It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't God just show himself to us?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

I guess it depends on how one views or does not view God.

Being as I am not a christian,or any religion, God to me is everything and everywhere, inside and outside, in all things.

But that is my view and it is not shared by many.
A little story about God....

People think it is new agey, but I don't and never have seen God as anything but what is.
God is everything, and we forgotten and have been lied to for so long that the only real way to truly find who and what God is, is to search your own soul for the answers, because the answers are all already there, waiting for you to remember them.

But that is just how I see God.

I once saw an angel, and in that experience I was exposed to the power of the creator,and it was divine,but no one will have the correct answer to your question but yourself.
Empower yourself.
Don't let people determine who or what god is, find out for yourself,because God is very real, but in order to know, you have to first reach out/in and allow God to exist in your life.

Ok, I am going now, as I am pretty sure my views won't be accepted or agreed with in this thread, but I just wanted to share that story with you, because that is my answer.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

If you believe in something you can't describe, then it's called blind faith.

Try this hypothetical.

I have never eaten fruit.
Describe the taste of a kiwi fruit. Tell me what you taste so that I know exactly.
edit on 1-7-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ccseagull

Hi Daniel - I'm sorry if that is how my comment came across. This is what I meant.

The teachings of Jesus, the Council of Jerusalem, and other New Testament teachings (John 1:16-17, Acts 13:39, Romans 2:25-29, 8:1-4, 1 Corinthians 9:19-21, Galatians 2:15-16, Ephesians 2:15) make it clear that Christians are not required to follow the Old Testament rules about crimes and punishments, warfare, slavery, diet, circumcision, animal sacrifices, feast days, Sabbath observance, ritual cleanness, etc.
Christians still look to the Old Testament scripture for moral and spiritual guidance (2 Timothy 3:16-17). But when there seems to be a conflict between Old Testament laws and New Testament principles, we must follow the New Testament because it represents the most recent and most perfect revelation from God (Hebrews 8:13, 2 Corinthians 3:1-18, Galatians 2:15-20).
www.christianbiblereference.org...

If the old testament says "Follow every law until the end of time" then the new testament says "Don't follow the laws of the old testament" How is it that you get to pick and choose?

Who picked and chose? One says one things, the other says something else. How can you take this book seriously?

Do you even know what to believe or why you are believing it?

I don't know to you, but to me it's absurd to have a Bible that has many conflicts and you having you pick and choose what to believe what to leave out and then tell people that to believe in God and Jesus they have to read the Bible.

Why not just create your own Bible and put on the verse that you picked to follow?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Try this hypothetical.

Describe the taste of a kiwi fruit.

Those are two different things. I was asking a visual sense of God and you are asking to describe a taste.

A better relative question would be What does kiwi look like.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

The point i am trying to make is that He did forgive us. And He never gives up on us, no matter what this world and that that is not of this world would wanna make us believe.

We as human would find it VERY HARD to forgive one who's taken the life of our children, and He did. All we should do is thank Him for what He has done for us.

We care about the flesh. It is not about flesh, it is about spirit. That is what lives for eternity, that is why He died for us.

Many would say "but Christ was sent to die", and yes He was. Still, it must have been so beyond heartbreaking to see how His Son was killed by His own children.

"Forgive them Father, for they do not know what they do"
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Just had a bunch of things typed up for you Afinity and lost it all. Will answer in a bit.

edit on 1/7/13 by ccseagull because: entered name this was meant for

link   

Originally posted by danielsil18

Try this hypothetical.

Those are two different things. I was asking a visual sense of God and you are asking to describe a taste.

You claim that you don't know God.
Yet you can tell me that God can not be a taste.... or have one?

How does a kiwi look, anyway?

link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames

The point i am trying to make is that He did forgive us. And He never gives up on us, no matter what this world and that that is not of this world would wanna make us believe.

We as human would find it VERY HARD to forgive one who's taken the life of our children, and He did. All we should do is thank Him for what He has done for us.

