It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot yay or nay ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
Nay....if there was such a thing trigger happy hunters would have blown one away and sold the story to the highest bidder by now...

you realize that has happened right? bozo

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm going to say "m-YAY-be" for now. I have renewed hope that the guys from West Virginia (Appalachian Investigators of Mysterious Sightings) will find actual evidence. So far, in only their 2nd show, they took a great photograph of the Ohio Grassman and appear better suited to find evidence than Bobo and his band of misfits.

We'll see. I want the stories to be true.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee
the diversity of the homonid in question must be diverse enough to be able to naturally inhabit a wide array of climates.

do you see anything wrong with that sentence? you can't use a word to describe itself. that makes no sense

I think what was meant was

The adaptability and ultimately the success of the hominid in question must be diverse enough to exploit a wide variety of natural environments.

I would add that not using fire would be a wise move on it's part, as fire would draw much unwanted attention. You don't need fire to flourish anyway. These creatures have Learned how to void us with a capital L. Any infringement on their habitat they see as us, so I am sure they know how to stay just out of reach. The same way coyotes and wolves might stay just out of rifle range but still afford you a peek.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by randyvs

We need to leave them alone in their natural environment.

It is a bit of a catch-22; if they are discovered officially, which many would love to happen, they most certainly will not be left alone at all.

Just look at practically every other species of animal in the world, they are toyed with and experimented on constantly and without regard for the results. Bigfoot would be treated far worse due to its long-running history of being impossible to find, and its possible relation to humans.

***In Answer to the OP*** I have no problem believing in the existence of Sasquatch.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

You say you`ve researched the BF topic as much as anybody. Yet you still use arguments of bones?

There has been a multitude of bones and bodies found throughout history. Also alot of observations of burials by the BF families.

Yet you still ask for bones?

I suggest you keep on researching.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Terror. Confusion. When you run the gamut between those two emotions, the odds on doing anything other than staring with ones jaw on the ground rise remarkably.

I've hunted most of my life. I'm not Daniel Boone by any means, but I'm not exactly helpless in the woods, either... ...and I was absolutely stunned into inactivity. All I could do was stare... ...and stare...

Had I had a gun, and not been in my car, I doubt I would have even considered shooting it, save in self defense. ...and given how large and strong Sasquatch is reputed to be? Not sure that'd be a good idea. Five hundred pounds of angry primate coming at you with blood in its eyes isn't conducive to accurate shooting. ...and I have my doubts as to whether or not your average deer hunting rifle could take one down with a single shot, or even two.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
I've believed in Bigfoot for a long time. And nothing has convinced me otherwise just yet.

So you want to be convinced that "they" DONT exist?
thats a special scientific way to approach things

well untill its well documented and proven, or i see one myself its a nay from me.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm neutral on the subject. What I find rather odd is why nobody has been able to find skeletal remains or a dead big foot. Also, you would think someone would have stumbled upon their make shift shelter. If they really do exist, I've always wondered if they couldn't be inter-dimensional or a extraterrestrial species that are visiting our planet. That would account to why we haven't found any skeletal remains.

In either case, I'm on the fence and just waiting for someone to present some stronger evidence.
edit on 30-6-2013 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by randyvs

I'm neutral on the subject. What I find rather odd is why nobody has been able to find skeletal remains or a dead big foot. Also, you would think someone would have stumbled upon their make shift shelter. If they really do exist, I've always wondered if they couldn't be inter-dimensional or a extraterrestrial species that are visiting our planet. That would account to why we haven't found any skeletal remains.

Also makes one wonder why noone are able to track them down, after all they should leave some serious big footprints, (and there are some very good trackers amongst us humans) unless they have anti gravity devices or are extreemly carefull to delete any traces of themselves. the photo presented of them dosn seem to substain any of those suggestions.
edit on 30-6-2013 by Minus because: im loving it

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by randyvs

I believe in big foot, they live in British Columbia.....The terrain they live is too inhospitable for people to transverse in.

Now, if only we also had big feet. Then we could catch up to them on foot in their habitat

Maybe Shaq can go visit BF

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Heres my bigfoot encounter story....

It was the summer between 9th and 10th grade, I think that would make it 2003. Me and 2 friends were in upstate new york, around the mountains riding our bikes. We rode our bikes a good hour into the woods to get to some sand dunes that we were gonna jump off of.

Let me put a mental picture in your head about what the area looked liked. We were standing at the edge of a cliff that dropped about 20 or 30 feet down into a bunch of sand. At the bottom of the sand dunes was a pond or some type of body of water. In order to get back to top of the cliff after jumping, you have to walk along the bottom about 200 yards to find a spot that you can climb back up. At the top of the cliff, behind us was a clearing for about 20 yards, then the tree line started.

So me and 2 my friends were getting ready to jump down into the sand. 1 friend jumps first and begins to walk around. Myself and my other friend were looking down, deciding who goes 1st. We were both afraid of heights and kind of arguing as to who should go 1st, because neither of us wanted to jump.

Just then at the tree line behind us we heard something rustling threw the bushes. We both turn around and look and see this huge animal looking thing. It was a cross between a man and a gorilla. The classic image of what bigfoot looks like. It was kinda walking fast, not towards us, but along the tree line looking at us. The fear of hieghts completly ignored, we both immediatly jumped, and hid under the cliff, more scared then I have ever been.

