name, also used in English, is peyote[3] (/pəˈjoʊti/; from the Nahuatl word peyōtl ['pejoːt͡ɬ]), which means "glisten" or "glistening".[4] Other English names include cactus pudding, dumpling cactus, turnip cactus, whiskey cactus, white mule, devil's root, diabolic root, Indian dope and mescal button.[5] Native North Americans are likely to have used peyote for at least 5,500 years.[6]

is a very grey area... The chemicals named effects on the human body. The ceremony the Native Americans used it for..

All close to the line..

In fact a mod may edit the above part of the conversation out due to T and C...

link to a good answer

However for the purposes for again answering the question

In the self proscribed community of Practioners
Many dangers abide

Have no fear, know of them

Sex is rampant
Drug use is rampant
Abuse of power is rampant
Manipulation is rampant

After review before I first posted, the main protection again comes down to impeccability

I have done my best to give you the tools that protect
but some people will not use condoms...

Hence the first post

On thy own head it be..

Now for specific abuse I am covering here.. It is viewed as an abuse from one side
From your perspective..

It is called a test.. pure and simple.. This classrooms teacher will test you constantly
most the time you will not realize your being tested...

She likes to see what your placement scores are..
Any issue you have will knock on your door..

make no mistake.. I can comfort you and give you platitudes..
Or I can make sure you know where the condoms are...

The issue some have had is that they use doublethink in the place of reason
They fail to see what as one put it, Cons have nothing to teach them..
That illusionist contribute nothing
Skeptics are worthless

I on the other hand merely point to the dresser drawer the condoms are stored in..

So for the purposes of the discussion on Legal substances used recreationally

The to biggest ones and completely T and C safe

Caffine

Caffeine is a bitter, white crystalline xanthine alkaloid and a stimulant drug. Caffeine is found in varying quantities in the seeds, leaves, and fruit of some plants, where it acts as a natural pesticide that paralyzes and kills certain insects feeding on the plants, as well as enhancing the reward memory of pollinators. It is most commonly consumed by humans in infusions extracted from the seed of the coffee plant and the leaves of the tea bush, as well as from various foods and drinks containing products derived from the kola nut. Other sources include yerba maté, guarana berries, guayusa, and the yaupon holly.

and

Tabacco

Tobacco is a product processed from the dried leaves of plants in the genus Nicotiana. It can be used as a pesticide, and extracts form ingredients of some medicines[1] and is commonly consumed as a drug. Tobacco is a name for any plant of the genus Nicotiana of the Solanaceae family (nightshade family) and for the product manufactured from the leaf used in cigars and cigarettes, snuff, pipe tobacco, chewing tobacco and flavored shisha. Tobacco plants are also used in plant bioengineering, and some of the more than 70 species are grown as ornamentals.

We can use these for the discussion because they have the same qualities and effects as the others. They have the distinct advantage of being Pure T and C compliant..

They are altered for use by others
Extra chemicals added in
They have addicting properties or effects
and they use is wide spread in the Pagan community

TBC
edit on 14-7-2013 by ripcontrol because: to prevent a misunderstanding... since my post on it is hiding from me

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

First this song again

LOL...

The universe if a beautiful place

And yes I have been one right down to the letter

So Tobacco and Caffeine

Well in the magics for group I participated in.. we had a two hour fast rule...

No soda or cigarettes .. to be fair alcohol is included on the list but I will cover it later

Why are they so powerful?

Chemical interactions with the human body

Then your body develops a dependency on them..

Try quitting either on and your brain responds due to chemical shortage
Grumpy
headaches

just to name a few

It is a cornerstone of addiction

Then add in the fact that the providers of the material add chemicals to make them both more addictive

ATS has plenty of threads over the matters and bing and google can cover more..

Now if you asking if I know why the plants are powerful.. I someday will have to go ask them..Good thought

My personal theory goes back to the testing thing...

So how does this relate to the non- t and c part

We always did cleansing of the materials before we did magic. Also for certain high magics.. a cleansing period of a week can occur

The reason is the chemicals in soda and Cigs, alter your energy and screw over your attempts...

Now I have never been in a circle practicing high magics smoking a cigarette. Most circles want to direct energy specifically

the use of cigerettes and or soda affects the energy and alters the flow of the spell..

Remember cleansing of the participants in the circle is usually mandatory for that reason..

Also remember the trap slash test... it is very subtle and is usually missed

As I have said...

Top drawer on the right

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

I am answering both your post in one

First your mixing POVs

Command and controls do not represent the item in discussion

I am lasering the hair

What money is versus who its applications for c and c are two different birds

The distinction is very important
Hair splitting one oh one

The money is the evolution of barter to standarized measurements of value

The use of the tool by those seeking power will correct itself on them..