We care about the flesh. It is not about flesh, it is about spirit. That is what lives for eternity, that is why He died for us.

Many would say "but Christ was sent to die", and yes He was. Still, it must have been so beyond heartbreaking to see how His Son was killed by His own children.

"Forgive them Father, for they do not know what they are do"

First, that's if God does exist and he forgave us.

But my question to you still stands, Why doesn't he prove to us every generation?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Try this hypothetical.

You claim that you don't know God.
Yet you can tell me that God can not be a taste.... or have one?

Doesn't the Bible say God made us in his own image?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Try this hypothetical.

How does a kiwi look, anyway?

A kiwi? I can link you a picture of a kiwi. I don't need to desbribe it since Kiwi's are real, can be proven to be real, can even be tasted, touched, eaten, and you can play with it if you want. What about God? only faith in him.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Who wrote the Bible?

You don't trust that there is a God, yet you will rely on the written words of men in your argument? The same men that you accuse of building up a false history of people in the Bible?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Why don't you ask Him, earnestly?

I can only answer as a human and my answers does not, and will not satisfy you.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Who wrote the Bible?

You don't trust that there is a God, yet you will rely on the written words of men in your argument? The same men that you accuse of building up a false history of people in the Bible?

We are obviously talking about different things.

I'm talking of the God the Bible talks about. You on the other hand are talking about a "Higher Being".

Two different things.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames

Why don't you ask Him, earnestly?

I can only answer as a human and my answers does not, and will not satisfy you.

But how to know it's God and not my imagination?

Everyone can easily ask something in their head and get the "answer" they want.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Who wrote the Bible?

Well, it is a good source to read about this character named "God". I don't have to believe in superman to describe him. I can just read about him or watch a movie. It doesn't matter if he is real or not.

By the way, someone describing a "kiwi" to you is not a good example for "God". God is an outrageous claim. At least with a kiwi it sounds believable, something that could occur in nature.

If I say I went to the mall, you would probably believe me because that is something most people do. But what if I claimed God made me disappear from home and reappear at the mall. Would you just believe it? Most people wouldn't and rightfully so.

By the way, the people claiming God can't appear to us because of "Free-will", that is non-sense. Most Christians will say Lucifer knew God and he still had free-will to not be controlled by him.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

What got me into trouble was messing with the darker side of the creators creation.
I see it as being shown that God is real.
Without that experience, I would of always questioned what was real and what was not.
Who is right and who is not.

No one way is better than another, and all paths lead to the creator in the end.

These are all learning and growing experiences, no matter how one chooses to experience God.

Yep, I upset the creator, and I got chastised for it, but it was all a part of the plan, what plan I don't know, as it is far beyond me to understand God, other than God exists all around me,you,the OP, and once one is able to understand and experience it, then God reviles itself in whatever way that person will understand best.

IMO, but then...what do I know?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by Deetermined

No one way is better than another, and all paths lead to the creator in the end.

Can you give us examples?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Hey Affinity – Batman comics are made up by the imagination of the writer. The Bible is factual in terms of history, archeology, ancient writings, the Dead Sea Scrolls, prophecies being played out.

We won’t be servants, we aren’t servants. We will rule with Jesus in the new millennium. Don’t know that I want to rule but that’s what it says, ha. God is always waiting to speak to you, just approach Him. I am quite sure if you give Him an appointment He will respond.

God created us. He knew us before we were even conceived. You are in the most wonderful position you could be as a child of God. You are a prince, you are His beloved, you are his most precious loved son. When we become believers we join the kingdom, God’s kingdom. God created us to be companions to Him. He has never given up on us. No matter how much we sin He always loves us. He hates the sin but loves the sinner. Otherwise He wouldn’t have gone to all the trouble of sending Jesus or working out the whole plan of humanity. Everything is happening for a reason but it’s our stance on where we fit in in this world: a child of God or a non believer?

