It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tells US media to ‘behave,’ meanwhile millions protest in Egypt.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by neo96

So all Muslims are misogynists? Part of the revolution is about women's rights.
But you don't want to hear about that.

Even funnier that you support the GOP.

edit on 1-7-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

No the above is funny it is damn right hilarious considering Egypt has had nothing but new boss is the same as the old boss for over 2000 years.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Bigot much?

There's a whole slew of reasons why the ME is so violent. You're familiar with destabilization aren't you? You complain about radical Islamists but yet want to join your buddy Neo in condemning the people protesting it? Logic is your friend, stop running away from it.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

This isn't even close......I have Egyptian friends that I am in constant contact with and the reason for the protest is the exactly opposite of what you claim.

Yeah it is see th is
edit on 1-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

There's a whole slew of reasons why the ME is so violent.

Yeah there is and the dominate one being religion find it damn right hilarious of the support of religious theocracies like Egypt wants to become, and the disparagement of it here.

That is an epic double standard.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

They are protesting Morsi's attempt at Theocracy that is what you're not getting.

Who's the hypocrite?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Bigot much?

I’m not intolerant of Muslims…I was just pointing out the obvious connection all ME terror states share. They are free to practice their hateful garbage and I’m free to withhold MY SUPPORT AND ADMIRATION.

There's a whole slew of reasons why the ME is so violent. You're familiar with destabilization aren't you? You complain about radical Islamists but yet want to join your buddy Neo in condemning the people protesting it? Logic is your friend, stop running away from it.

I’m familiar with radical Islam and its teachings of intolerance and violence against all infidels. I’m also familiar with the Arab Spring! The “peaceful people” we were supposedly supporting turned out to be the radical Muslim Brotherhood.

No, there are no people over there worthy of my support or admiration that I’ve seen. Those people would have been killed by their own radical countrymen long before we saw them; their system devours the good ones who speak out against the systematic madness governing their countries.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

They are protesting Morsi's attempt at Theocracy that is what you're not getting.

Who's the hypocrite?

They are protesting Morsi is not hardline enough

Hypocrites'?

That would be those who believe in 'separation of church and state' and funnels billions of us tax dollars to religious theocracies in the rest of the world.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

This isn't even close......I have Egyptian friends that I am in constant contact with and the reason for the protest is the exactly opposite of what you claim.

Yeah it is see th is

I read it.....no where does it mention what you claim...if I missed it, please quote it for me. If fact they were saying that secular Murbark was better then Brotherhood Morsi.

The crowd says Morsi’s “deceitful government” “terrorized” his way to power and chants “Get out, you liar!” They preferred Mubarak over Morsi whom they call “a sucker” and one “stopped the supply of water and electricity.”

Have you been in contact with Egyptians on the ground????? I am.......the only brotherhood protests have been to protest the much larger secular protesters and try to keep Morsi in power.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Who's the hypocrite?

Just because you keep saying that, isn't going to make it true....again I'll make the offer, shall I see if one of my friends wants to take the time to explain the situation to you?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Kali74

Nope the Morsi regime is backed by the muslim brotherhood that is a multinational usurper that has 'offices' in Libya,Syria, and Jordan, and the rest of the middle east.

What those people are protesting in Egypt is that Morsi is not 'radical enough' wouldn't hear that on the media though.

How about Obama telling those Egyptians to 'behave'.

Are those the same ones looting the Muslim brotherhood headquarters and tearing down their signs?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Mubarak was an 'American puppet' before Morsi.

Geez the only reason Egypt is getting any US funds is they are trying to buy an 'ally'.

Have you been in contact with Egyptians on the ground????? I am.......the only brotherhood protests have been to protest the much larger secular protesters and try to keep Morsi in power.

