It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 2009, Ed Snowden said leakers "should be shot." Then he became one

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Such a romanticized vision of America where the reality
has been anything but.

edit on 27-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Thank you - My exact same point here ...........The OP's phony article contains nothing to say that ES made any of those alleged remarks..........absolutely no proof...........

QUOTE -

"I just ran through the phony hit piece on ES via the ARS slime piece. Looks like ARS took its lessons well from the likes of Cass Sunstein et al. What a load of crap. I guess when the bastards come after me people like the OP and the author of the hit piece on ES will dredge up all of my Internet musings, ramblings, rants, psychotic meanderings, arguments, phantasies, and bannings as proof of a bad or ill formed character etc., and use them to vilify me too - huh? The article is pure garbage. Nobody here has anything on ES."

edit on 27-6-2013 by Guadeloupe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

And in all of that effort, you haven't even managed to make an impact anywhere that I can see, while many of the things that I have championed are being turned into reality. See how actually getting out there and being the change you want to see in the world is better than simply ranting on ATS?

Bold statement to make consider that 2013 join date.

Ranting about posters doesn't change anything now back to Snowden.

Why does my join date have anything to do with my political activism? My post was to the point. You told the Snowden supporters to step up, and I told you that some of us already had. No one is ranting about posters. You made yourself part of the thread when you trumpeted your own accomplishments. If you don't want to be the topic of discussion, don't make yourself the topic of discussion.

Yeah right

Try reading this thread, and say that again.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocktsar
reply to post by neo96

"The Ars IRC server doesn't log conversations, and there are no official transcripts of any discussions on that server. However, after learning that Snowden appeared to be an Ars user, we received chat logs from multiple longtime users who recalled IRC conversations with the user known as TheTrueHOOHA."

arstechnica.com...

CONvenient...

Be careful who you trust people.

edit: new to ats, first post. Hi

edit on 27-6-2013 by rocktsar because: (no reason given)

HAHA he nailed the UK down to a T.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guadeloupe
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Thank you - My exact same point here ...........The OP's phony article contains nothing to say that ES made any of those alleged remarks..........absolutely no proof...........

Right 'phony'

www.foxnews.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.sunshinestatenews.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Go tell them it's a 'phony story'.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Nothing does change there is an old saying the more things change the more they state the same.

Point of fact this country is the same as it ever was the only thing that has changed was the date.

But unlike you I know why things don't change. The msm covers it all up and people like you don't really care. In fact you are on this "alternative site" digging up dirt, which may or may not be true, but regardless show poor taste.

How the hell do you want change if you don't want any whistleblowers, and don't even comprehend that whistleblowing within the usa is a death sentence? How many examples of this does one need to cite??

He didn't divulge military secrets to any government, at least there is no proof of this. What he did do was divulge the NSA spying on americans at hong kong media outlets where he was immune from immediate prosecution. Sure its embarrasing but other than that there is no harm done to american, british, australian national security. He simply raised awareness levels for americans, british, australians.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

But unlike you I know why things don't change. The msm covers it all up and people like you don't really care. In fact you are on this "alternative site" digging up dirt, which may or may not be true, but regardless show poor taste.

Coverup what?

They are the ones who 'broke' America is 'Spying'.

How the hell do you want change if you don't want any whistleblowers, and don't even comprehend that whistleblowing within the usa is a death sentence? How many examples of this does one need to cite??

Already asked, and answered work from WITHIN the system.

He didn't divulge military secrets to any government, at least there is no proof of this. What he did do was divulge the NSA spying on americans at hong kong media outlets where he was immune from immediate prosecution. Sure its embarrasing but other than that there is no harm done to american, british, australian national security. He simply raised awareness levels for americans, british, australians.

And the point is?

Since the creation of the net Americans have been 'data mined' as well as with the creation of the telephone this is nothing new.

New boss same as the old boss rinse and repeat.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I believe we should question what comes out about him to figure out what is dis info, who to trust,etc. Should question both sides. We should also not forgot the media is and has spread dis info on Benghazi, the IRS targeting groups, Fast and the Furious, etc., and now with Amnesty and Hasting's death.

Snip from post:

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist

The Ars IRC server doesn't log conversations, and there are no official transcripts of any discussions on that server. However, after learning that Snowden appeared to be an Ars user, we received chat logs from multiple longtime users who recalled IRC conversations with the user known as TheTrueHOOHA.

