It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot yay or nay ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
At present, the news on Sasquatch is damn near day to day.
From sightings to cover ups and even to missing persons.
Does this backwoods boogieman coined " Bigfoot " really exist ?
I once knew a man that said " If the river makes noise, there must
be something in it '.
I believe the creature exists without ever seeing one and the only
evidence enough being, the Patterson film. Simply because such
a long running hoax, that would have to reach back into antiquity,
is far more absurd then the possibility that something, has escaped the
study and classification, of todays scientific census, of discovered
earth bound creatures. And what about the government ? A lot of
evidence being indicative of dare I say, a cover -up.

dun dun dun !

So how bout you ? Yay or nay and why ? Also if any one out there
has any storries of an encounter with this mysterious phenomena.
I would remind you that you can relate that story here, in almost
total anonymity. I'm always reading reports that have been filed.
And constantly wonder of the ones never reported.
So let's do this ?

RIGHT HERE ON ATS !

I look forward to anything you have to say on the subject or add to this thread.
EDIT
edit on 29-6-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I've believed in Bigfoot for a long time. And nothing has convinced me otherwise just yet. I think in the near future there will be more solid evidence. Of all the topics discussed here, ghosts and bigfoot are the two I think are really in the world.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Ah, the question that has been asked for decades now...

I have researched the Bigfoot/Sasquatch topic as much as anybody save for devote experts and sadly I can not hold up a single beacon of truth with regards to proof. I have seen a good amount of evidence, and as one who also takes personal testimony from reputable and responsible persons as evidence, the pool is quite large. However evidence does not equate to proof and as much as I like to formulate personal opinions (as I will get in to in a moment) I think to fully believe in this I will require scientific and imperial proof, something we can weigh and measure.

Ok, having said that, I fully believe in the phenomena of Bigfoot/Sasquatch. I have seen and read too much to simply dismiss it ALL as tomfoolery or delusions. But I am not convinced there is a required population of large, hairy, human-like primates cleverly evading humanity with regards to proof. Not a single body, not a single bone ever to be found...? Sure, some may say there is a cover up, but it would take one hell of a cover up to silence the multitudes looking for such evidence.

I have seen most all of the videos, photos, and such. I believe some may be authentic but unfortunately videos and photos can only be considered evidence and NOT proof. Proof will constitute a body to study, either dead or alive, confirming the existence. And to be honest, I do not think that will ever be found because I am not so sure they exist in the physical the same way we do.

Now, I have zero doubt they are being seen, and even providing evidence here and there, but evidence of what? Could they be some inter dimensional beings crossing over every now and then? A 'one-off' government experiment let loose here and there? Akin to a ghost sighting? I am really not sure... But I can say that I believe 100% in the phenomena, I am just not convinced it is related to a thus far uncharted physical population.
edit on 29-6-2013 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I believe in big foot, they live in British Columbia. They are fast, intelligent and can smell humans coming from miles away. The terrain they live is too inhospitable for people to transverse in. We need to leave them alone in their natural environment.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Every year scientists discover new insects, sea life, etc. Thinking that way, it would be silly to ASSume that we know everything that has yet been discovered. I would wonder why no solid proof has ever been found... but again, who really knows what that proof might be? We could be barking up the wrong tree with descriptions, expectations, etc. Maybe bigfoot exists in a completely different way than we all imagine he does.

Who knows? I would like to find out though.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Nay

No one has ever found a bigfoot winter den.
Or got good photos on a game camera.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
If you look back at the hominid record there were different ones hybridizing and carrying on. It stands to reason that one species, maybe Neanderthal, crossed with human made a hybrid that was driven into the wilds tens of thousands of years ago by a smarter and more team oriented Homosapien.

What I find intriguing is how well they have developed in eluding us. I believe they know how to outlast, outwit,and outplay a human in the wilds easily. This is why so few have seen one, because they are more patient, more aware, and more at home in their habitat. Interesting, how many sightings are when one is alone. As if they feel a little more indifferent and less threatened if you are by yourself in the woods and not in groups. Seems plausible to me. Yay

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

We need to leave them alone in their natural environment.