According to this:

Most of the protestors were Mubarak supports trying to seize power again by 'staging' another cue.

here

That is what the Muslim Brotherhood says. It claims that opposition groups who are entitled to protest have been hijacked by supporters of the Mubarak regime who are trying to mount a coup and force out Egypt's first ever democratically elected leader.

A protest getting hijacked!!

'Never' heard of such a thing.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

and I’m free to withhold MY SUPPORT AND ADMIRATION.

You're not as clever as you think you are. Trying to paint me as a terrorist and extremist supporter because I called you on your crap? Fail.

The “peaceful people” we were supposedly supporting turned out to be the radical Muslim Brotherhood.

The peaceful people didn't want Morsi to begin with, they wanted a free election which Mubarak was denying them. Morsi won with 51% of the vote even though he promised during his 'negotiations on behalf of the people' that the Muslim Brotherhood wouldn't even enter the race. Forgot that part huh? Just because the MB won doesn't mean it's what the protesters wanted.

No, there are no people over there worthy of my support or admiration that I’ve seen. Those people would have been killed by their own radical countrymen long before we saw them;

That is pure bigotry. Those people wouldn't have nearly the amount of extremism to deal with if other countries would stop interfering with their politics and social issues. Quitting the carpet bombing and the drone strikes would go a long way too, with destruction comes poverty and with poverty comes the exploiters both from within and without.

their system devours the good ones who speak out against the systematic madness governing their countries.

Funny how you're right this very minute condemning the 'good ones' that are speaking out against the 'madness governing their countires'.

reply to post by neo96

And you're basing that off of .... ?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Just because you keep saying that, isn't going to make it true....again I'll make the offer, shall I see if one of my friends wants to take the time to explain the situation to you?

Just because someone says they have 'friends' doesn't make it true.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

And you're basing that off of .... ?

2000 years of ME history.

Rinse and Repeat.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
OK?

Although the problem lies deeper than words spoken at this time and place, we all know this is par for the course in the Obama administration the press has given him a pass,

The press has betrayed us all.

Remain quiet don't ask question.
edit on 103131p://bMonday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

That's not what he said. He told them to ask one question at a time. He's cool with more but other leaders are not. What that has to do with Egypt is beyond me.

Then it would have been more civil to have simply said "Ladies and Gentlemen of the Press, please, only one question at a time"..that, or a similar phrase would have been the statesman like thing to have said.

"Be on your best behaviour" isn't stateman like..at all. It IS however the way a jumped up, arrogant tosser would speak to unruley children...which is very telling in conjunction with the way he conducts himself in the Whitehouse.

Or i could be wrong...perhaps the Press that came along were teenagers on a trip for the school paper?

I'll tell you something for absolutely nothing...if i could get around the censorship where language is concerned, i'd say it far more succinctly...however...if he or anyone else had patronised me so, i would have called him an arrogant crap stain and told him to jam his 'behave yourself' as far up his chute as humanly possible...and happily changed career or gone independent.

edit on 1-7-2013 by MysterX because: added text.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Are those the same ones looting the Muslim brotherhood headquarters and tearing down their signs?

Yeah its the same Muslim Brotherhood is this

Sounds like the same willful,wanting destruction of the Muslim Brotherhood.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Most of the protestors were Mubarak supports trying to seize power again by 'staging' another cue.

So now you completely contradict yourself.......Mubarak was secular and against the muslim brotherhood. Ergo his supporters are secular and dis like the brotherhood...... now I know your just being obtuse on purpose.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Some peoples skulls must be lined with lead.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

So now you completely contradict yourself.......Mubarak was secular and against the muslim brotherhood. Ergo his supporters are secular and dis like the brotherhood...... now I know your just being obtuse on purpose.

THIS was the contradiction

They didn't like Mubarak because he wasn't a hardliner they elected a religious hardline 'government' now someone is saying they didn't want a religious hardline government because Mubarak was 'better'.

NO.

They want a HARDLINE GOVERNMENT Morsi is not deleivering that.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
double

edit on 1-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join