It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't God just show himself to us?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Dark side has cookies.

Just sayin'

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

i shall have you know, that ive been to the dark side, collected my cookies, then walked over to the light side where i collected my milk and honey. and then sat down to have lunch. LOL

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

It seems God was more interested in showing Satan wrong than saving us from going to Hell.

Jesus said to read and follow the scriptures. The scriptures tell us about the Holy Spirit of God that is here to help man in his journey to know God and protect him from Satan. The rest who choose to rebel and only follow the desires of his own heart will refuse to do what they've been told from the beginning.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

If God shows himself to all of us and made us know he is real then we wouldn't doubt people saw him.

That day is coming. It's called the second coming of Jesus.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Why don't you just look?

Take a good look in a mirror,
then take a good look inside yourself,
and wham!
There he/she is!

Stop looking out into the world for God, try searching inside yourself instead, because if you really do, you will find God.

Peace!

link   

He "showed" Himself on various occasions in the OT. Yet, no one saw His face, cos they would not see His Face and live, so He showed Himself in other ways to people eg: the burning bush.

People of the OT sacrificed bulls, lambs for their sins, and so did it as a reminder of their sinful ways. In the end God sacrificed Himself in flesh so we can be cleansed from all our sin though Christ, His Son, because we will never stop sinning.

The ultimate price He paid for us was with His Blood, not with that of an animal.

Miracles still happen, but, we don't choose to see it or hear of it. He lives within us, but we choose not to see it and to listen. That is where prayer/meditation comes in. Not just going down on our knees and do a quick two minute prayer. Not going to a church and think "okay, i have done my part for this week".

To see and hear, for you to realize He lives within one - one needs to have a personal relationship with Him. That doesn't come easy. It is a difficult path as we go by faith, which we all lose at times, even those who stand firm in Him.

Perseverance, hope, courage, strength - and to ask Him to help you grow in faith. No matter how strong one think they are, never stop asking to grow in faith. Our battle is not against flesh but against that which is not. To win, we need Him.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: spelling

link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

It seems God was more interested in showing Satan wrong than saving us from going to Hell.

Jesus said to read and follow the scriptures. The scriptures tell us about the Holy Spirit of God that is here to help man in his journey to know God and protect him from Satan. The rest who choose to rebel and only follow the desires of his own heart will refuse to do what they've been told from the beginning.

Like I said, we are only left with a book written by men. Isn't it more logical for him to show himself to all of us to make us know he is real.

He is powerful and loves us but why can't he just show himself to us?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

If God shows himself to all of us and made us know he is real then we wouldn't doubt people saw him.

What's the reason in waiting and letting people go to Hell everyday? If he loves us so much why doesn't he show himself already?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Why do we have to have souls? Also let's say that there are souls and Heaven:

According to the Christian doctrine (If you accept the savior)...something goes to heaven...surely it's not the body...since it decays here on earth. So I'm guessing the doctrine refers to souls, or spirit...whatever.

Why would a loving God punish for not believing?

Because the doctrine states..."only those that believeth in Lord Jesus Savior, shall be saved"...

...and please....stop using "It's not logical" for your arguments. None of the believers care about logic....obviously. Otherwise...there would be a whole lot less believers.

Yes we get it...it's not logical. Welcome to planet earth.

You are looking for answers you won't get. Trust me. It's a futile endevor. All you will get is Bible quotes...they don't know either. And they do not want to ask themselves these questions. It's all they got.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Actually he doesn't shows us he exists, wouldn't it be easier for him to actually let us see him? that would be the most logical thing to do. After that, we can know he exists.

Jesus came in the flesh and people still didn't believe who he was.

People are going to believe what they want to believe regardless of what the truth is until God decides to show them the truth. He prefers that we seek him out, do his will, and develop a personal relationship with him in order for that to happen.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Why don't you just look?

Take a good look in a mirror,
then take a good look inside yourself,
and wham!
There he/she is!

Stop looking out into the world for God, try searching inside yourself instead, because if you really do, you will find God.

Peace!

When I go to the mirror I only see me, not God.

Why can't God show himself to us? After all, we are going to get tortured for eternity if we don't follow him. How can he expect us to following him when he doesn't even show himself to us?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The answer to this is simple. We would all be dead if God showed himself and if that happens what difference would it make.

Exodus 33:20
But He said, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.”

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames

He "showed" Himself on various occasions in the OT. Yet, no one saw His face, cos they would not see His Face and live, so He showed Himself in other ways to people eg: the burning bush.

People of the OT sacrificed bulls, lambs for their sins, and so did it as a reminder of their sinful ways. In the end God sacrificed Himself in flesh so we can be cleansed from all our sin though Christ, His Son, because we will never stop sinning.