I don't believe I could agree with anything more. I love people who say this.
It shows such a great respect. A human quality I think we need to see more of in this world.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It would be nice to find out first if they indeed have a 'natural environment', but yes I also agree that preserving them, leaving them be would be ideal if proven to exist in the natural/physical.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I am a firm believer. I have never witnessed anything to make me believe but I have an uncle and a friends dad who have (at least they think they did). Both of these are in the woods of NE Iowa. First my uncle's story and both are from about 15 years ago:

He had just finished hunting for the day. It was just the start of dusk as the sun was setting. On his way up the hill back to his truck he all of a sudden got this eerie feeling that someone was watching him. He glanced back (not sure how far back IT was) and he saw a very large creature just looking at him. He said he had to do a double take and after about 30 seconds it walked off back into the woods. He said he'd never been so scared before and was just somewhat frozen. It's not something he likes to talk about because it just creeps him out.

Now my friends dad's encounter I don't know too much about. I can tell you that he is an avid Christian and is not one to make up stories. So I take into his account his credibility as why I believe what he says. He works as a lumber jack so he spends everyday out in the woods (NE Iowa again). But his was during the day out in the middle of the woods and his encounter was estimated to be within 30 feet. He heard some noise and didn't think much of it until it hollered. He never heard anything like this before. He was able to peer thru the woods and that when he saw IT as well. He knows for sure it was no bear and believes he saw a legit Bigfoot.

That's all I got and these two stories is what makes me continue to believe there is indeed a Bigfoot population. I have start to lose a little credibility as the years have gone by but just like aliens I will still believe in that remote possibility.

edit on 29-6-2013 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I would really love for bigfoot to be an undiscovered unclassified hominid.

I have to, however, remain skeptical until we have type species sample.
Many, as you have in the OP, will sight traditions going back to antiquity as reason for validity and justification against an ongoing hoax spring from folklore and legend.

For comparison, we can possibly do the same with Vampires.
Are vampires real? If so, in what sense?
We even have vampire graves in historical evidence with heads cut off, and chests pierced.
Legends persist and some will claim these creatures a reality with all sorts of attributes from the fantastic supernatural on down to just the simple human with a taste for violence and blood consumption.
Really though, is there a separate 'real' species, or mutation of humanity that would qualify in most respects with what we term Vampire?
In reality, most likely not.

The same can be said regarding werewolves, though there's interesting stories like the Beast of Gevaudan in France reported from 1764 to 1767 over an area of some 50x50 miles.
Are werewolves real? or perhaps they're rabid Sasquatch?

We've no real answers and only speculation.

I find it remarkable, however, with all the advancement in technology the PG film resolution from half a century ago is still the highest resolution, best supposed example of this supposed animal.

There's something a little suspicious about that.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

Those sound like the hundreds of accounts over on the BFRO site. If you read some of those (class A) stories it really makes you wonder.

I've read a lot of the Class A reports on the BFRO site and just about every classic bigfoot book out there (including all of David Pauides books) and I think there is something so far unknown out there.

I don't know what it is. But, there are just too many accounts of close sightings of these things. Unfortunately hoaxes make it hard to weed out the true reports.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Bigfoot is a social construct, not a physical entity, and as such, does not exist corporeally.

Many many cultures have stories of an ape like man living in the wilderness, however no empirical evidence of such a creature has ever been brought to light. For so many cultures to have the same mythology surrounding the wild ape man, the diversity of the homonid in question must be diverse enough to be able to naturally inhabit a wide array of climates. To date, there is only one hominid that is known to be able to traverse the globe and thrive in all climate types, and that is only with the help of machinery.

Bigfoot would not be a creature creating such machinery, because we would have found it.

Bigfoot isn't real.
edit on 29-6-2013 by MichaelPMaccabee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Yes I do believe there is a Bigfoot and I only have one story.