Like you I do not have the patience for that dogma
Hopefully someone revs up their karma for them

good thought

keep em coming

PS the distinction I have gives certain spells frowned on more.. lets say nitro in the fuel

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

That is interesting as I have found my connection is better early in the morning before I have a cup of coffee or a cig.

You may have just explained why to some extent.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BDBinc
Migration/colonization If as in some places 70% of home buyers are Chinese cash buyers, you can trace the misfortune of the Americans that lost their homes to the greed of the money lenders and the finacial institutions. All these movements are controlled and have to do with money .
I don’t mean to sound rude but can we be honest here at ATS about control or not?

This one I will keep a little more separate

It feels like your responding off the money post and combining it with the down and dirty history advancement...

Command and Control battles with in the system
Methods change by those in power

Which in and of itself is an interesting hair..

Power versus money in this aspect another good thought

So far we have kept the ATS tradition

We are discussing difference in definitions

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
Well. Toady has been a long day. I upgraded my internet speed today. Everything is so much faster and watching streaming video is a snap.

In response to my methods in response to LostnEmpty. I felt easy visualization would easily undo the 'metaphysical restraints' of the magick he described. ......

That blew up their faces.

In response to Magus, in bringing up blood magick in the definitions....
. I will carefully regard what I share in the thread, and word certain areas carefully with more advanced subjects arise.

As to what is missing - some of the basics I think we've glossed over, and would be nice to see some of these area's seized upon and explored.

The Magick Circle - What is it?
The Pentagram and Pentacle - What are they?
Protection Magick
Releasing and Manifestation

The Altar/Tools (disc, athame, wand, etc.)
Deciding how to connect to Deity. What tradition type is right for you?
Wheel of the Year
Exploration of pantheon's that interest you. i.e. Celtic, Druid, Greek, Egyptian, Sumerian, Mayan, Native American
Understanding the Elements
Consecrating Your Tools

This is a lot of fun, and even my 15 year old daughter has taken an interest. She'll come in and plop a chair right down next to me to read and talk about the thread!
She started her own studies earlier this year. She feels it is the Circle and Pentagram - those things not yet mentioned.

Blessings,
Cirque

I merely mentioned it as an add on..

So far underlying themes have emerged in this thread
Hair splitting
Definitions

The use of blood magic as you put is being defined and not used..

The definition if I catch the evolution of it..
Life force in the blood being used as an energy source
(matrix reference but yes to some creatures we are human batteries

Yes the mention of more advanced subjects has to be worded just as carefully as the T and C guidelines being followed

Oddly enough the reason is because the Goddess has her own set of T and C.. and she enforcers hers very creatively.. Sometimes an advanced area will be.. be touched lightly.. like ninja, for a very good reason

So far they come later and tie into your mentioning them..
I have to walk on eggshells partially with them. I am pretty much work towards them and not breaking a vow or seven..

I am glad it does bring some bonding time..

( the item being looked for is mentioned in one of your mothers post earlier.. btw..)

The blood magics are a very close idea

A lot of religions use them
Christianity chief among them

However the reason the slow mention on them. You must first disciple yourself
learn your energy
then use external energy

Wax on, wax off
Jacket on, Jacket off

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

I rill if yu rill, in your kindness asked pleased and thanking you in advance. No one wants to rehash off the top spontanious comments that are heartfelt and lirical. To have been graded an "F" by a substitute teacher is novel. When are you starting class, you havent given out the first 'spell' to master yet. Im certain that those that bother to read my posts are in understanding of thought/intent and dont need any dumbing down.
edit on 12-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

I am not going to yell at you or blow.. As I said if it makes you feel better keep venting

It is curious to me..

Why not show them who you are in one area... Bring them together for sharing...

Either way..

I am not going to get upset with you...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Playing with ceremonial magik, can be very dangerous. Alot of people who search through to learn about this stuff , often open doorways to other places, or attract the presences of unwelcome entities, or just don't know how to protect themselves and they incur the wraith of whatever it is they tried to summon or make a pact with.

I watched a interview with a high level ceremonial magician who was trying to summon some deity/demon. He did it in his garage, and when the thing appeared he had himself in a protective circle. For hours, the thing had him trapped in the circle. The thing finally tricked him into thinking his house phone was ringing and when he stuck his hand out of his protective circle to grab it, the thing took him.

You all may not know this, but religion itself is a form of magic practice. Millions of people on earth practice a form of magic everyday and they don't know it.

can you post a link to this

I think it would be an excellent lesson for those reading to see the video...

Impeccability thing bit the practioner

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join