It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tells US media to ‘behave,’ meanwhile millions protest in Egypt.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

Yo

'A friend says'

Is not 'first hand knowledge'

Why pursue a conversation?

After all my 'opinions on a protest in Egypt' are moot,.

edit on 1-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

...It's not right to condemn a whole people because there's a few assholes that do bad things.

Enjoy your hate and enjoy your karma. I'm thoroughly disgusted. We are human before we are anything else,

somebody needs to put on their 'thinking cap'

the 'few people' that-do-bad-things... are "Provocateurs" ...who are on a directed assignment, paid one-way-or-another by the creeps in power they are not really part of the mass uprising of non-combative people...
the Provocateurs are there to make the masses look bad with destructive actions and in-your-face confrontations with the peace-keeper authority...so as to discredit the whole mass protest in the eyes of the rest-of-the-World

just how many ATS'ers are swayed by this 'Pollyanna" Worldview anyhow??
edit on 1-7-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Ok my Egyptian friend sent a more detailed reply. According to ATS T&C I can't quote her directly because she's not a member, so I'll paraphrase and make some edits......a Native Muslim Egyptian's Explanation on the Situation....

Egyptians first uprise or revolution was for 'bread,freedom,and social justice'
Meaning economy,democracy,and social justice.
After losing martyrs,suffering injuries and economic deterioration, we've gone through referendums,elections and a #ty state of unrest. Until we reached presedential elections where in the first phase,the candidates failed to form coallitions and they were new to the political arena and had no public base.whereas the muslim brotherhood have always been engaged in community service and over the years have gained the loyalty of the poor and uneducated (the majority) and have also gained the sympathy of the people because they were constantly persecuted and tortured by the mubarak regime.They also hid behind religion which is always a winning card in a conservative country like Egypt with a majority of muslims.

Based on these factors and their amazing ability to rally people and to unite and present one candidate and allocate all their resources just to make one of them...ANY one of them win, they were able to go through the parliament elections and go through to the second stage of the presidential elections.

At that stage we were faced by 2 horrible choices.Either Shafiq who is basically a candidate of the regime we've just toppled , or Morsi who is a candidate of the muslim brotherhood.

So in addition to the people that were rallied by the muslimbrotherhood, the majority preferred to take their chances with the muslimbrotherhood morsi. It seemed like the lesser of the bad choices at the time.

In fact we had hopes that electing a candidate who belongs to a strong party, can help fight the deep and strong cottuption of the previous regime .

Unill one year later we have had enough ranting from morsi,arrigance from his party,hectic and irrational decisiins and actions.we had no electricity,ni water, no gas for cars,prices sky high,no real police protection...basically there's no country...in addition to other major catastrophies like the Ethiopian dam..etc..then on wednesday he ranted some more for 2 and a half hours and saying nothing that could calm the public...so we finally had it and took to the streets. INCLUDING the masses who were against mubarak being toppled.people who couldnt care less an extremist ruling and also many who took to the streets are christians ! So please tell your friend ( Connector: neo are we friends
) to unplug his ears, and maybe try to listen,read, and understand before forming his opinion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----

Hope that gives a better perspective for us westerners.....she was quite upset when I started discussing the whole situation there.....and here I am in Canada.....celebrating Canada Day. A stark contrast.

edit on 1-7-2013 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

2000+ years of violence, Kali.

Islam is only around 1600 years old. Now who do you blame the other 400 years on?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

...It's not right to condemn a whole people because there's a few assholes that do bad things.
Enjoy your hate and enjoy your karma. I'm thoroughly disgusted. We are human before we are anything else,

somebody needs to put on their 'thinking cap'

the 'few people' that-do-bad-things... are "Provocateurs" ...who are on a directed assignment, paid one-way-or-another by the creeps in power they are not really part of the mass uprising of non-combative people...
the Provocateurs are there to make the masses look bad with destructive actions and in-your-face confrontations with the peace-keeper authority...so as to discredit the whole mass protest in the eyes of the rest-of-the-World

just how many ATS'ers are swayed by this 'Pollyanna" Worldview anyhow??
edit on 1-7-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

If anyone needs the thinking cap it is you. Kali is right it is wrong to judge all the people based on what a few do. That is just simple common sense.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
You take his words at face value I do not.

WHAT? He's now writing script for the media? That's what THEY reported.

Obama and his suck-ups have always written script for the media.

Are you using sarcasm or are you truly in support of this crap?

Jude11

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by alienreality
I like how he referred to the media as his own, and not ours, as in the USA's media.. Most will dismiss it, but I see it as the way he is on most everything, very possessive and hypocritical in practically everything, without the self awareness of how he is even saying things.. It's his natural way of doing things, completely oblivious to his own non virtuous ways..

I don't hate the guy, just see him as someone with virtually no qualities whatsoever that you would expect a leader of our nation to have..

Absolutely my observation, thank you, and as far as intrepid noted, does he tell the press what to say,

I believe yes they are given questions they are allowed to ask.
edit on 103131p://bMonday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Thank you all. And in the spirit of Voltaire, watch what happens to a member of the
Press Corps allowed to travel with Him who dares to venture off-script.
A couple of names, now absent pop up quickly...