I was camping with my kids' adopted grand father, my son, and my nephew in the Bob Marshall wilderness (Lolo national forest In the Northwest). My and grandpas tents were next to each other and I woke up to what I am absolutely sure was a human standing right by the door of my tent. It woke me from sleep and I felt a presence in addition to having heard it. I called out in a normal tone of voice just in case it was my nephew (couldn't be son because sound of footsteps was large man; couldn't be grandfather as he was snoring). There was no answer.

It had been raining lightly. When morning came I could see that something had been there that had a large foot/shoe but it wasn't distinct enough to do much with. I asked if anyone had been walking around and happened to stop in the very front of my tent. No one had but my snoring tent neighbor said he had woken to someone moving around but assumed it was me going to the bathroom and fell back to sleep (the other two in our party were camping considerably further away).

We all examined the mark in front if my tent and believed it was either a weirdo who had been in our camp and stood in front of my tent facing it or something human like. It was quite a big imprint but only the overall impression was distinct. Clearly a foot type impression but the rain had washed anything distinct away.

Having said all of that I don't think Bigfoot would get so close to humans camping. But the fire was out and if it was such a creature it could have been by accident and then when I called out to see who it was he/she froze. No matter what happened that night my kids' grandfather and I both heard footsteps and all within our party were intrigued by the evidence of something having been there.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I have to, however, remain skeptical until we have type species sample.

Here is your sample a frozen bigfoot

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

If you frequent the BFRO website and their sightings section, I was in there last year as the guy who saw it walk across the road in front of him Near Spanaway Washington on the backside of Ft Lewis army base. Yep indeed he is there, and they d**n sure know it I think.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Yay!
I mean, if we're gonna vote Yay or nay I always go for the fun stuff.

Yea or nay is so tedious any way.

Yay is more fun.
edit on 29-6-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Correct....and they're easily hidden 5 miles south of I-90 and state hwy 18 near Seattle....no one can get through there for miles....they will intimidate you. I won't go back without 7 people....and I was armed for bear with two guns.44 and a 30.06 with dangerous game ammo.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
To believe in anything is a very strong conviction to hold for something with next to no hard evidence and whose mane body of evidence is almost entirely anecdotal witness accounts. That being said, disbelief is just as strong a conviction in my opinion, and even if the evidence is just anecdotal, its still very compelling and I think the subject warrants A lot more attention than mainstream science has been willing to offer it. In my mind the strongest evidence for Bigfoot and Bigfoot like creatures is the evidence within the fossil record of the Hominid known as Gigantopithecus. We know that this guy was an Ice age mammal and we know that it existed along side our historical ancestors in asia, and there is really no reason why it, or animals like it couldn't have crossed the supposed "ice bridge" right along side our distant ancestors. Is Gigantopithecus the same animal as the alleged sasquatch? I cannot say, but if you take a look at pictures of the animal there is only one association that a person can make really. And if it did in fact live alongside our ancestors, it would definitely account for why it exists in the oral traditions of the indigenous groups of people from all around the globe!
Now does the sasquatch exist today? There exists within me a dichotomy of wanting to believe because of all the witness accounts, and the common sense part of me which cant get past the troublingly little amount of "hard" data on the subject. I can neither say yay or nay unfortunately but I can say that enjoy the subject immensely, and would count myself among the most thrilled if we indeed found some hard empirical data on the beast.

I recently read a really good book on the subject if any of you are interested in checking it out. Its called Big Foot Prints by Grover Krantz. Its a great read!

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
They are masters of their environment and there is no reason as to why we would find them if they did not want us to. As far as the lack of remains uncovered, they could bury their dead, and could be well aware of our intent to find and capture them, as if we have a right. As a creature with a lot more time on this earth than us modern humans, dignity and an unknown and underestimated intelligence, this doesn't necessarily mean they bury their own in 3 feet of topsoil. I am in no way saying I KNOW of their existence, but I tend to believe it is quite a possibility.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join