It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 2009, Ed Snowden said leakers "should be shot." Then he became one

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

No, your fear is that nothing will change. That is your fear talking.

Mean like that fear talking about evil American government is?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by neo96

NOTHING Snowden did is going to change ANYTHING WHATSOEVER.

Only because the public which includes YOU REFUSES to act!

If people like you kicked up a stink and started mass protests and campaigns maybe something would change!

Get off the Internet and start some action!

That's a great idea alright Snowden supporters step up.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Do you want the american government to continue spying on its citizens? Simple yes or no is sufficient.

NO happy now?

Want doesn't even enter to this conversation nor has it entered to the conversation on capitol hill

What are they talking about?

Immigration

What are Americans talking about?

Levitating monks etc.

Thanks for answering the question. Maybe we are on the same side but you character assasinating snowden only gives more cannon fodder to the people who want the NSA to continue spying on americans. I would rather focus on the positive, and there is a lot of positive imo, so that this information becomes mainstream and people either vote smarter next time or demand impeachment from our elected officials.

Positive energy breeds positive results. Negative energy breeds negative results. Its not rocket science!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Thanks for answering the question. Maybe we are on the same side but you character assasinating snowden only gives more cannon fodder to the people who want the NSA to continue spying on americans. I would rather focus on the positive, and there is a lot of positive imo, so that this information becomes mainstream and people either vote smarter next time or demand impeachment from our elected officials.

Look for the positive?

Absolutely positive Snowden is not going to change a damn thing just like Assange changed nothing, Manning changed nothing, and Snowden changed nothing.

Stating facts is not 'character assassination'.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I got 2 things to say about this article.

The Ars IRC server doesn't log conversations, and there are no official transcripts of any discussions on that server. However, after learning that Snowden appeared to be an Ars user, we received chat logs from multiple longtime users who recalled IRC conversations with the user known as TheTrueHOOHA.

All of these quotes and transcripts that are supposedly Snowden are coming from anonymous 3rd parties, so take them with a grain of salt. They could be his words, or they could be from someone trying to make him look like a hypocrite.

The chat room was a place he would return to on dozens of occasions over his years in Switzerland, and his writings fill in details about the man who may go down as the most famous leaker in US history.

Meanwhile Bradley Manning rots in a cell. Whistleblowing shouldn't be a popularity contest.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

No, your fear is that nothing will change. That is your fear talking.

Mean like that fear talking about evil American government is?

I don't believe in evil, so I don't really know what it is you are talking about.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

NOTHING Snowden did is going to change ANYTHING WHATSOEVER.

Only because the public which includes YOU REFUSES to act!

If people like you kicked up a stink and started mass protests and campaigns maybe something would change!

Get off the Internet and start some action!

That's a great idea alright Snowden supporters step up.

I have already written my congressman and both of my senators, have been involved in several protests, logged hours on social media to get the word out, and continue to post on this thread, with my actual name supporting my positions.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Look for the positive?

Absolutely positive Snowden is not going to change a damn thing just like Assange changed nothing, Manning changed nothing, and Snowden changed nothing.

All posts like this are doing is detracting from the main issues!

You say you want change yet you are unwilling to act and speak like you have given up. You even have said you will vote republican on another thread. The saying goes "insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting diffrent results"

Least over here in the UK popularity for our two major partys are droping off steadly each month. Third party support seems to be growing. Everytime a politican seem to appear in public they basicaly get boo'd and heckled.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I don't believe in evil, so I don't really know what it is you are talking about.

Really?

America isn't evil for spying thus negating everything Snowden supposedly stands for.
edit on 27-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I have already written my congressman and both of my senators, have been involved in several protests, logged hours on social media to get the word out, and continue to post on this thread, with my actual name supporting my positions.

Good for you!

Myself?

Created over 660 threads 18,000 plus posts 3 years on here long before Snowden ever came around.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

All posts like this are doing is detracting from the main issues!

Yes stating the reality is always a 'distraction'.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Going by those...er, E-mails, it looks like Snowden is all things to some men. He should be the next president methinks. Oh, and I guess he lied about Swiss food, it's excellent I ate it a lot...in Germany,

Bürli (Small bread)
Dreikönigskuchen (Epiphanies cake)
Zopf (Bread)
Birchermüesli
Fondue
Pastetli (Meat pie)
Rippli (Loin ribs, also known as smoked pork loin)
Sauerkraut
Teigwaren (Pasta), vegetarian menu
Gemischter Salat (mixed salad with three different dressings)
Wurstsalat (Sausage salad)
Zürcher Eintopf (Hot-pot Zürich style)
Zürcher Geschnetzeltes (Cut meat Zürich style)
Apfelküchlein (Deep fried apple cookie)
Basler Leckerli (Basel cookies)
Brunsli (Swiss brownies, Christmas treat)
Chräbeli (Anise cookies, Christmas treat)
Fasnachtsküchlein (Carneval cookies)
Mailänderli (Milano cookies, Christmas treat)
Nusstorte (Nut cake)
Rüebli Kuchen (Carrot cake)
Schokolade Kuchen (Chocolate cake)
Schwabenbrötli (Swabia cookies)
Zimtsterne (Cinnamon cookies, Christmas treat)
Magenbrot (Sweet pieces of bread)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Really?

America isn't evil for spying thus negating everything Snowden supposedly stands for.

I told you, I don't believe in the concept of evil. The United States Government isn't evil.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Look for the positive?

You think nothing changes, but every drop of new information into the bucket does something. It helps bring change. It raises awareness levels and that leads to positive change.

As for facts they are kool but you only focus on those that damage disclosure.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Good for you!

Myself?

Created over 660 threads 18,000 plus posts 3 years on here long before Snowden ever came around.

And in all of that effort, you haven't even managed to make an impact anywhere that I can see, while many of the things that I have championed are being turned into reality. See how actually getting out there and being the change you want to see in the world is better than simply ranting on ATS?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Nothing does change there is an old saying the more things change the more they state the same.

Point of fact this country is the same as it ever was the only thing that has changed was the date.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

And in all of that effort, you haven't even managed to make an impact anywhere that I can see, while many of the things that I have championed are being turned into reality. See how actually getting out there and being the change you want to see in the world is better than simply ranting on ATS?

Bold statement to make consider that 2013 join date.

Ranting about posters doesn't change anything now back to Snowden.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Point of fact this country is the same as it ever was the only thing that has changed was the date.

Not really.

The USA really was a great country between 1865-1929

The country then lived up to its ideals that were set down when it was created.

When it started meddling in international affairs and turning into the military hyper power it is now corruption and evil set in.

When your vast goverment and Huge millitary industrial complex were set up it was inenvitable things would go down hill as there is no reason now the elites should follow the constitution or any ideals set down in 1783, If they want to do something they can legal or illegal as they have all the power with little too no checks and balances in place anymore.
edit on 27-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

"The Ars IRC server doesn't log conversations, and there are no official transcripts of any discussions on that server. However, after learning that Snowden appeared to be an Ars user, we received chat logs from multiple longtime users who recalled IRC conversations with the user known as TheTrueHOOHA."

arstechnica.com...

CONvenient...

Be careful who you trust people.

edit: new to ats, first post. Hi

edit on 27-6-2013 by rocktsar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Bold statement to make consider that 2013 join date.

Ranting about posters doesn't change anything now back to Snowden.

Why does my join date have anything to do with my political activism? My post was to the point. You told the Snowden supporters to step up, and I told you that some of us already had. No one is ranting about posters. You made yourself part of the thread when you trumpeted your own accomplishments. If you don't want to be the topic of discussion, don't make yourself the topic of discussion.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join