And to BurnTheShips, a special
for the remark from you on the setting for the
conference-- and its importance compared to the information exchange.
I personally would rather get the real scoop in a carpeted telephone booth
remember them? than get lied to in a palace.
edit on 1-7-2013 by derfreebie because: To BurnTheShips..never stop

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
America is like a bull with no horns, and only charges when its commanded. When the heroic wolves wake up, they will guide the bulls to their horns once again.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

How dare you Sir!!! Don't bring Voltaire into the conversation...it requires too much edumacating

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You take his words at face value I do not.

You are just reading more into it than is actually there.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

I'm sure that's exactly how the British Loyalists felt about the young revolutionaries protesting and mumbling about leaving the Kingdom and doing silly things like dumping tea into harbors or is it that sole exception to the rule that protests and revolutions don't work and are nothing more than flights of fancy from rebellious youths?

Give me a frigging break.

9 times out of 10, rebellion, protest and "revolution" not based solely on anger instead of vision not only fail but pave the way for a much worse regime than the one protested against. This has been repeated so often in the last 100 years, from the Soviet Union to Nazi Germany to the current "Arab Srping".

In Egypt the moderate pro-Western Government, which was slightly corrupt and slightly dictatorial and also neglectful of the country, was replaced by a theocratic and fascist version of Islamism that couldnt care less about "Democracy".

It took a year until the protesting Egyptian youth woke up and realized that the current Government has nothing at all to do with the aims they proclaimed in the "Arab Spring" of 2011.

Conclusion: Peaceful Protestors such as Ghandi or Whistleblowers such as Snowden cause more long-term change for the better than angry "social justice" revolutionaries.
edit on 2-7-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You think?

I honestly do there is NO ONE in the middle east that is worthy of anyone's 'support or admiration'.

And you are? do you feel beter then other people ?
who do you think you are then?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by supremecommander

So you look at them as subhumans? Typical white nationalist thinking.

White Nationalist???? Are those the only people with 2 eyes and a brain?

He’s right - there is nobody in the ME worthy of our support or admiration. Over 1,000 years of violence, war, religious intolerance, discrimination of all types and bigotry, and it all stems from one thing……Islam.

The ME will never be a peaceful place. It’s much easier to count the few non-radicals than the many radicals. There is no way the ME will ever be anything but a third world terrorist haven.

edit on 1-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

you got a very short memory or maybe no memory at all.
its not of worth trying to explain to you the history i gues.
because you wont be able to grasp it
edit on 2-7-2013 by WhySoBlinded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
The President tells the media "to behave?" The Executive Branch is in charge of the press now? What kind of pressure do they have on the press? Can they get members fired or killed or something? Or put in prison under The Patriot Act?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

9 times out of 10, rebellion, protest and "revolution" not based solely on anger instead of vision not only fail but pave the way for a much worse regime than the one protested against.

I don't have time at the moment to count revolutions and protests to challenge your 9/10 assumption but it sounds absurd.

In Egypt the moderate pro-Western Government, which was slightly corrupt and slightly dictatorial and also neglectful of the country,

Slightly corrupt? No free election is slightly corrupt? Curfews and martial law is slightly corrupt? Police brutality to intimidate people into obedience etc...?

It took a year until the protesting Egyptian youth woke up and realized that the current Government has nothing at all to do with the aims they proclaimed in the "Arab Spring" of 2011.

They weren't swayed by Morsi to begin with so there was no waking up to be had. If you go back through News articles to when Morsi won and find the reactions of the protesters, you will see that they promised to go home and give it a chance. Now it's worse and his chance is up (in their minds). They will repeat this process until they either can't any longer or get the democracy they are seeking. They should let Morsi continue his religious fascism just in case the next is worse?

Conclusion: Peaceful Protestors such as Ghandi or Whistleblowers such as Snowden cause more long-term change for the better than angry "social justice" revolutionaries.

Also debatable. Gandhi was a phenomenon in his success, but not unique in his mind set.
edit on 2-7-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
This debate could have been settled a long time ago if only people would accept that Muslims lie, and they get away with it.

My sister is currently studying a masters in middle eastern theology, and philosophic studies.

These people (not to make this a secular thing) have NO respect for us or our way of life. NONE, I'll repeat that again NO RESPECT FOR OUR WAY OF LIFE. They will >>>>>>NOT>THEIR>>>>>Taqiyya

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
The President tells the media "to behave?" The Executive Branch is in charge of the press now? What kind of pressure do they have on the press? Can they get members fired or killed or something? Or put in prison under The Patriot Act?

They have been reading the press emails, they can ruin a persons life, yes.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

maybe your right.
But what about The Talmud Bavli
or the old testament.
lolol
All ideologies are idiotic whether religious or political for it is conceptual thinking the conceptual word which has so unfortunately divided man. Jiddu Krishnamurti

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

That was the most uneducated, bigoted opinion-filled, and ridiculous post I have seen on this site in quite some time. Congratulations.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Morsi promised to be moderate, more democratic

Well, now, isn't that just the way of some people...

...more transparent less war blah blah blah
edit on 2-7-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join