Our friend that jumped 1st saw us hiding and we signeled for him to get down and hide, later he said he thought we were hiding from a cop or ranger or something. But anyway, we turned to eachother while hiding and whispered "WTF was that" and we both immediatly said at the same time "that was bigfoot" with a few swear words inserted. Now at about 30 seconds of hiding after the jump, we decided we werent safe there and ran toward my other friend who was already half way to the area to climb up. We sprinted the whole way, grabbed our bikes and pedaled sooooo fast threw the woods, truely horrified.

My friend who didnt see it, was very pissed that we rode all that way to leave immediatly. He said he did not beleive we saw bigfoot, because bigfoot doesnt exsist, but he knows we saw something from the look of fear we had, and how we were acting.

Later that night I told everyone about it, so did my friend. Nobody beleived us. What a surprise. Then, true story... later that night on the 10 Oclock news, there was a story about bigfoot reserchers were in the area because of recent sightings.

Nobody to this day beleives me or my friend, but I swear on everything, this story is true.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
Heres my bigfoot encounter story....

Just then at the tree line behind us we heard something rustling threw the bushes. We both turn around and look and see this huge animal looking thing. It was a cross between a man and a gorilla.

Then it wasnt a bigfoot but a Humarilla

Joke aside, i know how it is to see something others dont believe - guess its a part of the majority of human nature to only believe if you see it yourself.

Very good story, hope they catch an example of what you saw that day, would be interesting to see what it is.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Minus

I wish I had a camera that day, but idk if I would have even used it. That thing was big enough to rip us apart. 2003 was the ancient times when everyone didnt carry a camera/video camera in their pocket.

We caught eye contact with it for just a moment, but it seemed like a long time. I thought i was going to die.
edit on 30-6-2013 by theconspirator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
If they do exist, they clearly want nothing to do with us. So why not save ourselves some time, money, and effort by giving up attempting to discover, catalog (dissect, which requires a dead one,) or otherwise annoy these supposed and elusive "Bigfeet?"
edit on 30-6-2013 by centhwevir1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

yes thats the big problem we still have today, nobody carries a good enough camera to get pictures/films good enough to be accepted as legit prove. that will hopefully change very soon

But you know what you saw, nobody can take that away from you. at least you can get yourself a super heavy full automatic rifle and go investigate/track it. If you saw an ET aircraft, you would not have the same option.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Minus

At the moment, I have a pretty crappy job that located me to the middle east. But I'll be done with that and back in New York at the end of the year. Once next spring rolls around, I plan on going back to that place, taking some pics of the area and getting the location coordinates on GPS so I can put all that and my story online.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

Thats a great idea, remember to bring tools to get footprints, maybe set up a permanent wild life camera if you can afford it - and look for hair samples left om bushes and on the ground, samples of droppings how discusting that may sound, just make thorough investigation to back up all the other evidence you collect, in that way people have to take your word serious next time.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Jury is still out for me. Thing is with ghosts, UFO's and Bigfoot, the Bigfoot is one thing I have more of a "belief" in.

As for why not many (if any) bones have been found. Maybe they use the extensive cave systems throughout the world. Maybe they do what is in the elephant myths... when it gets time they find a place to go to die. Who actually knows?

There are elusive creatures in this world. Even the best of photgraphers find it very hard to get a photo of a jaguar. I live in bobcat territory but have only seen one dead in the back of someones truck. Plus as others have pointed out, there are discoveries of new species every single day.

Who actually knows... I know I don't and I don't spend my time out in the woods (even though I live at the edge). It is a bit more than a romantic notion that they do in fact exist. I mean, I wish they do and part of me thinks that if one was discovered it would have to either be killed or found dead for the real proof to be taken as proof where photos and movies wouldn't be. To me that is a bit sad. It would be outrageous to me for one to get shot by a hunter and if one was found dead and dragged out of the woods then the "discoverer" could be violating a funeral ritual or whatever that these beings may hold. Either way it will be sad.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee
the diversity of the homonid in question must be diverse enough to be able to naturally inhabit a wide array of climates.

do you see anything wrong with that sentence? you can't use a word to describe itself. that makes no sense

No. There isn't anything wrong with my sentence.

The darkness of a darkroom must be dark enough to allow the chemicals to be remain inert.
I'm so hungry that my hunger is causing me pangs.

How about instead of attacking perceived flaws in my syntax, you discuss the merit of my argument.

That's how real conversation works.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minus

Originally posted by enjoies05
I've believed in Bigfoot for a long time. And nothing has convinced me otherwise just yet.

So you want to be convinced that "they" DONT exist?
thats a special scientific way to approach things

well untill its well documented and proven, or i see one myself its a nay from me.

Proof Gaming - The pseudoscience of forcing the proponent of a construct or set of data, to immediately and definitively prove their contention, circumventing the scientific method and aid of science, before the contention would ostensibly be allowed to be researched by science in the first place.

As long as skeptics contend that proof is the first step in the scientific method, otherwise science can never be undertaken, then this silly little game continues.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join