If you want to go further in depth on his chat saying leakers"should be shot in the balls" then, question the source more;
Did the logs come from multiple longtime users, who were not connected such as friends or work with the CIA? How many people(home computers, not Government) would actually save logs that long, considering computer upgrades during that length of time?

reply to post by Guadeloupe

While I was replying your post came up...., thanks.

edit on 27-6-2013 by dreamingawake because: removed vid

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Coverup what?

They are the ones who 'broke' America is 'Spying'.

Yeah of course they broke the story. And look at the spin they put on it. There should be no question about hero or traitor. I don't see the media chastising the government for violating the bill of rights, its more in line with snowden is a traitor.

The same thing you and a few other second amendment only "patriots" are doing. Its not suprising that military and police support the government and offer superficial critique.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hats of to Neo

Unfortunately you'll never win with this lot, they're just to far gone to ever listen to common sense ever again because it doesn't fit the vast rivers of Anti West propaganda & conspiracy's they have been subjected to online, lets just except we have lost these individual to foreign propaganda

Hats of at least you're smart enough to see something is amiss here and understand that the like of China & Russia have had a massive hand in setting this up

They are after all the Wests biggest enemies and seek to overtake and challenge western domination in the world for there own gain & the own peoples benefits, it is without a doubt they would seek a way to exploit Western Intel as they have been doing for so long, why people can't see that snowden exiled in the country that per-portrait the biggest number of attack on US & western countries is beyond me and Mr Snowden ended up there then and then Russia with many laptops of information on the types of security programs western countries use for defense against those countries? really? lol derp derp

How ever

They "Russia & China" have clearly found a big weakness in western society with the need to have these programs for defense against the likes of them and homegrown terrorist threats within our multicultural countries, what better way to course a stir than to turn the people against there own governments

In doing so without these programs in place due to public outcry under the the misleading and false claims of your governments spying on you, China & Russia would run rampant with hacking & cyber attacks along with social unrest on our streets, and terrorists would have a absolute bloody field day left unchecked... threats and attacks could double or triple and these idiots will be jumping on the next anti west propaganda bandwagon

You guys just have no idea and understand how the world works

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

reply to post by crazyewok

Such a romanticized vision of America where the reality
has been anything but.

But still a dam site better than 1945 onwards!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Yeah of course they broke the story. And look at the spin they put on it. There should be no question about hero or traitor. I don't see the media chastising the government for violating the bill of rights, its more in line with snowden is a traitor.

The only chastising I see from anyone is on those who are critical of Snowden that automatically means they love government which can't be any further from the truth.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

For a group that supposedly 'prides' itself on questioning everything they are told they sure dropped the ball with Snowden.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

reply to post by TritonTaranis

For a group that supposedly 'prides' itself on questioning everything they are told they sure dropped the ball with Snowden.

This is the biggest alerm bell in years

But the clued up people who think they know everything have missed something so blatantly obvious

The story is being portrayed as a threat to privacy and people think its a threat,

It more of a threat without them programs in place and now there countries number one competitors & enemies have this information, but they just don't see it WTF? totally brainwashed, most have given up looking at both side of the story or evidence using logic and reasoning with a very very poor understanding of the world

And not to mention...

people somehow think our government have the money time & resources to be directly spying on us ALL simultaneously

The Snowden Privacy Leaks? BS more like a well planned out Russia/China propaganda campaign, Without these intelligence & defense programs in place your countrys are f~~king defenseless to there plots & cyber attacks to gain what ever they like, and you're doing nothing but aiding the enemies just as Snowden has with his good heart

I think Snowden possibly did have a good heart, he does look a little on the feminine side, but you all know what happens to those types with good hearts and are "to nice"... they tend to get taken advantage of and walked all over

edit on 27-6-2013 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

What part of this is so hard to understand?
NOTHING Snowden did is going to change ANYTHING WHATSOEVER.

I find your comments to be rather foolish. Edward Snowden's accomplishments are incalculable, and he hasn't even revealed anything significant as of yet. From this point forward the manner in which American citizens will relate to this oppressive regime - this overwhelmingly powerful surveillance state, will never be the same: everything has changed with respect to how the American people feel about their present condition. The same can be said for the way in which other nations throughout the world will be dealing with the USA. His actions are tantamount to a major national and international 'game changer.'