God does not belong to a club of dieties. God is the only true god. The rest are false impressions.
Yes God gave up His only son. To show you that that is how much He loves us. He could have just snapped His fingers and trashed us all. Perhaps started over. Perhaps never bothered again. We are more worthy than His angels. Yes you are still your own person as a believer. You don’t suddenly feel like you don’t have choices or can never do anything wrong again. You don’t want to do wrong because you love Him so much. This is all about love, not about being under someone’s thumb.

Kids that die every day, rapes, torture – this is what comes of man’s sin. We must pray for those who are in those situations, to help those people, or to prevent it. God will not intervene unless we call out to Him or pray for those people. That is why prayers are so important. If I tell my child to not tease the dog and explain he will bite but she does it anyway she may end up with an injury. The injury then gets infected, she gets a fever, feels miserable, misses days of school and that birthday party she was supposed to go, she misses out on cake and hates the dog, hates me, hates her life. Life sucks. Is it MY fault? Ie: is our life down here God’s fault? Everything bad that happens is because we allow sin to control us and we reap the consequences. There are bad decisions and then there are evil decisions, there are those possessed by evil. Those who don’t walk in God’s love and protection are more open to awful things happening. Sin has a way of being like a tornado – it starts with a little bit of wind and rain and before you know it whole neighborhoods are destroyed, people are maimed, lives destroyed.

I am a person that doesn’t let anyone control me, tell me what to think. I have control issues. But God created me and as a believer I can feel His love and see how it impacts my life. This is not giving up control, it’s allowing my Father to guide me and nurture me. Loving parents don’t rip the rug out from under their child just because, or to get a laugh. Loving parents also do not take love away or food away, they provide them with education, perhaps job opportunities, guide them through life. God will not take away a wonderful business opportunity. He wants you to be happy and successful and yes, to even have money. There is nothing wrong with having money. You are not expendable to God. He is our Father, but more of a father than a real human parent could ever be because He is operating with wisdom.

The terms offered to you are simply to believe Jesus as your Savior. You then become a member of the family. You are a prince, you are a son of God, you are His. You don’t lose control of any sort. You just love Him and He loves you. It all fits. Job was tested. The devil said to God that he could get Job to renounce God. So God allowed the devil to do whatever he wanted to, except kill Job. Job stood firm in his faith. In fact every time I am faced with hardships I compare my hardships to Job’s and it strengthens me for I am certainly not facing those crushing trials. God rewarded Job after. Keep in mind this is our earthly existence. We have unbelievable treasures, our own “mansion” that Jesus has prepared for us.

I have to find a way to be more concise. Continued....

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_philth

Originally posted by ClevererRunbeening
Hi there,

do you really think that all the people, from all around the world not influenced by christianity, are doomed to hell just becouse they dont believe in certain thing thats said to be believed?

All the natural tribes? Are they lost cos their own ways? altough they did manage to live in great harmony with each other and nature.. Is it possible to judge others relationships with things above and below? Can you force your ways upon them?

So is it most important just to blindly fullfill rules, so one doesnt get into trouble in his suposed afterlife? That should be our inner spiritual life? Or is it to actively look out and think for ourselves about the laws of universe and nature, so we wont get into trouble this life? Or maybe our role is to do more, than just worry about our own future.. But that would imply we admit, that here are things, that are more important and powerful than we are.. That could be where are headed thoose who search. What is the purpose of life? That may be what attracts them ..

Do you know what it is, that you want to manifest itself?
I like ClevererRunbeening's post, and I feel it should be addressed!

If God had the ability to talk to Adam, he has the ability through the Holy Spirit to talk to any indigenous tribe out there to let them know what he expects of them in order to meet his requirements for righteousness.

I imagine it to be like the conversion of Cornelius and Paul both, having been visited by the Holy Spirit personally.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

You will know. That (evil) that is out there may be great deceivers, but if He touches you, you will know.

To start off, put on the Armor of God (Eph 6) and let NOTHING try and convince you otherwise. All of us need to start at a point. Some have it easier than others. I had to learn in a harder way than some, but once its happened, you will know.

Your soul will know.

I can only try to help you with words. You will know in Spirit.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join