It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tells US media to ‘behave,’ meanwhile millions protest in Egypt.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Oh BS!
Blah blah blah muslims, blah blah blah Obama, blah blah blah everything is scripted.
/yawn

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Yeah that is some 'BS'

he Muslim Brotherhood (Arabic: جماعة الاخوان المسلمين‎ gammāʿat al-ʾiḫwān/al-ikhwan/el-ekhwan al-muslimūn, IPA: [elʔexˈwæːn]) in Egypt is an Islamist religious, political, and social movement. Following the 2011 Revolution the group was legalized,[1] and with an estimated 600,000 members or supporters[2][3] is considered the largest, best-organized political force in Egypt.[2][4] Its credo is, "God is our objective; the Quran is our constitution, the Prophet is our leader; Jihad is our way; and death for the sake of God is the highest of our aspirations."

The Brotherhood has been criticized (or noted) for being "on the sidelines" early in the January–February 2011 uprising that overthrew Hosni Mubarak

en.wikipedia.org...

"Its credo is, "God is our objective; the Quran is our constitution, the Prophet is our leader; Jihad is our way; and death for the sake of God is the highest of our aspirations"

Not radical enough.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Such determination to hate.
Don't you ever get tired?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Stating the truth is not hate.

Geez

The powers that be in Egypt aren't all that and a bag of chips.

True story.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What those people are protesting in Egypt is that Morsi is not 'radical enough'

You think?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The powers that be in Egypt aren't all that and a bag of chips.

Hello? That's why the Egyptians are protesting again.

The protesters from 2011 weren't exactly thrilled that Morsi won, but they promised to go home and see how it played out. Morsi promised to be moderate, more democratic. He hasn't been either, so the protesters are back with more numbers. What's hard to understand about that? Why must it get so convoluted in your head?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
betcha that Øbama is in a high stage Damage Containment Mode...

now that his puppet Muslim Brotherhood president Morsi government (ahem) is in shambles after receiving BILLIONS IN AID AND MUCH MORE ADVANCED WEAPONS SYSTEMS

the people of Egypt ain't gonna be happy until the Jihadists ...radicals....take over by default and not by the true backbone of the Nation the working poor & middle class who want a more secular leadership not a bunch of zealous Twelvers that will be anxious to conflict with a nuclear Israel

i feel sure that alll this (news-analysis) is being swept under the rug

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You think?

I honestly do there is NO ONE in the middle east that is worthy of anyone's 'support or admiration'.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

You think?

I honestly do there is NO ONE in the middle east that is worthy of anyone's 'support or admiration'.

Not even the people?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Egypt army arrests 15 bodyguards of key Brotherhood leader

Read more: www.dailystar.com.lb...
(The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: www.dailystar.com.lb...)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

You think?

Not even the people?

Arab Spring Egypt’s ‘Legal’ Persecution of Christians

Indeed, before President Obama threw Hosni Mubarak under the bus in the name of “freedom” and “democracy,” Christians were at least legally protected: Muslim mobs were limited to lawless attacks on Christian churches and persons. But now that the Muslim Brotherhood and Salafis are in charge, Egypt’s Christians are now also experiencing legal persecution in the courtrooms, especially in the context of blasphemy.
www.humanevents.com...
The following cases of blasphemy laws targeting Christians,

this is happening all over the ME

we will see what happens after the fall.
edit on 123131p://bMonday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Bad things happen everywhere! Some of those accounts are also contested but even if they all did happen, it's awful for sure... but do you really think those things wouldn't happen here if our country was thrown into chaos through our own doing or otherwise?

If our people took to the streets to protest the government en masse, there wouldn't be people who raped women, sacked churches, mosques... government buildings? It's not right to condemn a whole people because there's a few assholes that do bad things. These people are fighting to not become another Iran, and you insist that they're fighting to become another Iran just because you don't like the culture to begin with. That's sick.

And for Ms. Aphrodite... There were also stories from the 2011 protests of Muslims and Christians protecting each other, but you don't want to hear about that, do you?

Enjoy your hate and enjoy your karma. I'm thoroughly disgusted. We are human before we are anything else, people like the two of you forget that all too easily.
edit on 1-7-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

People are free to do what they want, and if they want to support a bunch of mysognist's that is their right so be it.

I don't nor will I ever.
edit on 1-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

You think?

So you look at them as subhumans? Typical white nationalist thinking.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by supremecommander

I just leave the 'manufactured outrage' to the neocons it is their country they need to clean up their own house instead of a bunch of foreigners sticking their nose in places it does not belong.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Link

A senior Coptic bishop has praised Muslims in Al-Khosous who attempted to protect Christians during a recent bout of sectarian violence that left five people dead.
"The loving Muslims who protected Christians and the church during the deadly clashes in Al-Khosous highlighted the mistakes of the fanatics and showed the true meaning of religion and love," Bishop Moussa, who is in charge of youth affairs at the Coptic Orthodox Church, said in a statement on Wednesday.

"Our only consolation is that the victims gave their lives as a testimony to God and their pure souls ascended to heaven...," he added.

Egypt's Coptic Orthodox Pope Tawadros II, along with other bishops, will on Thursday accept condolences from public figures at the papal headquarters in Abbasiya.

Deadly clashes erupted in Al-Khosous in Qalioubiya on Saturday after a group of Christian teenagers allegedly daubed what some Muslims deemed offensive symbols on the walls of an Al-Azhar institute in the town, state news agency MENA reported.

Four Christians and one Muslim died in the violence that followed.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So all Muslims are misogynists? Part of the revolution is about women's rights.
But you don't want to hear about that.

Even funnier that you support the GOP.

edit on 1-7-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Kali74

What those people are protesting in Egypt is that Morsi is not 'radical enough' wouldn't hear that on the media though.

This isn't even close......I have Egyptian friends that I am in constant contact with and the reason for the protest is the exactly opposite of what you claim.

cbs

On the other side is an array of secular and liberal Egyptians, moderate Muslims, Christians — and what the opposition says is a broad sector of the general public that has turned against the Islamists. They say the Islamists have negated their election mandate by trying to monopolize power, infusing government with their supporters, forcing through a constitution they largely wrote and giving religious extremists a free hand, all while failing to manage the country.

Want me to get one of my friends to write an essay for you explaining the situation there?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by supremecommander

White Nationalist???? Are those the only people with 2 eyes and a brain?

He’s right - there is nobody in the ME worthy of our support or admiration. Over 1,000 years of violence, war, religious intolerance, discrimination of all types and bigotry, and it all stems from one thing……Islam.

The ME will never be a peaceful place. It’s much easier to count the few non-radicals than the many radicals. There is no way the ME will ever be anything but a third world terrorist haven.

edit on 1-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join