The ultimate price He paid for us with His Blood, not with that of an animal.

Miracles still happen, but, we don't choose to see it or hear of it. He lives within us, but we choose not to see it. That is where prayer/meditation comes in. Not just going down on our knees and do a quick two minute prayer. Not going to a church and think "okay, i have done my part for this week".

To see and hear, for you to realize He lives within one - one needs to have a personal relationship with Him. That doesn't come easy. It is a difficult path as we go by faith, which we all lose at times, even those who stand firm in Him.

Perseverance, hope, courage, strength - and to ask Him to help you grow in faith. No matter how strong one think they are, never stop asking to grow in faith. Our battle is not against flesh but against that which is not. To win, we need Him.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: spelling

Your reply just says we still need faith.

MY question asks, why doesn't God show himself to us in a physical way? not a burning bush or in our minds, but in a physical way.

We can't choose to see or not see a physical thing. It's like saying "I can't see that car because I don't believe it exists"

Why can't God just come, shows us he is real, and then we can start following him? Why just leave us a book and hope we believe in him?
edit on 1-7-2013 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Isn't that exactly what got you into trouble in the first place?

People need to look beyond themselves and the heavens in order to find God.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Well...apparently he used to show him self...in form of burning bush and such...but after a while he stopped doing that...because today...we lock people up in asylums who claim to have talked to God or claim to have seen a burning bush..........

Back than...those were holy people...prophets even. Critical thinking was not something to brag about, because...you could burn like that bush for blasfemy. And thus...the Holy Books were written.

I was under the impression that even back then, most people thought they were crazy, and that most prophets only had a handful of followers who actually believed what they said.

In your opinion, do you think a man should be allowed to kill his children with no repercussions, solely because he thinks/claims that his god told him to do so as an act of faith?

reply to post by Deetermined

That day has supposedly been coming for a very very very long time now. That's all it will ever be. It will always be coming, but will never actually happen.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Actually he doesn't shows us he exists, wouldn't it be easier for him to actually let us see him? that would be the most logical thing to do. After that, we can know he exists.

People are going to believe what they want to believe regardless of what the truth is until God decides to show them the truth. He prefers that we seek him out, do his will, and develop a personal relationship with him in order for that to happen.

But you are making it seem as if the story of Jesus is true and using it as proof that people won't believe in God even he shows himself to us.

Here is the question:

God is powerful, he can do so many things to make us all know he is real. He can show himself in the sky, he come to everyone's house and prove to us he is real, etc.

He can do many things that will make us know he is real. But he doesn't, all you can say is that you believe exists, not that you know he exists.

Why can't he just show himself to us and get it over with?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
The answer to this is simple. We would all be dead if God showed himself and if that happens what difference would it make.

Exodus 33:20
But He said, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.”

Then how can he expect us to believe in him? with a book written by men?

Why would a powerful and loving God leave us with a book? and then expect us to believe in him. Doesn't sound like a powerful God if all he can do to is leave us the Bible.

Plus, doesn't Exodus also talk about slavery and that you can beat your slave and not be punished if he recovers in two days? Doesn't sound like a loveable God.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
if that happens what difference would it make.

It would make a huge difference.

The most important point is that we would actually know he is real. Not believe, but know he is real.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by danielsil18

But you are making it seem as if the story of Jesus is true and using it as proof that people won't believe in God even he shows himself to us.

Here is the question:

God is powerful, he can do so many things to make us all know he is real. He can show himself in the sky, he come to everyone's house and prove to us he is real, etc.

He can do many things that will make us know he is real. But he doesn't, all you can say is that you believe exists, not that you know he exists.

Why can't he just show himself to us and get it over with?

When I play chess with my kid he wins every-time, not because I can't beat him but so that he can learn. What good would it do if I just smash him every-time.

You fail to realize that man has a lesson that's needs to be learned. We won't learn anything if God just comes down and gives us the answer.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by danielsil18

Your reply just says we still need faith.

MY question asks, why doesn't God show himself to us in a physical way? not a burning bush or in our minds, but in a physical way.

We can't choose to see or not see a physical thing. It's like saying "I can't see that car because I don't believe it exists"

Why can't God just come, shows us he is real, and then we can start following him? Why just leave us a book and hope we believe in him?
edit on 1-7-2013 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

But, I did answer you. You cannot see His face and live.

reply to post by KaelemJames

Exodus 33:20 "But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"

And he said, thou canst not see my face,.... Meaning not his form, his essence, his very nature, and the glory of it, that Moses must know he could never see; but the brightest displays of his grace and goodness in Christ, the fullest discoveries of it, which are too much for man, in the present state of things, to have, who sees in part, and but through a glass darkly, not face to face, or in the most complete and perfect manner;

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join