There has been much conjecture as to what motivated him to take such drastic action against his own government - this horrifically oppressive Stasi like Orwellian state. Edward Snowden, like Bradley Manning, and Julian Assange and many others before him, was guided by his conscience to reveal to the world the crimes of this government, and he is very straightforward about why he decided to leak this information. “I really want the focus to be on these documents and the debate which I hope this will trigger among citizens around the globe about what kind of world we want to live in.” He added: “My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them.” I suspect he also had another motive and that was to play the role of "Game Changer."

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Guadeloupe

I find your comments to be rather foolish. Edward Snowden's accomplishments are incalculable, and he hasn't even revealed anything significant as of yet. From this point forward the manner in which American citizens will relate to this oppressive regime - this overwhelmingly powerful surveillance state, will never be the same: everything has changed with respect to how the American people feel about their present condition. The same can be said for the way in which other nations throughout the world will be dealing with the USA. His actions are tantamount to a major national and international 'game changer.'

The foolish?

Are the people who think government is ever going to change a zebra can't change it's stripes.

There has been much conjecture as to what motivated him to take such drastic action against his own government - this horrifically oppressive Stasi like Orwellian state. Edward Snowden, like Bradley Manning, and Julian Assange and many others before him, was guided by his conscience to reveal to the world the crimes of this government, and he is very straightforward about why he decided to leak this information. “I really want the focus to be on these documents and the debate which I hope this will trigger among citizens around the globe about what kind of world we want to live in.” He added: “My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them.” I suspect he also had another motive and that was to play the role of "Game Changer."

Game changer?

They make up their own rules as they go along none of those people changed anything big,bad,brooding government is same o same o.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

And in all of that effort, you haven't even managed to make an impact anywhere that I can see, while many of the things that I have championed are being turned into reality. See how actually getting out there and being the change you want to see in the world is better than simply ranting on ATS?

Bold statement to make consider that 2013 join date.

Ranting about posters doesn't change anything now back to Snowden.

Why does my join date have anything to do with my political activism? My post was to the point. You told the Snowden supporters to step up, and I told you that some of us already had. No one is ranting about posters. You made yourself part of the thread when you trumpeted your own accomplishments. If you don't want to be the topic of discussion, don't make yourself the topic of discussion.

Yeah right

Try reading this thread, and say that again.

I read the thread and stand by my sentiments. If you have something more to add, then do so. All I see is you posturing and puffing out your chest about how you just know that everyone but you is wrong and that nothing can be done and SNowden didn't change anything and how everything is bad.

I feel sorry for you more than anything. It must be very lonely and scary to live in such a fearful world.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Those who live in fear think Snowden is going to 'make everything alright'.

True there is 'postering' in this thread by those who throw the term 'pity' around where there is no need nor want for it.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Snowdon seems to have had quite an about face on security issues.

The only person I can think of who had a comparable ideological about face was the actor Stirling Hayden who denounced people he knew as communists during the McCarthy era investigations and then in remorse, years later, became a member of the Communist Party.

If you read the article linked by the OP, particularly page 3 of it, Snowdon comes across as a conservative extremist on security matters. People don't normally change to the degree he did in such a short time.

If you go to tarpley.net and listen to his last couple of radio broadcasts, he is convinced that Snowdon, like Assange is a "limited hangout" pawn, being manipulated by American intelligence services trying to get Obama out of office.

I know Snowdon is still in his twenties, the terrible twos of adulthood, and as such, knows it all, can't be corrected and is likely to turn completely around on any given question at any time, so it is hard to draw conclusions about him based on "behavior", but Tarpley sees Snowdon in a broader historical sweep that goes back to Daniel Ellsberg and the devastating effect his leaks had on the Nixon presidency.

In Tarpley's view the important thing about Snowdon is not that he says the NSA is spying on everyone but that his revelations (all old news for the most part) come out at a time of numerous sequential threats to either Obama personally or to his political career and therefore to his policies.

Obama is pissing off people in segments of the oligarchy and now Snowdon appears conveniently, among other things, to slide a banana peel under the President's feet at a time of serious disagreements about what course to follow in Syria.

For Tarpley, Snowdon is a side show. The real story is what sort of machinations are being directed at the President at this time.
edit on 27-6-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

REMINDER~~~~

Please address your remarks to the topic and not other members....You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics....and such posts will be removed.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join