It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tells US media to ‘behave,’ meanwhile millions protest in Egypt.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
neo96

this discussion should be about what is happening there right now. there are people from many walks of life there. we do not want to embrace the idea that they are expendable because of world view, because there are many world views there, not just one, and because we are supposed to adapt a loving view of our fellow humans, even if they don't love us, because anything less is not productive. to pick one out to condemn would not be revealing enough either, and as a result, would give a false impression of the contents of their country.

it is also extremely important to remember that at this very moment, they are hungry. millions of egyptians are going hungry. if we suddenly join the bandwagon that they are expendable, millions of people would die. you do not want that on your conscience.

edit on 2-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

Then go ahead and prove me wrong, stop using ad-hominem for a defence.

Show me where in my post, in context, I was hate filled or bigoted please? No, then please refrain from name calling.

I'll debate you on ANY aspect of Islam if you so desire. I'll expose it all as a massive sham, death cult religion.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by darkbake
The President tells the media "to behave?" The Executive Branch is in charge of the press now? What kind of pressure do they have on the press? Can they get members fired or killed or something? Or put in prison under The Patriot Act?

They have been reading the press emails, they can ruin a persons life, yes.

I know, it is completely retarded and backwards - we are supposed to be making law from the bottom up, not the top down, in other words -

Citizens are supposed to be giving input based on their experiences and how they would like their lives to improve, and that is supposed to go through congress and the executive branch - and the press is supposed to expose corruption -

Instead, we have the executive branch telling congress and the press what to do, and therefore the people, who, instead of having quality lives, are used as batteries (like in The Matrix) for corporate machines.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join